[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear Westaboos, Don't you ever get tired of shooters? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: FuyYi.gif (748 KB, 1280x573) Image search: [Google]
FuyYi.gif
748 KB, 1280x573
Dear Westaboos,

Don't you ever get tired of shooters? I mean, it's the same shit again and again and again. You run down some halls, shoot people with generic guns, rinse and repeat. The environments are all the same shit too. Don't you get bored? Why don't you play fighting games instead? You get way more of an adrenaline rush from a fighting game match than these shitty shooters. What's the matter, not manly enough to handle hand to hand combat?
>>
Every bit of bait deserves at least one reply.
>>
File: 1448695384382.png (4 KB, 210x229) Image search: [Google]
1448695384382.png
4 KB, 210x229
Dear Weeaboos.

Don't you ever get tired of JRPGS? I mean, it's the same shit again and again and again. You run down some halls, shoot people with generic guns, rinse and repeat. The environments are all the same shit too. Don't you get bored? Why don't you play fighting games instead? You get way more of an adrenaline rush from a round of Counter Strike. What's the matter, not manly enough to handle shooting another man?
>>
>>320477948
you had one job.
>>
>>320477948
Nice try, but jrpgs aren't the same thing over and over again. Shooters are the same game fucking reskinned. What's even the difference between CoD, Battlefield, Halo, and similar shit?
>>
Dear vidyaboos,

Don't you ever get tired of vidya? I mean, it's the same shit again and again and again. You run down some halls, shoot people with generic guns, rinse and repeat. The environments are all the same shit too. Don't you get bored? Why don't you play rugby instead? You get way more of an adrenaline rush from a rugby match than these shitty shooters. What's the matter, not manly enough to handle hand to hand combat?
>>
yep modern shooters are trash
they all try to be the same game which was popular several years ago
>>
File: 1448507867816.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1448507867816.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>320478665
>jrpgs arent the same thing over and over again.

This is objectively false.
>>
File: 446_1000.jpg (298 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
446_1000.jpg
298 KB, 1000x1333
>east
-rpg
-simulators
-VN
-fighting
-platform

>west
-shooter
-rpg
-arpg
-rts
-puzzle
-simulator
-MMO
-action
-platform
-racing
-sports

can we stop this meme that east is better than the west?
>>
>>320478847
Arena shooters were trash too, don't kid yourself. You ever watch Quake being played? It looked awful.
>>
>>320477948
Eh, they are not the same storywise per se. The problem is that most of the time the characters are cliche animu cardboard cutouts in different settings. Especially if the main selling point of the game are cute girls.
>>
>>320478913
East having fighters makes it better than west by default, westaboo.
>>
>>320479167
Most fighting games are complete shit like most shooters.
>>
>>320479239
Wrong. Fighters take skill, even the shittier ones like MK take more skill than point and click: the game.
>>
>>320478913
Western action games are total garbage, though. Japan's responsible for almost all the best arcade racing games. Also western RPGs, FPS or RTS are either dead or have become so shitty that it'd be better if they were dead. You also forgot to list beat em ups, shoot em ups, rhythm games and survival horror when it comes to japan.
>>
>>320479028
you are objectively wrong
>>
> eastern games
> good
When will this meme end?
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x281
>>320478665
>Nice try, but jrpgs aren't the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>320477713
It helps that there's only a good one every few years or so
>>
>>320479431
>that it'd be better if they were dead
Everything is at this point anon. What are you on about?
>>
>>320479341

Then why aren't you a well known CS:GO pro?
>>
>>320479638
Not fighting games. Fighters are doing better than ever.
>>
>>320479687
Because I don't like boring ass realism army shit. Hence why I love jrpgs.
>>
>>320479341

Fighters can be good, the problem is that most fighters are 2D, Tekken 3 raped 2D 20 years ago, why weeaboos still play shit like SF and study hitboxes is beyond me.
>>
>>320479876
How is being 2d bad? 2d isn't some shit you discard because 3d exists. This shit is why we have no more contra games, because people think Halo and CoD existing means 2d shooters are pointless.
>>
>>320478896
Nice image there proving the other guys point.
>>
>>320479798
But you easily could be if you tried?
>>
>>320480651
Yeah, aiming and clicking isn't hard man. Turn based rpgs require more strategizing than shooters, they're thinking man games.
>>
>>320479876
I play both soulcalibur and street fighter.
theyre completely different beasts, anon.

2d ends up having quite a few more aerial juggle moves and complex combos, while 3d is more about the repositioning and counter game.

Understanding this is why people at base skill level with sigfried and nightmare especially nightmare are always sitting at the top of rooms.

the block and high-priority into high damage move punishment game is heavy in 3d, to the point where 1 mistake equals gg no re.

2d is the same with combo juggling, but it takes more inputs to complete a full cycle of combos in 2d.
>>
furthermore, nightmare and siggy require very little inputs to do high damage, similar to jin in tekken, though the move is easy to see coming, its fucking impossible to avoid when its executed on a counter, much like siggys and nightmares high priority attacks, or Ryus shoryuken. but I digress.
>>
>>320477713

I don't just play shooting games, I play the shit out of strategy games and I like a lot of western RPGs and driving games.

That said I don't like weeb-trash turn-based nonsense games or VN's, so I don't play a lot of Japanese games unless they're by From or Kojima.
>>
>>320482035
what is your opine on fftactics and disgaea?
>>
>>320477713
Fighting games are shit autist JUST tier

Fuck off
>>
File: 1450168160328.jpg (89 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1450168160328.jpg
89 KB, 540x960
Fighting games require skill. Shooting games require you pressing the R2 trigger once the auto-aim is done.

This is why westaboos will stick to their "competitive" FPS games.
>>
>>320482168

I like FF Tactics, Advanced Wars, MG Ac!d, but haven't played Disgaea. Those grid based tactic games aren't bad though.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.