[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
piracy will never blossom on ps4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: PS4-jailbreak.jpg (124 KB, 1049x590) Image search: [Google]
PS4-jailbreak.jpg
124 KB, 1049x590
this morning we talked about it....let me summarize

>devs can implement always online drm on future games

>inb4 bypassing this

try diablo 3 or titanfall

also each dev can choose different ways of implementing online drm...making a universal patch impossibru
>>
>>320523246
Microsoft tried always online and it backfired hard, you know.
>>
>devs can implement always online drm on future games

Isn't this what fucking killed the xbone

Somehow I don't see every single game bothering to set up custom drm. Sure, maybe the big triple AAA titles, but then again you could just play those on pc
>>
and that day the PS4 became what the xbone was going to be at launch until people cry about it.
>>
>implying this will ever happen
>implying it would happen because of piracy of all things

You're a fucking retard
>>
Explain to me how that wasnt always the case
>>
File: 1361741620085.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1361741620085.gif
911 KB, 171x141
>>320523246
Please stop calling running any sort of unsigned code "jailbreaking". This is as bad as calling any piece of software "app".
>>
>>320523415
That's only because they hadn't sold the console yet.
>>
>>320523872
This. Shitty terminology that doesn't need to circulate as much as it does.
>>
File: 1450301921574.jpg (120 KB, 890x643) Image search: [Google]
1450301921574.jpg
120 KB, 890x643
>>320524131
ignore him. he is baiting.

on x1 and ps4 devs can choose to make online drm

online drm can also be masked as mp
>>
>>320524131
Even so, implementing always online DRM to stop a couple of pirates is not worth the bad PR.
I guess it would depend on how easy it will be to pirate games on the PS4. If it is like the PS3 then it will not be rampart enough to hinder software sales. If it is as easy as say, like, the Wii, then there's probably some serious security flaw with the system and I doubt there would be enough DRM to stop that sort of piracy without completely butchering actual consumers.

Of course, the latter is very unlikely to happen. The latest kernel exploit only goes up to systems on 1.70 something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.