[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I play this game without breaking it? I'm still in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
How do I play this game without breaking it? I'm still in White Orchard, explored the entire area and them went on to do the gryphon quest. It bugged out because I found the next earlier while exploring and read that I'm locked out of a future quest already. Exploring seemed kinda useless anyway because most treasure was shit. Am I playing in the wrong order, or do you get to the places of interest eventually while doing quests or something? I don't want to break more quests, but I also don't want to just hop from objective to objective while ignoring the rest of the world.
>>
>>320477307
itscool
>>
>>320477356
Alright buddy.

I mean nest btw, not next.
>>
>>320477307
>I found the next earlier
You what?
>>
>>320477307
Nah you won't break anything. You might miss some things here or there but that's just the way it works.
>>
>>320477931
Any order for doing things then? I never had to find the hunter or the herbalist because the nest didn't need exploration anymore and I already had buckthorn. The quest will complete normally but I think this is kind of a dumb way to design a game. Character interactions are pretty important in a game like this do why the fuck am I being punished for exploring.
>>
>>320478258
you're not being punished for exploring, i think you just broke the quest. i had trouble with that one too because i picked buckthorn before i started it and i never got to talk to the herbalist. i never had any problems like this once i left white orchard though, so you can explore all you want when you get out of the tutorial level.
>>
>>320478258

Just talk to vesimer.
>>
>>320478570
That's a relief, seems to be mainly this quest then.
>>
>>320478662
also, if you decide to import your own witcher 2 save make sure you import the right one, because i was like 50 hours in before i realized i imported an old autosave on accident and half of my choices didn't make it in.
>>
>>320478661
Yeah this will complete normally, the problem is that when you find the next early, the hunter will not take you there, which will rob you of his story and you lose out on 350xp. Same thing with the herbalist, finding buckthorn early skips her substep.
>>
Just went on to kill the Griffin. Shot it with a crossbow, it fell on the mill in an eternal free fall and glitched out. Killed it with arrows but it won't die even though it went into a dying animation. Battle will not end, will have to reload.

So far the start of this game has been terrible, nothing but glitches. Not happy with this at all.
>>
>>320478824
>next early
STAHP
>>
>>320482685
I'm a mobile user, sorry :^)
>>
It didn't "bug out" you just won't have to ask the hunter to show you to the nest since you've already found it

shaking my head
>>
>>320484059
I know that, but it failed the quest step. I read up on it and it seems to glitch the hunter, he won't give you future quests related to him.
>>
>>320481850
you're having the most unlucky start lol. i hope you keep playing, it's a great game.
>>
>>320485923
Will keep on playing because I really like the small stories. Geralt piecing together the story of the noon wraith almost me cry.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.