[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did anyone REALLY care about him before the ballot came up? Seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: kingkrool.jpg (13 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
kingkrool.jpg
13 KB, 200x226
did anyone REALLY care about him before the ballot came up? Seriously? I don't understand.

He's such a forgettable character I honestly thought his appearances in DKC2 and 3 were different characters for years.
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320463175
Why don't you read a fucking forum that isn't for kids like this one, like sonic retro or dkvine some time.

People there all loved K rool with all their hearts.
>>
>>320463175
Whatever anyone tells you, you're going to dismiss anyways.
Including this.
>>
>>320463318

why would a Sonic fandom give a shit about a Donkey Kong character

>>320463396

I've just never seen any actual fucking appreciation for the character before the ballot. It makes the hype for him feel manufactured.
>>
>>320463175
I wanted the croc in since Brawl but I accepted the fact he wasnt getting in after the mii costume. The choices were an overall 6/10, Bayonetta is cool, Cloud is alright but doesnt belong, and the new Fire Emblem rep they could have at least waited on until the game was released.
>>
>>320463554
People can have more than a single interest, you know.
>>
>>320463554
People want more villains. Also lizardfags that want an alternative to bowser and ridleyfags that got btfo.
>>
>>320463318
>dkvine
Gotta admit even though I go there there are some serious fucking autists there
>>
File: ballotshit.png (432 KB, 1504x1000) Image search: [Google]
ballotshit.png
432 KB, 1504x1000
>>320463175
Yeah, I really loved the DKC games growing up. Been wanting him in Smash ever since I saw his trophy in Melee and though "Ah shit, what if they actually made him playable?" The ballot just made his support way more vocal because it gave people hope that he actually had a chance, because normally he doesn't due to not being used in ages.

I'm more than okay with Bayo, though. She's such a great character and was one of my top picks for the ballot anyway. I accepted that getting recognition through the outfit was probably the best we could hope for a while ago.
>>
File: 1447521094484.jpg (10 KB, 216x255) Image search: [Google]
1447521094484.jpg
10 KB, 216x255
He's based off an animal that FUCKS IN THE MUD, a living dinosaur, has swag, is the color of dank, is large and in charge, is a king and a pirate, what the fuck is there to NOT love?
>>
>>320463175
It's literally Ridleyfag-tier autism
>>
>>320463941
We're guaranteed to gt a RH rep next smash btw
>>
>>320463554
I've wanted him since 4 was announced. Hell even before 4 was announced. For me he was the next step (along with Dixie) in beefing up DK representation over Smash installments.

I didn't jump onto the K.Rool x Ridley thing though. That was weird to me. I still don't really understand why or how that happened.
>>
>wanting to play as some ugly crocodile thing instead of a qt dragon gril

faggots the lot of you
>>
>>320463175
I dunno man Donkey Kong Country came out in 1994, that was a few years before the ballot I think.
>>
OP I've been waiting since Melee...

I thought he was a shoe-in, but I guess I'm the retard in this case. He's never getting in, is he? fuck my fucking life.
>>
I've always thought DKC was overrated as fuck

It's a nice platformer, but fuck some people treat it like the pinnacle of platforming.
>>
>>320465823
>I thought he was a shoe-in
That was a mistake and you let the vocalness of his support in the ballot effect you. Never get your hopes up like that for something that isn't a sure thing.

For example, going into Smash 5, the only things that could truly be considered a shoe-in for the newcomers are Inkling, a new Pokemon, and the most recent Fire Emblem MC.
>>
>>320466421
I'm not talking about the ballot. I just meant in general. I thought he was a shoe-in in Brawl. Then he wasn't in, so when 4 came out I thought "Shit, he HAS to be in this". And he wasn't. So now I just don't care anymore. I've given up.

But yeah I see what you're saying.
>>
>>320465954
you're right the pinnacle of platforming is your mom
>>
>>320466548
I think Melee would have been his best chance since that was the release where he was most relevant. But yeah, as good as he would be, I think Sakurai's thinking is that there's no reason for him to be in when he hasn't been seen in the games for so long. If Retro makes another DKC game and decides to use him as the big bad, THEN maybe he finally could make the cut with Smash 5.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.