[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going to be honest here. The only MGS that I have played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: 6ZwXQgKm_400x400[1].jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6ZwXQgKm_400x400[1].jpg
21 KB, 400x400
I am going to be honest here. The only MGS that I have played is MGS3 and that was back in 2005 and I really loved it but my PS2 broke after that and I have yet to buy another console.I still wish I would get a chance in my lifetime to play MGS3 again.

The only thing I know about MGS is that it's made by Hideo Kojima and that's all I know about Kojima too. I don't follow his twitter or anything.

So my question is, what happened to Kojima? As far as I know, he retired from Konami recently, right? Or was he fired or something? Because in the news there's a new hideo kojima logo and on his twitter he's saying "Thanks guys I will keep what I am doing" and shit.

What happened to Kojima? Please forgive my slowness.
>>
kojima and konami had some differences, cancelled sillent hills that he was working on, it affected mgsv too, he got fired, konami did it's best to make his life hell and now they are seen as the hitler.

Konami "banned" from going to the tgx to receive an award for mgsv and Geoff threw them under the bus, yesterday his contract ended, he left and made a new Kojipro
>>
Its a shame you only played MGS3 because is is by far the worst one.
>>
File: MGS Legacy collection.jpg (142 KB, 960x569) Image search: [Google]
MGS Legacy collection.jpg
142 KB, 960x569
>>320478590
First of all, get a cheap PS3 + MGS Legacy Collection. That way you'll get the WHOLE series on a single console, most of them in glorious HD. If you wanna do it "right", play in the release order (1-2-3-4-PW-GZ-TPP).

>So my question is, what happened to Kojima?
tl;dr: Konami became bunch of Jews, started wanting to get out of AAA game industry and focus on cheap and more profitable mobile and Patchinko games. They also wanted to have more strict control over things happening inside their base.
Kojima's expressionistic, multi-million dollar, cinematic home-console games didn't quite fit this new Konami ideology, so he was cucked towards the end, barely allowing him to finish MGS5. His name was removed from the MGS5 cover, the Silent Hills project Kojima was going to direct was killed completely, and the playable teaser (PT) game taken off PSN Store. Kojima Productions LA was taken down too.

Now Kojima's set up a new Kojima Productions team with the Sony, and has started his new project.

>>320478887
fuck off.
>>
>>320478590
Hey faggot, go google it yourself. Or if you want spoonfeeding, go to the Metal Gear reddit and stay there.

Only shitposting and dank memes are allowed in neo-/v/
>>
>>320478887
Good joke anon, we all know that MGS2 is the worst one
>>
File: mugi.jpg (176 KB, 1872x1064) Image search: [Google]
mugi.jpg
176 KB, 1872x1064
Kojima and his team disagreed with some of the decisions Konami made at the start of the year, they're moving toward mobile, gambling and microtransactions and away from AAA gaming. They also allegedly have terrible working conditions, like cutting off all internet for the company, giving assigned email addresses and swapping them around every few days and some real extreme shit like randomly moving a programmer to being a literal janitor with no warning, just because they did something small wrong.

We don't know the full details, but around April Kojima stepped down from being vice president at Konami (he was likely pressured to), his name was removed from game covers, and his team (Kojima Productions) was removed from box art too, replaced with just "Konami", and rumors started going around that he and other executives from his team planned on leaving the company when their contract expired in December (which they clearly did). It was around this point Silent Hills was cancelled, likely because he'd told Konami he planned on leaving, and thus wouldn't be able to make it.

Recently Konami have been treating him like shit, banning him from going to the game aards and doing a lot of other shit, we really don't know why, but it seems someone high up there really doesn't like the guy.

Now, he's gone solo, and made a new Kojima Productions separate from Konami, but made up of members of his previous team who also left Konami, and he's making a new franchise, the first game of which will be on PS4 and (later) PC, this deal was probably because they needed funding for the game.
>>
>>320479019
this, to be honest, my family
>>
>>320478975
>>320479008
>Delusional MG3 Fags keep thinking it was the best

>>320479083
>Worst game isn't Peace Walker or Portable Ops
>>
>>320478975
>Now Kojima's set up a new Kojima Productions team with the Sony, and has started his new project.
His new team is not with Sony. He just signed an exclusivity deal for the PS4 since he needed funding to make the game.
>>
>>320478590
He's kinda famous for the sake of being famous really/

Metal gear solid 1 was an incredibly good game that has aged well.

Konami is a corporation, and its fun and coool to hate corporations in the west. Gaming no longer made Konami money so they moved onto other industries that did. Its trendy to hate them if you want to be cool and hangout with the cool kids. le fuk konamie
>>
File: HIDEO, KOJIMA, AND....png (415 KB, 592x720) Image search: [Google]
HIDEO, KOJIMA, AND....png
415 KB, 592x720
>>320478590
There once a man called Hideo Kojima

Pretty much in early 00s he furcated into two different guys

Hideo

and

Kojima

After the success of MGS3 Hideo was kept in prison for about 10 years

Now in the end of 2015 Hideo and Kojima merged into one man again, but this time it's a new guy entirely
>>
>>320479064
>>320478975
>>320478858
Thanks guys. I was going to buy MGS5 on Steam but thought it would be shit because of all this Kojima-konami shit. Is it worth it? Is it a true Kojima game?
>>
>>320479205
from Konami two phantoms were born
hideo and kojima
>>
>>320479238
It's the shittest metal gear game in my opinion, it's also unfinished and ends abruptly.
>>
>>320479238
Yes, it is made by Kojima.

Clearly Hideo wasn't involved
>>
>>320479083
>>320479019
Shit taste.
>>320479140
Portable Ops is ok and Peace Walker is ok
>>
So which MGS games are better?
The ones made by Hideo, or the ones by Kojima?
>>
>>320479238
>Is it worth it?

Take everything that makes Metal Gear iconic, fun and good and remove it from a game. What are you left with? MGS 5

An action game with zero substance. It's fun but it's not a Metal Gear game by any stretch.

1~4 have story and gameplay
5 just has the gameplay
>>
>>320479238
If you've not played the other games, you have the advantage, since the biggest complaint with it is that it has a bad story. The gameplay is fantastic, and will be even more enjoyable if you're not a proper fan of the series.
The Konami-Kojima shit hasn't really affected the game much, but there are microtransactions. Thankfully, they're probably the least intrusive way you could have microtransactions so it's not a big deal at all.
It is definitely worth it.
The first 30 missions are great, and then the game ends. After that, there is still stuff to do, but it's most replaying existing missions but harder, which isn't too great. The first 30 missions will last you at least 30 hours though, and if you do sideops, it'll be much more.
Game is a lot of fun, the best in the series, story's not so great if you're a fan though.
>>
>>320478590
Kojima's been a pioneer of various videogame series for decades, the Metal Gear-series, Snatcher and Policenauts being his most well known IPs.

He's kinda special guy in a sense that for the most of his career, he's been acting like a legit director for his project. He wrote and guided the development of his titles, often demanding some truly exceptional, sometimes plain out weird features to be implemented. The whole idea for MG for example started from his game idea about a homosexual Rambo, believe it or not.

What happened in the past couple years is quite well summarized by >>320478975 and >>320479064 . Konami went total bonkers, and even tried to control the information on the internet, trying to shut down Youtube channels and remove critic videos about them. In other words, they've been digging their own grave.

>>320479140
MGS3 is easily in the top-3 MGS games ever created.
PW was fucking awesome.
Fuck off.

>>320479425
>Shit taste.
Says you.
>>
>>320479587
>and even tried to control the information on the internet
from the company that makes mgs this is pretty funny
>>
File: Nuclear.png (590 KB, 2570x600) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear.png
590 KB, 2570x600
>>320479445
Hideo, no doubt

But Kojima isn't THAT bad desu fampai
>>
File: 1450272078240.jpg (89 KB, 476x442) Image search: [Google]
1450272078240.jpg
89 KB, 476x442
>>
File: kojima - man without Konami.jpg (125 KB, 1498x842) Image search: [Google]
kojima - man without Konami.jpg
125 KB, 1498x842
>>320479847
>>
File: that was ours.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
that was ours.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Basically Ground Zeroes but MSF is Kojima and XOF is Konami
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.