[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best game of the decade so far and on the list of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13
File: dishonored.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
dishonored.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
This is the best game of the decade so far and on the list of the best games ever. I know it gets some flack around these parts for being too easy and it's "bad ending", but it's still fucking excellent. Dishonored is the shit.
>>
File: Rainbows.jpg (12 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
Rainbows.jpg
12 KB, 191x234
>Dishonored CGI trailer showing off you doing cool shit
>Eh, it'll play nothing like this
>Game comes out
>It plays exactly like it
>>
meh, couldn't really get into it, seemed too dull and boring for me, kind of like Skyrim, it looks nice and the atmosphere is great but just something is missing.
>>
Honestly no other game has come close for me. Don't even know why I'm not into fantasy and normally hate anything set in Victorian setting. I think the game just played so well and was so immersive...
>>
>hey look at all these cool gadgets and neat ways to kill enemies

>blink and coldsteel your way through the game

Yeah fuck off. 6/10.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>320475521
>He's a cuck that played in an unfun way because he's a moralfag that wants MUH GOOD ENDING
Scum like you doesn't deserve to enjoy masterpieces like Dishonored. The "bad" ending is better in every conceivable way, as is the final level in the "bad" path.
>>
>Brought the game without know there were multiple endings
>Kill everyone since i always play that way in games
>Boat dude breaks my heart in final mission and ending cutscene makes me feel like a psychopath

fuck man, this game is great
>>
I knew the way to get the best ending was to not kill anyone. As I was playing the game you get so much cool shit that doing a pure pacifist run seemed like such a waste. I had such a hard time both killing anyone, and continuing to play knowing I wasn't getting the best ending that I ended up just quitting altogether. Has GOAT speedruns though.
>>
>>320475674
same
game was great
dlc was great
even trials were great
>tfw when you played 110 hours of dishonored and you go outside and start checking out places you can blink to
>all my friends were experiencing this as well
>>
This is actually on my list of games I need to restart, never did a full psychopath run, I genuinely enjoyed sneaking around finding all the places I could Blink to.
Gonna use Wind Blast and some of the other fun "loud" powers.
>>
I didn't like how blinking used up the exact amount of magic that regenerated, but you had to wait after blinking otherwise you'd burn through your magic and not all of it would return, I thought the forced waiting was stupid if the game was going to let you blink infinitely anyway, so I used a trainer to get unlimited magic so I could blink more, and got distracted by how fun blinking around was and then just stopped playing when I got tired of that.

So I guess I'm the stupid one.

I was also trying to do a no-kill one while going for the secret target-execution things without looking up how to do them and got tired of trying to beat the brothel level. I never feel like picking it back up.

The world was cool, the lore was cool, the other world was hella cool, the alligator-dogs were kinda dumb.
>>
>>320475521
That was your own choice, though. Stop blaming the game because you're an uncreative sack of shit, and can't play it in your own way.
>>
I don't think I ever played a game with literally NO difficulty whatsoever until this one. So I guess it deserves some credit for that. Never before has a video game gone so goddamn far out of its way to undermine itself at every turn.

It's honestly pretty impressive, when you think about it.
>>
>>320474728
Totally agree, anon.
>>
>>320476870
Hard games are cool, amirite? xD
>>
So this game is worth it? I always thought it was mediocre at best. Is the remaster worth it?
>>
Counting the dlc it's probably my favorite game from last gen but there's not a lot of competition for that spot. Most of the criticisms of it I've heard are legitimate though.
>>
Dishonored was the closest thing we've had to a real Thief game since Thief 3, and for that alone I love it.
>>
>>320477752
If you're getting it for consoles you might as well get the DE because it comes with all the dlc (I think), which is good. But it isn't some amazing graphical upgrade and its not better than the pc version, if you were thinking about that.
>>
>inb4 le bad game because there are le consequences for my le actions fucking retards
>>
>>320474728
Are you sure its the best game of the decade so far?

Because im sure its not
>>
Do I remember completely wrong, but wasn't there going to be remastered version of some sort in PS4? Or was it released already?
Not a fan of remasters, but didn't have a change to play this earlier and was thinking that I could pick this up.
I just love that victorian/gothic setting in games, so I think I should get this.
>>
>>320475661
It's less about wanting a good ending and more about not wanting levels to be infested with shitty plague zombies because that's what happens when you play the game the fun way.
>>
I loved Dark Messiah. Would I like this?
>>
>>320478474
>quicksave
>kill everything, have fun
>reload save
>play the game without killing everything
Ez, m8
>>
>>320478290
It wasn't much of a remaster, basically a GOTY edition with all DLC running at higher resolution. So it is a remaster but it's not all that noticeable.If its an option I'd recommend the pc version because I heard it still runs better, and mouse aim would help with some of the more precise trickery you can do, but the DE isn't a bad choice.
>>
File: 1447533563149.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1447533563149.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>320478571
I liked Dark Messiah and I also liked this. The swordfighting is more simple though, which is disappointing.
And there's no kick, but sliding into people can be a fun alternative.
>>
File: asdsad.jpg (510 KB, 1280x1476) Image search: [Google]
asdsad.jpg
510 KB, 1280x1476
Dumping a few pics.
>>
>>320478754

Ok, thanks for clearing that. I don't have a gaming pc so PS4 version is my only option.
Just checked and my local gameshop has it for 34 euros, I guess thats not bad price for it?
>>
>>320478290
The PS4 version is pretty good. If it's the only option that's available to you then buy it. Last I looked it was £30 full price on PSN but it regularly drops to half that during sales.
>>
>>320474728
What a forgettable game. Everything about it is just an uninspired mishmash of other things.
>>
File: fsdf.jpg (54 KB, 600x781) Image search: [Google]
fsdf.jpg
54 KB, 600x781
>>320478905
>>
>>320478290
I got it on PS3 and kind of disliked it, but a year or so later I picked up on steam and fell in love with it. Get it on PC if you can.
>>
This game is really bad at communicating stealth.
>>
>>320478474
> play game the fun way
> kill enemies
> more plague zombies
> more enemies to slay
> somehow this diminishes the fun

Retard
>>
>>320479086
They're not fun to fight, guards are.
>>
File: CQYuYsGWsAAsRNN.jpg large.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CQYuYsGWsAAsRNN.jpg large.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
>>320478989
you can see new characters in the background
>>
It's not. It was really mediocre and I wouldn't play it again.
>>
File: CN41iZvWEAAyqh-.jpg (61 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
CN41iZvWEAAyqh-.jpg
61 KB, 600x483
>>320479326
i'm digging these sculptures.
>>
One of the few games I've played all the way through in years. Sadly BioShock infinite is the only other game I've actually finished in that time.
>>
whatevz
>>
>Arkane will never independently develop Thief 4
>>
>>320478857
Jawesome, I'll try it out for sure
>>
>>320477752
Just get the GOTY edition for PC

>>320479604
I always think that Dishonored is proper modern Thief reboot. Maybe it's too casual, but at least it has those Looking Glass spirit in it.
>>
>>320475674
Samuel was a real kick in the balls.
Especially when I realized you could just kill him before her fired. Then the guards wouldn't be alerted. Hero.
>>
>>320480054
My PC is a laptop that actually is a toaster
>>
>>320478905
This is grown up Emily and Older Corvo?
>>
>>320480165
My friend finished the game with an i3 laptop with no dedicated GPU
>>
>>320479604
Sometimes I forget Dishonored came from Bethesda.
>>
>>320475661
>unfun way
>>320476795
>uncreative

Or you could play a game that's actual well designed and balanced. Not a game where you have to gimp yourself and play like a retard in order to be "fun".
>>
>>320475674
When Samuel told me he was disgusted with me I felt like shit.
>>
>>320474728
b8
>>
File: 2346556.jpg (17 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
2346556.jpg
17 KB, 400x388
>>320474728
>you will never go back in 2013 and play Dishonored fisrt time again
i dont know if it is worth to live anymore
>>
>>320480190
yeah
>>
>>320480309
Me too
Then I shot him in the face
>>
>>320480349
We can always hope for Dishonored 2.
Where you play as the meme princess, instead of Billie Lurk.
And the same guy again.
Despite the Outsider's augury on her reign.
>>
>>320480349
Dishonored two Spring 2016, Anon.

Kill yourself in summer.
>>
>>320480263
My laptop also doesn't have a dedicated gpu and its cpu is an AMD which I believe is slightly less powerful than an i3 on paper. Anyways I don't really like gaming on PC unless it's a strategy game or a CRPG so I'll get it for PS4
>>
>Want to play lethal and use all the fun toys
>Game rewards stealthy

MY AUTISM PLEASE GO
I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
>>
>Dishonored comes out
>hardcore Thief fans absolutely trash it calling it a shitty dumbed down stealth game when despite its flaws its the truest Thief 1 & 2 experience since then
>Thiaf comes out
>worse than Dishonored in every conceivable way

You faggots deserved it
>>
>>320480582
>Anyways I don't really like gaming on PC unless it's a strategy game or a CRPG
I'm...
I don't...
Look, console wars aside, anon, could I impose upon you to explain why? I just don't get it.
>>
Got my copy of dunwall archives today. I'm a happy camper. Can't wait for them to ramp up info dropping on 2.
>>
File: 1446675618905.png (174 KB, 336x320) Image search: [Google]
1446675618905.png
174 KB, 336x320
>>320474728
>dishonored is a good game
>>
>>320480603
As long as you don't murder every motherfucker, you can still kill like, 25% of each level and get 'low chaos'.
>>
>>320480659
Anything new/interesting in there?
>>
>>320480582
Whatever what you prefer, mang. Personally the PC version is superior since it's very light on performance and mouselook let you do this kind of shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgnXjXk2N0
>>
it was a watered down copy of deeper games that came over a decade earlier. It was ok, but it just didn't grab me. Story was too forced, and there was nothing inspiring in the gameplay.
>>
>>320480608
>implying Thi4f mattered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SToPd5gt1cg
>>
>>320480634
For some reason I can't get into the games, I can only play for 1 hour or so before I alt tab and start browsing or something. I played mainly on PC for almost two years when my laptop was new (RPGs and start games, nothing AAA with good graphics) and I almost never finished games.
>>
>>320481006
Huh.
Thanks for the answer, anon.
>>
File: CSWFSUdWUAAdRAH.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CSWFSUdWUAAdRAH.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
bump
>>
Dishonored 2 will be GOAT
>>
>>320482757
Let's hope so.
>>
I like the whole sandbox but the damn thing is way too short. I was relieved when the loyalists betrayed you because the game seemed to be ending and I was thinking "that was it?" Only to be let dow when there were only two more missions after and the game really was about as short as I feared.
>>
>>320474728
We getting more of the outsider in the sequel?
Wonder if he will play a more active role this time.
>>
>>320482757
Maybe if they remember to make the later stage levels as well designed as the early ones. Only the final stage is as good as the Overseer level
>>
>>320483967
For sure, but I doubt he'll be more active than in Dishonored 1.
>>
>>320480448
>>320480470
It's already known to be a SJW-infested shit
>>
The stealth approach is way too easy with blink, the sight thing and sleep darts, but it's a really fun action game. I also appreciate it when games have multiple ways to finish missions
>>
>>320474728
>This is the best game of the decade so far
Oh look, more convenient Dishonored threads suddenly saying the game is good.
5/10, too mediocre to be anything.
>>
>>320484913
In what way?
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.