[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People are only mad at Corrin because he was added last. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10
People are only mad at Corrin because he was added last. They should be more upset at Roy

>Actually a sword fighter whereas only about 30% of Corrin's moves are sword based
>A half clone of marth
>When there's already a clone of marth
>>
shut the fuck up you sound like such a whiny little bitch
>>
>>320467961
Roy was an already existing semiclone that probably took not too much effort to finish. What gets me with Corrin is that he's coming out at the same time as Bayo. He's being made alongside her. That means they could have taken two highly demanded fan favorites to make from the ballot, but they instead went with just one and used the rest of the effort to help promote a game that isn't even out in most of the world.
>>
smash advertising Fire Emblem Fates to the max, and no love for the upcoming Star Fox. I seriously thought there was gonna be 4 characters coming including Cloud and 2 from the ballot.
>>
>>320467961

Nope. I was happy Roy was added.

Corrin disappoints immensely. Bayo I have mixed feeling about, but mostly ok with.
>>
Fuck that, I'd rather play as our boy Roy than some literally who from an over rep-ed franchise
>>
While it's true that I would have been LESS upset if Meme Boy didn't get in, it's still way too fucking many. Six Fire Emblem characters is just weeb pandering to the highest degree. Marth, Ike, and Robin were cool- Lucina was passable only because she probably took three days of effort tops.
>>
Roy was added as a fanservice character, which hyped everyone up for the smash direct as we assumed Sakurai was finally listening to fan requests.

Instead we received "muh OC dragonkin".
>>
>>320468082
The OP is literally calling people who are whining out.

>>320468304
>Roy was an already existing semiclone that probably took not too much effort to finish.
I doubt it. Roy''s actual moves are similar, but most of the animations aree almost enitrely different, thee model could hav only used marth's armor as a starting point, etc.

He probably only barely took less time then any other smash character who was in a previous title did.
>>
>>320467961
Fuck you OP, the Roy hate has finally died down and you're just bringing up old shit.
I actually decided to pick him back up today, he's fun as fuck.
>>
>>320468639
>>320468661
>wanting a sword using clone over a unique character with a unique gimmick

kill yourselves.
>>
>>320468809

Sakurai promised the final characters would focus purely on fanservice standpoint.

Although Bayo and Cloud do this terriffically, Corrin is the opposite of that, bordering on shilling.
>>
Who else agrees that they should have showed Borrin instead of Cloud and left Cloud for the final reveal? All I'm left with is a sour taste now.
>>
>>320469189
Corrin's inclusion IS good fanservice. For Japan
>>
>>320469189
>Sakurai promised the final characters would focus purely on fanservice standpoint.

Source? If that's true then yeah corrin's inclusion is bullshit, but I still think corrin is a better choice then roy.
>>
>>320469189
If Cloud would have been saved for the broadcast, his reveal would have been spoiled by the data miner that found his stuff the night before. Would have been Ryu all over again, except more disappointing because it would have been spoiled at the last minute.
>>
>>320469189
>Sakurai promised the final characters would focus purely on fanservice standpoint.
You should know by now that Sakurai constantly changes his mind.
>>
>>320467961
Smash fans enjoy eating shit, all the retarded smash faggots decided they loved roy the second he went up to download.

Corrin isn't nearly as retarded so they'll probably just continue shitting on him even if he doesn't get into smash 5
>>
Anyone whining about Corrin is a fucking idiot.

Roy was the Corrin of Melee and Smash 4 is full LE ROY IS OUR BOY dicksuckers who don't even know what Fire Emblem is and at the same time think Corrin is a waste of a slot.
>>
I didn't want anymore than three FE characters in this game. If it were up to me FE would get two reps the weeb cancer could drool over while DK and F Zero got new reps
>>
>>320470229
Anyone who defends Corrin is an Idiot, let Sakurai go make a FE fighting game and keep weeb trash to a minimum. Pokemon is getting a fighting game, so make one for the losers who enjoy FE
>>
>>320470229

Melee didn't have a ballot though or "internet community".

World difference in context.
>>
File: H W.png (59 KB, 348x255) Image search: [Google]
H W.png
59 KB, 348x255
>corrin apologists
>>
>>320470556
No it doesn't. Fire Emblem 6 came out right around the same time Melee did, just like how Corrin is coming out right around the time 14 is. They are both basically promotions for their games. You can't shit on one without being a hypocrite unless your only complaint is there are too many FE characters.

You people act like you know they would put Geno/K Rool/Shrek or whoever the fuck you want if they didn't add him in.
>>
>>320469189

Bayo and Cloud are fanservice for the west while Corrin's fanservice for the Japanese.

FE Fates is apparently really fucking popular in japan and FemCorrin was the most popular female character in the game.
>>
As a Fire Emblem fan I am also mad, because there are so many better FE characters.

I don't own a wii U though so my anger is pointless.
>>
>>320470952
I rather have a blank space or mii costume
>>
>>320471090
Why? You're not being forced to use him or something like that.

>>320471067
Yeah but if you think they're going to add someone like Hector you're crazy. They'll never do that unless some remake comes out or something.
>>
>>320467961
Either way, it's so that way the Japanese can't complain about the ballot. He was their number one for a long fucking time and came out before the ballot ended.
>>
>>320470969
Fanservice for the west would have been K Rool, Wolf or Ridley. Don't kid yourself
>>
>>320471305
Final Fantasy 7 is really popular in the west
>>
>>320471090
I'd rather have Pichu over Corrin.
>>
>>320471305
People don't actually give a shit about K. Rool anywhere but like, the internet. Nor Wolf.

Too bad things like datamining even exist now. At least Bayo was announced after Corrin, so it's not all bad.
>>
>>320471305

Trust me, I was one of the ones who vehemently wanted Wolf back in considering he's one of the only THREE characters from brawl that didn't come back in 4, but I'll happily take Bayo.

I genuinely enjoyed Wolf's gameplay and the differences from Fox and Falco.
>>
>>320468304
>that probably took not too much effort to finish
Please, he took more effort than Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario combined, and also Lucas
>>
>>320467961
Isn't Roy a straight upgrade of Marth?
I haven't bought him, but he seems like he's better in every way.
>>
>>320471305
Cloud Strife is fucking way bigger than those three in the west. Don't kid yourself. It makes perfect sense if they were shooting for fanservice for USA, EU, and Japan
>>
>>320470969
I feel like there must surely be more popular things in Japan. You could use the ballot to see that definitively. Had Corrin placed highly on the ballot they likely would have mentioned it.

Corrin was just Sakurai jacking the series off even more because he loves it, let's not pretend otherwise.
>>
>>320472254
I dont know, I remember pre release seeing the stupid polls with shit like Roy and Dark Pit near the top. Japan has shit taste, at least this time they picked someone unique.
>>
>>320470938
>preferring a clone for a character that already has a clone over a totally character with a unique concpt that hasn't been in smash before
>>
>>320472893
Unique character means they had to put a shit load of time and effort into him.

Most characters can be interesting if you put some thought into them, that doesn't excuse shit choices.
>>
>>320467961
Both sides are fucking retarded and don't understand marketing. The anti-Corrin side slightly more.

Roy was put in Melee to advertise FE6.

Corrin was put in Smash 4 to advertise FE Fates.

If you want to get technical with this shit. Roy's case for Melee is worse. At least Corrin is already established and has his game out. Whereas Roy literally made his debut in Melee making him a nobody at the time since FE6 wasn't released until 4 months after Melee's release in Japan and the States. And his game was Japan only.
>>
>>320473040
Roy was also a clone and clearly took very little time to add. His addition was stupid but at the time no one knew shit about FE anyway.
>>
>>320467961
FE fanbase doesn't give a shit about Roy outside of Meleebabbies. His game sucks and he's a shitty unit. He's literally only relevant because of le our boy xD memers.
>>
>>320471305
its adorable how the loud minority thinks they are the majority
>>
>>320467961
Keep roy, ditch ike. He's the obstacle stopping us from getting hector in smash because they'd basically play the same.
>>
File: 1450223320551.png (2 KB, 232x216) Image search: [Google]
1450223320551.png
2 KB, 232x216
>>320473339
are you fucking shitting me? he was voted first place in the popularity poll for his game in japan
>>
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/13/sakurai-fe25/

I'm just going to leave this right the fuck here.
>>
>>320473040
>>320473003
Regardless of marking Corrin is a better character because hee's not a clone and even if roy wasn't a clone, Corrin still has a more unique playing stylee/theme
>>
File: 1449811425585.gif (2 MB, 356x400) Image search: [Google]
1449811425585.gif
2 MB, 356x400
>>320473738
>trends play into his decisions

Holy fuck there are going to be some characters We'll never see because their games were released either years ago or are seldom released.
>>
>>320473718
>Main lord ranks first

Stop the fucking presses.
>>
File: I call bullshit.jpg (75 KB, 262x303) Image search: [Google]
I call bullshit.jpg
75 KB, 262x303
>>320467961
There was literally no reason for Lucas to come back.
>>
>>320469189
He also said there'd be several more. Dude just kinda blows shit up I guess.
>>
>>320467961
No, they should pretty much be upset at both. Having six advertisements for Nintendo's special pet series in the game is EA levels of shitty company practice.
>>
>>320470229
Roy wasn't the sixth Fire Emblem character added to Melee.
>>
>>320470556
Melee actually did IIRC, for each franchise too.

It even had a slot for Rare characters (James Bond and Banjo were at the top).
>>
>>320475895
At least Mother only had 1 rep, though.

>>320476091
Ideally, lucina and roy would both just be costumes for marth, so then there'd be 4.
>>
>>320476354
Which would still be twice as many as needed. The Fire Emblem series should just have Marth as their "legacy" rep in Smash and then the most recent protagonist of an FE game, because they change characters every time.
>>
Lucina should have been an alt.
Roy should have been a ¢.75 paid skin with added fire effects.
Robin should have been Isaac.
Corrin is fine but 6 is too many.
>>
>>320476512
It's posts like this that make me glad /v/ doesn't make Smash Bros.
>>
>>320476602
Yeah, Smash wouldn't be Smash if it were reasonable.
>>
>>320467961

>roy
>clone

got that backwards fucko
>>
>>320476668
What's reasonable about removing characters people like just because you think they no longer matter?
>>
>>320476780
>removing characters people like

Sakurai already does that, if that's your argument you've already lost.
>>
Why did they chose Corrin over Snake again?
>>
>>320476748
explain
>>
>>320476907
Yeah, and what happened? People kicked and screamed until they were made DLC.
>>
>>320476938
Maybe Konami isn't interested in having Snake in Smash Bros. Who knows.
>>
>>320476938
Corrin is relevant, unlike Snake
>>
>>320476949

roy is og
>>
>>320476952
So you've got nothing.

Aight.

Anyway the whole Fire Emblem shilling in Smash debate has been settled hard a million times on this board and Corrin in particular got shitraped into oblivion already in the Smashboards thread trying to defend him. It's ultimately pointless, people arguing on the internet isn't going to stop Nintendo continuing to try to sell a franchise that should have died twenty plus years ago with the likes of Mother for having the same or worse sales.
>>
File: 79nRh.jpg (309 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
79nRh.jpg
309 KB, 1600x900
>>320477163
I don't care about Corrin or how many characters any game has.

I think it's just a stupid idea to remove characters because you think they no longer are "relevant".

It's how you get mistakes like THIS.
>>
>>320477163
yup sales are what matter
not the design, concept, importance of the franchise
sales.
I mean, who wouldn't want a Mario vs Animal Crossing vs Pokémon fighting game? After all, only sales matter when it comes to who gets in, so they should be the main stars of the game.
>>
File: fire emblem.png (1 MB, 1193x605) Image search: [Google]
fire emblem.png
1 MB, 1193x605
>>
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

The WORST DLC additions are the ones where Sakurai listened to the Smash fanbase:

Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas are all incredibly boring additions especially in contrast to the latter 4.
>>
>>320475712
>Holy fuck there are going to be some characters We'll never see because their games were released either years ago or are seldom released.

That makes sense though they were never going to put for example a character from a minor series on GBA/GC in anymore after Brawl. Only exceptions being retro characters like Duck Hunt, R.O.B and Game & Watch, Marth, Ice Climbers and Pit.

The Smash Bros games are for the players who are buying most of Nintendo's software so with some exceptions its going to be focused around recent games they've played, will be playing or can play on the current and previous system. Like how every character in Smash 64 appeared on N64. GB or SNES and none of them only appeared on NES. Every 1st party newcomer in Smash 4 has appeared in a new game Wii, 3DS or WiiU.

So if there's a Smash 5 don't expect newcomer characters who last appeared on the DS or Wii.
>>
>>320468454
This just about sums up the entirety of the autistic smash fanbase in a post.

What a bunch of hypocrites.
>>
>>320478145
Bayonetta was the epitome of "where Sakurai listened to the Smash fanbase" but she's definitely not boring.
>>
Corrin is only DLC character I'm not gonna buy
I will block anyone using Corrin in For Glory
For me, Corrin doesn't exist
>>
>>320478145
The only DLC characters that weren't a result of fan demand were Ryu and Corrin.
>>
>>320478513
but roy is totally okay right?

>>320478145
why is mewtwo boring?
>>
>>320478364
Except it wasn't.

He listened to the gamers, not to the smash fanbase.

Bayonetta didn't even make the top 15 in polls taken at popular Smash sites, like Smashboards. In fact, there was a lot of salt over Bayonetta from them cause they didn't get their stupid Crocodile or Rayman.
>>
>>320478706
I guess that's true
>>
>>320478672
Uninteresting moveset limited by Melee's design.
>>
>>320478706
>Rayman
They actually wanted him?
>>
>>320478706
Smash websites don't represent everybody, especially not across the whole world.
>>
>>320478808
Smash autists want anything that feeds into their "I KNOW what will be in Smash! It HAS to be THIS!" delusions.
>>
Im not mad at his inclusion. But I do wish we got the top two top votes instead of the first and a commercial. But whatever. It is what it is.
>>
>>320478771
So what would you hav him hhav them that wouldn't have been possible in melee?

Thee only possible alternate moves I can think of is a long range grab of some kind instead of disable
>>
>>320478808
Yes.

Rayman, K.Rool, Ridley, Shovel Knight, and Bandana Dee were all popular choices at Smashboards.

Hell, I remember half the debates there were "Banjo is not as relevant as Rayman. Rare's mascot that had two games on the 64 doesn't matter, but Rayman has sold sooo much and is very likely to be in Smash."

The mental gymnastics performed over there are truly a sight to behold.
>>
File: 1432758881043.gif (3 MB, 444x338) Image search: [Google]
1432758881043.gif
3 MB, 444x338
>>320478513
Don't be such a pussy. Take Corrin on like a man, and the moment you discover someone wasted money on that piece of shit, 1v1 them and when you force them to play Corrin, rape their ass six ways to Sunday, proving how much of a piece of shit they are for even bothering with that filthy special snowflake.

If that's not enough, make them take you on with two other players as Corrin for backup, and when they inevitably get skullfucked by their own incompetence, they'll never bother with that scum ever again.
>>
>>320478910
this
it wasn't about what they wanted but about what they feel should be in.
>>
>>320478819
That's exactly my point.

The smash fanbase = the autistic whiny manchildren who think Sakurai is a hack for not catering the game to them.

>>320479006
What?
>>
>>320467961
But Corn sucks tho
>>
>>320479072
Thank you Captain
I will do it!
>>
>>320479147
Sorry, my E key is busted and craps on me sometimes.

I was asking what you would change about mewtwo that wouldn't have been possibleee in melee that would make him worth having in smash 4.
>>
>>320479147
I really don't see what your point is here. Are you saying a Smash fan is only a Smash fan as long as they're in the shitty part of the fanbase, and all the fans of Smash that aren't like that don't count as Smash fans?

You could have just said the worst DLC additions were the result of nostalgia fags or something.
>>
>>320478672
>why is mewtwo boring?
In what universe is Mewtwo not boring? He's floaty and slow as fuck.
>>
>>320479796
Quit arguing semantics. You know I'm refering to the retards who speculate rosters over at Smashboards and reddit, and ocassionally leak into here.

>>320479508
I simply wouldn't have added him. His integration in Melee was lackluster, and thanks to that, unlikely to change.

He already got his shot at Smash, and simply wasn't all that. Bringing him back simply doesn't merit excitement.

A returning character will always be far less interesting than a fresh new one.

Even in the case of Snake, who was by far the most interesting missing vet, overall, him coming back pales in comparison to adding Bayonetta or Ryu. And he was my Brawl main, mind you.

Regardless, it's irrelevant, at this point, I'm of the opinion Smash needs a reboot of sorts. Redo the movements on all the staple characters. Refresh the roster. And add new mechanics.

It's massive already, and it can't keep getting bigger.

... after a break ofc.
>>
>>320478145
I whole heartily agree. Then again, I don't particularly like them, but it felt like "good for them, they get to pay $3.99 for their former main, now when do we get something new"
>>
>>320480273
I should clarify, that even if you switch his moveset up a bit, he'd still be far less exciting.
>>
>Fire Emblem is a series that does not even have 10 million sales worldwide
>gets more characters in Smash than Pokemon which is the second best selling franchise in video games
It's nothing but Nintendo blatantly trying to push FE down everyone's throats because after 20 years the series finally became popular with Awakening. That's my issue with so many Fire Emblem characters.
>>
I think people would be a lot more fine with Corn if Lucina or Roy weren't there. Then at least they would all be unique.

Apparently indiefags were really hoping also.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.