[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The more I think about it, the more I realize that the Inkling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11
File: WiiU_Splatoon_char_06.png (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_Splatoon_char_06.png
1 MB, 1500x1500
The more I think about it, the more I realize that the Inkling should've gotten in over Corrin.

Think about it. New character of a fresh new IP that were a critical and commercial success. They actually got a lot of attention from Nintendo, a lot of advertisement and whatnot. What's more, their game was ALREADY OUT. Corrin is advertisement for a game that has yet to come out and probably won't sell as much as Splatoon regardless. It's probably Nintendo's biggest new IP in years.

What's more, the Inkling(s) could easily have a unique moveset with what they have. More unique than Corrin, at least.

So what gives? Why fucking Corrin over the Inkling? Lots of people wanted the Inkling(s) in. So what the fuck Sakurai?
>>
>>320531662

Who cares?
Weeb character or pedo-bait character. Should've been Ridley
>>
They need to save someone for Smash 5.
>>
>>320531662
>>320531767
Who the fuck cares about a children's button-masher? Christ, grow up and stop begging mommy for Amiibos.
>>
>Long answer: It's being saved for Smash 5
>Short answer: Sakurai loves Fire Emblem
>>
Haven't seen the K. Rool falseflaggers in a while.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about either of those you child
It should have just been Cloud and Bayonetta
>>
>>320531662
Because Sakurai is a hack
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 499x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 499x402
>>320531767
>Ridleyfags will never stop being a thing
>in 2030 when Smash 7 is coming to the NXYZ Ridleyfags will be shitposting about him
>>
>giving a fuck about the roster
>>
>>320531767
>Ridleyfags are this btfo
God damn son
Even back in the earliest Direct days I couldn't have dreamed you guys would get rekt this hard. Fucking RIP man
>>
File: Ken_Griffey,_Jr._June_2009.jpg (1 MB, 2098x2685) Image search: [Google]
Ken_Griffey,_Jr._June_2009.jpg
1 MB, 2098x2685
A different kind of Kid should have gotten in.
>>
Inkling and even fuckin Elma from Xenoblade X would have been better additions.

If they were going to create a new character from scratch to promote a newer game, why waste the time doing it for a series that already had 5 characters? Hell they haven't advertised XCX nearly as much as they should have.
>>
Out of all the DLC, I didn't get a single character I wanted, but at least Inklings never saw the light of day. I'll still take a garbage FE animu swordsman over a literal multiplayer placeholder character.

And at least I started playing FF7 recently, so Cloud is all right I think.
>>
>>320531767
>>320532061
I give it until Smash 5 for Ridley. If he's not playable until then, I'll give up. Sakurai has gone back on his word before. Every game since Brawl, they've gotten closer and closer to making him playable, making him a boss, then a fancy stage hazard. He will finally be playable in Sma5h, I hope.

>>320531882
>>320531928
That's actually a pretty good point.
>>
>>320532317
Villager is just as much of a placeholder as Inklings would be.
>>
>>320532281
Like who?

>>320532286
I would've accepted Elma. I've yet to play XBC or XBX but at least she could have potential for an original moveset.
>>
>>320532347
Holy shit Ridleyfag delusion is Stroonk
>>
>>320532412
>villager
>in a decade-long series
>dedicated art direction
>unique huge range of moves
>"placeholder"
>>
>>320532610
I assumed by "placeholder" you meant "character avatar with no depth", which both fit to a t.

Also Inklings just as much if not more moveset potential than Villager does.
>>
>>320531882
Then why Corrin? He/She would have been perfect for the next gen Smash.
>>
At first I was so adverse to Inkling not being dlc because I wanted her to have a flashy debut for Smash 5, but I slowly came around to it as ballot speculation went on. I think this will be for the best. She will heavily feature in initial advertising for the next game, be on the cover, get custom moves
>>
>>320533364

Because they'll probably put out another 3 FE games before the next Smash.
>>
I agree with saving big guns for 5

Even then, out of all the fucking Nintendo characters to choose from
It is bullshit that they went with yet another literal who fire emblem character
>>
>>320532610
Do you not know what kind of a game Smash is?
>>320533527
>12 FE characters in Smash 5
>5 KI reps
Mario and Pokemon will be overrun soon.
>>
>>320534594
>>5 KI reps
Not him, but fwiw, I'd be totally down with Hades and maybe Viridi being playable.
>>
>>320531882
>They need to save someone for Smash 5.

THIS

Who knows what games will be released between now and Smash 5?
>>
>>320533364
Because Inkling will generate more hype, get a CG trailer, probably will have unique mechanics that will not be held back by the 3DS and ride the momentum with a Splat2n,
>>
>>320532286
>Inkling and even fuckin Elma from Xenoblade X would have been better additions.

Next Smash, next Smash

Hell, I can see someone like Lana and Linkle be part of it as well as anyone in Zelda Wii U
>>
At least they made the Inkling Mii costumes
>>
>>320533527
Yeah, but then that just makes a shitty situation of having to bring back MORE characters for the next game, because Smash will always try to bring back everyone and shit on introducing new stuff until it does that usually.

Like look at fucking Sheik. She was minor as fuck and only in OoT, and she's been in 3 Smash games now. We haven't gotten any actual new Zelda characters since Melee, with Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf with a fucking Captain Falcon moveset, Link, and younger Link as the same characters in Melee, Brawl, and 4.
>>
>>320536461
>Hell, I can see someone like Lana and Linkle be part of it as well as anyone in Zelda Wii U
Oh fuck me, this is possible isn't it?
>>
>>320536770

They really should swap Sheik out for one of the Impas or something.
>>
>>320531662
>So what the fuck Sakurai?
He wanted to save us from cancerous lolifag posting shit like lewd squidgirls in smash threads. So for that at least i am grateful to him.
>>
>>320536150
Elma's going to be outdated by the time the next Smash is out. The game's already out worldwide, they could've struck while the iron was red hot for a better character from a series that's less represented, newer, and needs more marketing.

And Xenoblade Chronicles X took forever to develop, between the team size and massive technical difference between a game like it or FE Awakening. It might not even have a direct sequel, like how X isn't related to the wii one, and if it does, it might be after the next Smash even given the development times.
>>
>>320531662
The two major problems with Inkling in Smash are:

1) Technical limitations of an already developed game vs. a version of the Squid Kids that play like Splatoon and not just a Mii Gunner.

2) Splatoon is still building brand recognition, and shoehorning them as DLC would be doing the franchise a disservice; it's not even a year old.
>>
>>320537209
Honestly, it seems weird how we never got at least another Ganondorf/Ganon since we have two Zeldas and two Links. And hell, given Sheik got in, you'd think at least one of Impa, Midna, or Ghirahim could've gotten in.

Confusing as fuck when Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Greninja make the cut.
>>
>>320531662
I'm so sick of seeing this hideous thing plastered all over the place related to Nintendo. I cant even start up the badge arcade without seeing this ugly slut and her stupid faggot face she always makes.
>>
>>320531767
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>320537710
That's completely backwards though.

Splatoon's an incredibly successful new IP on the same console Smash is on. The audience is right there already, Getting in Smash means more people will want to buy the DLC character because they are in all likeliness the same people who bought and played Splatoon, and they'll be excited by that.

It's new and exciting too. Look at this thread, Corrin's a unique character unlike others in his series, and he's still getting shit on for being the 6th fucking Fire Emblem character in Smash.

Smash does nothing but help brand recognition with Splatoon, and Splatoon's current popularity helps Smash.
>>
>>320538269
Now THAT is some shit taste
>>
>splatoon is already a success
>fates may not be
>more sales on 3ds

So why is op THIS stupid? Don't even like corin, but st least he was up front about him being a marketing character
>>
>>320538501
Nah senpai.
>>
There are a myriad of characters who should have gotten in over another fe character, sakurai is just an FEfag and doesn't care
>>
>>320531662
There's no good excuse for the Girl and Boy to not be in the game.
>>
>>320538637
Even then by that logic he's shitty choice since plenty of other games could've used it before that game
>>
>>320538437
>Splatoon's an incredibly successful new IP on the same console Smash is on.
Just going to note here that Smash is both for 3DS and Wii U.

>Getting in Smash means more people will want to buy the DLC character because they are in all likeliness the same people who bought and played Splatoon
Same argument could be made for just about any other character on a Nintendo system.

>Look at this thread, Corrin's a unique character unlike others in his series, and he's still getting shit on for being the 6th fucking Fire Emblem character in Smash.
Unfortunate, yet entirely anecdotal.

>Smash does nothing but help brand recognition with Splatoon, and Splatoon's current popularity helps Smash.
The difference is that FE is an established brand while Splatoon is still a new IP that is still building recognition.

I'm assuming you have no arguments against point (1), correct?
>>
File: Splinter's_murderer.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Splinter's_murderer.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>TFW there'll never be a new smash

;_;
>>
> actually defending another FE character

Lol

The first party dlc is absolute trash, thankfully the third party stuff is really good
>>
>>320531662
FAN SERVICE
>>
>>320539047
There's no need to defend Corrin when the criticism against him is neither valid nor sound.
>I don't like Fire Emblem
>I don't like sword-users or Dragons
>I wanted a different character
>>
>>320531662

You Inkling fags are the worst. Splatoon's great, but what possible moveset could they bring to the table? They couldn't use the one thing that makes their game unique in a Smash battle, which is inking the ground to swim through it. For one thing, that's an absurd system to introduce for only one character, and even if they did, they'd be useless on moving or transforming stages. Even if tourney people wouldn't play on those types of stages anyway, Nintendo wouldn't be keen on that.

If you take that away, what's left? Ink would have to magically appear on the ground, like Ruto with water in Hyrule Warriors if they use the squid form, and all the attacks would just be shooting ink, or swinging a brush that would just act like any of the hated swordfighters we already have. The Mii fighter costume seemed like the perfect solution.
>>
>>320539341
They would essentially be a Mii gunner that can hide in puddles.
>>
>>320539565

That's something they could do, but how can you make something that hides in a puddle hit-able while in the puddle? That can't just make them invisible, and it'd look silly to punch above them and knock them out of it.
>>
What are your opinions on these Newcomers?

Rosalina I was iffy on, but I love her playstyle. She's sort of a "new face" for the current Mario games, so I say she's a good fit. (INB4 waifufag)

Junior I didn't expect, in my opinion he's doesn't have that 'oompth' the other characters has. I do like you can play as the other Koopalings, though.

Greninja just shows that I don't know what the kids like nowadays, but he's fine.

I did not expect Robin, but I loved Awakening. He became my main and being a non-sword focused FE character is a plus.

Lucina is meh

Palutena was my waifu before the game came out. I perfect her custom specials over her defaults.

Dark Pit is meh. Like Lucy, I accept what Sakurai said about him being a "bonus character"

Villager, Little Mac, Shulk, Mega/Pac Man, Duck Hunt... I feel like these series needed reps and I was not disappointed.

Miis= I honestly wanted a Mii to have Mii based moves... (Wii Sports, Party, Play etc)

Ryu. Cloud, and Bayo are iconic characters so I feel like they deserve their slots.

Corrin is the only one I dislike besides Pitto. FE had enough reps. I'm still gonna buy him, though.
>>
>>320539245
You see nothing wrong with 6 swordsman from a niche series having more characters than zelda, one which was another clone?
>>
>>320539341
How limited does your creativity have to be to compare Inkling attacks to that of a generic swordfighter?

Seriously they shoot ink, use brushes, paint rollers, buckets, can transform into a squid and swim around, launch bombs, and have all manner of super attacks that would make sense for a final smash.

Like did Corrin look totally unique and interesting prior to seeing him in action to you? Making a character interesting requires nothing but a small bit of consideration towards what they are and what they do.
>>
>>320540556

They wouldn't really be able to swim in ink, though, or they'd be impossible to hit, unless they rise the squid out of the ink to a low crouch level.
>>
>>320540706
Every character has a sweep

Is like saying a crawl would be broken
>>
>>320540256
Sales and popularity have next to nothing to do with the Smash roster. Zelda has five playable characters because they are the most notable from their series, whereas Fire Emblem has multiple installations with an almost completely new cast in each game.
>>
>>320532347
>giving up
Shame on you, Anon.
>>
>>320540804

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Inklings are usually completely submerged, so they'd have to be at crawl height instead, which isn't faithful.
>>
>>320537876
>Confusing as fuck when Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Greninja make the cut.
Why the fuck is everyone so anti-Rosalina?

She's here to stay. :^)
>>
File: 1410251757895.png (2 MB, 1460x996) Image search: [Google]
1410251757895.png
2 MB, 1460x996
>>320540962

it's over
>>
I doubt smash's engine could handle inkling's ink very well. That's probably why inklings didn't get in. They want to do it right in smash 5 where they can paint the stage correctly.
>>
>>320540706
There are a number of ways you could limit it. It's not like they would have to be able to be completely invulnerable and able to sit in place forever and able to do it absolutely anywhere.

I think you're problem is you've already decided you don't like them so you aren't giving any amount of consideration towards the possibilities.
>>
>>320541125
Do you have a version of this without the stage hazard?

Or is this just like Smash?
>>
>>320541279
I agree, and I bet inklings will be auto color coded to what player slot you are, like villager's balloons, and people will bitch about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 816x555) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 816x555
>>320541125
You forgot one, anon.
>>
>>320531662
I was thinking about this the other day. I think the reason Inkling wasn't put in as a full character is because they wanted to make an ink mechanic and just didn't want to put so much time and effort into a DLC character who has an entire mechanic based around it.

Think about it. In order to properly homage their game, Inklings would need to shoot ink that stays onstage and have a function; either causing damage over time or allowing them to move faster or hide in it whilst slowing enemies. They'd also have to model every single previous character covered in ink. For characters like Kirby it's easier since he's in it from the start; imagine if Kirby was a DLC character and they had to make a Kirby hat for every single previous character in addition to his moveset. It's not that they couldn't, it's just that they didn't want to spend the time and effort on something that not everybody would get.

Not to mention, Smash very rarely uses characters from its current gen. Wii Fit Trainer could have been in Brawl but wasn't. Roy was really the only character before Corrin to be in Smash without a game released, and he was a Marth clone.
>>
>>320540860
Then why is Ike back when he's irrelevant or roy? As opposed to an ORAS rep, Adam from metroid, or pig ganon
>>
>>320541279
That's a very good point, especially with a weaker version on the Nintendo 3DS and 8-Player Smash on Wii U. This actually makes the most sense based on everything I've heard. Does this mean Ridley?
>>
>>320541779
No, not as long as fagurai is in charge. But you can enjoy more FE sword fighters
>>
>>320541708
>ask a question unrelated to my previous post

Ike is back because of his unique moveset from Brawl and because he's the most popular FE character in the West. Roy was DLC because he was the most wanted character from Melee sans Mewtwo, and was originally planned for Brawl as well.

Pokemon already has 6 reps (and an entire fighting game for just Pokemon now), Adam is bland and not a unique character, and Pig Ganon is Ganondorf's final smash.
>>
>>320542036
>Adam is bland

A space federation comander is not more bland than another FE swordsman, and while pokemon has its reps they are all unique and the series is much bigger than FE so it's justified
>>
File: Potato chan cover.png (610 KB, 760x1074) Image search: [Google]
Potato chan cover.png
610 KB, 760x1074
Okay faggots. I like me some loli from time to time but the squidshits aren't exactly fap material. I got a Wii U with a Splatoon code which I downloaded but never played because the game looks pretty meme desu. Am I really missing something and should I seriously play Splatoon right now or is it just another meme?

I'm fucking serious, should I play Splatoon before I get my hands on Xenoblade X?

I'm planning to play the shit out of XCX so there will be no place for Splatoon once I'm in.
>>
File: Grief by Ridleyfags.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Grief by Ridleyfags.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>320531767
Still relevant
>>
>>320531882
>>320532347
>>320536150
>>320531928
Who do they even have left for Smash 5? They'd have to have something fucking bombastic to outdo Mega Man, PAC-MAN, Shulk and Villager.

My guess:
>Ridley (yeah I know but seriously they KNOW it'd print as much money as FFVIIR)
>Inkling (the expected newcomer but with baller mechanics)
>King K Rool (the costume says it all)
>Takamaru
>Ashley
>Captain Toad (they'd finally change Peach's move)
>Sukapon
>Mach Rider

I think to make the perfect Smash we'd need some Konami characters like Bomberman, Simon Belmont and Snake; I hope Konami changes in the next 10 years so it can happen.

I also think to cut down on character slots they'll have to make alts whose movesets and name cues change with the costume; Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Samus, Wolf, etc.
>>
>>320542196
I'd honestly prefer a Hunter if not a simple Federation Soldier.
>>
>>320531662
Why should you advertise something that's already out for so long? Adding Corrin creates awareness of FE Fate in the west for the coming release..
>>
File: this faggot.jpg (186 KB, 966x720) Image search: [Google]
this faggot.jpg
186 KB, 966x720
>>320542362
The word meme should be filtered too. It's getting ridiculous.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x400
>>320537107
>Lana or Linkle get in before Wolf Link + Midna

They better fucking not
>>
>>320543673
>2015
>still on the "I hate memes" meme
>>
>>320543930
>wanting Wolf Link + Midna
I don't want Lana or Linkle anywhere near Smash as much as the next guy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
>>
File: b8a6f3e56f8.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
b8a6f3e56f8.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>320544114
> Hating on hylian Miku.

I agree on Linkle, though. Her play style looks pretty boring. Especially in a game as crazy and stupid as HW.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.