[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was SoC the only one to get stashes right? and why was hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: stalker_wp_01_1024.jpg (304 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stalker_wp_01_1024.jpg
304 KB, 1024x768
why was SoC the only one to get stashes right? and why was hunting them such a great addition to the gameplay?
>>
>>320514870
CoP had preplaced stashes that were much better. In SoC they only generated omce you looted a body which meant exploration was worthless for the most part.
>>
>>320514978
agreed, I would find an empty stash, kill a guy and find the information for the stash on him and the stash was magically filled with items
>>
>>320514978
CoP's system is otherwise fine, but makes the already easy game a total joke on later playthroughs; you can just run through the Zaton's best stashes within few minutes, and be totally OP for the first few hour, without spending a dime.
>>
>>320514978
that is true, but you got so few markers through the game and it didn't feel like a good quest reward. when looking for them yourself you also didn't get the little story. Those stories helped the zone come alive
>>
>>320515205
CoP starts you off with an AK so it never really had hobo mode in the first place.
>>
the world was plundered already and it's a little hard to believe that it's still full of random resources, like post-FO3 universe

that said, I don't think STALKER's stash system was handled that greatly. In that sense, Bethesda has a better sense of how to reward the player for going out of their way to find shit
>>
>>320515446
true. And the bandits are neutral towards you by default.

Overall, CoP's underwhelmingly easy and calm.

>>320515516
STALKER's world is all fine though. It's just the tiny Zone where the freaky shit's happening, and every stash was created fairly recently by another Stalker.
>>
>>320515516
Shame the weapon variety is so low in Fallout 4 because the exploration aspect is pretty fun.
>>
>>320515516
but the purpose of stashes wasn't to reward you for wanton exploration, it was a way for the game to create small, interesting scenes all throughout the map without having to flesh anything major out. all it takes is a pda message and a stash and you can get a sense of something having happened in a place. Their purpose isn't to give you sekrit loot, it's to let you understand what it's like in the zone while having fun
>>
>>320515838
while I get that and I certainly can respect that, the truth is still that finding a stash is like consistently opening up dissapointing christmas presents

sometimes it's okay to reward the player with a little extra like a rare weapon or gear, or whatever the fuck instead of just ammo, bandages and sausages. I'm not saying that they should go crazy about it, but a little more would be appreciated
>>
>>320516343
it did happen but it wasn't that common. the biggest example would be Fang's stash, giving you the best armor in the game. another is the one in the elevator shaft in.. is it X-16? where you get the silenced shorter ranged sniper, I forget the name. I found a fantastic handgun once.. There was a pretty good balance in SoC for this stuff.
>>
>>320516697
and the special healing Berill armor. and just generally finding full condition weapons
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.