[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth $40?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Worth $40?
>>
>>320519432
For real or you tryin' to trick me?
>>
>>320519495
fo sho
>>
Fuck no.

its an insult to star wars games. Not buying it at all is a clear sign to Disney that EA is a mistake
>>
>>320519391
>EA
>Worth even $0
>>
>>320519391
Unless you want some mindless video game to run around and shoot people I suggest staying away from it. Here are some things wrong with it.

>Vehicle pick ups
>Hero pick ups
>Not being able to choose what vehicle at all.
>Rifle that pierces shields and in most cases can one shot you.
>Shield pick ups.
>Snow blindness far too dominate in certain locations
>Barely any meaningful customization to fight different scenarios.
>Spawn wave locations

Some good things
>Lasers look cool
>Interior battles are enjoyable
>decent hit reg.
>>
>>320520078
There's a lock on gun too if I recall correctly.

To add ways to die randomly.

What a shit game, its like DICE thought copying titanfall's lack of content and dumb weapons was a good idea
>>
File: 1358740615013.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1358740615013.png
7 KB, 400x400
It's going to go the Titanfall route and be dead in a year
Pick it up next Christmas for $10
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-14-52-20.png (233 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-14-52-20.png
233 KB, 1440x2560
>>320519391
Its fun if you like arcade style shooters. I've got my moneys worth and can still find games easy enough on PC. That said.... matchmaking is retarded and will lead to you being placed on many shit teams because those will be the ones with more openings, and good teams basicaly stay stacked until luck replaces enough shitters with decent players or good players move on to other things on the winning teams.
>>
>buy Batman Arkham Knight since it was on sale for $25
>get it on the mail, open package
>see two games instead of one
>it's Batham and Star Wars Battlefront
I got for free and I still got bored a few days later.
>>
>>320522135
I haven't seen anyone who actually likes it. They all say they got bored of it within a few hours/days, and people are only still playing it because it's a shiny new thing and
>muh star wars
>>
>>320519391
If you like star wars, yes
>>
worth $150, bro.
>>
>>320522356
If you like being bored and dying over and over again in a few places of the star wars universe
>>
>>320520706
The price will certainly drop, but will it be worth the 10 to play an unfinished AND dead game?
>>
>>320522767
when it drops to that price range it weill be revived again enough to enjoy it with people that waited for the drop.
>>
>>320522767
There will still be some people playing, I can still find a server quickly on Titanfall
Plus more people will buy it for cheaper, and if they go the Titanfall route of giving away all the dlc for free then you'll get more content
>>
File: Untitled.png (320 KB, 611x729) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
320 KB, 611x729
>>320521819
ples
>>
20$ at the most
>>
not OP but is it worth $20? It's on sale at FUCKING GAMESTOP for $40 and I have a $20 gift card for it too.
>>
>>320519391
Worth $5?
>>
>5 maps

No
>>
>>320519391
nope. EA fucks everyone over. For a Decade. The End. You think you'll pay $40 for this? Nope. Prepare to have roughly 4 maps, and then pay an extra $60 or more for DLC.

Just go play the real BattleFront 2 or something, I hear it's got better things going for it on a private server.
>>
>>320523048
Im absolute dog shit in the big modes unless I get a god mode token and am too much of a ptfo player. If I only had cargo on my record Id be closer to that KD though not much better on w/l due to the team garbage. Doesn't help either that I'm using a controller on pc I'm sure.

You only play blast or rebels in WA im guessing though.
>>
>>320523192
That's still 40$ so no
>>
I would say it boils down to are you a star wars fan and how much is a dollar really worth to you?

I am a star wars fan and $60 doesnt mean much to me.

So its fun even if lacking depth
>>
Often times I wonder where /v/'s cynicism comes from. Then I look at how companies like EA will just hop on bandwagons of styles of shooters and create half a game based on it. Truly, the animosity is justified. Can any of you honestly say you expect them to fill the gaps in this game?
Hell, I don't think there's a single game that was released unfinished that became complete after a while. The double edged sword with updating and balancing games is while you have add ons, updates, and dlc, you also really never have the feeling that the game is finished in the first place. Despite this, you can be able to tell when a game has released enough to warrant the base game being considered a full game on its own. Skull girls is a complete game with add ons. Destiny had enough to be considered a whole game despite shooting themselves in the foot with thier dlc. This game however does not.
>>
>>320523360
>You only play blast or rebels in WA im guessing though.

Mostly Supremacy and now Turning Point. I like the big modes, more things to kill.

Walker assault every now and then but I don't like it too much, blast sure sometimes and cargo but Supremacy and Turning point are my favourites

Bounty hunter perk is really something.

If you are EU player you might have seen me playing

Powdered Toastman
>>
>>320523458
>$60 for 2 hours of star wars fun before you get bored with it and leave it on the shelf forever
Yep, seems like a solid investment
>>
Dunkey's video sums it up quite well.
>>
>>320519391
wait until it's $20 6 months from now
>>
>>320523458
if you're a SW fan you would not buy it.

If you're a corporate chump and a little bitch, only liking SW because you're told to, then you do.
>>
>>320523720
what does he say?
>>
>>320523708

I have 20 hours sunk into this thing

at $3 an hour i definitely got my return on investment.

>>320523795

Get off your high horse Luke, Star Wars has always been about making money and commercialization. Those shades from your childhood are tinted.
>>
>>320523645
I'm suprised by that w/l then. Both those modes have some rigged ass spawns usually, and getting that last point on turning point is a mess as the rebels the few times I've tried with that 150m jog. Haven't run into ya yet though since I'm in the US... only country I seem to run into often that isn't US is hues.
>>
>>320524018
https://youtu.be/U49VvGYZr98
Just watch it.
>>
>>320524107
>Star Wars has always been about making money and commercialization

So? There were also some damn good products wearing the name star wars. A person with some semblance of critical thinking capacity would be able to choose what to take in. Skip the Luuuke while enjoying the Thwarn.

And DICE's battlefront is Luuuke grade shit.
>>
>>320524294
I'm quite surprised by my W/L ratio as well. It feels as tough I lose every other or every third match but apparently no.

Also it helps now after the patch that you always play one round empire one round rebel.

>Both those modes have some rigged ass spawns usually

This is some serious bullshit I agree, there is nothing more frustrating than the game pushing back your spawn when you are supposed to defend a control point.

I would only like a conquest game mode.

Supremacy is such crap when you have to defend and attack at the same time, and the moments when both teams are capturing and most of your team is on enemy CP and then the enemy captures your point and voala most of your team is now very VERY far away form the point you are supposed to defend next and you can't do anything on CP that can no longer be captured.
>>
>>320519391
sorry, you mean 110 bucks?
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>320519548
This, basically, but there's barely any discussion in this thread on why, so here:

>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.