[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rarity in games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: gold.jpg (177 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
177 KB, 1024x732
>went on craigslist
>soul silver cart alone $30
>agree on $30 and try to arrange a meeting
>faggot doesnt reply
>call local game stores
>all of them say its a rare game and cost $50
>soul silver/heart gold came out 5 years ago
>people are retarded as fuck and /v/ promotes it
>>
>thinking a Nintendo game will be cheaper just because it's been years since it came out
>>
>>320470294
Well it was really good and it has that there pokewalker which I'm sure collector's would pay a pretty penny for nowadays. One man's trash is another's treasure I suppose.
>>
working 3ds emulator when?
>>
Hey I have a soul silver cart. Didn't know it was 30.
>>
>>320470294
>Didn't buy it on release
You did this to yourself anon i still have my copy with a pokewalker
>>
Its not rare. it is more that pokemon games have always had high resell value. Copies are always in demand either for people to play or sometimes people take the risk of getting a used copy to suck the pokemon they want from the other copy.
>>
why not just get a flashcart? Like you said, it came out 5 years ago, so it's not like there's even an ethical reason to not just pirate it.
>>
>>320470547
>high resale value
This is too true, gba pokemon games still almost go for $30
>>
I've got that Heart Gold set with the box, case, game, manual, and pokewalker. I got it for like $20 at a clearance sale.
>>
>>320470294
just buy a flash cart, retard
>>
File: 1437972748531.jpg (27 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
1437972748531.jpg
27 KB, 500x479
>>320470294
Why are Nintendo games so expensive?
>>
>>320470914
Hipsters.
>>
>>320470585
Yeah, why don't I just shit in the street too while I'm at it? Fuck off faggot you disgust me
>>
>bought Soul Silver for $60
>played it
>didn't like it
>transferred all my pokemon to Black 2
>sold it online for $60

Why do people hype this game so much? Multiple other Pokemon games have a better main game and end game.
>>
File: !!!!!!!!!!.jpg (727 KB, 4975x4850) Image search: [Google]
!!!!!!!!!!.jpg
727 KB, 4975x4850
>>320471058
are you 12?
>>
>>320471529
It's just nostalgia from gen 2 fags.
>>
>>320470294
android phones can emulate ds games you know

i play mystery dungeon on the way to work
>>
>>320471529
no one really hates gen 2, and it's also the best of the 3 remakes and it has a shit ton of content
>>
>>320470294
Heh I still have my Heart Gold including box.
>>
>>320471707
You mean dead Kanto and a half finished Sinnoh tie in?
>>
>>320470294
Nintendo has backwards rarity. Unlike other companies that fully stock and even overstock, Nintendo understocks so that there will be less unbought products.
>>
>>320470294
It's a Nintendo game. I think SM64DS still goes for $40 even though it was a DS launch title.
>>
>hurr it's a nintendo game

These are the only mainline games that demand 50-60 dollars. All the others are like 35 at worst, fuck D&P is like $15 and platinum is like 20.
>>
>>320471707

>no one really hates gen 2
I don't hate it. But I'll say that playing through it once was enough for me. Playing through it again in the remake was just a chore. Especially when the remake had a much slower battle engine and more overworld/town junk to get through.

>and it's also the best of the 3 remakes and it has a shit ton of content
I don't agree. But opinions.
>>
>>320471637
yes
>>
>>320472235
You are right. What was I thinking. All Nintendo games are $5.

If you actually give that much of a damn then get the great equalizer known as a flash cart.
>>
>>320472882
>. All Nintendo games are $5.
>reading comprehension
HGSS are 15+ dollars more than any other mainline pokemon game. There is no explanation for this and only things like Crystal and Yellow approach its price.
>>
>>320470516
Same here. I'd never part ways with my cart though. My 1300 hours on the game are too much to let go.
>>
>>320470294
Most of us do not, most of use would just emulate this average game.
>>
>>320473094
I'm writing random shit because I really don't care that you care Nintendo games are high priced for no reason.

Get a fucking flash cart.
>>
>>320470294
people "think" the Pokewalker is fantastic so they pay big bucks to get it.
>>
>>320473312
>Get a fucking flash cart.
I do have one but the pokewalker doesn't work on a flashcart you idiot.

>>320473447
None of the $50 ones come with it.
>>
>>320473094

Its simple supply and demand. Fans hype over HG/SS and Crystal and don't sell their copies. Supply is less for those games and therefore demand rises.

Then you have tons of new Pokemon players who keep hearing how Gen II was the best ever and they go out and pay $100 for a copy of the game. Demand once again trumping supply.
>>
>>320472478

I personally played the remake without having played the original, probably helped with my enjoyment.

I didn't play an pokemon games for ages since gen1
>>
>Got scammed buying a non functional conker bad fur day
>living in mexico got game gor 30 dlls
>talk to guy in facebook doesn't allow any return
>went full engineer and checked continuity on circuit.
>fixed it with a jumper

Almost jizzed when i saw it working
>>
>buy flashcart
>play rom hack that fixes level scaling, adds more difficultly, every pokemon, and makes evolution self sufficient
same price with a way better outcome
>>
>>320470294
>I bought three of these new from Best Buy two years ago for $40 each and plan to scalp them in several years

Good feelio
>>
HGSS is a cheap game. It only gets expensive when it comes with the box and pokewalker.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.