[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 24
File: 1441593362534.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441593362534.jpg
523 KB, 1920x1080
>Various areas of Midgar will be explorable.
>Taking advantage of the legroom provided by the multi-part release, the team will give more depth to characters like Biggs, Wedge and Jesse.
>They already know how many parts they want to publish, but they can’t disclose it for the moment.
>They can’t talk about online features as well.
>Since the team uses the Unreal Engine 4, the technical help has been provided by the Kingdom Hearts III team, and they will collaborate in the future.
>The Japanese cast is going to be fairly close to that of Advent Children, but characters that had only a cameo appearance might be changed.
>The ATB Gauge (final name pending) and the limit break system are different. It can’t be shown yet, but it’ll change depending to the player’s fighting style.
>The presence of guard is still undecided.

>KH3 team
Something about this feels ominous to me, for both games.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-gets-more-info-on-story-and-combat-kingdom-hearts-iii-team-will-help/
>>
Wait, so just midgar is part 1. When did disk 1 end?
>>
>>320470441
With Aeris' death. So we'll probably leave Midgar and it'll end there.
>>
>>320471057
That's a pretty frustrating ending to first timers. "The real adventure is still ahead of us!" while gazing at the horizon, like a fucking cancelled manga kek.
>>
>>320470441
Where did it say that? No, it just means Midgar will be more fleshed out and not a 3 hour segment. Calm down.
>>
>>320470441
I wouldn't try to guess anything based off where the disks end because Disk 1 is significantly longer than 2 and especially 3.
>>
So does this mean KH3 won't come out till the PS5, why would he do this.
>>
>>320471629
not really. midgar in itself is a pretty complete story
>>
>The remake won't be released in a one time purchase game that contains the disks.
>You will have to pay at least $30 for each one.
>>
>>320471985
Why would who do what? Nomura? He literally didn't even know he was working on it. They put his name as director to make it seem like the dream team was back together.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-director-didnt-know-he-was-/1100-6428460/
>>
>>320472207
shrug

if they recreate the entire story of ff7 in the quality shown, i'd gladly pay $120 over time for it
>>
>>320472207
they'd throw in a figma and an art book then charge $200+

>>320472259
it said they were working on 7 I wonder when it will release then.
>>
>>320472459
Part one is guaranteed 2017. 20th anniversary and the main scenario is already done for Part 1.
>>
>>320472207
>you will not care because you have a job
Stay fat, poor and cucked, gayhmurs.
>>
>>320472649
I meant KH, XV is probably 2016 and 7R is 2017, KH could still years away
>>
>Start up next episode
>"Previously, on FF7" cutscene
>Character levels aren't the same
>All my items and equipment configs from the last episode have been reset
>Can't change party members
>Try to go back the way I came, "No need to go back there."
>Try to go off the story path, nothing to find
>Try to explore ahead, "Please proceed to next episode"
>Mash through scripted battle sequences, story plays itself
>"Dilly dally shilly shally"
>Finish the episode, have to watch a credits roll and preview of the next episode
>Game asks me if I'd like to purchase next episode for only 29.99
>Can reload from last save, but can't do anything except finish the episode

Episodic, not even once.
>>
>>320473285
who cares about any of that shit
>>
>>320473285
>it's being made by cc2
>.hack games
>you could always go back to previous areas
>your levels and characters always carried over unless the plot dictated otherwise
>they're purposefully expanding areas to create further exploration

you're right though fuck dilly dally shilly shally and the fucking god awful voice acting
>>
File: 43214fda324123.jpg (15 KB, 158x184) Image search: [Google]
43214fda324123.jpg
15 KB, 158x184
>>320470278
Do not worry. Kh 2.8, 2.9 and 2.95 should tide you over for KH3.
>>
>>320474124
>2.9 and 2.95 should tide you over for KH3.
Nomura has said that 2.8 is the last game before 3.
>Nomura said
I know, I know but if he does go back on his word he can be rightfully dragged for it.
>>
File: 43214324123 - Copy.jpg (16 KB, 158x184) Image search: [Google]
43214324123 - Copy.jpg
16 KB, 158x184
>>320474248
>>
>>320474304
>-Copy.jpg
>>
File: 43214324123 - Copy-Copy.jpg (15 KB, 158x184) Image search: [Google]
43214324123 - Copy-Copy.jpg
15 KB, 158x184
>>320474372
>>
>>320473438
It's gonna be dual audio
>>
>>320470278

Why? What's the point?

oh right, retcon the story so we can see Genesis and other stupid ass shit.
>>
>>320474574

Or maybe to give more life to a glorified tutorial area. They wanted to make Midgar big from the getgo, but they had to focus on other aspects of the game originally.
>>
If this game has dual audio, will /v/ play with japanese voices?
>implying it will be silent like the original
>>
>>320470278
It's going to be shit
>>
>>320474681
Obviously. FF7 has pretty abysmal english voices.
>>
File: 300000.png (610 KB, 850x602) Image search: [Google]
300000.png
610 KB, 850x602
Are you going to buy it again in the remake?
>>
>>320474681
First play will be in English, second in Japanese, whichever I prefer sticks after that.
That's how I always do dual-audio games.
>>
>>320470278
Yes, I wanted this. We barely get to see the parts that are on the upper plate. We briefly get to see sector 8 before Cloud jumps on the train, so that will be cool. I hope we get to see the other slums as well.

>Taking advantage of the legroom provided by the multi-part release, the team will give more depth to characters like Biggs, Wedge and Jesse.

Yes and well, no. This means that it's pretty safe to assume that part 1 ends at Midgar and even if they extend Midgar's section and it's various areas, it's still going to be a bit bland in terms of enemy variety. I expect lots of Shinra guards for the most part, robot security and the odd 'ghost' or two and whatever we find in the sewers, but outside of that I don't have much hopes.

The news of Jessie, Biggs and Wedge getting additional characterization is nice, which means we won't go right to the reactor 5 battle after getting back from reactor 1. I bet we will have a bunch of little quests that will take us all over Midgar before we are ready for that.

>They already know how many parts they want to publish, but they can’t disclose it for the moment.

Which doesn't make me feel good about it. If it was something small, they wouldn't hesitate to let us know. "Oh yeah, it's only going to be three parts, like the original game was three discs." Which means it is something they are fearful to release and want hype for the game to override peoples worry. I am now thinking 5 to 6 parts instead. Even at 40 dollars per part, that is still pretty expensive for the full experience. I remember paying about that much for each part of .hack and looking back, I actually kind of regret it.

>They can’t talk about online features as well.

Which means they haven't decided if they want to support online play, which means that we might get local play, which would be kind of nice. Reminds me of VI and IX having the option of multiplayer.

(1/2)
>>
>>320473438
>cc2

Tell me more. They confirmed to be working on it? They're the creators of .hack?
>>
>>320472458
>i'd gladly pay $120 over time for it
this is how gaming dies, with thunderous applause
>>
>>320476971
>which means that we might get local play
That seems like a big leap in logic. There was no mention of multiplayer at all.
>>
>>320476971
>Since the team uses the Unreal Engine 4, the technical help has been provided by the Kingdom Hearts III team, and they will collaborate in the future.

Explains why they got part 1 gameplay done so fast, but that doesn't sound so good for KH3. I don't want FF7 taking time away from it's development since it's already had to have all it's shit redone in UE4.

>The Japanese cast is going to be fairly close to that of Advent Children, but characters that had only a cameo appearance might be changed.

Didn't think they would change anybody, but not really that worried. I'm sure whoever they get will be just fine. I'm more worried about the English cast and whether or not I will reluctantly have to switch to the Japanese voice track if the option is available. I don't want to miss out on Steve Burton if possible, he makes a great Cloud.

>The ATB Gauge (final name pending) and the limit break system are different. It can’t be shown yet, but it’ll change depending to the player’s fighting style.

Just like I thought. The ATB gauge will let you use what use to be Limit Breaks, but now when the Limit Gauge is full, it works like how Cloud does in Smash. All stats go up, Limit Breaks hit harder and change properties.

I don't know what they could mean by change depending on fighting style. I hope it won't be like FFX where you could decide how the gauge raised because that thing kind of sucked in some ways. I just hope that each characters Limit is different. I wouldn't want Aerith's limit to just make her stronger, I would want it to make her casts free for the duration of it, or have auto All, something.

It would go a long way to making each character feel completely unique if you had to account for their limit as well.

This also means that if Vincent's transformations are limited to Limit, then he will get new special moves.

>The presence of guard is still undecided.
What?
>>
>>320477453
True. It could also be stuff like Online leaderboards for the minigames. That would be nice.
>>
File: Jessie Remake.png (554 KB, 890x773) Image search: [Google]
Jessie Remake.png
554 KB, 890x773
>>
>>320476297
Of course I will. I loved that Villa. I bet you though that it's price will be increased because of inflation in real life and you will be expected to have much more gil by the end of the game.
>>
>>320477374
I wish you'd die with thunderous applause
>>
>>320477530
Possibly means the defend ability? Only really came up for like, the tutorial bossfights and then never again
>>
>>320477653
I had a killer crush on Jessie as a kid, her dying was sadder than aeriithhhhhh to me

>shows legit, non clingy, non cocktease interest in you
>capable
>skills no one else has

Best girl dies before you even leave Midgar ;-;
>>
>>320474574
I doubt it. Genesis at that point is 'dead' anyway. It will just be to flesh out the city because part 1 would be too short otherwise. Gives us time to get info about Shinra that only came from outside sources before.

I'm expecting more Before Crisis stuff to be shown then anything from Crisis Core. So more backstory for Avalanche and how Barret became it's leader after the Turks pretty much destroyed the first iteration of it and yes, it's canon, even within the original game they mention that Avalanche was around before Barret reformed it.

>>320477936
Maybe. I'm certainly expecting that thing to become more needed in the remake. I wonder if Perfect Guards will be a thing and that will net you a huge chunk of Limit Gauge. So you could either go all out attack and it will go up slowly based on you dealing damage. Or you will get more for being damaged, but it will go up the most for a more defensive playstyle.
>>
>>320477374
They've been desperate to charge more for games for years (prices for new games haven't changed in over 20 years btw) and it's better they just bite the bullet and charge more for a complete package rather than try and sneak more money out of us through dlc and episodic releases and microtransactions and other shit like they've been doing lately.
>>
>>320478131
As long as game content matches the price, then it wouldn't be too bad. Games actually went down in price. I remember when I was a kid that an NES game was 80 DOLLARS! It was crazy and I had to beg my parents to get them and most of the time it was only if it was a crazy two for one deal. Got Bubble Bobble and Adventures of Lolo like that.

It might also end up being a good thing, aside from lowering possibility of day 1 DLC, it will also mean that people will be more unwilling to purchase willy nilly. This means that they will have to try to get peoples attention again, instead of just pumping out the same crap.

Though I fully expect CoD to still sell millions regardless.
>>
>>320478335
Unfortunately micros, dlc, and casualification has proven to be a much more effective market tactic than price raising, especially since you can expect the internet community - especially /v/! - to pitch a huge sperg bitch fit if someone even suggests raising prices. To my mind the solution is reduced scope - so many times we get shit AAA games with high prod values but negligible content and gameplay, plus 20 dollarydoo season pass desu senpai. The thing is, history and the market has proven there is room for .midrange games that do a few things and do it well that can be moderately priced - just look at fucking Rocket League. It's running 20 bucks with cosmetic dlcs and micros, and is some of the biggest shit this year. In fact, this year you saw the full scope of what the market could be. UnderMeme is a A level indie game made by some fucker in his garage, costs 10 bucks or less. Rocket League is a AA midlevel game that costs 20 to 40 bucks and was made by a small studio. Bloodbourne is a AAA level game that costs a full 60 and delivers a full immersive experience. And MGSV is a AAAA game - to big to actually exist, amazing at what it does but so big in scope it can never be finished or work, a spruce goose made by videos own Howard Hughes (inb4 kojima starts bottling his own piss)
>>
>>320479523
Anyway I was going somewhere with this - the market has proven it can support multiple levels of game, and companies should open themselves to this to reduce their risk and overhead, rather than trying g to churn out AAA after AAA every year to tepid results.

Tell me CoD wouldn't be fantastic if it was a yearly 30 to 40 dollar release with no single player beyond a brief tutorial campaign. I mean that's what they're headed towards already, except Activision is gonna charge 60+ bucks + maps dlc because lol
>>
>>320477374
I think the price of games should simply increase
It's obvious publishers aren't content with the current price of vidya
Think about movies and how much ticket prices have increased everywhere constantly for years and then think how game prices have actually decreased in the last 30 years
>>
>>320476971
As long as they don't skip the honeybee inn.
>>
>>320479797
They've already confirmed cross dressing is in
>>
>>320479840
But that's not the point. I wanna go in the jacuzzi with gay dudes-
>>
>>320479670
Eventually this shit is going to get to unsustainable. Many people have already started to hang back on previous iterations of the games because the new ones just aren't offering a new experience and too expensive to just continue buying them.

It is only a matter of time until this becomes general consensus.

Either that, or something else will happen. I don't imagine a crash could happen in this day and age, it just can't hit the same circumstances anymore because of digital purchases.

>>320479840
While they said that was indeed in, they hadn't wrote how they were going to do it. Which makes me think that they might change it.

>>320479797
I'm am bracing for it to get changed. The entirety of Wall Market has been said before to be something that wouldn't fly in todays climate. I fully expect the prostitution to be changed and for Cloud to have to crossdress for another reason.
>>
A guard button can literally suck my nigger.
>>
>>320476297
I didn't buy it the first time so no.
>>
>>320479984
I feel like the market break is coming with the rise of Indies. Technology is reaching the point where garage companies are becoming feasible again, which hasn't been the case in the tech and media scene since the late 80s and early silicon valley
>>
>>320478074
le sector 7 had a bigger crush meme
>>
>>320480285
>sector 7 had a bigger crush than you

That's terrible. I chuckled.
>>
>>320477530
>I hope it won't be like FFX where you could decide how the gauge raised because that thing kind of sucked in some ways.

but that was the best part of the overdrive system
>>
File: willie.gif (30 KB, 622x584) Image search: [Google]
willie.gif
30 KB, 622x584
>>320470278
you fucking wish, honestly this will be the biggest let down in history, i expect nothing but at least 4 60$ hallways. FF7 is dead let it go aon
>>
>>320479840
>crossdressing scene will have different options to crossdress into
>options are: classic frilly dress cloud, Lightning and Aya Brea
>>
>>320477530
> I hope it won't be like FFX where you could decide how the gauge raised because that thing kind of sucked in some ways

that's clearly not what they mean

> I just hope that each characters Limit is different.

that's what they mean
>>
There's going to be a future mission where Marlene is revealed to be a twin pistol wielding Tifa 2.0 and Denzel is an edgy katana + martial arts fighter and they have to save the world from the weapons or something.
>>
>>320480709
There's always at least one retard like this in these threads
>>
>>320480752
Calling it now, clouds limits will require timed button combos, barrets will involve mashing, tifas reels will come back, aeriths will be swirling the analogue sticks, and...

Uh, I honestly can't remember yuffie or red xiii's limits. Vincent's will probably work like a summons from Kingdom Hearts>>320480929
>>
>>320478131
Want to know what game conpanies used to do when they wanted some extra cash? They'd go to their IP vault and pump out a new budget entry into their A-AA titles for a good price.
Then slather on the cheap fanservice and marketing.
Remember when SE had good IPs and they and we could bank on them ?
I don't. I honestly can't anymore.
>>
>>320480929
Oh i'm going to love seeing you assblasted when this game will be released. keep getting fucked by SE
>>
>>320481075
Oh i'm going to love seeing you assblasted when this game will be released. keep being a joyless retard
>>
>>320479984

>wouldn't fly

Pissing off hordes of dedicated ff fans would probably fuck them worse than bad publicity
>>
>>320480519
It was good because it allowed you to switch to Slayer and get it prepared for a fight in advance.

But Slayer was worthless for bosses, so you wanted to switch it to Warrior or Default or Evader.

But it was very static all the time and the best ended up simply being Warrior and thus boring.

I want something more dynamic, with each being on. You suck and get hit a lot? Have some Limit. You good at the game and absolutely destroy enemies and don't get hit? Have a little.

>>320480752
Limit Break should give 2x normal crit ratio and make all attacks able to break damage limit. Cloud's Limit should increase his damage 2x. Simple, straight forward, it's the main character, nothing more to say.

Tifa's should make her able to 'combo', selecting her special attacks in order increases a damage multiplier. Use all seven of her attacks and Tifa should deal incredible damage.

Barret should be able to auto target all enemies in front of him and shouldn't miss, even if an enemy was normally not able to be hit. Any Limit Break that normally hit multiple enemies anyway, will have it's damage increased 2x.

Vincent's Limit is his transformations, "ATB" will simply make his special attacks less random for when they will happen. Still uncontrollable. However, if Limit is something that happens when you choose it, instead of automatically, that will prevent Vincent from becoming dead weight if a boss is immune or absorbs the element of the transformation.

Yuffie gets a chance to steal with every attack and if equipped with the steal materia has her chance increased to 75% regardless of the item you are trying to steal.

Aerith gets 2x magic damage and free cast

Cait Sith just a choice between slot, dice and blackjack. I doubt they will move him away from the 'wacky chance character'.

RedXII, I actually have no idea what they could give him, or Cid.
>>
>>320470278
I like the sound of that.
>>
>>320482001
It really is the best news they could give us. I think they could do with fleshing out the Turks a bit too. We only get to learn about them more in Before Crisis and not all of us got to play a cellphone game exclusive to Japan.
>>
>>320474248
>if he does go back on his word
Nomura's one of the most honest motherfuckers in the industry

If he says 2.8 is the last title before III then it's the last title before III.
>>
>>320482179
I did say if.
>>
>>320482089
I hope they bring Cissnei back
>>
do you think it'll be possible for Jesse to survive?
>inb4 as dlc
>>
>>320481860
well I guess each character having his own way of filling up the limit break could work to make the characters feel more unique.
Cloud's fills by attacking? Aeris' by healing etc.
I still liked the customization that X offered in that regard, even though I kept most people on Ally just to be on the safe side.

but anyway, if the battle system ended up being more action oriented, I'd really like for the gambits to make a return
They'd be just for your allies while the party leader (who you could change) would always be controlled manually
>>
>>320482589
I'd rather have Dyne survive tbqh
but I hope they make no big story changes
>>
File: CloudvLink.jpg (287 KB, 800x1126) Image search: [Google]
CloudvLink.jpg
287 KB, 800x1126
>Cloud has arms that fit him better in non-canon appearances

>even drawn by Nomura

Why does he purposefully give Cloud those fucking skeletal arms?
>>
my theory is

Part 1 : Midgar (midgar just has so much potential and works fantastically as a single story)

Part 2: World exploration and aeris death

Part 3: Everything after aeris death and the ending
>>
>>320482725
I hope it has multiple different endings like a good rpg
>>
>>320482792
>Everything after aeris death and the ending
You mean almost the entire game?

Aerith dies fairly early.
>>
>>320482619
They will have to since they said that you could just control one person if you want. I doubt they will let the AI just do whatever they want, that would just lead to them wasting their MP when you don't want them to, or attacking an enemy that is resistant to physical attacks.

I bet combat will go like this. As soon as you enter the combat 'zone', your characters will ready their weapons. If you selected manual for everyone, you will have to select all their actions in turn.

If you select attack, then what happens is your character will make a little attacking action which fills up the "ATB" When this gets to red, you can then select a Limit Break to use.

If you select magic, then you will spend some time casting and once you have completed the cast, part of the "ATB" will have risen. This is so you won't gimp characters with no ranged attacks against things like the Hundred Gunner.

Summons will, once completed, completely fill up the "ATB", but their MP costs are enormous in comparison to magic, so while it's a nice bit of damage front loaded, it's at a cost.

Defend will cause the "ATB" to rise depending on if you were actually attacked during this time. This allows for a more defensive playstyle, where you can still unleash big attacks after a period of defense. This once again, allows you to not gimp characters with no range.

>>320482725
I can imagine them doing that with a secret way. Like if you were to just throw healing stuff at him, then Dyne would ask you what you were doing and eventually stop attacking.
>>
Do you think they'll release a special edition 20 year anniversary Final Fantasy 7 Playstation 4 bundle with custom paint job?
>>
>>320482752
Because maybe they are actually going to change his model as the game goes on? It isn't too far fetched, I mean he DID spend 5 years in a tank doing nothing, muscle atrophy and all that.
>>
>>320483315
>Cloud beefs up as he levels like he's wearing Anchor Arms
Fund it
>>
>>320483002
Eh, not actually. Disc 1 and Disc 2 are about the same length. Disc 2's story stuff is literally just the Icicle Inn, Going to the glacier, Northern Cave, Weapons' activation and then you spend your time searching for Cloud, Tifa stays with him, then Cid collects some huge materia before they go back to Cloud and him and Tifa fall into the Life Stream, then you fight Diamond Weapon and that's Disc 2.

It just seems so long because that's when all the sidequest stuff opens up.

>>320483575
It really isn't hard, it's just node point scaling. There is a mod for Skyrim that takes advantage of it to make your arms get bigger as you gain more sword skill. It's rather cool to see.
>>
you know what I think would be nice?
If they made something like Souls Of Rebirth for FF2, except you help the dead Biggs, Wedge Jessie, Aeris, Dyne, Zack and Rufus get to the lifestream
>>
>>320483715
>It just seems so long because that's when all the sidequest stuff opens up.
So you're basically saying that disc 2 is longer than disc 1. Even if part of the content is optional, it's still there, so it doesn't make sense to have 1/3 of the content in the first 2 parts, then the last part to have the other 2/3 of it.
>>
>>320483856
But the last part should be the longest anyway. Even if it was four parts, where would we cut it that wouldn't make part 4 just the final dungeon and any sidequest stuff you didn't do yet?
>>
>>320483715
>Disc 2's story stuff is literally just the Icicle Inn, Going to the glacier, Northern Cave, Weapons' activation and then you spend your time searching for Cloud, Tifa stays with him, then Cid collects some huge materia before they go back to Cloud and him and Tifa fall into the Life Stream, then you fight Diamond Weapon and that's Disc 2.
That's like

A lot.
>>
>>320484096
Sure, it should be the longest. But not by such a ridiculous margin.
>Part 1: Exit Midgar
>Part 2: Aeris' Death
>Part 3: Retrieve Cloud from Lifestream
>Part 4: Rest of the game
>>
>>320472259
I. What? How the fuck does that even happen? How do you not tell the DIRECTOR of a project that he's, you know, the DIRECTOR of the fucking project? That seems like a very odd thing to fuck up.
>>
>>320470278

I bet they just pad out existing parts of the story. We already saw Cloud running down corridors he didn't before after the 1st reactor get blown up.
>>
File: SEGA3.jpg (236 KB, 1023x827) Image search: [Google]
SEGA3.jpg
236 KB, 1023x827
>>320477374
With how much games cost to make today, why does it surprise you that developers want a bit more for their product?
>>
>>320477374
Go home, Padme
>>
>>320472259
>>320484282
It literally says he was effectively the director. People would ask him in detail how everything should be, so he in essence oversaw the whole project. My guess is that they wanted him to be director, but were afraid he'd turn them down due to KH3, so they just went ahead and made him director without telling him, and putting him in a situation where it's impossible for him to back down.
>>
File: seto_grisser.jpg (158 KB, 774x1033) Image search: [Google]
seto_grisser.jpg
158 KB, 774x1033
>>320483810
>no daddy Seto
wasted potential
>>
>>320484408
Higher ups are probably afraid that they won't be able to make as much of a profit if they try to do this normally so they decided to release in installments instead.

Honestly, it's this or paid DLC.

Sad thing is, it's only gonna get worse. It's not as if games will ever get LESS expensive and time-consuming to make. If you sell for the same amount as you did before, you're gonna end up getting less and less returns.
>>
File: 1448834673225.png (206 KB, 571x429) Image search: [Google]
1448834673225.png
206 KB, 571x429
>>320477802
>>
>>320484282
They didn't fuck up. They did it purely for atheistic.
>>
>>320484620
him too
damn, I think this could be awesome, shame it'll never happen
who would they fight though? The jenova monstrosities that failed to dissolve into the lifestream?
>>
>>320484595
That's kind of fucked up, though. I can't speak for Nomura, but if I were being made the head of such a huge project, I'd at least like a little advance warning, you know? I don't wanna wake up one morning, go to work, and have someone casually tell me that I'm the director of Japanese video game Star Wars starting fucking yesterday. That's bad for the heart.
>>
>>320484138
Disc 1 is. Midgar, which isn't just a singular location, you spend a good 3 hours here at least. Then a brief stop in Kalm, Mythril Mines, Junon, to the Gold Saucer, Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim, Rocket Town. At this point, you have the Tiny Broco and can go to Wutai, then you have to find the Keystone, back to the Gold Saucer, then to the Temple of the Ancients, then to the City of the Ancients.

It's pretty comparable in length.

>>320484259
>Part 3: Retrieve Cloud from Lifestream
>Part 4: Rest of the game

You literally just said what I said NOT to do, which was to avoid making part 4 JUST the final dungeon.

After you get Cloud back, the very next thing that happens is his Rousing speech about fighting Sephiroth and then Diamond Weapon coming out of the ground. You literally just want part 4 to start with that fight and then the last dungeon opening up. They would have to make a bunch of padding that wouldn't even make sense to be at this point for part 4 to have anything comparable to a 'full game'

If you want to break the game up in four parts, then it should go like this.

1. Midgar
2. up to Nibelheim
3. up to Weapon Activation
4. Rest of the game

That also allows you to introduce two characters each in part 2 and 3. It also means that only part 4 will need to have the Airship.

Only thing I would be worried about is part 2 feeling too short, as it's only a small fraction of Disc 1's content.
>>
File: Euphoric.png (420 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
Euphoric.png
420 KB, 576x792
>>320484682
>They did it purely for atheistic.
>atheistic
lol
>>
>>320484770
Knowing SE they'll shoe-horn in all the bosses you previously defeated.
>>
>>320484620
Well, you have to remember that he isn't really dead. He is just trapped in stone for all eternity. He's still alive, unable to die. Seriously someone should smash him and save him a lot of grief.
>>
>>320484880
Or just use a Soft on him
>>
>>320484934
Naw, can't. They would just come up with an excuse why that doesn't work, just like the Twins in FF4 when they petrified themselves.
>>
>>320484880
If SE were to do a story like that with the dead characters; they'll most likely force some plot element for it to work.
>>
>>320472896
I think KH3 is probably Q1 or 2 2017
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (12 KB, 271x211) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
12 KB, 271x211
>>320484934
or SUPERSOFT
>>
Reminder that:
>Vincent and Yuffie will be mandatory party members, instead of optional.
>Genesis will probably show up to pad the story out and give you an extra boss fight or two. And he'll quote his shitty novel CONSTANTLY.
>More and longer flashbacks with Zack because it's not as if we didn't have an entire game about him, right?
>Turks will probably get more screentime
>Cisnei will probably appear and be interested in Cloud for the same reason as Aerith
>>
>>320477653
She looks like Aerith. They really need to change that shit up.
>>
>>320485274
>reminder that things might happen, or may not happen
>>
>>320485274
None of that really sounds that bad to me, unless the Turks continue being comedic relief instead of good at their job.
Although I'm not sure who Genesis and Cisnei are.
>>
>>320485463
Genesis was a faggot from Crisis Core who was best friends with Angeal (Zack's mentor) and Sephiroth and was obsessed with being a hero and quoting this shitty novel he had a raging hard-on for.

Cissnei was a Turk who liked Zack.
>>
>>320485274
I'm completely okay with that. Vincent's story is pretty important backstory for Sephiroth.
>Genesis will probably show up to pad the story out and give you an extra boss fight or two. And he'll quote his shitty novel CONSTANTLY.
Nah. Gackt doesn't want them using his image. But I will admit to being afraid that he'll be mentioned. Fuck everything if they even acknowledge his existence.
>More and longer flashbacks with Zack because it's not as if we didn't have an entire game about him, right?
And what's wrong with that? Are you really complaining about getting more content? CC was pure bullshit, but Zack is still a fun character.
>Turks will probably get more screentime
Awesome.
>Cisnei will probably appear
Awesome, she was one of the best parts of CC.
>and be interested in Cloud for the same reason as Aerith
Huh? Whose ass did you pull this from?

>>320485463
>Although I'm not sure who Genesis and Cisnei are.
While Cisnei was fun, I envy you so much for not knowing who Genesis is. Remain in blessed ignorance, anon. Never play crisis core.
>>
What really interests me is why aren't they using the Luminous engine?
>>
File: It's shit.jpg (147 KB, 887x491) Image search: [Google]
It's shit.jpg
147 KB, 887x491
>>320470278
>>
>>320485274

This one can't happen because he is 'dead' at this point.

>>320485463
>Turks
>comedic relief

Except that's exactly what they are, after the first Reno fight, they become a joke. Rude won't attack Tifa because of his crush. Elena is highly weak to Lightning, Reno is weak to Fire and they never pose any kind of threat no matter when you fight them.

Their entire purpose was always to be the 'team rocket' of FF7. Only Before Crisis and Crisis Core made them look like they could actually do anything.
>>
>>320485669
I wonder too
maybe it's easier and faster, and they're afraid of the amount of content to make
>>
>>320485842
Except they're shown multiple times to be highly effective at what they do. They're both effective agents AND comedic relief occasionally.
>>
>>320485669
Honestly it sounds like they only have some many people who know it. Remember KH3 was originally supposed to be on it but changed to Unreal.
>>
>>320485669
The entire reason is that the Luminous developers are helping the XV team full time. They don't have time to help the 7 Remake team with learning the engine. It's why KH3 moved to UE4.
>>
>>320485842
>Elena is highly weak to Lightning
Was there a reason for this?
>>
>>320485669
Most likely this: >>320485887 and >>320485987

Luminous is harder to use, as there is probably next to no documentation for it, and it's probably nowhere near as easy to pick up either way, as it's not a 'commercial' engine like unreal.
>>
>>320485669
Luminous isn't an industry standard so even if it's perfectly stable on a technical level, it'd be more difficult for the team making the game and any other companies(like CC2) to learn to actually use it. ESPECIALLY when it comes to projects that rely on multiple teams or companies does it become important to have a well developed, well documented, intuitive toolset. Luminous does not offer that.
>>
>>320473376

my god you can't be this retarded
>>
>>320486623
And you can't be this retarded to think that's what they'll do.
>>
File: what-did-i-do.png (373 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
what-did-i-do.png
373 KB, 600x450
>>320470278
But will Cloud beating Aeris still be in the game?
>>
>>320487152
Nobody fucking knows. Stop asking.
>>
>>320486104
She was always wet for Tseng
>>
>>320485274
Of course they will. This is a linear cinematic experience express train. No stops to explore and do stuff. Instead of picking correct responses and getting Yuffie as a reward for doing the right thing in a video game, you'll get a stupid unfunny advent children tier cutscene where she joins.

Then you'll wish you just fapped to that awesome porn clip of her instead of buying this stupid remake
>>
>>320488962
I'll just stick to fapping to the doujin of Aeris raping her with a telephone cord in the Golden Saucer
>>
>>320482752
30 years in the business and nomura still draws sidemouth and stumpy fingers.
>>
>>320488962
Will you doomfags just leave already? Why are you even posting? You have no interest in the remake and no one's coming to your house to take your copies of the original game. Assuming the remake is bad, how the FUCK does that affect you in any way?
>>
Just incase there are people here who are really stupid (all of you) here's a reminder that you won't be finding new weapons in this game. The Buster Sword is now special because of that rubbish CC game and now Cloud won't be throwing it away and buying a new one every town because that would mean modelling dozens of new swords, same for Barret's gun arms,etc. Welcome to modern gaming.
>>
>>320489221
>how the FUCK does that affect you in any way?
Shattered dreams? Just like MGSV.
>>
>>320489445
>Shattered dreams
>Oh no, someone recreated something that already exists and it's not up to my standards!
>Comparing a fucking REMAKE, which is literally telling us a story we already know, to what was promised to be the long-awaited telling of possibly the most pivotal moment in a saga that people have followed for decades, only to have the rug be pulled under everyone with an unfinished piece of shit that specifically DOESN'T tell the story it promised it would
Holy fuck, you doomfags are autistic. The original exists. Play that. You're worse than the faggots hating on the lotr movies because MUH BOOKS!
>>
>>320489314
I think you're a little special.
>>
>>320489314
Cry more faggot
>>
File: Zack_Crisis_Core_Model_(Young).png (161 KB, 615x912) Image search: [Google]
Zack_Crisis_Core_Model_(Young).png
161 KB, 615x912
>>320482752
How come people weren't autistic about Zack's arms? He needs to look more like Schwarzenegger in his prime because the source of his strength isn't mako or anything!
>>
>>320489445
Also, grow the fuck up. Squeenix have literally confirmed nothing so far, except for some character designs and ideas they're throwing around on how to handle things. Your whining is fabricated from whole cloth. You want to be outraged. So don't pull the bullshit 'shattered dreams' card - you'd piss and moan no matter what they did, because you want to feel like a martyr and like you're the only smart person in the room.

You're not. You're the retard drooling in the corner.
>>
>>320489651
>>320489729
>I don't care
Of course you don't kids, you are bad consumers and retarded as fuck. You just want a pretty movie and don't care about customization and other things that actually make a video game.
>>
File: Stop.jpg (37 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
37 KB, 353x439
>>320489943
>>
>>320489943
No, we just don't care about your autistic whining that's based on literally nothing we've seen so far. What you're doing is speculating, then claiming that speculation is 100% fact, then wondering why no one else is outraged by your fabrications.

You're that crazy hobo yelling at stop signs.
>>
>>320489812
>Also, grow the fuck up.
Says the faggot hyped for a nostalgia cash grab.
>all that projecting
sad, and he isn't even the one who posted the fact Yuffie's recruitment will be a stupid ass cutscene. I am free to shit on a bad game, remake or not and mock every braindead retard praising it.
>>320490090
>we
You don't speak for anyone but yourself. And you do care, that's why you respond.
>speculation is 100% fact
Funny how 10 years ago people said a FF7 remake would be linear, action shit with DLC and these people were right. Nobody saw episodic coming though, got to hand that one to Square.
>outraged
You are the only one mad here trying to supress my freedom to post my opinions. Stop getting angry that is not a hugbox for you. You are a free to leave and post on some FF forum.
>>
>>320490305
>trying to supress my freedom to post my opinions

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>320490305
>Funny how 10 years ago people said a FF7 remake would be linear, action shit with DLC and these people were right.
>and these people were right
>AND THESE PEOPLE WERE RIGHT
I can't even add anything to this. The game isn't even in alpha. It's in planning. And you're saying that it's a fact that it'll be a linear action shit with DLC. Not that you're convinced that it will be. Not that it's likely to be. You're saying it IS.

There are no words, anon. Your delusions know no bounds.

Also, I like how you assume the fact that I'm not on your extreme end of the delusional spectrum, then that MUST mean I'm on the other. I'm not. I'm in the 'wait and see what's what' camp. It might be great, it might be terrible. But keep trying, champ.
>>
>>320490601
>I can't even add anything to this.
Because it is the truth and that is what happened.
>I'm not. I'm in the 'wait and see what's what' camp.
Congratulations anon, you are in the denial stage. Just like those morons who said "well these magazine pictures of DA2 aren't great but the game will still be good"

You can come back to reality and stop projecting these dumb fantasies. It's just another bad AAA game, we get them every year. Nothing special or out of the ordinary.
>>
File: g-bike.jpg (847 KB, 2210x577) Image search: [Google]
g-bike.jpg
847 KB, 2210x577
Why can't we have some real speculation based on available information?

I mean it's apparent that Barret's design, especially his facial structure in the remake matches his g-bike artwork so it wouldn't be a stretch to say the other characters will similarly have their appearances match.

It's also worthwhile to note a great number of weapons were designed and classic weapons from the game were redesigned for g-bike and we could also see those designs in the remake.
>>
>>320490807
>Nothing special or out of the ordinary.
And yet you can't stop talking about it. This is golden.
>>
>>320490876
>And yet you can't stop talking about it.
I made two posts about the game anon. The rest is all about you because you need the attention for some reason. I guess mommy didn't hug you today.
>>
>>320490856
Well, one thing squeenix have been adamant about for the past decade is that if they do the remake, they won't cut anything. Now, they could be lying through their teeth, but assuming that isn't conducive to some nice fan speculation and mild hype.

I'm pretty sure all the weapons from the original will be available.

And if they keep the g-bike designs, which it seems like they are, considering how much smaller Barrett is and how thin Cloud is, then my body is ready for the reveal of Tifa. G-Bike Tifa is literally perfect.
>>
File: 1446688872345.jpg (65 KB, 658x960) Image search: [Google]
1446688872345.jpg
65 KB, 658x960
>>320490984
>still posting
Go on, explain to me again how much you don't care.
>>
>>320487152
Welp, I sure hops so. Shit like this showed how fucked up Cloud really was.
>>
>>320490601
It is a fact tho
>>
>>320491118
I care about you anon. You are so lonely and so naive, like a retarded puppy.
>>
>>320473285
>Mash through scripted battle sequences, story plays itself

>Implying you don't just mash through the ATB system too, with the occasional potion or cure against a boss

Turnbasedfags are truly cancer.
>>
File: Please keep going.jpg (77 KB, 502x401) Image search: [Google]
Please keep going.jpg
77 KB, 502x401
>>320491225
>implying a retarded puppy would be lonely
>implying a retarded puppy wouldn't be drowning in affection
>implying you're not projecting your loneliness on retarded puppies

>>320491203
Oh, this is gonna be great! Go on, explain it to me.
>>
>>320470278
Oh my, thank GOD they are going to be adding depth to Biggs wedge and Jesse. I mean I'm just a huge fan of ffvii and even though it is being broken into parts and bastardized for the sake of money it is all okay because these decisions have allowed square to expand on Biggs wedge and Jesse!
>>
>>320490856
>Tifa having her Gbike design
JESUS
>>
>>320491402
Faggot
>>
>>320491402
>implying a retarded puppy would be lonely
>implying a retarded puppy wouldn't be drowning in affection
There's that naivety. You clearly have no idea what the real world is like and that's why you believe in faceless corporations.
>>
New infos when?
>>
>>320490856
I found this through google and it appears pretty accurate as I've seen a number of these weapons in the gameplay I've seen on youtube.
>>
>>320491453
I honestly won't be mad even if the game is a massive turd, if only Tifa has her right design and the model gets ported to SFM. That's all I'll ever need.

Though also having Aeris_, Elena and Jesse in SFM would probably kill my dick.
>>
File: Manly.jpg (175 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
Manly.jpg
175 KB, 700x471
>>320491523
Pic related is you.

>>320491547
>literally said I'm in the 'wait and see' camp
>that means I believe faceless corporations
Oh man, I'm gonna have to go to the store for more popcorn.
>>
>>320491678
10/10 post right there
>>
>>320491784
> I'm gonna have to go to the store for more popcorn.
Yeah, popcorn is good with movies like FF7R.
>>
>>320491784
>via 9fag
fuck off
>>
File: Laughing Mandrills.jpg (47 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Mandrills.jpg
47 KB, 460x276
>>320491897
>he's STILL talking about it
Please, dad, can I hear the story of how you didn't care about the ff7 remake one more time?
>>
>>320472098
you don't even get the first summon until sometime after leaving midgar
>>
>>320470278
As long as Cloud isn't represented by his edgy version.
>>
>>320492087
How does that make Midgar less of a complete story?
>>
>>320492164
It only takes a few hours and if they cut shit out like they're probably going to then it'll take even less
>>
>>320470278
>Since the team uses the Unreal Engine 4,
You know when this generation happens I was really hoping that not every game out there would use the unreal engine like in the previous one. But it seems we are moving further and further away from that reality.
>>
File: 1257319748988.jpg (121 KB, 468x349) Image search: [Google]
1257319748988.jpg
121 KB, 468x349
>>320492164
>complete story
>no resolution to anything
>>320492217
Don't worry, they are adding DONUT STEEL trash from the compilation.
>>
>>320492283
What's your issue with the Unreal Enigne?
>>
>>320492309
>no resolution to anything
>I never played the game
>I've never experienced multi-part media like books, tv series, movie trilogies, etc.
It ends in a perfect way for the first part of a multi-part story. You could make a movie as a first part of a trilogy and have it end there and be perfectly satisfying.

>>320492217
>they'll probably take shit out
>despite them saying they're cutting the game up into parts specifically so they don't cut anything and so they can even add stuff
>ignoring OP's link about how Midgar will be explorable, hinting that you'll probably see a lot more of it than in the original
>>
>>320492681
Oh look, it's FFXV-kun. You are so easy to spot.
>>
>>320492673
I just don't want the market to be dominated by one engine, I want there to be more than one engine out there. Capcom aren't even using a next generation MT Framework for SFV
>>
>>320489134
Their heads are angled 3/4, not profile, that isn't sidemouth.
>>
>>320485669
Because Luminous Engine team was all assigned to FFXV to get XV done as fast as possible, that is why they rebooted KH3 on UE4 because they had barely started on that

And so all the Luminous Engine devs are assigned to XV right now and will only be free after XV is done, which will be late 2016, but by then it would be too late for if KH3 FF7R were to only start development then, that is why they are using UE4 for those because they are more industry standard

After XV is done the Luminous team are going to work on a new game, most likely high end and geared towards PC according to Tabata, it might be Type-Next or a new IP.
>>
>>320482752

CLOUDS ARMS ARE NOT THIN
>>
>>320493968
WHY ARE YOU LYING
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.