[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SONY Boss Says Too Many Cultural Differences For Certain Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 49
File: sony guy yoshida.jpg (42 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
sony guy yoshida.jpg
42 KB, 768x432
http://nichegamer.com/2015/12/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-not-coming-west-due-to-cultural-differences-says-sony-boss/

> It’s due to cultural differences. The West has it’s own thinking about how to depict women in games media which is different from Japan. Speaking personally, if it is a representation acceptable to the general people in Japan, I wouldn’t be concerned about it in Japan. It’s a difficult problem.

>I loved Dragon’s Crown, but that title got some criticism. And it got extremely low points in reviews.

"They're not a problem." /v/ says
>>
>>320483992
Just fucking learn Japanese already, let it serve as your fucking motivation.
You've been always playing censored and altered games, you just didn't care in the past.
But every single Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest game in the west is censored or altered, same goes for titles such as Grandia WHICH WAS HEAVILY AMERICANIZED among many other famous JRPGs.

Seriously fucking learn Japanese already and stop bitching.
>>
It's pretty obvious that /v/ gets hostile on weeb stuff, really I don't know why they embraced MGSV as much as they did then.
>>
Who cares, PS4 isn't region locked.
>>
Shu literally calling out Jason fucking Schreier at Kotaku for his ridiculous shaming of Dragon's Crown
>>
>>320484237
>>320484291
>A hostile party can just shit all over my house who cares right guys?
>>
Oh no anime tits ;_;
>>
>>320484237
>Seriously fucking learn Japanese already and stop bitching.

The CEO is being an idiot, but at the same time you can still buy the game with english subs from play-asia.
>>
>>320484374
>you can still play the same game
>literally nothing is different about the gameplay
>price isn't significantly different or you can pirate if you're a cheap asshole
>don't have to deal with shitty localization and censorship
I still don't see a problem.
>>
>>320484442
He was mistranslated. He was basically saying, SJWs do exist and they're the reason Dragons Crown received unfair scores.
>>
>>320483992
Well I don't like Chinese food but I'm not petitioning to have all local chink food joints closed.

Why won't people leave alone the things they don't like?
>>
EVERDAY UNTIL YOU RIKE IT
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
Fuck man it's really annoying me how these companies keep thinking this kind of censorship is just a cultural difference thing, you know? Like the other day I was talking to a co-worker of mine and he's just spouting the usual nonsense of how DOAX3 is sexist or how kylo ren kills han solo in the new movie but never did he say we should actually ban this kind of thing.

It's really gotten ridiculous how the japanese have gotten away with so much censorship over nothing.
>>
>>320484476
>Someone destroyed your house? Just move out. I don't see a problem.
>>
>>320484581
Remind me again what of yours is being damaged by them not releasing a game? Jesus dude.
>>
>>320484237

I don't have access to all my pics but I remember some anon posted a pic on common , shitty arguments from SJWs and how they're shit.

Not saying you're an SJW, anon, but I think yours falls under the fifth one, "Who cares" or something.

It's a legitimate issue that warrants discussion, even if you don't like it.

In other news, I can't wait to play it. Based play-asia refunded me the difference when they dropped the price.
>>
>>320483992
Of course Sony would be huge babies about this in an attempt to get "gamer cred". How pathetic.
>>
I'm definitely glad Sony doesn't region lock their shit anymore, but I would more appreciate it if people would just let entertainment be entertainment. We already have ample evidence that video games, much like music, books, movies, and other forms of media, have little effect on shit like sexism, or violent tendencies. If you don't like it, don't buy it, I'll never understand this weird campaign groups wage against things they don't like.

Goes for /v/ too. I don't care much for Undertale, not really my thing, but I'm not going to devote my time to bitching about it for hours at a time like some people do.
>>
JUST
>>
>>320484623
It isn't about a single product not getting released, but the constant attack on the hobby as a whole.
>>
>>320483992
>"They're not here to take your games!"

_ Slave Lord Jim
>>
>>320484570
Shouldn't you be on /tv/ for Star Wars spoilers? Like who gives a shit about that here, SW games haven't been good since kotor.
>>
File: sony.png (42 KB, 614x340) Image search: [Google]
sony.png
42 KB, 614x340
>>320484651
fucking sony trying to pander to goober gators ree
>>
>>320484623
Ju-Just deal with people fucking over your hobby. It's not just like DOOM at all. Ju-Just!
>>
>>320484756
Constant attack how?
>>
>>320484821
It's more fun on other boards, everyone on /tv/ already knows.
>>
>>320484827
Does no one find it hilarious that a man is leading a charge for women in tech?
>>
>>320484762
Can't wait to see this place plastered with threads about how that pale, yuro Jabba the Hutt impersonator bloviates on about how he wasn't wrong and everything is fine.
>>
>>320484695

This. In the end, money talks. Even if SJWs and normie scum throw a bitch fit, if it's still profitable, then fuck'em. However, that's not always the case with DOA. But if that was the case, then they might as well just say so instead of using the SJWs as a scapegoat. Unless they did that to drum up sales through controversy, which isn't unheard of. I wouldn't be surprised if they release the next ones in NA and EU with no fucks given if DOAX3 turns a good profit.
>>
>>320484894
No more hilarious than how Caitlyn Jenner was nominated woman of the year.
>>
>>320484552
Because unlike you, 'they' won't rest until everything is according to their worldview, meaning everything should treat them better ('equality') just because of their gender.
>>
>>320484827

>implying he has been in the same building as a sony exec
>>
Video games used to be cool man.
Developers had balls.
>>
The reason your weeb games get "censored" isn't because the japs don't know their fanbase gives no fucks about the tits and ass.
They know you don't care, but they don't care about you.
They "censor" the games because they want more money and your fat asses will still buy the game even if it came with a "I'm a loser sticker".
They want the normies the same way activision and blizzards have them. And if toning down sexuality, making the game easy or cutting animations and autfits may get them more sales - they will do it.
>>
File: B8uLZLWIEAEWraM.png (93 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
B8uLZLWIEAEWraM.png
93 KB, 600x363
>>320484827
>>
File: orwell.jpg (48 KB, 468x417) Image search: [Google]
orwell.jpg
48 KB, 468x417
>The reaction towards it of most English intellectuals will be quite simple: “It oughtn’t to have been published.” Naturally, those reviewers who understand the art of denigration will not attack it on political grounds but on literary ones. They will say that it is a dull, silly book and a disgraceful waste of paper. This may well be true, but it is obviously not the whole of the story. One does not say that a book “ought not to have been published” merely because it is a bad book. After all, acres of rubbish are printed daily and no one bothers.
>>
>>320485187
Then how do you explain KT skipping out on releasing a game in their biggest market, especially when the game is already in english?
Plain and simple, SJWs are bullies and harass localizers and devs as much as they can.
>>
File: 1448472160119.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1448472160119.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>320485015
Then why aren't they fighting the movie and music industry?
>>
>>320485219
>america acts like it's better than isis
>hurr they behead people
>if you disagree with the status quo, your life is ruined and becomes a living hell

I wish normies would stop pretending that the US is above the brutality when they're not all that different themselves.
>>
>>320485465
Has she released a sex tape yet?
>>
>>320484237

People always cared but didn't have any reason to doubt translators. There was a lot less internet access and importation 15 years ago. Most people didn't have modded ps2s that could play jp games for comparison and then share it online. Now just about anyone can import with ease and youtube has made it incredibly easy to compare content without spending any money. People are finally realizing censorship exists and nothing you say will make it legitimate.
>>
>>320484650
Not that guy, just supporting the same argument of learning japanese.

It's not that I don't care, it's that I realize there's literally no way anyone on /v/ or on this side of the argument can actually do anything that will end positively for all of us.

Much easier to learn japanese and avoid it entirely.
>>
File: orwellbbc.jpg (96 KB, 541x603) Image search: [Google]
orwellbbc.jpg
96 KB, 541x603
>Unpopular ideas can be silenced, and inconvenient facts kept dark, without the need for any official ban. Anyone who has lived long in a foreign country will know of instances of sensational items of news — things which on their own merits would get the big headlines — being kept right out of the British press, not because the Government intervened but because of a general tacit agreement that “it wouldn’t do” to mention that particular fact.

>So far as the daily newspapers go, this is easy to understand. The British press is extremely centralized, and most of it is owned by wealthy men who have every motive to be dishonest on certain important topics. But the same kind of veiled censorship also operates in books and periodicals, as well as in plays, films and radio. At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other, but it is “not done” to say it, just as in mid-Victorian times it was “not done” to mention trousers in the presence of a lady. Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness.
>>
>>320485674
That's just running from the problem and telling other people to deal with it
>>
>>320483992
He's right. Get over it.
>>
>>320485514
You can actually choose which one of her songs she sings over it, and it's all on Youtube.
>>
>>320485465
>music
yet
>movie
already

>>320485470
US is allied with Saudis and both Obama and Clinton are embracing Islam
>>
File: 1449553196418.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
1449553196418.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>>320485690
>>320485347
le overrated strawman man
>>
>>320485674

I'm gonna go with this >>320485727
anon. It's something that needs to be recognized and fought. Even if we lose, it's better than doing nothing at all.
>>
Anyone else immediate gut reaction is this is just Sony making a plow to seem "so based" and "so bro".....can't help but feel that
>>
>>320484971
Wait, wait, wait. Are you trying to tell me that a company made a business decision based on how much/little profit they could make?

It's almost like basic economics were right all along.
>>
>>320485823
I wish you luck in your pointless struggle.
>>
>>320485869
I can't help but feel that you're a retarded twelve year old
>>
>>320486006

Indeed. I'm just saying that if it was a pure business decision, and not something related to cultural differences, then why not just say so?
>>
>>320486091

Enjoy being a pushover.
>>
>>320484237
Learning japanese is hard...
but the rewards are also huge
Time is running out, choose wisely
>>
>>320486187
>not learning Chinese
>>
File: 1448470484980.gif (313 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448470484980.gif
313 KB, 250x250
>Boo hoo do business according to my [ideology].
Feminists, weebs, what's the difference?
>>
>>320484850
people with opinions i dont like, of course
>>
I remember when people used to fight for what they believed in. Sad how millenials don't feel that way.
>>
>>320486121

>>320485415
>>
>>320486402
I want to give you money for your unaltered product.
They don't want to give you money but still want you to alter your product to make them feel better.

And you can't see a difference?
>>
>>320485347
>i have read one book my entire life
>well, i read the wikipedia page for it
>>
File: Orwell5.jpg (143 KB, 670x502) Image search: [Google]
Orwell5.jpg
143 KB, 670x502
>The chief danger to freedom of thought and speech at this moment is not the direct interference of any official body. If publishers and editors exert themselves to keep certain topics out of print, it is not because they are frightened of prosecution but because they are frightened of public opinion. In this country intellectual cowardice is the worst enemy a writer or journalist has to face. … The sinister fact about literary censorship in England is that it is largely voluntary.
>>
>>320486428
isnt that exactly what the people everyone is crying about are doing?
>>
File: obama_censorship.jpg (208 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
obama_censorship.jpg
208 KB, 960x600
If only we all could be anti censorship and support freedom like our based president.
>>
>want cultural enrichment but not in games
>>
File: george-orwell-2.jpg (104 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
george-orwell-2.jpg
104 KB, 1200x1200
>Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.
>>
i agree with shu

many modern jap games pander to pedophiles and shouldnt even come over

japan is a festering pile of demented perversion
>>
>>320486558

They are, I'm referring to those that prefer to do nothing even though they disagree with them.
>>
>>320486651
That's not at all what he's saying.
>>
When I think of the heights this industry was capable of reaching -- on it's off days.

Now everything is centered on nickel and dimeing kids with their parents credit cards, endlessly bitching about some US social war horseshit, fucking AAA titanic lemons every second fortnight, mobile fucking cancer, indie fucking lukemia, MMO, DLC, perpetual alphas, app tie ins, no difficulty levels, no levels, narrative tripe with no fucking game left. Fucking Japanese pulling out over some screeching harpies. Washed out devs, soulless products.

What happened to this industry? I want fucking answers.
>>
America is ruining everything. Europe and south america have little to 0 problems with games.
>>
I propose an exodus from the western countries to eastern countries.

If it working for muslims it should work for us right?

All in favor?
>>
>>320486683
i read the source of the qoute, he talks more about child sexualization and how sick it is

i agree
>>
File: obamasip.jpg (38 KB, 508x595) Image search: [Google]
obamasip.jpg
38 KB, 508x595
>say they are fighting for diversity
>they want to americanize japanese games

explain
>>
>>320486673
so do you not believe those who are fighting are millenials?
>>
>>320484650
It's not about not caring retard, it's the complete opposite. I care so much to avoid shit like Tales of Hearts R I learned an entire language. Stop accepting second best.
>>
>>320486725

This, my opinion of Mexico is on the rise since they give no fucks and love tits.
>>
File: 1449579086015.jpg (105 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449579086015.jpg
105 KB, 1600x1200
>>320486463
you're going to give me money for an altered product regardless
if one normie buys muh gaym I'd be making more money than if I was providing an unaltered product
>>
File: gameboy.jpg (42 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
gameboy.jpg
42 KB, 534x532
>>320483992
The game industry is as dead as the American dream.
>>
>Sexual equality and proper representation of race and transgender ethics in a medium whose most artistic entry is about a bear and bird in a backpack fighting a witch

Every time I read one of these clickbait articles, the DK rap plays in my head.

Video games.

It's gonna hurt
>>
>>320486187
>Time is running out
There's always time to learn Japanese and play old vidya.
>>
>>320486286
There is no reason for an American to learn Chinese.

>Most speakers in the world

Almost all of which who are poor and the not poor chinks speak English. Not to mention as an American you literally cannot hear tones.

Shit ass fucking language and I want 4 years of my life back.
>>
>>320486814
>dont try to fight it, anon, just deal with it
>>
>>320487059
>don't deal with it
>complain on the internet about it
>>
>>320486774
diversity is just a codeword for 'white genocide'
http://thoughtcatalog.com/emily-goldstein/2015/05/get-rid-of-white-people/
>>
>>320487141
>stop talking about what i dont like
>>
>>320487059
I like Japan. I really like Japan. I also like Japanese things and Japanese culture.

I only have so much time in a day and I want to enjoy as much Japanese things as I can during that time. You are telling me that instead of enjoying Japanese things by reasonable Japanese people, I should spend my time trying to convince disgusting gaijin that they are retards?

My opinion is irrelevant. The gaming industry has already moved past me, but Japan hasn't, so instead of trying to make a cancerous piece of shit better, I will spend time enjoying the things I enjoy while retards continue to be retards.

Nothing is ever going to change. Your fight has no meaning. It will all eventually revert back to shit and you will be right back where you started. Before it all comes tumbling down have as much fun as you can. That is the only proper way to live life.
>>
>>320483992
I'm not american, so not my problem at least.
>>
Proof region coding games is a brilliant idea and subtitles should never be included in any game ever.
>>
File: question.jpg (103 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
103 KB, 1600x1200
Why do SJWs want to turn everything american? I thought they were all for "celebrating our differences" and shit.
>>
File: check-your-privilege.jpg (47 KB, 434x305) Image search: [Google]
check-your-privilege.jpg
47 KB, 434x305
>>320483992
> Joyless shitpails cuck a once proud industry

JUST
>>
File: 1450206150474.png (328 KB, 606x416) Image search: [Google]
1450206150474.png
328 KB, 606x416
>>320487235
>>
>>320487256

Defeatism at it's finest.

No thank you, anon. I have a little more self-respect than that.
>>
>>320487256
Sooner or later, the things you enjoy will be affected and you will be one with the retards.
>>
>>320487337
Because America and Europe are the only countries that will put up their shit despite all the pointless amount of time they spend defending worthless Muslims and shitty third worlders with backwards cultures.
>>
File: maghfhg.png (245 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
maghfhg.png
245 KB, 400x400
less sexualized pandering games is a good thing

the more japanese devs are shamed and blocked from realeasing these low hanging pandering concepts, the more of them will take the dignifyed route on making core gameplay the focus of thier games
rather have a good game then a 1 time thrill desu
>>
Same thread for the 5th fucking time
>>
>>320487448
And I'd rather not have shit like Gone Home and Undertale exist.
Doesn't mean I'm going to call for them to be banned or censored, or try to make them not exist.
>>
>>320487008
Is it that much harder than Japanese?
>>
>>320487389
>self-respect

For playing titty filled Filipino pantsu simulators?

>>320487428
They things I enjoy already were effected. What the fuck am I exactly supposed to do though.

>These DLC practices are terrible, everybody don't buy them
>FUCK OFF RETARD DEVS NEED MONEY
>The rampant amount of sequels and cash grabs is astounding, don't buy this trash
>FUCK OFF RETARD YOU JUST HATE FUN
>Being sold a 5 hour game for 60 dollars and then having to purchase a 30 dollar season pass for all the "extra" things they are going to make is a terrible practice you should not support.
>LOL HE'S POOR

The amount of retards in regards to any given subject will always outweigh rational opinions which means from a business perspective if you aren't a retard you will always be ignored. For "serious" issues you can at least do things to illustrate to retards why they are retarded and make them change their minds, but to them video games are just toys so there is absolutely nothing you can do.
>>
>>320485339
>I wasted 200k of someone else's money just so I could play employer
>>
File: tumblr_m3z7i2MQTq1ro8syqo2_250.gif (993 KB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3z7i2MQTq1ro8syqo2_250.gif
993 KB, 230x173
>>320487520
sorry but there comes a time when you put your foot down

the shameless output from japan needs to stop

cheap thrills are a dime a dozen

pandering is toxic
>>
>>320487686
The dead or alive xtreme series is clearly older than you are
>>
>>320487642
>i-i-t's just fanservice! Who cares!
What's getting covered up isn't the subject matter but the act itself of covering something up.
>>
File: fgfgdd.jpg (29 KB, 296x350) Image search: [Google]
fgfgdd.jpg
29 KB, 296x350
>>320487780
im about 30 years old
>>
File: 1447802951541.jpg (657 KB, 1920x3242) Image search: [Google]
1447802951541.jpg
657 KB, 1920x3242
>>
>>320487642
>For playing titty filled Filipino pantsu simulators?

What's wrong with expressing my appreciation for suggestive behavior and the female form through video games? Are you trying to play the shame game now, anon?
>>
>>320487598
They are not comparable languages.

>Japanese
>Primarily alphabets
>Can figure out most words pronunciation from context clues
>Lacks a lot of sounds so very easy to speak
>Unique grammar but nothing too bad
and most importantly
>Japanese people are nice and happy you are learning Japanese

Then you have Chinese
>Every word is a new character
>Every word is said exactly the fucking same
>If you weren't speaking Chinese from the time you were a young child your brain may literally not be able to pick up tones (reserach was done on it)
>You will always sound like a retard to Chinks
>Chinks are worse than the French if you speak Chinese poorly and will literally twist their face in disgust if they are actually from China/Taiwan
>Need to study for like 5-10 years before you can read fucking anything

And the worst fucking part

>Everybody from China has a massively distinct accent so great half the time Chinks cannot barely understand each other even if they are speaking Mandarin and you have literally zero hope of understanding them.

Korean is easy too, but Chinese is the worst.
>>
>first they will come for big anime tits
>than they will come for your freedoms
>s-s-stop laughing!
>>
File: 1448410092124.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448410092124.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>320487849
>>
File: burka[1].jpg (104 KB, 950x672) Image search: [Google]
burka[1].jpg
104 KB, 950x672
>>320487686
We have to stop the degeneracy! proper game characters should look like this
>>
>>320487849
>those badly textures spheres
yew
>>
>>320487807
Who are you quoting?

I didn't even imply that.

>>320487853

>What's wrong with

Nothing. Good luck arguing that to retards though. While you waste your time with that I will continue to Jerk off to Katsumi.
>>
File: 1447806368969.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447806368969.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
>>320487973
>>
>>320488016
>not jerking off to Pai
>>
>>320488016
You implied it when you said
>For playing titty filled Filipino pantsu simulators?
>>
>>320488016
There's always a chance that some spectator retard would rise up from his own retardation.
>>
File: shewinsagain.jpg (11 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
shewinsagain.jpg
11 KB, 183x275
>>320483992

>Cultural differences
> 4th wave feminism
>>
>>320485465
god why is she so fucking desperate?
>>
File: 1449572164256.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449572164256.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>320487986
Fuck off
>>
File: c16[1].jpg (30 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
c16[1].jpg
30 KB, 531x471
>>320488182
>head not covered
That wouldn't be allowed in progressive Sweden, murica has to catch up!
>>
File: ch94qd0ithjhm7m6aiqb.png (470 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
ch94qd0ithjhm7m6aiqb.png
470 KB, 600x538
>>320488182
you would never show or play this game with your family

would you show this game to your dad?

would you play it with your son?
>>
File: Ma capture géniale.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Ma capture géniale.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>
>>320485339
who is that bitch again?
>>
>>320488084
No, you just implied that you have not been on 4chan longer than a month.

>>320488075
>Implying I don't

>>320488158
and for every one that would, 50 wouldn't and the only thing you gained was somebody else who is going to jerk it to Marie.

The idea that you can't release something because back lash of retards disgust me just like "decency" laws do, however I realize it's an issue that is impossible to do anything about given the subject matter.

If you can give me a tangible solution that isn't complain on the internet I will get behind it, but otherwise 日本語を勉強のほうがいいと思う
>>
>>320488357
yeha my dad likes more hardcore stuff
>>
>>320488246
Capcom will censor that too
>>
>>320488235
D'you know what a whore's life is?...I'm serious, this is me lookin' out for ya. Some career advice. A whore's life is five good years, five bad years, and then some half-dick sweat stain grinds you out like a cigarette. Like a goddamn spent cigarette.
>>
>>320488357
>Would you show it to your dad

No.

>Would you play it with your Son

Yes, though it would be weird if he wanted to play with me and not alone.

Also if you were Japaense would you still show that shit to your dad? It's a niche market even in nippon.
>>
File: 1448472053482.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448472053482.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>320488235
>>
>>320488374

looks like a man at first
this is really confusing
>>
File: 1449833336800.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1449833336800.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>320488426
He thinks this
>>
>>320484291

Sony just doesn't enforce region-locking. Companies can regionlock their own games if they want though.
>>
>>320488487
It's shit like this that makes me think, if not just for a second, "Hitler was right."
>>
>>320488357
>would you show this game to your dad?

My dad loves tits as much as I do, so yes

>would you play it with your son?

If he's old enough to appreciate tits, then yes.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-13-46-01.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-13-46-01.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>320488487
That's a humiliating attempt to say "LOOK AT ME I'M AN ADULT"
>>
>>320488547
Lots of people on /v/ must me gay because that look a girls and think of men
>>
File: que.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
que.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>>320486774
I've wondered that too every now and then.
>>
File: 1444996994540.jpg (53 KB, 450x430) Image search: [Google]
1444996994540.jpg
53 KB, 450x430
>>320488374
Super capture famille pour être honnête je secoue ma tête.
>>
>>320488724
No, he's the opposite. He saw an ass that is ambiguous and immediately said "probably a dude." He is probably more attracted to wide hips and feminine features and not that "skinny girls who look like little boys" shit.
>>
>>320488487
Good for her.

And for us.
>>
>>320488487
cause its cash
sex sells, be it weeb waifu sims or trashy pop (Madonna, Gaga - all the same)
>>
File: 1450289973902.jpg (156 KB, 639x856) Image search: [Google]
1450289973902.jpg
156 KB, 639x856
>>320488487
Christ
>>
File: 1445246282071.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445246282071.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 1448472254492.webm (2 MB, 586x720) Image search: [Google]
1448472254492.webm
2 MB, 586x720
>>320488487
>>
>>320483992
I don't blame Sony or Sega as of late for this crap. I blame SJWs and liberals whining about safe spaces in the US. Remember how liberals at one time preached for more rights? Now they want word police so no one's feelings get hurt.
>>
>>320488357
Yes.
I do.
Next.
>>
>>320485182
I would be embarrassed to buy a game with this cover
>>
>no proof the interview ever happened

I hate these articles. What good are they other than hearsay? I can't defend my arguments on shitty website forums with this.
>>
>>320488357
And show him my favourite Senran and explain how great she is.
I'd show him the coolest fighting moves and combos.

>would you play [insert FPS here] with your son?
>would you show it to your dad?
>you shoot people in the head!
>>
File: 1444703913983.jpg (2 MB, 1558x3600) Image search: [Google]
1444703913983.jpg
2 MB, 1558x3600
>>
>>320489017

That's what I don't understand about these neo-liberals. I always thought they were about being open and now they want to censor the shit out of everything. What gives? Or is just hambeasts jealous over video game girls and the white knights hoping to score some play from said hambeats?
>>
>>320484237
>Learning a hard as fuck language to play shovelware-tier shit like DOAX3 and to play SOME other games with slighly more skin showing in their characters

If having anime unsubbed and manga unscanned hasn't done anything to me, then nothing will
>>
File: GqRTEkD.png (38 KB, 615x262) Image search: [Google]
GqRTEkD.png
38 KB, 615x262
>>320489243
>>
>>320488998

Who are her fans now?

Who is going to these concerts?
>>
>>320489332
Kids who discover their sexuality and are having their first faps.

Little girls who see her as an idol and want to be like her.
>>
>>320485465
>>320488487
>>320488998
Why does this get /v/ so mad? Yet waifu loli is perfectly okay
>>
>>320489271
I've heard these chuckle fucks called the "regressive left," wonder if that will stick. Just shows you go too far to either side of the spectrum you end up full retard.
>>
File: 1440031809068.png (26 KB, 99x141) Image search: [Google]
1440031809068.png
26 KB, 99x141
>>320483992
Fucking liberal americunts.
Thank god the PS4 is region free at least.
Time to learn some moon.
>>
>>320489397
>Little girls who see her as an idol and want to be like her.
But it's videogames who are damaging society!
>>
>>320489271
It's not hambeasts, it's a bunch of double standard hypocrisy bullshit that is common nowadays. These fucking idiots preach about tolerance, then they cuss out anyone for not thinking like they do and want to censor anything that upsets them. Meanwhile on the right I have people losing their shit over anything that over religious rights like gay marriage, but then they want to monitor all Muslims. More double standard hypocrisy bullshit.
>>
>>320489401
It's ok when anime girls do it.
>>
>>320489401
2D Waifus are persecuted.
3DPD filth is on the other hand allowed to thrive. Despite being worse.
>>
>>320489663
The hypocrisy is sickening.
>>
>>320489663
>2D Waifus are persecuted
Are they? Are you talking about the people complaining about the loli stuff or what?
>>
File: 1449445219966.png (325 KB, 1822x1541) Image search: [Google]
1449445219966.png
325 KB, 1822x1541
JUST CENSOR MY FREE SPEECH UP
>>
>>320490034
>can't help but agree
>authoritarian society

Do they even understand what they are saying?
>>
>>320490034
is that neofag? cba to read it all
>>
>>320490034
>actually having such little self-reflection that you'd denounce someone for dehumanizing others by dehumanizing them
I think for some people reading the words they type out is the first and only time they ever examine what they believe.
and then they post something like that anyway
>>
>>320486774
"Diversity" and "Cultural Appropriation" are just dogwhistle words for Anglo Cultural Chauvinists.
>>
>>320489663
Cause it's far easier to censor imported goods, than homeland music industry (that is mostly owned by the same corporations who own leftist media).
But make no mistake, if illiberal islam-loving scum gets more power they will come for everything, just look at what happens in Sweden https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wP7_yY9m5GM#t=3418
>>
>>320490034
non-white? lol
>>
File: 1450306913401.gif (179 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1450306913401.gif
179 KB, 540x336
Remember that they think they're the same as you are.

Both you and they think you're saving video games.

Both you and they think you have the moral high ground.

Both you and they shitpost incessantly.

Just look at that petition that was getting posted yesterday. Instead of being about video games, which is something I actually would have supported, it was about stupid petty bullshit and complaining and "woe-is-me" self-victimizing trash. It wasn't a positive thing focused on video games, it was a negative thing focused on people the author didn't like. That'll never get anywhere.

If you want to oppose the people who criticize these types of games in a productive manner, there are three things you have to do.

>1. Be polite. Don't meander from the issues, don't attack anyone's character, and don't place blame.

This is already impossible for most of you.

>2. Make your beliefs public and engage the wider community.

You'll never convince anyone of anything if you're only posting what you think on /v/. You're talking at people, not to them, and you haven't left the group of people that agree with you. Do you think vidya journalists effect change by shitposting here? No, it's through their blogs or reviews or twitter that they share their views.

But none of you want to do this.

3. Accept that you may be wrong on some things. Learn to compromise.

This is the killer. For the few willing to get this far, fewer still pass it. After all, you're trying to enforce your beliefs, why would you change them? But you need to accept that in the infinite vastness of human knowledge, the odds that you're wrong about SOMETHING approach 100%. If you get bogged down in a holy war, and fall for the "I'm the good guy, they're the bad guys" rhetoric, you'll never get anywhere.

These are what you have to do, to get what you want done. Are you willing to do it?
>>
File: not_even_sure_if_this_is_fake.jpg (72 KB, 682x761) Image search: [Google]
not_even_sure_if_this_is_fake.jpg
72 KB, 682x761
>>320483992
> 2015
> Blaming SJWs for this

Jesus Christ. How stupid can people be?

This is 100% the fault of game journalists. 100%. No-one, no-one in this industry would give a flying monkey's hairy shit about SJWs or feminism or culture justice flame wars or any of that fucking jazz if game journalists and their shitty blogs hadn't jumped on that bandwagon back in 2012.

They pushed this. They loaded themselves up on an agenda, for clickbait hits and so that they could shit on the playerbase from ever loftier "moral" heights. The transition from "gamers are entitled" to "gamers are sexists" to "gamers are online death cult terrorists" came, 110% from the offices of the likes of Kotaku, Polygon and RPS. They didn't need SJWs or radical academic queer theories to do any of it. They did it for clicks and because of their deep seated hatred for us and for this industry.

Fucking Japanese devs are throwing their hands up at the US market and it is 100% the fault of those PR whore gaem jarnalitzs. Every one of those outlets needs to burn. This is now an industry-wide AIDS outbreak.
>>
>>320491820
fuck off back to neofag you retard
>>
>>320485347
This just goes to show you it's nothing new

The world isn't ending

Just same old same old
>>
File: 1282924378013.jpg (100 KB, 606x603) Image search: [Google]
1282924378013.jpg
100 KB, 606x603
>>320491820
>cultural marxists
>nerd-hating leftist media
>upper class teenage SJWs

>saving video games
>>
>>320490034
It pisses me off how many industry people still hang out in that shithole.
>>
>>320491905
>no realizing that journouliers are infested with SJW ideology and radfeminism to the max
>>
>>320492027
I though they had banned anyone who disagrees long time ago
>>
>>320489271
You're focusing on the worst of the worst of the left, just like the bible belt of the right. That's all it is. A vocal minority.
>>
>>320492008
Except SJWs are here to stay. SJWs are not a trend like what the hippies were even though they're still actually around such as in universities and government.
>>
>>320492024
That's what they believe, anon. Just as you believe they're not.

Know your enemy etc.

>>320491924
OK
>>
>>320490034
>racists are subhuman
The irony
>>
thanks doc

Anyone else tired of seeing this same exact op every other day
>>
>>320486098
Everyone in this whole debacle feels like a retarded 12 year old. The understanding of censorship, localization, and politics here is childish as fuck. Look at this dumbass shitting on your house metaphor and tell me that's the work of a coherent adult. I did not think I would ever find a topic which /v/ was actually worse at discussing than video games, but here we are.
>>
>>320486705
You grew up.
>>
>>320483992
>yoshida
>sony boss

yoshida is just "sony world wide studio boss"
true sony boss is kaz and sce boss is andrew.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.