[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XV new official survey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: c5f3ada4.jpg (13 KB, 476x122) Image search: [Google]
c5f3ada4.jpg
13 KB, 476x122
Square Enix: would you buy FFXV if it released the same time as Persona 5?

> FFXV
> Persona 5
> Both

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/

Survey is pretty long for anyone who wants to do it.
>>
Persona is actually a threat to FF? I thought it was on the upper end of niche. Successful, but not on that scale. Did FFXIII and the first version of XIV actually hurt sales that much?
>>
File: df8c02ca.jpg (41 KB, 484x516) Image search: [Google]
df8c02ca.jpg
41 KB, 484x516
>>320481627
They ask two Persona 5 questions at the end. This, and what makes P5 appealing.

It's the only game they explicitly state, besides the generic will you buy list, which mean it will prob come out in Summer against P5
>>
>>320481627
FF isn't the power house it used to be. The last real success they had was 10.
11 and 14 are MMO so it can't really be compared
12 wasn't received as well as the previous ones
The XIII trilogy was a mess. XIII sold on its name, but you can't know a game is shit until you play it, and even with the huge sale figures it doesn't mean it was profitable considering how much it cost them to make. XIII-2 and Lightning Returns both sold less than their predecessor. Now keep in mind FFXV has been in production for 10 years, it needs to sell REALLY well to be worth it; in fact it's almost a certainty it will be a financial lost but they're finishing it so they at least minimizes the damages.
>>
>we want the fatlus audience
first teenagers, now this. it's ogre, square had a good run.
>>
File: 1443408074718.jpg (55 KB, 1086x821) Image search: [Google]
1443408074718.jpg
55 KB, 1086x821
>SE scared of P5
>>
>>320481627
Actually yeah, SE games are received poorly these days. Fatlus on the other hand is starting to gather a huge following. Most of it will probably have to do with them developing this game for a decade. They need it to have no real threats so they can rake in the money they need to break even, which they never will.
>>
I would buy P5 over FFXV in a heartbeat.

That being said I'll still buybFFXV when it's like $40 or something.
>>
P5: Two boys, a girl and a cat, turn-based battle system that lets you control all characters and requires strategy to win
FFXV: Four homos, can only play as the bottom bitch of the party, hold square to win
I'd be scared to if I took 10 years to make such a boring game
>>
>>320481627
Not in the west, but on the moon yeah.
>>
>>320481627
In Japan yeah. P5 would impact sales because they are both RPG franchises.
>>
>>320483496
>strategy
Not really. This is weak against that, always use THAT. Basically you poke enemies the first time to find the weakness and go on auto-pilot every time you see the same thing in the dungeon.
>>
>>320484173
In Persona, that's the basic minimum you have to do, then there's more for stronger enemies, bosses, endgame dungeons.
In modern FF that's the most that's required of you and for most enemies you can just ignore it.
>>
I think they shouldn't be much of a hindrance to each other, but Persona has also grown a whole lot in the last past few years, well past beyond the "anime club" audience to something normalfags would even consider buying now because a lot of other people are going to.
>>
>>320484351
"Modern" FF is literally just the 13 series because of how delayed V13/XV is. There used to be alot of preparation for older optional content in FF games.

I don't think there is a single non-boss in P4 that required thought outside of just using whatever its weakness was. I feel the weakness system needs an overhaul because you just prod till you find the weakness and just do the same attack to exploit it over and over.

All we've seen from XV is tech demos, and from the Duscae demo all it was is basic enemies and you always were able to either auto-play that shit or mash the attack command because it literally doesn't matter for fodder enemies.
>>
>>320481627
Last I remember both P5 and FFXV were in the top 5 of most anticipated games for Japan. I could see it affecting the sales.

As for me I would take P5 over FFXV, I've been waiting for 10 years another year or two wont hurt.
>>
>>320481627
They're asking about like 20 different games and a ton of questions about stuff like if you're a full-time employee or what type of industry do you work in. It's a very broad survey about what their audience is like. It doesn't have anything to do with P5 or any other game.
>>
>>320481627
It's consistently in the top 5 most wanted games in the Famitsu polls, on par in terms of votes with FFXV and DQXI. It got big.
>>
File: planning to buy.jpg (87 KB, 742x582) Image search: [Google]
planning to buy.jpg
87 KB, 742x582
>>320485096
>>
>>320485192
You're forgetting how irrelevant and non-representative the Famitsu polls actually are. Remember when The Last Remnant PS3 was consistently at the top for most wanted games for years? Nobody sane would claim that TLR is a big franchise.
>>
File: glorious smartphone future.jpg (97 KB, 729x853) Image search: [Google]
glorious smartphone future.jpg
97 KB, 729x853
>>320485505
>>
File: P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg (66 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg
66 KB, 600x338
>>
File: why do you play vidya.jpg (82 KB, 750x443) Image search: [Google]
why do you play vidya.jpg
82 KB, 750x443
>>320485791
>>
>>320482138
That's kind of sad to be honest. I hope the game sells amazingly well and they profit from it.
>>
>>320486269
The game itself probably won't be profitable just based on how long it's been in development. Maybe if you only count the budget of the latest iteration, it woukd be profitable based on that, but there is still all that earlier waste it has to account for.

The real important thing is fixing the damage the last few games have done to the fanbase and trust in the franchise. If they can get people to think "FF is back!" thst will probably be more valuable in the long term.
>>
>>320482138
That's not exactly true. From the mainline series, XII did better than I-VI or IX. XIII-2 and Lightning Returns selling less is par de course for the sequels in this series, and the XIII trilogy by itself sold nearly as much as the whole Tales series since its inception. And as for XV, the director said it didn't cost nearly as much as people imagine.
>>
>>320484634
The difficulty in dungeons in Persona - SMT in general really - is resource management. Especially early on in the game and on harder difficulties, you have to conserve your HP/SP because healing is scarce. Yeah figuring out the weaknesses is easy as shit, but you have to decide if it's worth using an elemental spell they're weak to or just plowing through with physical or just running away.

Granted this really goes down the drain usually fairly early on, and in Persona it's nowhere near as important as it is in SMT. But there's plenty of out of combat gameplay to make up for it and some strategizing in the fusion of demons.
>>
File: favorite settings.jpg (71 KB, 728x349) Image search: [Google]
favorite settings.jpg
71 KB, 728x349
>high-school
>modern Japan
>teenager protag
Fuck no.
>the MC is a bad guy
>adult protagonist
>based on real world history
Aw yiss.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.