[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
/v/s thoughts on MGSV? I loved it. Second chapter is really repetitive and boring, but I loved the imagery and characters. The gameplay has improved in a lot of good ways imo.
>>
crossgen wastad potential mess
>>
>>320467007
It just needs more imo. The FOB event missions aren't cutting it. They just need to make a content update that either puts in new Side Ops or gives you more variants on the main missions, like more Subsistence.
>>
>>320467781
OP here.
Yeah, I agree with that. From what I've seen of FOB, it seems pretty stale. I haven't done online since my PS4 is a piece of shit, but it doesn't really peak my interest. I just want them to add Chapter 3, I'd pay for that shit.
>>
>>320468021
Chapter 3 was never a thing, it was concept or pre-production material that never made it off the ground. And with Kojima and most of his studio gone, there's going to be very little added the game become DLC for Metal Gear Online, overseen by one of Konami's tightly held subsidiaries.
>>
>>320468138
>MGSV will never be the full experience kojima wanted

This is fucking sad way to end the series. I'm not even that mad though, its still not a bad game and 1-4 is still my shit so whatever. Its just sad, everything we saw from the trailers and all the expectations
>>
>>320467007
Venom being a decoy who dies in MG1 is stupid and spits in the face of most of MG2's plot points. It also locks us into position of being Big Boss's bitch.

I am legitimately angry with the scenario that a character who is supposed to be "me" is in and I wish there was an optional chapter where I could work with Zero to screw Big Boss over and get that shitfaced backstabbing snake fucking Russian spy off my base and out of my radio.

Big Boss took Venom's face, identity, and entire life from him. Wouldn't it be fitting if he and Kaz inherited Skull Face's "lust for revenge" after realizing what suckers they were?

The first chapter keeps drilling it in with conflict and hate being cyclical but the second chapter totally fumbles it because everything is pretty much cool after Skull Face is dead. There was absolutely no cycle at all.

The gameplay is meaty. I guess. MGSV isn't a total wash it's just frustrating. Sorry for the blog.
>>
>I will not scatter your ashes to the heartless sea
>your all diamonds

Feels man, feels.
>>
File: mgsv-quiet-full.jpg (67 KB, 575x863) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-quiet-full.jpg
67 KB, 575x863
>>320468881
my dick is diamonds
>>
>>320468746
>Spits in the face of mg2

Cause of one phrase? I hardly think that ruins the whole plot.
>>
The game was fun at first but now it's such a chore just to play it again for me, especially with that long ass konami and kojima production intro when you play the gane, it's like a spit in the face to remind you konami or whatever released what wasn't supposed to be.
>>
As much as I like the multiplayer, it's too slow to load and it's probably going to be shut down in a year or two, so im probably gonna sell the game in a few weeks before the price gets too low
>>
>>320469201
Nah it's not as much as I talk it up to be. I just like to rant about it.

Big Boss being half snatcher robot cyborg was the entire reason he brought Petrovich back into the fold though. And while the fact that Solid Snake has been suffering from nightmares and PTSD from his last encounter with Big Boss isn't totally invalidated, it does kind of cut into it a little when he confronts Big Boss about it.
>>
>>320468746
OP
I liked the Venom reveal, but being Big Bosses bitch sucks. I loved everything up to episode 31, I liked the quarantine, and I like some of the side things, (Paz's story, rescue mother base soldiers, rescue Video, etc etc)
>>
>>320467007
Best game of 2015, narrowly beating out Witcher 3. It's tied with MGS1 as my favorite in the series (and I've played them all, including the original MSX games, the NES port and Snakes Revenge, and the spinoffs). My biggest gripe is that they didn't make the Subsistence/Extreme/Total Stealth variants available for every mission. Also no proper final boss. Still a great game though.
>>
>>320467007
I dont think free roam was suitable for this story it felt like a red herring when theres only 7 missions that have anything to do with the plot. Then again who plays MG for story?

If they couldve just made a linear story and go ham on the detail of each level it could've been a great game. I was so hyped until I had to save some fucking nobody for the 9th time.
>>
>>320468746
I mean, if the point of the game was to make Big Boss into a villain who we hate, I suppose making Venom (aka the player) get fooled and used by BB kind of did the trick. I doubt that's what Kojima intended, but it worked regardless. I like Big Boss much less than I did before V (Venom is pretty rad though).
>>
>>320470380
I think the point was to not make BB a villain per say but just a huge asshole. Not a full blown child killing evil guy, but just a dick. And it justifies what he tells Solid at the end of 4 about how Solid shouldn't like him, he's a dick. Its more to show that the legend of Big Boss was insanely inflated.
>>
after sahelanthropus(extreme) is there any missions new missions left to do?
>>
>>320470983
Thats 41 right? I guess you have 9 more missions to go.
>>
>>320471329
No it's 50.

>>320470983
That's the last one.
>>
>>320470695
>>320470380
Why the fuck did venom smirk at the end? Did he enjoy the feeling (power) of being BB? If I was in his place I would bide my time and do some shit to make BB look even worse. Reputation wise.
>>
>>320471614
I took it as he accepted being "a" Big Boss and was going to go along with the plan. He was pretty much brainwashed.
>>
>>320471329
>>320471612
yeah fuck, was looking for some other new missions for closure but jesus fucking christ what a mess chapter two was, thank god i already seen the ending without going through all the rehash, thanks!
>>
>>320471737
too bad solid snake kills you the medic bro lol
>>
>>320471737
>>320471614
He's supposed to be "you", the player. You're supposed to be happy that you get to be Big Boss, for realsies.

My guess is that this is probably some cultural thing and that Japanese players receive this more positively.
>>
I'd like a game where you play as Big Boss/Venom/Solid during Zanzibar and Outer Heaven. Like, get different perspectives while recreating the old MG games
>>
>>320468746
What do you mean there was no cycle. You know what happens next in the series and even after they kill him kaz admits he feels nothing and is still pretty much dead inside
>>
>>320472071
Not like Venom or Big Boss did much during either event until it was time to turn the tables on Snake.

I bet it would be cool to play as Kyle Schneider, Grey Fox, or Holly White though. Saving hostages, disguising as enemy troops, etc.
>>
>>320467007
>/v/s thoughts on MGSV?

11/10 game until the jeep ride
>>
As a story it absolutely pales in comparison to 1/2/3PW/4, but as a game its god-tier and unfortunately is unfinished due to greedy out-of-touch company. Overall the weakest of the main canon series but is definately the longest
>>
>>320468746
>>320469804

Why do you people keep assuming John and Venom are two different people in MGSV?

Venom is an exact copy of Big Boss in every single way besides his genes. And ZERO made that call, not Naked Snake. Zero had venom created and devised the whole scheme created before John even woke up.
>>
>>320473353
Shoulda made my point clearer.

You are not Big bosses bitch in MGSV, you are Big Boss.
>>
>>320471997
>>320471737
Thanks but thats retarded af. Sure you could be brainwashed to be BB but to just accept it is kind of fucking retarded if you ask me. At some point in mid campaign there should been a moment of realization that you're not the real BB and you try to resist being this icon. Maybe in the chopper it could've shown some memories from the Medic's time in the field prior to the accident. Something that would've contradicted the BB memories.

Hell he shouldve sabotaged Outer Haven gone rogue and conduct the fucked up shit that the trailers heavily implied.
>>
>>320473353
But John and Venom are two different people filling the role of Big Boss. Ocelot only ever calling Naked Snake John, using a totally different tone with him in Japanese, and talking about there only being one real Big Boss tells you this much. Venom doesn't even act like Ishmael does in the same game. You, the player, can take the role of Big Boss but you can't be John.
>>
>>320467007
Op go fuck yourself.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.