[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i get better at fighting games and competitive party games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: me.jpg (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
7 KB, 300x300
how do i get better at fighting games and competitive party games like smash

whenever i lose i chimp out
>>
practice the fuck out of it

and read about the meta-game
>>
>>320485085
Stop thinking individual matches are a big deal and focus on improving your game.
>>
No cure for autism.
>>
>>320485157
but how

im a big baby that cant handle losing
>>
>>320485085
>whenever i lose i chimp out
Release it's a fucking game and don't lose your cool. I used to do that shit as a teenager, it only made me worse at whatever I was playing.
>>
find a good main
someone who feels like butter in your hands
also git gud
>>
>>320485152
But how do I keep up with other games if I'm always playing one fight an game all the time?
>>
Man up, read an up-to-date guide for the character you want to main, and go practice.
>>
>>320485189
Force yourself to accept that any match outside tournaments don't really mean anything and are really nothing more than practice. Focus on what's happening in the game and stop thinking about thinking about winning or losing.
>>
>>320485254

a lot of it's localised these days

>check tournament streams
>read up on guides written by the comp-level players
>experiment with the game yourself
>>
>>320485189
>become a nihilist
>achieve Übermensch status
>light up everyone

easy peasy
>>
1. Practice until you feel you can't improve anymore.
2. Then, and only then, do you start looking online for tips on using your character.
3. Incorporate those tips into your playstyle.
>>
>>320485189
Then you can't handle getting better. You have to lose to win.
>>
>>320485085
Reinstalling Syobon Action now.
>>
The first thing u say to people learning a new game, learn to lose. Instead of looking at losses like walls, look at them like stepping stones. Tourneys don't usually have single rounds, they're run in sets so you can learn from your mistakes and make the adjustments in the next match. You will lose hundreds, maybe even thousands of times before you start to see your win rate go 50%+.

And don't get pissed if you get absolutely wrecked, those are almost the most important people to learn from. If you keep playing the person, learning from your mistakes and making the necessary changes, then you can definitely beat the person, or if you don't, you're definitely a better player at the end.
>>
File: 1449232651793.png (43 KB, 323x233) Image search: [Google]
1449232651793.png
43 KB, 323x233
>>320485189
Running is but a series of falls

If you wish to run you must first fall

If you do not fall you will never run

git gud faggot
>>
>>320485085
Play alot and think about what you could have done better att all times, that is the key to getting better at anything.
>>
>>320485085
Start with SFV, play the neutral. know what move to use where.
It's easier to improve in SF because the online has ranking by skill unless you're able to go to locals for Smash or SF
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.