[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the general consensus on the steam controller? Have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: steam c.jpg (40 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
steam c.jpg
40 KB, 600x337
What is the general consensus on the steam controller? Have you tried it yet?
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>320483583
I am using it to browse 4chan right now.
>>
>>320484258
I'm a bit worried about the quality. Is it true that it feels like it's going to break in less than a year of use?
>>
>>320484448
Doesn't feel cheaper than anything else I have used. I don't care for it while playing FPS but I used it to play Planetbase for like 9 hours.
>>
Where the fuck do you buy this thing in Canada anyway? Why the fuck can't you order it through the Steam app?

Goddamn it, Valve is retarded.
>>
>>320484448

It's pretty plastic-y. But I doubt you'll break the thing unless you've got fucking gorilla hands.

The thing is comfy as fuck once you get used to it, and the configuration software is god-tier. Hard to give up having that much customization once you get used to it.

However, the dpad is garbage and the shoulder buttons and triggers kinda suck. Luckily, the grips and trackpad more than mke up for the shit build quality. Honestly I expect they'll release another version that feels like less of a toy in a year or two, call that shit premium. It solves basically all your PC/controller problems if you use big picture a lot, so it's still relatively decent. Don't expect it to replace a real controller for PC gaming, though. It's pretty much a side luxury.
>>
>>320484737
Sorry Canada, I got mine on steam.
>>
>>320484805
that's what i wanted to know. My xbox 360 died and i wanted a new controller to play dragons dogma but i really doubt it can compete with a real controller.
>>
>>320483583
it's like linux of controllers
>>
>>320485232

Dragon dogma isn't a game that needs a mouse so you're better off with the xbone

If you actually wanted comfy playing on games that work best with a mouse then yea the steam one is best
>>
>>320484737
I just walked into a EB games and grabbed mine. Just keep an eye out for them, they're around.
>>
>>320485424
https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Steam+controller

Could have just checked the site too
>>
>>320484737
I could order it through the Steam app and I live in fucking England. That is retarded.
>>
Played deponia with it a while ago with som friends. It enable you to play games made for pc on the tv instead, which is useless If you're playing alone as you might as well play on the pc. But If you got buds over at your place you can any steam game with them
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.