[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did someone play back tracking simulato...uhh... Dark siders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Did someone play back tracking simulato...uhh... Dark siders?

Bought it on sale one year ago and Installed it yesterday. I like it pretty much.
The boss fights are neat and the growing weapon movesets give me that power fantasy feel. It's fun to do combos and the fast switch between the chaos blade and secondary weapon are also a plus.
Just killed the second chosen one. Is the sequel worse or better? Might give it a shot.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>320491112
>weapon movesets
I honestly found all sword combos inferior to the one with the round slash, forgot how it was called. And the scythe and other alt weapons (if there were any) weren't really worth using at all.
Combat in the first game was... okay.

I personally think the sequel is a much better game, but (there's always "but") it's practically unfinished. THQ was going bankrupt at the moment, and they apparently forced the devs to push out whatever they had at the moment as the final product in an attempt to get some money.

So, the first game is more whole, but has less interesting levels imo, more monotonous combat, less interesting characters etc. Second one starts amazingly, but falls apart closer to the end.
>>
I really liked it. The lore, combat, and environments. The second one is an improvement for sure. Really hope someone picks it up and works on a 3rd with all 4 horsemen as playable characters
>>
i like the game; it's pretty interesting and the story is neat. the second installment is however better in my opinion. nicer, more agile fighting.
>>
File: I have an offer in mind.jpg (88 KB, 700x461) Image search: [Google]
I have an offer in mind.jpg
88 KB, 700x461
>>320491112
>Just killed the second chosen one. Is the sequel worse or better? Might give it a shot.

Sequel is different. You will want to play it after the amazing ending the first game ends on only to find out DS2 happens in parallel with DS1. Sequel actually focuses less on combat and more on platforming and puzzle solving as Death is a more agile character. I'd say both are worth playing and I hope they announce DS3 soon.
>>
The second one has better combat but worse dungeons and no longer feels like a zelda.
>>
>>320492151
I wouldn't say it focuses less on combat, but either way, it does combat better as well.
>>
>>320492151
darksiders 2 really has the same problem the first game has - it's an obvious melting pot of ideas from other games and little of its own. it's the sum of all those parts that makes darksiders, darksiders.
>>
>>320492151
>ending

That's how you do a fucking cliffhanger ending.
>>
i played the first, it was decent. I recently tried the second one, but I hate death's VA..... am i the only one?
>>
>>320491112
>Darksiders

Didn't-bother-to-finish tier
>>
>>320492483
>am i the only one?
This might be the only case when the answer to this retarded question is actually "yes".
>>
>>320492298
Because most games don't rip off each other right?
>>
>>320491112
The sequel is different. I wouldn't say particularly worse or better. I preferred the first myself but the second certainly improves in certain aspects.

1st feels like a Zelda clone while the second feels more like it's own game.
>>
>>320492483

I liked Death a lot, hell I liked him so much I got the darksiders book to read.

It actually wasn't half bad either. Fury and Strife were interesting additions and it added some more depth to Death's guilt complex.
>>
>>320492225
Does anyone have any Darksiders 2 Webm's? I remember there were a few kicking about around a year ago.
>>
>>320491112
I love Darksiders2 for its fluid fighting system and enemies, the most fun part is the Crucible arena where you fight waves of enemies. The loot is more diablo-like, which is nice too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44T6UktxxuM

The adventure part is really good too, more open-worldy, lots of exploration and puzzles. The realm of undead is especially good and atmospheric. Has some flaws and Erath part was obviously rushed, but overall well worth the time and money.
>>
>>320493001
>Crucible
I fucked up on the penultimate wave, where you have to fight that huge monster from Earth. Except you don't get a gun this time.
Never tried it again.
>>
>>320493223
It can be challenging, but the emeries design is Dark-souls tier, all attacks have a pattern and some telegraph in in the animation so you can dodge. Life-steal weapons make it pretty easy.
>>
The Darksiders series are great mid tier games. AAA but not really AAA. Last generation had a few games like this, and the generation before was filled with them. Too bad you can't make that kind of game anymore. It's either AAA annual trashbox, indie/"""indie""" twittersphere memeshit, or kikestarter begging turned dissapointment.
>>
>>320494115

Thats called the AA market, and yes its dead. A shame too, that market allowed smaller devs to graduate from the kiddie pool to a lap pool before they dove into the ocean. It also allowed experimentation due to how relatively inexpensive it was compared to the AAA market.
>>
>>320494260
Yeah, it's sad. THQ going out of business alone left a huge hole there. They put out a lot of mid-grade stuff last gen that was really awesome. Stuff that would never be made otherwise.
>>
>>320492151
>>320492375
I got about 2/3 into DS2 over the summer, is the ending really good then? I might finish it over Christmas. I stopped because I realised there were 3 or 4 dungeons that were optional I wanted to do, so it felt like a lot of annoying grinding before getting on with the main story. Also so far DS1 feels better than DS2, marginally, in every way so far. Music, story, characters, setting, combat.
Looting is nice though.
>>
I think the second one is a much better game than the first one in terms of characters, plot and gameplay but I could never bring myself to finish it

dunno why
>>
>>320494517
cause it becomes much worse after the realm of dead
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.