[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>download new game hat /v/'s been talking about >play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11
File: tired gamer.png (1 MB, 1023x570) Image search: [Google]
tired gamer.png
1 MB, 1023x570
>download new game hat /v/'s been talking about
>play it for 20 minuts
>get bored and deinstall game
>"you're just burnt out!!"
>get a job
>too tired to play video games after coming home from work
>just end up counting down to monday on weekends

Tired gamer general
>>
File: 1425074082621.png (109 KB, 219x199) Image search: [Google]
1425074082621.png
109 KB, 219x199
Get a new hobby and partake in new activities you fucking pleb
>>
>>320490409
>tfw no motivation to do anything but video games but also don't feel like playing video games
>tfw no idea what you're even saying
>>
>>320490272
>being a complete nigger
That's what you get for avoiding work your entire life
>>
File: 1420227438150.jpg (21 KB, 423x423) Image search: [Google]
1420227438150.jpg
21 KB, 423x423
>be NEET
>feel constant motivation to play time sink games with a lot of grinding playing each for 300+ hours
>AAA games with constant happenings just bore you and you can't even sit through 5 hours of it to clear it without winding back on /v/ every 20 minutes
>>
>>320490272
Stop describing me on the internet fuckface
>>
>>320490875
Grindy games simulate productivity. You put in hours of effort, and get rewarded by seeing your effort get directly translated into some kind of ingame reward like a level up. That makes them perfect for NEETs who crave something to strive for in their daily lives.

AAA games simulate not having a boring as fuck life. That makes them perfect for normies.
>>
>>320490272
Watch anime.
>>
>>320490875
>NEET
>Play games at least 6 hours a day

Feels good.
>>
>>320490272
You need to find 'that game' that reignites the spark anon. It's gonna be tough though, because I was also in the same position as you but then ended up replaying World of Warcraft because of friends pressuring me to return.

Don't do what I did though. Ended up playing it for a few weeks, enjoyed every bit of it and had a good laugh with friends but then it hit me that the game is total shit, so I quit again.
>>
>>320490272
>deinstall
>>
>>320490272
Take a break from video games. Sometimes you just lose interest in a thing and need something else in your life.
>>
>>320490272
My problem is I just can't finish anything I've started, I often choose to nap instead of playing videogames.

>Buy 3DS with Pokemon Y, Etrian Odyssey Untold, SMT Digital Devil Survivor OC, SMT IV
>Beat Y once, immediately restart to do some sort of autistic headcanon run I cant even remember
>Restart Y at least 7 times since then, currently sitting past the 2nd Gym with a bunch of shitmons I hacked in that wasn't available in the wild
>Only on 2nd stratum of Etrian Odyssey
>Not very far into SMT IV
>Havent even touched DDS
>Pump 400 hours into dark souls 2 instead, hated at least half the time I played it because of shit netcode, ragequitters and just how everything can be beaten with circlestrafing, still bought scholar of the first sin or whatever
>Buy FFXIV+Heavensward, stop playing after the 30 days are up out of disinterest.
>Pick up Skyforge and Guild Wars 2, drop both in less than 30 hours.
>Pirate Zestiria, play maybe 15 hours of it get bored
>Play Tree of Savior beta instead, it was mediocre but enjoyable, 400 hours clocked in a month wew.
>Pirate Undertale, beat it once, stopped at Flowey the first time to play Tree of Savior, start a new game and never make it out of Snowdin
>>
>be a permanent NEET
>don't enjoy games much any more
>play the same old shitty ones for years

fuck
>>
File: 3jQWubV.png (1 MB, 2338x1700) Image search: [Google]
3jQWubV.png
1 MB, 2338x1700
>>320490875

hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>320490875
I know that feel bro.

>>320491156
You might be on to something here. Sounds plausible. For the past few years I've really enjoyed the feeling of grinding up money, XP, skills, etc. in mere flash games. And I spend a lot of time on Civ 5, EU4, and now Monster Hunter.
>>
>>320492253
I've noticed that I purchase more games the older I get, but rarely play any of them. I have time to play them, but I never feel like I'm in the mood.
>>
File: 1437637091587.jpg (196 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1437637091587.jpg
196 KB, 850x850
>>320492402

>massive steam backlog branching multiple years
>massive anime backlog, haven't even scratched the surface
>mehh I'll do it later

tired NEET thread?
>>
>>320490272

>deinstall

kill yourself
>>
>>320492253
>>320492402
At least I'm not the only one.
So far it didn't happen to me with XCX, though.

It's not even like I completely stop playing them.
Sometimes I go back to them after half a year or even a year and finish them in one sitting.
>>
File: 34t34t34t34thth.png (106 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
34t34t34t34thth.png
106 KB, 480x360
>think i'm burnt out on video games
>i'm actually just putting 1,000 hours into Company of Heroes
>play an hour of something else, close it, open CoH

i am fucking obsessed with this game. it somehow never gets old to me. i think i've been playing it for 3 years straight now??
CoH 1, CoH 2, doesn't matter.
Fallout 4 can't even pull me away, i still haven't beat it yet.

help. me.
>>
>>320492890
you've trained your brain to reward you with delicious chemicals when you open up CoH.
you gotta rewire yourself man
>>
File: 1445302387298.jpg (104 KB, 1275x681) Image search: [Google]
1445302387298.jpg
104 KB, 1275x681
>Used to play Mabinogi
>Fighter/Monk
>During my strolls on Dunbarton, notice someone asking for group
>Eh, whatever, let's join up and assist a bit
>A P2W player joins and literally rushes the entire raid/dungeon
>While then, I was chatting with the female character
>As the dungeon/story ends, I was about to take my leave, then...
>"What should I do now..."
>Decide to stay a bit longer to show the player some stuff
>Help him/her get abilities, skills, explore stuff
>As we finished the quest to get Mana Shield, I was about to leave, then-
>"Would you like my number"
>Wait what
>The player sends me a whisper with the phone number
>Turns out he/she's korean, had a budget of 1500 bucks worth from selling a famous player account on a korean mobile phone MMO, and that he/she wanted to play mabinogi
>Well, might as well comply, accept the number, and spend time with the player
>The most fun I've ever had on any f2p MMO
>Even if I didn't ask him/her to, or refuse, he/she would use part of her budget to help me on my gear too.
>Day after day, we begin to get closer as we quest and have fun together
>HOWEVER
>Real life shit prevents me from playing any further
>She waited for me
>In the end, I could only log in way less than before.
>Slowly quit the game trying to tell her the most considerate way possible I could think of
>She would still talk to me normally
>Suddenly, one day, she stopped replying.
>I still have part of her stuff on my character

I feel bad. I have no real proof that it was a female player, but he/she was indeed a good person. Can't forget her even after a year, even if the distance from South Korea to Spain is considerable.

What the fuck should I do to feel better.
>>
File: Goodnight_Punpun_v10_p078.png (288 KB, 1017x1400) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight_Punpun_v10_p078.png
288 KB, 1017x1400
>NEET life
>Study Japanese all day erryday
>Grind to 1,200k+ kanji
>Have notebook filled completely with them from when I practiced
>Read VNs left and right
>Play Vidya all the time
>Life is pretty sweet
>Stepdad starts pressuring mom to stop being nice to me and letting me leech
>Get kicked out in the streets
>Homeless for a while
>Suicidal
>Mom finds me and takes me back home
>Need to get job
>No longer NEET
>Lose motivation for doing anything
>No time for games or anime or VN or anything
>Dive deep into depression
>Been so long since I've had time to study Japanese that I've forgotten a lot of what I took so long and worked so hard to acquire
>Only have energy to lazily browse 4chan all day
>I'm on my vacation this week and have done absolutely nothing
>>
File: 1446441789815.jpg (78 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1446441789815.jpg
78 KB, 351x351
>>320495351
(Cont.)
>Typing this from cellphone in my pajamas on the side of a bridge
>Contemplating if I should jump off or not
>I probably won't, but it relaxes me to know that death is so easily in my grasp
>I'll probably head home after sitting on the edge of the bridge for a few minutes without my hands holding me
>Will probably sleep the whole day away when I return
>>
File: 1391849680396s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1391849680396s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>320493470
I know that feel bro.
In the last 15 years playing online games and putting in like a million hours, I never forgot the names of all the people I saw. Never.
Even people that never talked to me are still in my memories. Standing around, talking about shit, I was listening to all of it and know so many secrets things. Talked to gamemasters, that don't even work there anymore, got information that was never supposed to share, made screenshots and all the stuff....
Man, I miss the time where onlinegames had something magical to me.....
>>
>>320495970
She even told me she got a boyfriend and managed to enter university thanks to my support. I didn't mind the bf thing as long as she was happy; thats the kind of care I developed spending time with her online... But i really miss her q-q
>>
File: 1310292685866.jpg (134 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1310292685866.jpg
134 KB, 600x600
I have a really hard time sleeping. Sometimes I'll lay in bed for hours while so tired, and yet I can't fall asleep. When I finally manage to sleep, I sleep for three hours

I hate this.
>>
>>320496634
cool blog faggot
>>
>>320490272
>play game on an off day
>get hyped at work to go home and play it some more
>get to main menu
>decide I'd rather just watch something and be comfy
>close game and don't play it again for weeks
>I'm looking at you FO4 and MGSV

Every single time.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.