[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mariofags of /v/, your time of judgement has come. >First
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 30
Mariofags of /v/, your time of judgement has come.

>First mainline Mario you grew up with?
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
>Which 2D/3D Mario do you hate the most?
>Hopes for future Marios? Do you anticipate more 3D, New, Galaxy, or maybe even open world?
>>
>>320521413
Smb
Smb3, 64
Hope for 64/galaxy style, expect more trash
>>
SMB3
Smb3 and SM64
The 3DS game and 3D world
A full remake of Sm64.
>>
>>320521413
>Sunshine
>SMB3 & Sunshine
>NSMB2 & 3D Land

I just want to see something along the lines of 64 and Sunshine again.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros

I'd say SMB2 or 3 were my favorite for the longest time, and 64 for 3D.

Sunshine is bar none the worst Mario platformer game ever made.

More like 3D World would be nice, but really I'd just like if New Super Mario Bros would actually not be "reused assets: the game".
>>
>>320521413
SMB3 was my first game, and my favourite 2D with world close behind.
Fav mission-based 3D game is Galaxy, but 3D World does the whole "run to the end" perfectly in the 3D space.
I fucking hated NSMB2 and Galaxy 2 was a letdown after the greatness that was Galaxy 1
I want another mission-based 3D game. With a good hub.
>>
Smb/duck hunt combo
SMW/Galaxy
NSMB2/64

I just want to have fun playing Mario. They can do whatever the hell they want as long as it's fun

Also fix paper Mario damn it!
>>
>first mainline
played: SMW
owned: SM64

>favorite 2D and 3D
2D: world
3D: galaxy 2

>which 2D/3D do you hate the most?
2D: SMB3 because it's so overrated
3D: none really

>hopes for the future?
not sure, it's hard to follow up a mario game
>>
SMB, technically Deluxe.

SMW and either 64 or Galaxy 2.

NSMB 2, I like all the rest, yes even Sunshine.

A 3D Mario which is actually difficult outside of special worlds/challenges. More experimentation like Sunshine/Galaxy.
>>
Super Mario World

3 & none of them are special

All mario games are cool

A new weird game with focus in different mechanics and enemies made for these new conditions
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. & Super Mario 64
Don't know which one I'd hate. I never got to play Sunshine either and I've heard many people say that one was the worst. I liked all of them even SMB2J.
Yoshi in 3D, The SMB2 cast again, Turnip plucking in 3D. Wario maybe.
>>
>SMW
>SMW & SMG
>Lost Levels

I just want Mario to get creative again. More unique world themes, new mechanics and more interesting world structures. NSMB feels like it kind of sapped a bit of the creative spark that drove the series before.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario 64
World and Galaxy
There's none that I hate
Hoping for more 3D Marios that are closer to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy than the current "2D Mario but in 3D" that we're getting.
>>
>>320521413
NES SMB on a shit type bootleg console my parents bought for me at the flea market.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Any NSMB ( I don't hate them. There just not that fun)

New open world mario would be pretty bad assistance desu
>>
>>320521413
SMB
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMB3 and Galaxy 2
Sunshine
>Hopes for future Marios? Do you anticipate more 3D, New, Galaxy, or maybe even open world?
I'd like a new Galaxy style game or a non-NSMB 2D Mario.
>>
>>320522258
>Galaxy 2 was a letdown after the greatness that was Galaxy 1
How so? It's essentially in between the first Galaxy and 3D World in terms of how "2D Mario" it feels, plus it has tons more variety than the first one.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Brothers 1 (Nes)
Legend of the Seven Stars
Sticker Star
I want another Mario RPG. =/
>>
>>320521413
>>First mainline Mario you grew up with?
Super Mario Brothers
>>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario World and Super Mario Sunshine, respectively
>>Which 2D/3D Mario do you hate the most?
Super Mario World 2 and Super Mario 3D Land, respectively
>>Hopes for future Marios? Do you anticipate more 3D, New, Galaxy, or maybe even open world?
A return to the pseudo-open world design would be great, but I'm not anticipating it
>>
>>320521413
Galaxy
Original/NSMB
A new 64ish title. Open world seems odd for Mario, and I have no idea why people even bother suggesting it.
>>
SMB
SMW and SM64
Didn't care for NSMB2 and 3D land/world
Go back to 64 style gameplay
>>
>>320521413
please take this down. not trying to be rude, but if not i am reporting it for copyright
>>
>>320521413

Super Mario World (its the one i most remember playing first, but i grew up with all the 2D mario games, including Mario Paint)

Super Mario World for 2D
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for 3D (never got to finish it though)

can't really say i hate one but its probably New SMB.

honestly, don't play much mario anymore these days, played 3d world on my cousins Wii U before, it was pretty fun but im not sure where they could go with mario.

i guess i would like to see another Fludd type of mechanic that plays an integral part of the gameplay, like Luigi's Haunted Mansion.
>>
>>320521413
>SMB3
>SMB3 and Sunshine
>NSMB2, don't hate any 3D game
>proper paper mario, proper M&L
>>
>>320521413
SMW2 Yoshi's Island
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMW2 Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 3D Land
No hopes
>>
>>320521413
>Super Mario World on the GBA is the one I really remember but I played older stuff on my dad's GB when I was younger
>Never played a 3D Mario but Sunshine looks the most interesting to me. Mario World for best 2D.
>New Mario stuff feels overly gimmicky
>I'd like future Mario to take the era switching thing from Mario Maker and apply it to their levels. That would be a great feature. Generally improving the core gameplay would be nice. Less situational costumes and less 'stuff' in general. Simple but engaging.
>>
SMB1
Super Mario World/Super Mario 64
NSMBU/SMG2 (although SMG2 had the Grinders, Yoshi, and the Green Stars were SM64-esque, at least SM3DW wasn't a direct retread of SMG1)
None, really. If Nintendo doesn't want to advance the plot, they could at least unearth some lore, or put Rosalina on Mario World permanently. But I really don't expect anything good like that ever again, storywise. At this point, I'd just be thankful for SM64's explorative gameplay again. Sidenote: NSMB2's treetop and Rainbow Levels were fucking awesome.
>>
File: 3923899.jpg (903 KB, 2267x3200) Image search: [Google]
3923899.jpg
903 KB, 2267x3200
SML2
SMB3; SMG
NSMBW; SMS
Sprite-based massive 2D platformer
I anticipate more NSMB and overly goofy schlock like Cat Bowser
>>
>>320525227
>New Mario feels overly gimmicky
>so add more gimmicks to the games
You realize that 2D Mario games don't require powerups except for in a few special stages, right? That can't quite be said about 3D Marios before 3D Land and World, though.
>>
File: 64.jpg (18 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
64.jpg
18 KB, 300x215
SMB3

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMW and Galaxy
Galaxy is one of my favorite games of all time.

New Super Mario Bros U, but I don't really hate it. Just my least liked.

No hopes or predictions. Mario's fairly good as is, though.
>>
>>320525352
Holy shit, why are you playing Mario for the story and lore.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Super Mario 64.
Super Mario World for 2D, Super Mario 64 for 3D.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 2D, Super Mario 3D Land for 3D. Super Mario Sunshine has its moments, which cannot be said about Super Mario 3D Land.
>>Hopes for future Marios? Do you anticipate more 3D, New, Galaxy, or maybe even open world?
I want to believe that the New series will bring just that: new gameplay. I really want that to happen. Maybe it will with the release of the NX, who knows. I would also like a new Galaxy/Sunshine game that fixes some issues the other 3D games had, or a straight sequel to Super Mario 64.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros
SMW/Sunshine
NSMB/3D World
A 3D mario with a fucking hub world like 64/Sunshine again.
>>
File: 1432016613096.jpg (23 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
1432016613096.jpg
23 KB, 295x378
>>320521413
sunshine
smb3, smg
any *new* super mario bros
a good 3d game a la galaxy/sunshine/64
JESUS NINTENDO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER
>>
>>320525745
>I want to believe that the New series will bring just that: new gameplay. I really want that to happen.
NSMB already brings new gameplay, though. Wall jumping and the 'twist' jump have had a pretty strong effect on the level design, which is even more obvious with Mario Maker out.
>>
>>320521413
>Donkey Kong
>SMW and Sunshine
>None
>Sunshine 2 and then whatever anyone else wants
>>
>>320525696
I'm not - but I would like something to give me a point to playing the game instead of just DID YOU SEE HOW HIGH I JUMPED THROUGH THAT HOOP I JUMPED HIGH REAL HIGH GOLD STAR FROM THE TEACHER HIGH
>>
>>320525934
Wall jumping isn't entirely new to the franchise, as it has been seen in 64, Sunshine and the two Galaxy games. Sure, okay, it's possible to argue that the first game brought new stuff into the equation by introducing wall jumping in a 2D game, but it still feels like there's so much homogenisation going on with the platformers these days. Super Mario 3D World was refreshing and didn't control awfully like Super Mario 3D Land did, and although I stated I ideally wanted more Super Mario 64-esque gameplay, I would be fine with more Super Mario 3D World like material, if only the glaring mistakes from Super Mario 3D World got fixed.
>>
>>320526195
Why don't you play for the fun of overcoming obstacles and beating levels? That's how it used to be in the 2D games.
>>
>>320521413
SMB3
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMB3 and Galaxy
Every single Mario game after NSMB
>Hopes for future Marios?
No hopes. Mario is dead to me. R.I.P
>>
File: 1438196303694.png (37 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
1438196303694.png
37 KB, 300x298
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros DX.
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
World and Galaxy 2.
Lost Levels and Sunshine.
I loved both Galaxies and 3D World more than the other open sandboxes games. I hope for more linear goodness.
>>
File: thrillho.jpg (12 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
thrillho.jpg
12 KB, 400x295
SMW
SMW, 64
NSMB, SMG2

Stop phoning in shit and put some honest effort forward, Nintendo. Also stop simplifying environments -- try more realistic vistas with less perpendicular edges and rounded corners.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario World
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
2D: Super Mario Brothers 3
3D: Super Mario 64
2D: Super Mario Bros 2
3D: Super Mario Galaxy 2
(Note: I do not "hate" either, they are just my least favorites)
Hopefully something in the spirit of 64. Multiple maps with multiple objectives, little secrets, but still grounded on Earth.
>>
>>320526331
While I agree that the NSMB series is stagnant, I at least feel that NSMBW and NSMBU refined the original game and are superior in that regard. It's certainly been milked enough and I'm more than ready for Nintendo to move on to something new with 2D Mario, but I doubt it will happen.
>>
File: screenshot_26859.jpg (115 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_26859.jpg
115 KB, 768x768
>>320521413
Super mario bros for NES

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Mario 3 for 2d and a close match between 64 and Galaxy 1 for 3D. Probably Galaxy.

Don't really hate any. For least favorite. Original NSMB or NSMB 2 and i guess sunshine for 3d

I would just like to wowed again like when i was with 64 and Galaxy. Also. More creative new world themes for 2D mario games.
>>
Can we have a Mario game where World 2 isn't a desert? Please?
>>
>>320521413
>2D SMW, 3D Sunshine
>Probably more "New" Super Mario Bros shenanigans and nostalgia pandering.
>>
>>320521413
>WAAA HAAAA
>YAA HOOOO

>WOAHHHHHHOHOHHHAAAAAHHHH
>>
>>320526339
What?
Rescue the princess, stop Wart, rescue Daisy, rescue the princess on Bowser's turf, reclaim Mario's castle from Wario, explore Dinosaur Land and rescue the princess, etc.

There was always some other point of interest, a world to discover, an event, something.
>>
>>320527593
Yes, but it's not like they're particularly unique or exciting beyond 'save the princess' or 'stop the bad guy', which is exactly what Mario stories are like today. Besides, why would that be your main motivation for playing the game?
>>
>>320521413
SMB
SMB3 and 64 are my GOATS
SMB2 America was boring and nothing like Mario, never really hated any 3D Mario games.
I just want some more originality in level themes, so fucking tired of grass world, desert world, water world, ice world, etc.
>>
>>320527976
thats because mario 2 usa is actually based off of a japanese game called mario 2
>>
sunshine and smb1 on gba
smw and galaxy 2
nsmb2
there should be a game like nsmb but with wario and waluigi playable and with more story than peach being kidnapped
>>
>>320524438
being in between means it does neither thing as well as it could, yoshi added nothing, hub turned into tiny planet with a level select, and "fat luma" was incredibly boring
>>
>>320521413
>Super Mario World
>Super Mario World & sunshine
>Super mario bros 2 & none i love them all
>Sunshine 2/HD A good 2d mario that isn't "new" super mario bros
>>
>>320521413

SMB3/SMW
SMW and SM64
Galaxies. Complete waggling shit. Bring back the overworld with 10 stages formula. Quality>Quantity
SMRPG reboot, SMW in 3D
>>
>>320528586
What makes it good being in-between is that it has the cool gravity shit of the Galaxy series and the excellent level design of 3D World. Plus, by the nature of the Galaxy series the designers could create literally any kind of level they wanted without any sort of restrictions, which is why there is so much variety in Galaxy 2.
I can never understand why people are so in love with hub worlds in Mario. They just make going to the next level take more time.
>>
Mario 64
NSMB and Galaxy
NSMB2 and Sunshine
I'm hoping we get something closer to 64
>>
I'm a sonicfag but I'll contribute, aside from the first question since I didn't grow up on mario obviously

>SMB2/USA and 3D World
>couldn't say I really "hate" any of them but probably my least liked was 2/JP
>no particular hopes, fully expect more NSMB but I'm thinking they'll try something different next gen like they usually have
>>
SMB

Super Mario World & Super Mario Sunshine

New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 3D Land

3D World with more playable characters.
>>
>image uses in-game screenshots of mario up until the gamecube era
>starting then, they use promotional artwork

shit image, OP.
>>
>>320521413
>SMB1
>SMB3 & World
>None really
>Hope to see a new 3D Mario for NX/whatever they're gonna call it.
>>
Super Mario Sunshine
Respectively, Super Mario World and Super Mario Sunshine
Probably SMB2
I can't wait for Galaxy 3 or HOPEFULLY Sunshine 2. But Nintendo is dead in the water and everything they do is hated by everyone. At this point, one can only dream.
>>
>>320527787
It's not my main motivation.

The colorful fun of Mario PLUS the interesting, quirky, and fanciful (well, should be) world that you explore work in tandem to offer an experience that other games don't offer. It doesn't have to be radically different, just enough to be interesting.

Otherwise, you get Bowser turning into a human and then a T-Rex or Sonic '06.

Besides, I play Mega Man. Clearly, depth is not important. But progression is.
>>
File: 1448235287784.jpg (11 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1448235287784.jpg
11 KB, 250x236
>>320528973
Technically the first was SMB, but grew up with World and 64

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
World and Galaxy

NSMB 3DS, none

I would like something in the line of the Galaxy games.
>>
>>320521853
My nigga. Sunshine 2 would be godly.

Also unrelated pic of AW waifu.
>>
>>320529464
I understand where you're coming from in that regard since the level themes are largely homogenized in recent Mario titles, and I agree more variety would be appreciated. I still have a lot of fun in the recent titles, though, since the level design is still good.
>>
File: 1434972540820.jpg (12 KB, 255x193) Image search: [Google]
1434972540820.jpg
12 KB, 255x193
Who the fuck even responds to this Myspace-tier questionnaire threads? No one actually gives a shit to read your responses.

Fuck off.
>>
>>320521413
SMW
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMW and Galaxy 2
They're all good t b h
>Hopes for future Marios?
New 2D Mario that isn't the same shit as the last few years and maybe Galaxy 3.
>>
>>320529915
Go away frogposter.
>>
World
World/64
Galaxy 2
stop making it linear and full of purple coin padding
>>
>>320529814
Oh, I agree with all of that.

It's just hard for even an average Mario platform to be memorable.
>>
>>320530103
But anon, purple coin padding is way better than 100 coin padding.
>>
>>320530187

its the exact same thing, except 100 coin actually requires effort
>>
>>320530248
Ah yes, the effort of wandering around empty maps killing all of the simple and easy enemies under no time restrictions. Definitely more difficult and engaging.
>>
>>320530436

more difficult and engaging then "hey dumbfuck, heres a bunch of coins, go pick them up"
>>
>>320521413
Grew up with Super Mario Bros for NES.

Mario&Luigi Mario for 2D. Current Mario for 3D, his newest iteration is the sharpest and most expressive he's ever looked in 3D.

Mario 1 Mario is the worst for 2D. Even the original Mario Bros Mario is better. Mario 64 Mario is the worst for 3D. I love the game, but he looked like ass. Even when I was 10 years old, I remember being confused by the mess of polygons that were meant to represent the victory sign.

I hope the next Mario is like Mario 64, except grander. I like having a hub world to explore. And I like that you can explore the levels as well. Linear design is often good with Mario. But it would be refreshing to revisit a more open design to the levels. With a full Mushroom town for Mario to explore as a hub. Interaction with many NPCs, and going into various houses. I want more exploration.
>>
>>320521413
First I played was Super Mario Bros. for the GBC, but first I ever beat was SMB3 on the GBA.

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Favorite 2D game of the series still has SMB3. Favorite 3D is tough, but I'd say 64, followed by Sunshine.

I've never liked NSMB after the first one, so any of those. There aren't really any bad eggs amongst the 3D games, but I wasn't too fond of Galaxy 2.

I would like a new 3D bringing back Sunshine and 64 style and mechanics. New is way overdue, and Galaxy is still too fresh. My biggest wish however is that they dropped New and made a creative 2D Mario game that could truly live up to the original ones. Something properly stylized too, and not just generic plastic 3D models.
>>
>First mainline
The good old Super Mario Brothers.

>Fav 2D & 3D
SMW and Sunshine

>The worst
Can't really hate any of them, but new super mario bros wii was pretty boring.

>Hopes
More: Sunshine, Paper Mario, Super Mario World. Wouldn't mind another Galaxy either.
I just realized I've played shit ton of Mario games, even though I haven't bought a single nintendo game in past 6 years
>>
>>320530481
What makes purple coins work compared to 100 coins is that generally purple coin levels are layed out in such a way that you have to trace a path and complete obstacles quickly and effectively. This makes them more like mini-stages with a short time limit to keep you on your toes. While they're not particularly difficult, they're far less like padding than 100 coin stages that require practically no skill or effort to complete, just lots of time.
>>
File: 1445846896368.jpg (41 KB, 290x163) Image search: [Google]
1445846896368.jpg
41 KB, 290x163
>>320530815

right. Masterfully crafted level design like this
>>
>>320521413
Got NES with SMB/Duck Hunt in 1988.

SMB3, SM64, never played any other 3d one.

Why would I hate any of them?

Have not played a Mario game since N64. Feel like I'm missing out on Galaxy and such since they're so beloved. Would like to play NSMB games but don't ever plan to buy consoles or anything.

Is there a good NSMB game that I can emulate that doesn't require me to set up any virtual touchscreen shit or anything like that? I would like to play some Mario, Mario is good.
>>
File: 1419127043192.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1419127043192.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>320530923

oh, and this
>>
>>320530923
Those are literally bonus rooms. Optional content that gets you one ups. Not stages, not padding, just additional content.

>>320531027
This one is more engaging because you have to stay on a much more specific path than the stage would otherwise require. It's more like an enhanced version of the original stage, and certainly not padding.
>>
>>320529915
this
>>
File: 1434648370568.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
1434648370568.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>320531358

>more engaging because you follow a straight line and would have to literally TRY to miss anything or fall of the course
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros 2
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario Bros 3/Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros/Super Mario Sunshine (I guess, I don't really hate any of them)
I want gameplay like 3D World on a grander scale. 3D World felt like an HD 3D Land with more characters. I want alternate routes, secret exits, even crazier world themes, maybe a few more characters. I'm not playing Mario games for the plot but I do like some surprises and twists.
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario Bros 1 on NES
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMB3 and Galaxy 2
I don't hate any Mario game, they're all at the very least playable, but NSMB2 and Sunshine, which is still a really good game, just the worst of the 6 3D marios.
Galaxy games are my favorite, but given the direction the series has moved more and more into a 2D/3D merger, I'd love to see a return to Mario 64 style platforming where you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>320531578
You do realize that it is one of the gimmick stages that requires you to roll on a ball, balancing the wii remote upwards, correct? While forward motion isn't very difficult, when the track curves it can be tough to keep on the track. And not the entire course is a straight line either. Have you even played the game?
>>
File: 1444820032471.jpg (64 KB, 441x705) Image search: [Google]
1444820032471.jpg
64 KB, 441x705
>>320531870

>not enjoying Doki Doki mario
>>
File: Rest In Piece, Iwata.png (37 KB, 280x388) Image search: [Google]
Rest In Piece, Iwata.png
37 KB, 280x388
>>320521413
>SMW and M64 (World was owned first obviously, but I grew up with them both equally)
>SMW and Sunshine or Galaxy 2
>Wouldn't say I hate Lost Levels, but fuck is it hard; couldn't really decide on a worst 3D Mario
>Sunshine 2 would be GOTY, Galaxy 3 would be pretty good too, also hoping for a 3D World 2 because that game was fun as fuck
Alas, we'll just get more New! shit and no Sunshine or Galaxy sequels.
>>
>>320531921

yes, I have. And the only thing remotely difficult about the ball was keeping your momentum from going too fast.
>>
>>320521413
>At work at store that sell Amiibo
>Retro 8 bit style amiibos
>Sold out of the red/blue ones and only have red/brown
>"Do you have any of the other ones? This one does not even look like mario, he's the wrong color!"

Made me mad.

Also I started with Super Mario World because I never had a NES but I played all of the original on some device or another.

As far as I am concerned SMW is still the best game in the entire series, and they've just been struggling to match it since.
>>
>>320532067
Yes, and the track is built so that it is difficult do control your momentum because a significant portion of it is a downwards slope.
You understand how engagement that is brought about by the level design, correct?
You do realize that it is far more engaging to try to collect coins this way than to just walk around mostly empty plains, right?
>>
World

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
2D is World. 3D is 3D World.

Land 2 I guess. I like all the 3D ones but Galaxy 1 I guess. Still a solid 8.5 though.

Open world would be trash. I fucking loved 3D World but I could go for a 64 style game.
>>
>>320531019
>Is there a good NSMB game that I can emulate that doesn't require me to set up any virtual touchscreen shit or anything like that? I would like to play some Mario, Mario is good.

anyone help me out?
>>
File: 1432181500361.jpg (16 KB, 277x187) Image search: [Google]
1432181500361.jpg
16 KB, 277x187
>>320532295

I sure do
>>
>>320532438
I agree that this is shit, but that's because it takes more pages out of Mario 64 and Sunshine's playbook. Most of the red coin or 100 coin stages are like this.
>>
File: 1423658008255.jpg (16 KB, 277x188) Image search: [Google]
1423658008255.jpg
16 KB, 277x188
>>320532578

yep
>>
>>320532385
Just play the first one on a DS emulator. You don't need the touchscreen unless you want to delve into the minigames for whatever reason. You can also emulate the Wii one, even if it's not that good.
>>
>>320521413
SMB2 USA
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Yoshi's Island if that counts, if not then SMB3, and SMG
NSMB2, main game was terribly boring. Got the DLC preinstalled edition and over half of the extra courses there were bland
Another RPG-styled Mario Golf with nice new courses, World Tour was a good game but the new courses weren't as fun compared to the 64 ports. Also stop ruining Tennis
>>
>>320532694
This is literally the same thing. Easily the most flawed levels in the Galaxy games, but at least there are only a handful of them designed that way, especially in 2.
>>
>>320521413
SMB1
SMW and SMG
Can't say I hate any, SMB2 I hated when I was younger because I got cucked by Phanto too many times
No opinions on the future, I haven't played a new one since the Wii
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>320532702
>even if it's not that good
There's a well made mod of NSMBW, but people probably don't want to play it because it's unofficial
>>
Super Mario Bros.

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario Bros. 3. Sunshine only because of the camera.

Don't really hate any of the 2D games, but the NSMB games are lackluster. As for 3D, anything not Sunshine since I can't fully control the camera in them.

I have no hopes. I expect the same lackluster garbage from 2D games while the 3D games get all the good stuff despite not being very fun.
>>
>>320532702
Do I use DeSmuME? And the game you're talking about is just the first NSMB right? I'm terribly ignorant about nintendo stuff, sorry. I don't mean this as an insult to anyone at all, I promise, but I just completely stopped caring after N64 had nogames and I felt like they've targeted children almost entirely since then.
>>
SMB
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
SMW and Galaxy 2
SMB2 Jp/Lost worlds If that doesn't count I can't really get into the New Super Mario series outside of Luigi U, and Sunshine
Mario games are all about structured worlds that you move around in. Mario doesn't work as a open world. And honestly I LOVE 3D World and hope they continue with it.
>>
Smb1
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Mario World and and 64
All New mario bros games.
My hopes is for a TRUE 2D Mario game with actual 2d sprites and an actual art direction, like the Wii wario land game. That said I expect more new mario bros and 3d world like games.
>>
>>320521413
First SMB
Favorite World
Sunshine worst by far
Hope that future 3D Marios play like 3D World with more difficulty.
>>
Super Mario Bros. (with Duck Hunt) and Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best 2D game.
Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D game.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the worst 2D game and my least favourite (official :)) Mario platformer. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is the runner-up, but at least it has the challenge factor to it.
Super Mario 3D Land is the worst out of the 3D games, but all of them are good.
For 2D, I think that they will try something (at least moreso) new. I know it's an optimistic thought, but I think Nintendo realizes it's time to move on (plus NSMBU in Super Mario Maker).
For 3D, I hope for a game that follows in the footsteps of Super Mario 64, with parts of the other 3D Mario games as well. I want to feel that experience I felt when first playing Super Mario 64. I believe what we will get will be more linear, but I can always hope.
>>
>>320533236
Yeah, that's the emulator I use at least. Tweaking with the options can make 3D games on the DS look amazing, but that's another story. NSMB mostly uses sprites, anyways. But yeah, very first one on the DS.
>>
>>320521413
SMB
SMB3 and 64
New! SMB
Same as alot of people here, 64 HD
>>
I really like sunshine. I played 64 but Sunshine stuck with me for much longer than 64 did. The atmosphere was outstanding, it had memorable levels and the fludd mechanic adding a whole new dimension to the game was great. The throwback levels were a much needed respite from fludd when it felt overbearing at times.

I haven't played Galaxies, but I'm thinking of doing that soon to see how 3D mario has changed since Sunshine
>>
>>320521413
SM64
NSMB2. SM64
Galaxy and 3D World
A SM64 remake with a level editor
>>

I played all the NES games first. I was really young and played with my brother. The first one I have really fond memories of is Super Mario World. This is the first one I played through by myself.

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Favorite 2D is Super Mario World. I love the art style and music.

Favorite 3D is Super Mario 3D World. Played through this a few times in single player, and my girlfriend and I completed it together too. The co-op really helps me make this my favorite. As far as a single player experience exclusively I think that is probably Super Mario Sunshine.

Mario Land for Gameboy. I didn't really like the Gameboy games. They're good, but I don't think they nail the Mario feel. Still enjoy them though.
Least favorite 3D is Super Mario 64. Whenever I go back to platformer from the N64 Era it is always Banjo-Kazooie. I like SM64, but the rest of the series just built on it too well.

For 2D i would fucking kill to see DLC released to Super Mario Maker of official worlds. Not the levels they do now, but full fledged experiences. I would love to see more 3D. As mentioned above I really loved the co-op in SM3DW and would like to see that get expanded upon.
>>
>>320534949
>Mario Land for Gameboy. I didn't really like the Gameboy games. They're good, but I don't think they nail the Mario feel.
That's kind of why they moved to Wario. Even they saw the Land games as not really a Mario game but something slightly different.
>>
Super Mario All-Stars (the version without Super Mario World).

2D: New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
3D: Super Mario 64.

I don't "hate" any of the games, but Super Mario Sunshine is my least favourite of main series games.

Super Mario 64 2
>>
>>320521413
>first mainline Mario
Super Mario World
>fav. 2D & 3D mario
Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Galaxy
>which marios do I hate
Super Mario Land (2ez) and Super Mario 64
>the future of Marios
Less of that 3D Land/World level design of just platforms floating in a void and more "solid" level design if you know what I mean
>>
Why do people want another Super Mario 64 remake? The first game was great as it was, and the DS remake already expanded on what could be expanded on. I'm not saying I would be against it if it were to happen, but I don't quite see why Nintendo should bother.
>>
>>320537424
The DS remake suffers from shittier controls.
It was released too early.
Shouldve been a thing for the 3DS which would enable analog controls.
>>
Come to think of it the first Mario I owned and completed was Galaxy. I guess I played 64 and Sunshine at friend's.
World is shit
>>
Mario 3
Mario 3 and Mario 64
NSMB 2 and 3D Land
Probably another Galaxy type game
>>
>>320521413
>First Mario
New Super Mario DS
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario
Super Mario World & Mario Galaxy
>Most Hated Mario
I don't hate Sunshine but it's my least favorite
>Future Hopes
Galaxy 3, that is literally all I want
>>
File: haha.png (173 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
173 KB, 396x385
>>320538813
>SM64DS first launched over a decade ago
Wew, not sure how to feel about that. But pretty sure Nintendo didn't even have plans for a DS successor at that point in time, and while the controls are an inconvenience, I wouldn't expect them to release a remake of an already remade game just to fix that. Still, it's been long enough, and Nintendo likes clinging to the past. Maybe it could happen, after all.
>>
Do you guys think the red M on Mario's hat stands for Mario?
>>
>No Super Mario Bros 2 USA sprite
>Super Mario Bros sprite is of normal Mario, despite every other game showing Super Mario.
>Using the All-Stars Sprite to represent Super Mario Bros 3 instead the original sprite.
>From Super Mario Sunshine onwards it uses promotional renders instead of the in-game appearance.
What a terrible fucking image.
OP should kill himself along with whichever dumbass made that piece of shit.
>>
>SMB3 sprite is just outside nostalgia period for a lot of people
>we'll never get a 3D mario game with a throwback to SMB3 sprite as a gimmick
>>
>>320521679
>a full remake

what does that even mean?
>>
>>320542083
Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World had the Tanooki Suit. That's something.
>>
File: 1350353846868.jpg (50 KB, 384x494) Image search: [Google]
1350353846868.jpg
50 KB, 384x494
>>320521413

Super Mario Bros

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario Land 2 & Super Mario Sunshine

New Mario Bros & Hard to say, I loved them all

Where's my new Platformer that takes back on the days of collect-athons? Galaxy felt too linear despite being amazing
>>
>>320521413
>Sprites
>64 in-game model
>LOLNOPERENDERSFAM!
>>
>>320542898
He means keep the brooding, cold atmosphere of the N64 and just slap higher polygon models and effects all around.
>>
File: Jumpman.jpg (12 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
Jumpman.jpg
12 KB, 230x300
>>320521664
>64/galaxy style
That would be a perfect 3D mario game if it ditched the motion controls from galaxy
>>
>>320521413

>smb
>smb3
>nsmbu
>more open ended 3d mario games would be nice. Nintendo makes great 2d platformers, but im ready for 3d platforming again, not 2d or 2.5d.
>>
>>320521413
SMW
SMW and Galaxy
None in particular, but I would like that they added a hard mode or something similar
Reinvention/Evolution of the New series and/or Galaxy3 or more challenging 3D World 2 with more characters(Wario, Waluigi, etc.)
>>
Mario 64 was the first one I played, but I was 20 when it came out. I'd had a Saturn, a Mega Drive and a Master System before that.
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Mario 3
Sunshine
I would like a more challenging 3D World style game.
>>
SMB
SMW / SM3DWORLD
I dont hate them, but my least favorites are SML2 6GC and Galaxy 2
Hoping for the best
>>
>>320545680
hold the fucking phone, are you 40 years old?
>>
>>320545680
you're €?
nice
>>
>>320545868
>>320545957
I'm Australian
>>
>>320546175
which games you got for the saturn?
>>
Super Mario Bros
Mario 3/Super Mario 64
Super Mario 2/Galaxy

I hope some of the style from the Mario and Luigi RPG games makes its way to the 3D games. I expect more BAH BAH New Super Mario Bros and I'm not sure what to expect from the 3D series.
>>
>>320521413
>'96
>88' for 2d, 2002 for 3d
>don't really dislike any
>I want to see them go back to the gamecube's style more
>>
>>320521413
>Super Mario 64
>SMW and Galaxy 2
>SMB just for the age, SM64 because it didn't age well
I'd be open to a SM64 remake. Hopefully with better camera and controls. But I definitely want more shit like Galaxy. Not necessarily the theme, but the 3D Mario without the time bullshit.
>>
>>320521413
>super mario bros deluxe and mario world for GBA
>either mario world or YI; Galaxy or Galaxy 2
>pretty much every nsmb equally, except the first
>Sincerely hope for more games in the spirit of Galaxy. Even if they weren't perfect, they had a creative ambition that I truly think is what makes Nintendo games great in the first place
>>
>>320546381
Nights, Keio Flying Squadron, Shining the Holy Ark, Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter. Lots of Japanese games like Tactics Ogre and Cyber Doll.
>>
>>320548521
Radiant Silvergun? Maybe Burning Rangers?
>>
Super Mario All Stars (the + world edition)
World, Galaxy
I hate 3D World the most
I want to see a good 3D mario game like SM64, except with those secret passages to other levels (like the Metal Mario one that sent you back to the castle) found in every area
>>
>>320521413
>had SMB, SMB3, and SMW
>World and 3D World
>Sunshine/Mario Kart 64
>a mix of bigger like banjo nuts and bolts but with platforming handled better
>>
>>320548783
I have Burning Rangers, but not Radiant Silvergun. I've heard a lot of people talk it up, but I've never seen it around.
>>
>>320549456
it's a japan only rarity; but man it is good... i'm guilty of emulating it, but because it was practically unknown on my region, it got an hd release on the 360
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario 64
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario World and Super Mario 64
NSMB/NSMBW/NSMB2/NSMBU and... Super Mario 3D Land?
Anything that's ACTUALLY new, and not faux "new".
>>
>>320521413
Technically Mario 64 but I played Yoshi's Island way before it.
Mario 3 and Mario 64/Galaxy 1
I don't really hate any of the mainstay titles but my least favorite are Mario 1 and Sunshine.
I would love another Galaxy game before the Wii consoles die off for good as would I love another game in the vein of Mario 64 but I just wait to see what they decide to do with Mario next since they tend to make something neat of him at the very least.
>>
File: screenshot_26493.jpg (109 KB, 640x745) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_26493.jpg
109 KB, 640x745
>>
>>320521413
Why do these pictures always use small Mario from SMB1 and Super Mario from 3 and World? This seriously shits me. They're comparing the wrong sprites.
>>
>First
SMB
>Fave 2D/3D
SMB3/Galaxy
>Worst 2D/3D
SMB2/USA if it counts, otherwise NSMB2 because it feels like more of the same, Sunshine because it didn't feel as polished for it's time.
>Hope for future Marios
Anticipating something more grand then Galaxy in 3D. Also hoping they make a 2D game that's more innovative and with a different art style.
>>
>>320554084
Why don't you like SMB2?
>>
>>320521413
Super Mario 64
Favorite 2D Mario would be Super Mario World while 3D Mario would be Sunshine with 3D World right after
Hate Super Mario Bros 2 the most followed by Mario Galaxy 1.
My hope for Mario is that he appears in genuinely fun games.

I love more exploratorive style like 64, with the Sunshine momentum, with a freedom that Super Mario World had. But that's a dream that will never come true.
>>
>Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
>SMW, probably SM3DW
>just want more hub worlds and 6r/Sunshine/Galaxy style exploration
>>
>>320554482
With it's release order in the series and odd quirk that it plays neither like it's predecessor or it's sequel: It just doesn't feel like it belongs as a Mario game.
>>
>>320554880
Oh, forgot, hate all the NEW Mario games
>>
>>320554937
But didn't you complain about NSMB2 just being more of the same?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 253x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 253x238
>not talking about all Mario games
Who /hype/ for paper jam here?
>>
File: smw.jpg (16 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
smw.jpg
16 KB, 271x186
Super Mario Bros. 3
>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario World (although honestly, SMB3 is also pretty close, I'd say I like both about the same, maybe World a bit more) and Super Mario 64 with Galaxy close second, 3D Land was also fun, didn't play the others.
None.
I'd like to see another sprite-based 2D game, with SMW's physics instead of the NSMB series physics.
I want to be able to throw shells upwards again.
>>
>>320555147
Isn't that already out?
>>
>>320555491
Not out in America till January 22nd
>>
>>320556485
Oh, you guys got screwed again. Just like Wooly World.
>>
>>320556485
>Not out in America till January 22nd
NoA does it again.
>>
>>320521413
both SMB and SMB3
SMB3 and Galaxy 2
none really and 64 I guess
just give me more Mario and Luigi and I'll be happy
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 625x468
>SMB3
>SMW and Galaxy 1
>NSMB2 and Mario 64

I just want something that reinvents the formula again. I want to feel that same whoooa feeling as when first seeing Mario 64 and Galaxy.
>>
File: screenshot_26653.jpg (148 KB, 900x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_26653.jpg
148 KB, 900x768
>>
>>320556485
>>320556995
Adding memes to the script is hard work.
>>
Is it wrong if i think mario galaxy is actually really meh, and prefer the other marios more
>>
File: mariodrop.jpg (441 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
mariodrop.jpg
441 KB, 800x568
>>320521413

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt which came with my NES.

>Favorite 2D & 3D Mario?
Super Mario Land and Super Mario Galaxy.

Hate is a strong word. My least favorite is Lost Levels. Mostly because of Ninja Gaiden wind.

Mario is the one Nintendo IP that seems to be going in the right direction. There's a 2D and 3D version still going. And Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart yet. They just need to fix the RPG games and make a Luigi/Daisy focused platformer.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.