[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disappointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 25
Which was the biggest disappointment for you?

Spore is a common choice, and rightfully so.

For me it was Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>320494969
Either that or Dragon Age 2.

Fucking Bioware, man.
>>
Mass Effect 3 wasnt really a dissapointment.

Just the sad realization that Bioware/EA learned all the wrong lessons of what their audience wanted between ME2 and ME1 and that ME3 was the natural progression of those lessons.
>>
Half-Life 2. I wanted a Half-Life game, but ended up saving a bunch of Americans from a bad guy in a tower.
>>
fallout new vegas. I hated fallout 3 and was like "well maybe obsidian will make it good" but it wasn't really
>>
Arkham Origins.

Arkham Asylum was almost lightning in a bottle good and City demonstrated that Rocksteady understood PRECISELY what made the game great and was able to deliver on it in a more and bigger fashion.

Which only made Origins taste that much more bitter.

"Me too" multiplayer.
Open ended predator sections you MUST play like WE want in order to max out your Predator objectives.
A predator mode that is literally impossible to complete.
Game breaking bugs no QA would have let pass.
And worse, they'd rather dick around with season pass bullshit than fix those glaring issues.
>>
>>320494969
The multiplayer was suprisingly fun.
>>
>>320494969

Probably BioShock. System Shock II was casualised enough, but it was still good. Fuck Ken Levine, fuck this gay Earth that allows him to inhabit it.
>>
>>320495846

>the same horde mode bullshit that SINGLE HANDEDLY HAMSTRUNG THE CAMPAIGN N7 MISSIONS was fun

I wish I could knit you a thong made out of razor wire and kick you in the taint.
>>
Any Halo after 3.
>>
File: 1449938798835.jpg (63 KB, 476x492) Image search: [Google]
1449938798835.jpg
63 KB, 476x492
>>320495982
Thanks.
>>
>>320496007

>Reach
>ODST

Next time just say Halo 4.

Halo 4 was dissapointing.
>>
File: 1391927599218.png (168 KB, 709x321) Image search: [Google]
1391927599218.png
168 KB, 709x321
>>320494969
MGSV
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 96x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 96x125
>>320495430
>ME3 wasnt a disappointment

you're right. it was a slap in the face
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445876786059.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445876786059.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
>>320495218
>>320496007
Reach was decent

>mfw power locking as a warthog was about to run you down and getting a triple kill
>>
File: 1278194531524.jpg (864 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1278194531524.jpg
864 KB, 1920x1080
FFXIV was an unmitigated disaster as a FFXI fan, both 1.0 and ARR. I had to much hope for a new age SE MMO to lead the way that I even bought the giant CE of the game and now it just gathers dust.

I'm convinced anyone who actively enjoys it never played FFXI or lacked the ability to appreciate it when it was relevant. Shit even in the state XI is in now it's still more playable and it gets monthly updates.
>>
GTA V
Nothing comes close, all those incredible looking trailers and the game is just shit.
>>
>>320494969
Gothic 3.
That game was literally unplayable until patches came out.
>>
>>320496164

>Citadel: DLC
>literally a "drunkfic" level fanfiction
>all those "lol garrus said calibrations" self referential humor
>"my interactions in complex inter planetary diplomacy may not have meant shit for dick in the game but at least I get to spend more time with my waifu"tier
>>
>>320494969

GtaV, the biggest hype for any game ever and its just bland singleplayer game

Watch Dogs what a stupid name and a shitty game, ill never buy a game from Jewsoft Montreal

Asscreed Unity - edgy and buggy

Fallout 4 - Fallout by Bethesda

Nearly every game from Nitendo

MGSV - HAAAAA
>>
>>320496507
Looks like you have a strong history of believing the hype.

This condition is known as being a retard.
>>
Metal Gear Solid V.

Ground Zeroes manages to be a better game in one mission than all of TPP was.
>>
>>320496007
>Halo 4 and 5

FTFY
>>
>>320494969

Diablo 3.

I will never preorder again.
>>
>>320494969
ass creed 3.

>2 was great.
>brotherhood and revelations had potential, but it was clear they were filler until 3
>3 is mediocre at everything

feelsbadman
>>
>>320496605
No i actually enjoyed gtav,mgsv and fallout 4 but still a disappointment faggot
>>
Got a few
Battlefield 3 - Just fucking horrible, none of the fun of BC2, none of the depth of BF2
Hitman Absolution - Fooled myself into thinking it would be good, doesn't even feel like a Hitman game
GTA V - Obvious reasons. Probably the most hyped up game of all time and even just considered as a sandbox game it's poor
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk

Spore was such a letdown it made Robin Williams kill himself.
>>
File: 1322819265960.jpg (379 KB, 1600x1126) Image search: [Google]
1322819265960.jpg
379 KB, 1600x1126
#1 - Final Fantasy 14
#2 - Bioware in general ruining ME and DA
#3 - Square dumping Xenogears as a series
#4 - Project Offset getting canned
#5 - The slow death of the JRPG genre as a whole

Basically this >>320496303
>>
MGSV is the most disappointment I've felt from a video game hands down.
>>
>>320496669
GZ also manages to have more content in a map thats like 1/20 the size of TPP's
>>
>>320495982
ME3's multiplayer was fantastic. Don't give a shit about it being shoehorned into the campaign as the entire thing was trash anyway, but as a mode unto itself it's the best horde mode ever created, bar none.

And they supported it with free content and weekly balance changes for an entire year, releasing five free expansions that added 13 new maps, a new enemy faction, 41 new characters, 19 new weapons and a whole bunch of other shit, like new enemies for existing factions and equipment.

They deserve all the shit they get for the campaign, but the multiplayer was glorious. Still play it to this day.
>>
If you were disappointed in 3 and not 2, you're a filthy casual.
>>
>>320494969
The Last of Us. I will probably get some people saying I'm just following what /v/ says, but I'll get real. I followed it from when it was first revealed, and i didn't have a PS3, just a 360. It sounded great. Each reveal seemed to be even better, talking to us about this great A.I. and how stealth was so important. I followed every bit of news of its development cycle, and a couple of months before it came out, i bought a cheap PS3, and sat patiently. The day it came out, i bought it, and popped it in. It started off promising, although i didn't think the opening was the emotional tidal wave i had been told about. I played it for 10 more hours, and nothing about it was that great. The A.I. was bog standard, and the stealth was dreadful. I dropped it then, about a month after it came out, and i will never pick it back up. It made me wary of getting carelessly hyped for video games.
>>
>>320496715
but then 4 came along and was the best in the franchise
>>
File: twewy820.jpg (31 KB, 530x275) Image search: [Google]
twewy820.jpg
31 KB, 530x275
The biggest video game disappointment I've ever had wasn't actually a game itself.
>>
>>320494969
Dragon Age 2 was the biggest disappointment for me.

I was never really disappointed with Mass Effect 3, ending aside, because I always saw ME games as shooters with RPG elemens instead of full-blown RPGs.
>>
>>320496672
>defending Reach
added CoD abilities and worst of all had the absolute worst campaign in the whole series.

that includes 4 and 5.
>>
Colonial Marines. Fuck Gearbox and most importantly, fuck that hack Pitchford. I've never bought any of his games and I never will.
>>
File: smt strange journey protag.png (74 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
smt strange journey protag.png
74 KB, 480x640
SMT IV
MGS V
>>
>>320494969
ME3 was a very good game. It just did not deliver on what was promised. Disappointment/disappointing is definitely a fair way to assess it. I too was disappointed. People tend to call it a bad game, but it is far from it. I prefer ME1 and ME3 brought back somethings that were removed in ME2 and that's cool in my book.
>>
File: 1450331494141.gif (273 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1450331494141.gif
273 KB, 500x282
>>320497671
dont remind me
>>
>>320497553
I agree with you. I hated most everything about that game especially using vitamins to enhance your sonar. I don't know why the upgrade and enchantment system bothered me so much but it really ruined the game for me.
>>
>Neverwinter Nights
The vanilla campaign is pure dogshit and easily the worst thing Bioware has ever done.

>Oblivion
Less stuff than Morrowind but with instant travel and a quest arrow to make the world even smaller.
>>
File: Rage_cover.jpg (93 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
Rage_cover.jpg
93 KB, 300x370
rage was an unimaginably boring piece of shit. seven years down the toilet
>>
Fallout 3. Been craving a good CRPG for like 10 years at that point. Got a few more good ones now though so i'm not as salty, but back then i was fucking mad.
>>
>>320494969

I'm going to be that guy and say Fallout 4.

New Vegas is my most favourite game in the franchise amd I haven't had so much fun playing RPG game since Kotors one and two.

F4 was my first preorder ever, simply because I wanted to dive in as soon as possible, ignoring my principles and it came back later biting me in my posterior.

gg no re
>>
ME3 was bad enough to the point where it made me never want to touch the previous ME games ever again.

I really loved finishing ME1. I felt so amped for the next installment. When I played ME2 I knew some people complained about it being a more mainstream AAA title and they were right but it was still enjoyable, just different. Hell, the DLC for ME2 I would say is better than all of ME1. ME3 was okay until the 2nd half roughly and then the bottom started to fall out. Then I just felt like everything that happened in the previous two games meant literally nothing and I was so fucking dejected.

A close runner up would be Dark Souls 2. It felt so half-hearted. Like they literally tried to copy and paste the previous formula without adding any passion or love for the game. What a waste of everyones time, both costumers & developers.
>>
>>320496303
arr is actually the first mmo i've ever been able to get into and i still really like it. i tried playing wow before any of the expansions came out and thought it was really boring. well that's all i have to say cya
>>
>>320494969
spore honestly
i mean i didnt find out about the hype until after ea abandoned it but fuck that's such a letdown
>>
>>320498101

>brought back things removed in 1

Like what?

Weapon mods?

That's literally it.
>>
>>320497471

>multiplayer was fantastic

I dont get it.

You wrote a lot, so I think you expected people to take your opinion seriously andread it, but then you started it with those words...

It's like you didnt want anyone to take you seriously at all.
>>
>>320498574
Still more than ME2.
>>
>>320498738

Not him, but honestly I thought it was fun for what it was.

Still no reason for it to exist, but it was enjoyable, and you even got to play as other races besides human.
>>
maybe not as big as they come but Zelda TP was the game that made me realize how stale the Zelda formula is
>>
>>320494969
For me funny enough Spore and Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>320498971

In exchange for those N7 missions though...

But they kept planet scanning, ammo as a power, and removed vehicles entirely.
>>
File: AC3.png (960 KB, 985x1331) Image search: [Google]
AC3.png
960 KB, 985x1331
>>320494969
Easily AC3 for me. I loved the series up until that point, flaws and all, and I had no idea they would fuck it up so badly. I'm not even going to list all of the things wrong with it, it was just a buggy, boring, stupidly-designed piece of shit.

The only good thing is this was the game that forced me to stop pre-ordering and build a PC.
>>
>>320499005

>fun for what it was

A waste of developer resources that wothout a doubt detracted from the single player potential of the game.

People said "it's made by a different studio, it's not going to affect the single player" as if the money for it came iut of thin air.
>>
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.
Never before have i been so dissapointed until that game crossed my path. I did everything i could to avoid what the game was or is just so it can feel like a genuine surprise to me (regrettably). The bear and bird lives on but not in this gen of consoles.
>>
>>320499281
Yeah, I'll take N7 missions over fucking planet scanning. Fuck planet scanning. Also, vehicles did nothing but annoy me. They were a vector by which got to combat.
>>
>>320499537

>vehicles annoyed me

Get AIDs.
>>
>>320499335
WHERES CHARLES LEE
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
>Linear world progression, no reason to go back to early areas once you've beat them
>Boring world, nothing to do
>No interesting quests
>Fable 1 was good, if disappointing, this wasn't even fun
>awful online play

So upsetting after i sperged out about the first one.

Runner up: The Witcher 2
>>
>>320499676
OH MAN, VEHICLES ADDED SUCH DEPTH AND NUANCE TO GAMEPLAY!
>>
>>320499716
Somewhere at the end of 14 chase sequences, apparently.
>>
>>320494969
diablo 3 and starbound
>>
>willingly and knowingly buy a game made by sjw literal faggots
Uh, why would you not expect to be disappointed? and why would you play such a creation made by degenerates if not for just curiosity or informing one self at what shit they create
>>
>>320494969

But ME3, overall, isn't the worst in the series. The game was pretty damn good until you got to the last fifteen minutes of it. And the multiplayer was pretty neat. Horde mode with a plethora of classes spanning many races that got free updates like new classes, new enemies, and new maps.

It's just that last fifteen minutes of the single player is AWFUL. For Mass Effect as a series I'd say that 1 is better than 3 and 2 is the worst.
>>
>>320499897

Compared to "OH BOY, WHAT'S AT THE END OF THIS NARROW CORRIDOR IVE BEEN SHOOTING."

I cant believe it's not Gears of War.
>>
>>320499990

I didn't buy ME3, it was still a disappointment.
If you willingly by a game that against better judgement will be shit, then you deserve it.
>>
>>320494969
Let's think.

AoE 3 was disappointing
Settlers 5 was so massive disappointment I've dropped the series
I was sure that there could be no biggest disappointment than Civ 5...
... but then Beyond Earth happend and I literally have no words to describe it.

Ass Creed, the first one, was massive disappointment for me, so I never even bothered with the rest of the series.

Fallout 3 crushed my dreams we will ever have a decent Fallout game. NV only solidify that stance.

Tomb Raider Anniversary managed to shit on perfect game simply by recreating every single bit of it without understanding what made it so great in the first place.

Far Cry 4, for being Far Cry 3 with shitty protag, shitty "plot", shitty map (yes, let's place the game in the mountains and waste ages to get from point A to B) and shitty magic mambo-jumbo that didn't fit the game at all. It takes a lot to make every single damn character unlikable.
>>
>>320500140

When will this meme die.

2 is better than 1, it's not even debatable.
>>
>>320499853
But Witcher 1 was dog shit too.
>>
>>320500248
I respectfully disagree, but respect your right to have a different opinion.
>>
>>320500154
What you're telling me is that you preferred the Mako over the rest of ME1. You're fucking stupid.
>>
Out of all truly disappointing, tasteless, bland and unimaginative games under AAA label, there are two contenders for the top spot:
Max Payne 3
Thi4f
And I just can't decide myself which one is worse piece of shit
>>
Metal Gear Solid 5

The story was so nonexistent, the gameplay was so nothing, the overworlds were just levels from FPSs. And after all that, it turns out the game is just one big retcon of a 28 year old game. I am still pissed.
>>
>>320500154
Fucking this. I got done playing ME2 for the first time ever last week, and fuck it was disappointing compared to ME1.

ME1 had a lot of open environments you fought in. You could tackle any of your five objectives on a single planet in WHATEVER ORDER YOU WANTED.
And even non-combat zones like Citadel were huge and easy to get lost in.

Then ME2 came along and turned everything into a four-room corridor. Only one objective per planet, and it's a fucking copypasted four-room corridor.
>>
File: 1450361671173.jpg (165 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450361671173.jpg
165 KB, 800x800
>>320500414
I'm no longer pissed. There is only emptiness.
>>
File: disappointed monster.jpg (32 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
disappointed monster.jpg
32 KB, 335x335
Thi4f, Mass Effect 3, Spore,Colonial Marines, Supreme Commander 2, Beyond Earth, C&C 4

Out of all those it was C&C 4 and Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>320500373
pretty bad taste man for max payne 3. Good game.
>>
>>320500243

2 had the most retarded plot, had the least RPG elements, had the worst armor and weapon system, and had the most unlikable crew of companions in the series.
>>
>>320500448

How can people actually believe this?
The gameplay in Mass Effect 1 was garbage copy and pasted environments and it looked like shit.

Holy fuck.
>>
File: butthurtboxes.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
butthurtboxes.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
FFXIII
then AC3

I haven't bought a new game since then, only old games on sale and indies
>>
>>320500243
There are a LOT of things which make ME1 overall superior to ME2.

I don't even want to bother listing them. But if you like ME2 so much, why even bother playing RPGs? Just stick to your cover shooters, anon. Stop ruining our games.
>>
>>320500541

>least RPG elements
Because the RPG elements in 1 were so fucking good right?

>had the worst armor and weapon systems
ME1 was literally just a bunch of recolors that slightly changed percentages. It was shit, and everyone ends up buying the same armor by the halfway point of the game.

>most unlikable crew of companions
Are you seriously implying fucking Kaiden and Ashley were better companions than literally anyone in ME2?
>>
>>320500140

>perpetuating the "only ending was bad" myth

Stop.

Just stop.

Killed Mordin?
Here's a stand in that's just like him.

Jack survive?
Good, she gets a solo side mission and a five line cameo, IF you romances her.

Blow up or give the collector base to TIM?

I DARE you to name a repercussion that isnt +50 cockhead points that dont matter.

Kai Leng?

Cerberus as a whole?

The fact that Arrival isnt a bigger deal after you blew up a Batarian STAR SYSTEM.

Illium removed.
No Omega hub world.

Citadel is the only hub and even then we get a hub just a cunt hair bigger than in ME2.

Fucking star child PTSD nightmare bullshit after each chapter.

ZERO game impact for shep's background. Literally, your birthplace and history are completely interchangeable in-game.

All but three of your squadmates are humans and you only get the third 3/4 the way through the game.
>>
>>320500597
Literally the only things that were copypasted in ME1 were the space stations and mines. Which were less than 1/5 of the game.
Compared to ME2 where pretty much everything outside the final collector ship is copypasted.

Anon, I just played the games for the first time ever within this past two months. You're fucking blind and dense if you think otherwise.
>>
>>320500728

Mass Effect 1 is an RPG like Zelda is a fucking RPG. Mass Effect was always a fun scifi adventure series with just barely serviceable gameplay.

Only a retard thinks that Mass Effect 1 is the epitome of what an RPG should be.
>>
File: nick-frost-shaun-of-the-dead.jpg (11 KB, 376x251) Image search: [Google]
nick-frost-shaun-of-the-dead.jpg
11 KB, 376x251
>>320500373
It's Thief 4.

Not fucking Thi4f.

Who the fuck called it Thi4f

That's fucking stupid.
>>
Fallout 3

I have never understood why you would buy an IP and then use it to create a game that none of the original fans were waiting for. Why not create a new IP?
>>
>>320494969
I know Im in a minority here, but last level and ending aside, I actually enjoyed ME3. I thought it was a pretty good game. The gameplay was as good as its ever been and a lot of the character interaction was good.

Everything involving the kid was definitely dumb though. And pre-extended ending patch, you basicallyHAD to play multiplayer to get the best endings. I didn't play at all and got one of the worst endings.
>>
>>320494969
Fable.
>>
>>320500804
Honestly that isn't even all of it. The gameplay was generic and dogshit too. Most areas had cawadoody-esque 'spawn closets' where the only method to make enemies stop spawning was to move forward. The game play was boring and every 'difficult' enemy was just a bullet sponge.

Maybe this stems from me playing on the hardest difficulty on my first playthrough, but I don't think giving enemies more spawns and more health are good gameplay.
>>
>>320500878

Mass Effect 1 isnt the best game ever.
It is the best game in the series though.

Noveria had more open endedness than the other two games COMBINED.

How do I get a pass to the garage?
Do I A) give the data to the corrupt CEO?
B) Give the data to the businessman being hassled by the corrupt CEO?
C) Give the data to the investigator spying on the CEO?
D) Inform corrupt CEO a hanar is trying to smuggle shit onto Noveria
or E) i form the CEO he is being investigated and take the key off his corpse after he murder suicides his assistant?

All these played out as you play than as a dialogue option.
>>
>>320500898
Promo pic when the game was first announced was literally just the title THI4F, with a four for an A. It was so awkward and shitty that it stuck.
>>
>>320500878
>all that reading comprehension
Nigger, when did I ever say ME was the epitome of an RPG? You're getting salty and putting words in my mouth. It makes me think you're baiting.

In any case, ME2 is pretty much Gears of War-lite. I'll take minimal RPG elements over tiny corridor environments and no skilltrees any day.

-They made everything tinier and more compact, and removed any sense of exploration.
-The frequent loading screens (yes, the elevators were better) completely ruined immersion and made the world feel disconnected and not contiguous.
-The complete bastardization of the skill system was unforgivable. (hurr durr everyone only has one passive and two actives. And a lot of them overlap). All but three of the squad members were completely interchangeable, and there was literally no reason to pick anyone over any other one. Even on Insanity difficulty.
-Even if the Mako was shitty, it was still better than fucking scanning. At least the Mako sections made the worlds feel bigger and lifelike.
-The experience points being awarded only at the end of missions was completely asinine, and it basically provided no incentive other than to rush to the goal. Why bother exploring? You're already full on ammo/medi-gel/resources.
>>
FO4. If it didn't have the word "Fallout" on the cover, I wouldn't mind it being a generic, 4/10 adventure-FPS. I was really hoping it couldn't get worse after 3, because I'm fucking stupid. Why did it have to be my favorite franchise that got this treatment?
>>
>>320494969

How was ME3 a disappointment and not ME2? It's literally the same game only ME3 has better combat and a good multiplayer.
>>
Nothing will ever come close to Spore
>>
>>320501649

It's easier to be profitable taking a good game people love and dumbing it down to appeal to and target the masses than it is to take a game that's meh tier at best and build it up to target you.

Because think, what WOULD they have to add to get you to buy a CoD or CoD cloneor a Madden game?
>>
>>320501821
Because you couldn't romance that hot ass Dr. Chakwas.
>>
>>320501821

>better combat
>good multiplayer

I refuse to let these things go uncontested because that is how EA and Biodrones attempt to rewrite history. By repeating that lie often enough.
>>
>>320496507
>Watch Dogs

The worst part was the first hour was actually really fun for me. Then it all came crashing down when I realised that what I had assumed was just "the start" of the game was actually what I'd be doing for the entire game. It got so fucking boring so fucking fast.

Aiden's walk animation is still cool though.
>>
>>320496685
Why? Aside from being short, that is.
>>
>>320497671
I had forgotten about this. Repressed the memory, even. Now it's back. And it hurts. It truly does.
>>
>>320494969
Every Splinter Cell after CT, every Ghost Recon after Island Thunder/Desert Siege, Mass Effect 3, Anno 2070, GTA V (after VC and even IV it didn't have the same "magic" anymore)
>>
>>320502360
>Every Splinter Cell after CT

I just replayed 1 and CT, they hold up amazingly well and are still better than anything since.
>>
>>320500804
to be fair they fucked up by making the arrival DLC

the dlcs have to complement the story, not be mandatory to it

I played me 1 , me2 and me3 without any dlc, just vanilla. If they started with some huge consequences about the Arrival, i would have been completely lost
>>
>>320494969
kotor 2 was a disapointment for me.
essentially the same game as kotor 1, but with useless shit but with a shitty antagonist. well at least they fleshed out hk
>>
>>320501521
yeah, the skill system in mass effect 1 is the best

I hated the cooldown system in 3, i made an magic soldier in that one, i think concussive shot had less than 1 sec cd with the right gear
>>
>>320501521

>when did I ever say ME was the epitome of an RPG

You literally said "why even bother playing RPGs?" as if to say that Mass Effect 1 embodies the experience of a good RPG.

ME1 is an okay RPG. So is ME2. But neither are good representations of the genre.

>>320501359
Open endedness is not a good measuring stick for the quality of a game. Of course ME1 is better in certain aspects like this, but in the realm of gameplay ME1 is shit.
>>
>>320502674
Lord of the fabled shittest taste right here.
>>
>>320501821
This.
Seriously, replaying ME2 after playing ME3 is fucking appalling. ME2 is beyond shitty now in comparison.
>>
>>320502810
ok, what was so great about kotor 2 compared to one?
>inb4 the game was SO DEEP YO and kreia WOW
no, the game wasn't deeper than kotor 1 (although people pretend it was) and it was painfully obvious that kreia was the "bad guy" in the game from the start.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 295x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 295x367
>>320494969
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>320502518
And that's just it.

Arrival could have set us up with a good trial scene, shepard answering for his crimes, a recap for those who havent played the previous games and an interactive drama where the player is given a chance to explain or extrapolate on their reasons and motivations.

Followed by either Cerberus kidnapping you guns blazing if you gave TIM the base OR your surviving crew freeing you via an elaborate heist.

But instead we got walking while talking forcefully, the Intro followed by ZOMG REAPERS!

Then backtracking on how we totally cant destroy reapers much less destroy reapers by destroying mass relays so let's shoot them with our guns.
>>
>>320502916
Yes, it was. In both gameplay and writing.
It's not the game's fault you're too shallow to appreciate it. Go enjoy your "mwahahaha!" villain and imbalanced classes.

And no shit Kreia was suspicious from the very beginning. That was her damn shtick.
>>
>>320502729

>open endedness
>not a good measuring stick for a game
>talking about ME

And of course it's someone saying ME1 gameplay is somehow worse than any ofthe sequels.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 256x315
>>320503026
Don't forget this
>>
>>320501998

Refute it then faggot.
>>
>>320494969
>Mass Effect 3.
i think the trilogy as a hole is a masterpiece, and no other game has lived up to it in terms of emotions. Hate me
>>
>>320501998
But both of those are entirely true.
They save it from being terrible unlike ME2.
>>
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain. I honestly thought it was going to be the greatest thing ever.

How wrong I was. It didn't feel the same way as when I played MGS1 to MGS4. It felt...unfinished. The ending was disappointing. I got tired of it.

A real shame for such a good series, but hey, I guess that's what happened when the company you work for just wants to make plinky plonk machines.
>>
>>320494969
Mass Effect 3 was in no way different from Mass Effect 2 so how was it a disappointment?

And if you spout the "the ending was shit therefore the entire game is trash" meme you better fuck right off
>>
>>320494969
Mass Effect 2
>>
>>320494969
Mass Effect 2
>>
>>320494969
I've never been disappointed by anything, but I have a few close calls of almost investing time/money into something that would've disappointed me.
I'm really grateful for this.
>>
File: 1419347918983.jpg (9 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1419347918983.jpg
9 KB, 400x240
>>320503435
>>320503436
>>
>>320495713
I take Origins over Drive Knight any time, any day.
>>
>>320494969
I, everytime I see that box art I get upset

stop posting it
>>
>>320503309
I stand with you bro, no other game has made me feel like that.
>>
>>320496412
>implying any of that is bad
Citadel was the one good thing to come out of ME3.
>>
>>320494969
Funny thing is, Drew Kaprshyn's vision for ME3 was much much better.

For one thing Cerberus wasn't supposed to all out retarded evil. Cerberus and Alliance was supposed to be in an uneasy truce while they both focused on Reapers.

Shepard was supposed to have option of taking missions from both Alliance and Cerberus, increasing his stance with both organizations. More equipment, upgrade options and other bonuses were supposed to be avaible depending on who you helped most.

Endings were supposed to be different too. For example, if you did a particularly good job with Cerberus missions, TIM would voluntarily step down and name you as his successor.

Another feature he wanted was to make all companions from previous games, Miranda, Thane, Wrex etc avaiable as squad members.

There was also some talk about ship to ship battles similar to that Genesis game Buck Rogers, only in real time.

EA however, wanted to rush out the game, so all of these features were shitcanned.

Maybe he saw what was going to happen and decided to left early.
>>
File: 1444015616920.png (53 KB, 314x316) Image search: [Google]
1444015616920.png
53 KB, 314x316
>Mass Effect 3
Although less than most people since i marathoned the whole series after ME3 came out and was aware of the shit ending.
I was still kinda disappointed.

>MGSV
Probably the biggest disappointement since I was so fucking hyped for this. Not a bad game but the trailers were showing a much more different game than what we got.

>Telltale's Walking Dead S2
I loved the first season and while the second was good, it didn't have a lot of the qualities that the first one got.
Like "hubs" where you can talk to characters about stuff, and your choices having any sort of impact.
>>
File: give her the consensus.png (16 KB, 257x112) Image search: [Google]
give her the consensus.png
16 KB, 257x112
>>320494969
ME3 broke me.

I've never recovered.
>>
>>320497747

>the absolute worst campaign in the whole series.

It was the best actually. It's only bad if you're a bookfag.
>>
Dragon Age inquisition.
>>
>>320505303
You're retarded for ever expecting anything after DA2.
>>
>>320504215
He didn't leave, he was moved to write for SWTOR
>>
>>320505380
But DA2 wasn't all that bad.
>>
>>320505509
Oh fuck you guy.
>>
File: credits.jpg (1 MB, 1000x3719) Image search: [Google]
credits.jpg
1 MB, 1000x3719
>>320504215
>>
>>320494969
In recent years I guess Skyrim.

Literally made me stop buying new releases.
>>
>>320505616
But you can climb that mountain.
>>
>>320505697
Im still playing it because of the infinite quests
>>
>>320505954
Technically it does have infinite quests though. It's on you for assuming anything about the quality of those quests.
>>
>>320503306

>shootan corridors
>no missions can be talked through or out of
>more ammo bullshit
>wonky hit detection
>N7 missions pulled from terrible MP
>no vehicles
>turret segments
>global cooldowns
>all squadmates boiled down to shootan except Liara (singularity) and Tali (3/4 into the game)
>ME2 squadmates reduced to token cameos or a carbon copy if they didnt survive
>ammo powers
>only cerberus, geth, or reaper enemies

Need I go on?
>>
>>320504101

>citadel isnt bad

Floss your urethra with barbed wire.
>>
>>320506030
theyre not even quests. They're odd jobs.
>>
File: 1449214378188.png (225 KB, 445x496) Image search: [Google]
1449214378188.png
225 KB, 445x496
>>320506215
>theyre not even quests

By Bethesda's standards they are.
>>
FALLOUT 4
>>
>>320496748
GTFO RETARD
>>
>>320506298
>Being hype for the next installment in "Sweet little lies"
>>
>>320504708
pretty much this
I felt a severe amount of disappointment with fallout 3, dragon age 2,
rage, C&C 4 and Ac3 aswell as some other title I can't come up with right now
but ME3?

that shit was a different level entirely and will forever remind me to not get invested
in a fucking videogame, especially when it was made by FUCKING EA.
>>
>>320498460
>that guy
AKA MOST PEOPLE WHO PLAYED IT
>>
>>320505303
DAI is a fucking masterpiece compared to DA2.
>>
Dead Space 3.

Dead Space 1 was good, Dead Space 2, while more action oriented was definitive proof Visceral knew what they were doing with the franchise even DESPITE EA's tampering by forcing a shit MP mode.

But Dead Space 3 was just too much executive meddling.
Human soldier enemies.
we dodged a bullet with MP no one played in DS2 so let's jntegrate it with the SP because that worked SO WELL in FEAR 3.

Elli love interest bullshit.

Fuck Dead Space 3.
>>
SMT4 and Diablo 3
>>
>>320507182

Getting diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is better than DA2.
>>
File: 1449321743050.gif (1 MB, 240x252) Image search: [Google]
1449321743050.gif
1 MB, 240x252
>>320507278
>Ellie has eye completely stabbed out
>appears in the third game like it never happened with no explanation

Somebody told me it was covered in a book why she suddenly regrew her eye, but fuck that.
>>
>>320499335
AC3 is my second favorite in the series, right after Brotherhood. I'd take 3 over 4 any day.
>>
>>320494969
femsheps look and animations in Mass Effect 3
>>
>>320494969
Absolutely nothing compares to the letdown that was Duke Nukem Forever
>>
>>320494969
BF3
>>
>>320507182
You mean DA2 is a masterpiece compared to DA:I
I'd rather have a game with a slightly more coherent story, better combat, better quests, and insanely repetitive map design than a game with a garbage story, garbage combat, garbage quests, and insanely large maps with little content.
>>
>>320494969
metal gear solid since 4 and beyond
>>
>>320496384
even with patches I still would rather play 1 or 2 for some reason. I don't know, I just can't get into the third one for some reason.
>>
>>320508653
I still can't believe all the hype /v/ has over kojima.

The guy is a massive hack and anything he does is going to be a total letdown.
>>
>>320508576
lol wtf DAI is miles ahead of the parody that was DA2
>>
>>320508774
It's recent, and only because V came out on PC. 4 was shit on relentlessly here when it came out.
>>
>>320508856
Prove it
>>
>>320494969
Oblivion. Radiant AI didn't do shit, combat was floaty grinding down health bars, world was bland.
>>
>>320508430
How a game can go through so many iterations and ideas and still come out a huge fucking turd like that is beyond me.
>>
>>320508774
It wasn't even hype. I didn't get into metal gear solid until a couple years ago. I played them in order though. When I hit 4 I got a little mad because the gameplay was always so detailed and weird. The way they broke the fourth wall without actually feeling super cheesy like modern indie games is still great and original even today. But it just became homogenized shit ever since 4 and never recovered. And 5... dear god what a fucking joke.
>>
>>320494969
LittleBigPlanet 3
Fallout 4
>>
>>320509941
Did they fix LBP 3 yet?
>>
>>320510005
Not sure. All I know is that Create mode didn't work for me and as far as I know there was nothing I could do about it and the tweaked physics broke old LBP levels so there's pretty much no reason to play it.
>>
>>320509623

Simple.

By the time the game was finished everyone who waited for it was an adult and everyone who WOULD have been young enough foe the gross out humor was from a different generation.

Outside of the 2 weapon bullshit I found nothing in Forever that wasnt in the previous games.
>>
>>320495549
What?
>>
>>320495916
lol
>>
>>320506046

Sounds like you're describing ME2. Multiplayer was the only good thing to come out of the sequels.
>>
>>320511751

No matter how often you say it, it will never be true.
>>
>>320512108

Why isn't it true? Proper team work required, good difficulty, nice progress system, lots of characters and skills, lots of weapons and mods.

Everything lacking in the single player campaigns.
>>
>>320494969
Spore, Rome 2, ME 3

Putting them in an order is pretty hard for me, so they can share the title of god awful shittiness.
>>
KotOR 2. Such a wild ride that ended with a whimper AND a giant fucking cliffhanger. Then nothing for a decade until fans fixed it up a bit.

I could see Spore was going to be a disaster with all the hype it had. And ME3 is a Bioware game and they've been shipping out mediocre games with shit story since day 1.
>>
Probably Mass effect 3. I have a weird voner for the mass effect series. I really love the atmosphere and characters. 3 was just garbage as far as I'm concerned.

I'll still buy the next one though because im terrible
>>
In order

ME3. I'm still so fucking mad. I've got shit taste too, and I loved it until the ending, I really did. Having my opinion of a game changed so drastically in 15 minutes was surreal. I was in a daze for an hour after that.

Rome 2

Seven Kingdoms 3
>>
>>320503306
It did have better combat and gear, but if your level and encounter design are terrible it doesn't matter.
ME2 had a shit selection of powers and weapons and still remained interesting because it rarely had you feel like you were doing the same thing. Mission variance is why ME2 stands over 3 from a gameplay perspective.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.