[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ hate Sonic? Nevermind the fanbase (seriously what fanbase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: projectchaos.jpg (51 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
projectchaos.jpg
51 KB, 400x352
Does /v/ hate Sonic?

Nevermind the fanbase (seriously what fanbase isnt cancer?) No one has nostalgia?
>>
I don't feel nostalgia because I never stopped playing the old titles.
>>
The 2D Sonic games are fantastic.
The 3D games are of highly inconsistent quality and never go beyond 'good'.

The music is universally GOAT.
>>
>>320488474
Its like star wars, tomb raider or Zelda.

The old games are still classics, but the modern games are utter trash and therefore I am not a fan.
>>
>>320488592
Shame Sonic and the Secret Rings tried to use the Wii Dildo controls, the music was the shit.
>>
>>320488474
S&K was the first game I ever beat at the age of 4, so I'll always love that game. And yeah, the Sonic fanbase is absolute cancer, which is why I'm not apart of it. Just because I grew up playing the original Sonic games doesn't mean I'm friends with the people who love the GOTTA GO FAST Sanic.
>>
File: 1425860239270.gif (363 KB, 723x494) Image search: [Google]
1425860239270.gif
363 KB, 723x494
>>320488532
This
>>
>>320488474
I don't hate it but when you see how sega itself treats the series, you have to distance yourself from this mess.
The classic games are still my favourite 2d platformers, I hope those fuckers release the hd remasters on steam someday.
>>
>>320488474
All sonic games have amazing atmosphere, designs and music. This is indisputable.

The sonic redesign to be a lanky edgy teenager that spoke turned off a lot of people that liked sonic before.
>>
>>320488592
>and never go beyond 'good'.

Faggot detected.
>>
>>320488474
I was a huge fan as a kid, then slowly went away.
Most recent game I played was generations, loved it.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1000x563
>>320488474
I still enjoy the old games. Sonic advanced 1 and 2 are pretty damn good and the music is comfy as hell in 1. I get my 3d sonic fix from that one fan game sonic world. Even has it's own expanded chao garden
>>
>>320490973
it's his opinion

get the fuck over it you little faggot
>>
>>320488532
>this answer

made my day famm

I love and adore the older games but im mixed on the modern games. My favorite 3d is probably tied between Sonic adventure and sonic colors. Adventure felt like a 2D sonic game in 3D as far as design and stage themes go and colors had great stage design with the wisps and a nice challenging score system and both added replayability Not to forget the red rings as well.
>>
>>320488474
I love Sonic 2,

I love the air fortress, death egg was a suitable climax

the ending theme was a great song.

Too bad sonic fucking sucks now
>>
>>320490734
>All sonic games have amazing atmosphere, designs
>All sonic games have amazing designs

Are you serious? You think garbage like Sonic 06 or Chronicles have amazing designs?
>>
>>320490973
He's right though. Even the best 3d Sonic games are deeply flawed
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.