[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
going to start this game soon, what do i need to know? yes i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
going to start this game soon, what do i need to know?

yes i already know the game repeat itself
yes someone has already spoiled me that
>>
The most important thing to know is that the game is well over 50 hours long and that the part where you repeat the same segment 3 or 4 times is MAYBE 3 hours of that.

It is just a case of morons sensationalizing and overreacting to everything and memers who haven't even played the game, along with people who are so weak willed that they let their opinion be influenced by shitposters on an anonymous imageboard parroting the same stupid crap over and over and over again.

Anyway, enjoy it. Great, fun gameplay, a fantastic class system (which you can use to break the game if you would like), some fun, cute characters and an amazing OST.
>>
to be honest i don't usualy like class system because it usualy involve some amount of grinding or jobs power level completly out of whack, how's the situation in this one?
>>
if you like classic (with all the occasional archaic design that comes along with that title) then you will probably like it

not a particularly strong story and the combat got tedious for me after a while but I don't have a lot of patience
>>
>>320501454

I generally dislike grinding in JRPGs but I found doing it in Bravely Default incredibly enjoyable.
>>
File: 1449770763690.jpg (91 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
1449770763690.jpg
91 KB, 600x881
>>320501584
It is an homage to the classics for sure but it also plays on and makes fun of some of the classic tropes as well.

For instance
>White mage girl is an evil slut instead of a cute pure girl
>Monk is a huge musclebound moron instead of being wise/stoic
>Red Mage is a creepy middle aged guy who hits on younger girls instead of being handsome and charming in a normal way.
Stuff like that.

>>320501593
Grinding was easy as fuck if you knew what to do, and the reward you got from it versus the work you put in was nice.
>>
File: 1448139317577.jpg (2 MB, 1880x2080) Image search: [Google]
1448139317577.jpg
2 MB, 1880x2080
>>320502463
Edea is a blessing.
>>
File: 1432493508289.jpg (96 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1432493508289.jpg
96 KB, 500x625
>>320502463
>>320502589

>Being an Edeafag
>>
File: 1398965206844.jpg (94 KB, 544x479) Image search: [Google]
1398965206844.jpg
94 KB, 544x479
>>320501093
>fantastic class system
>jobs only have a small handful of abilities each
>30% are literally completely worthless
>the other 40% are only used for support abilities, or are outclassed later in the game
>fantastic
job system sucks senpai
>>
>>320503734
Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. All of the jobs were fun and had something to offer. Maxing them all out was worth it, and by having a main job, a secondary job, and then the ability to add on 4 or 5 abilities from other classes that you got by leveling them up made for a lot of great combinations and variations.
>>
>>320504191
>All of the jobs were fun and had something to offer
yea except for the jobs that were useless, like knight, thief, summoner, merchant for most of the game, black mage, ranger and conjurer. then there's the ones that are useless as a main job which would be red mage, time mage, and spell fencer. but yea other than that, all of them were fun
>>
File: 2014-06-16-655621.jpg (102 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-16-655621.jpg
102 KB, 600x600
>>320502463
Yeah let's just post Edea
>>
>>320500075
D stands for Dark Knight.
>>
>>320504923
The Spell Fencer is worth leveling up though. Combined with some other class like Ranger, Valkyrie, or Dark Knight, it can do more damage than Black Mage class.
>>
>>320504923
Summoner had great summons, even if they weren't super useful they were very cool.

Spell fencer was a fantastic secondary job.

Knight, black mage, ranger, red mage, time mage and conjurer all had worthwhile/important abilities that you needed to supplement the better jobs.
>>
>>320505957
>weren't super useful
aka completely useless, since they did shit damage and cost a billion MP. also summoner had crap support abilities

>Knight, black mage, ranger, red mage, time mage and conjurer all had worthwhile/important abilities that you needed to supplement the better jobs.
so why the fuck didn't they just put those abilities on the jobs that needed them? also knight didn't have useful anything other than two-handed which didn't require any investment. ranger didn't have shit either except precision for some crappy ninja builds
>>
>>320500075
Airy lies.
>>
>>320504923
I used all of those except for Knight for quite a bit, not sure what the fuck you're going on about considering all that leaves you with is shit like Swordmaster, Valkyrie and a handful of other Asterisk jobs to even choose from.

God Speed Strike was good for bosses too, did you just min-max the entire game or something?
>>
>>320506984
once you finish the game you realize that most of the jobs serve no purpose other than to ferry you to the next job that's <5 hours away. no one uses thief after getting ranger. no one uses ranger after getting ninja/pirate/swordsmaster. no one uses black mage after getting arcanist. no one uses knight after getting valkyrie. no one uses merchant or performer when you get them, and no one uses salve-maker without maxing out norende village

i don't particularly care but don't defend a shitty system with zero depth
>>
>>320500075
if you set encounter rate to 0% the loops aren't that bad

physical is way better than magic
>>
File: 1252.jpg (315 KB, 1221x901) Image search: [Google]
1252.jpg
315 KB, 1221x901
>>320505957
I literally had a summoner in my party just for the costume
>>
>>320507391
>once you finish the game
Then what the fuck was I using throughout the game? If something is outclassed later on how does that somehow invalidate it's usefulness in an earlier part of the game? I used Thief when I had ranger, I used it up until and even after the Fire Crystal.
>>
>>320500075
is there any way to play this if i don't have a 3ds?
>>
>>320508051
Steal it and a 3DS or wait 10 years and hope for a 3DS emulator.
>>
>>320507924
>I used Thief when I had ranger
Then you're a retard, because ranger flat out does more damage at that point in the game. Why keep the old jobs then if the new ones are flat upgrades? How is that a good class system?
>>
>>320508320
Because I wanted to you nigger. If Theif could still carry me I'd have no need to change to Ranger, hell I used both even at one point while maxing them out.
>>
>>320508051

Yes.
buy a 2ds
>>
>>320507391
>no one uses performers

What.
>>
>>320508557
ah thanks

I'd forgotten they even existed
>>
>>320507391
How exactly does it have no depth you stupid fuck? How does the fact that some jobs are better than others eliminate depth? It had plenty of depth. A primary job, a secondary job, and then like 4 abilities from other jobs that you get by leveling up those jobs too. There was plenty.
>>
>>320508760
a primary job, a bunch of jobs that were useless outside of support abilities, and a bunch of jobs that were useless in general. yea what a great system. might as well just put the good support abilities on the good job and get rid of all the pointless fluff
>>
how to auto battle almost every boss except the last asterisk challenge:
everyone knight with
dual shield
absorb phys
absorb magic
default guard
that one ability that randomly halves damage

as secondary give salve maker, white mage, spiritmaster and vampire/timemage
just spam shield rush and heal when low on health
>>
>>320501093

You are so full of shit. It's only 3 hours if you forego killing all the bosses each time. The game is downright pointless to play if you are gonna skip half of it.
>>
>>320509434
What in the world are you talking about?
>>
>>320501093
>the game is well over 50 hours long
uh, what? try 30, maybe 40 if you do all the boss rush shit
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.