[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it live up to the hype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (2 MB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1280x700
Did it live up to the hype?
>>
Yes. Peter Molyneuax could learn something from Monolith
>>
for me personally, yes

only real problems I have with the game are some enemies are fucking damage sponges, trying to figure out where some of the shit is for some of the missions, and some of the music is utter garbage
>>
>>320463045
it did for me. i was hyped as FUCK and I wasn't at all prepared to see the scale of this world
>>
Yep.

Actually it was another one of those games where 4chin was all:

> The japs don't like it! It must be terrible!

And of course, it was just gooks having shit-taste again.
>>
>>320463045
I liked it. Main story was a bit scarce but if you actually did the side missions and affinity/heart to hearts you get a whole load more out of the game.
>>
>>320463296
>The music is utter garbage
U fookin' wot. Except for the NLA theme, the ost was amazing
>>
>>320463162
Peter Molyneux literally did nothing wrong. He was a dreamer who got excited at the possibilities and only wanted to share his excitement and passion for games with the rest of the world.

I think we need more men like him in the industry.
>>
I had 0 expectations, since I've never played a Xeno-anything game, so I don't know.

But I'm about 7 hours in and I like it. I don't love it, but I like it a good deal.

+ Battle system
+ Beautiful World/Map
+ Creature variety
+Weapon/Item/Equipment variety
+MASSIVE world, and no loading screens
+ Half of the soundtrack
- Other half of soundtrack
- Graphics could be better in some instances
- Lack of tracking for items/enemies
- Feels overwhelming at times
- Mediocre story

That being said, I'd definitely buy it. It's pretty good, especially being an RPG on the Wii U.
>>
>>320463528
>You see that mountain, you can climb.
>Can't climb it
Yea, nothing wrong, except bullshit the hell out of everyone
>>
>>320463502
good job leaving out the most important word of my statement: "some"
>>
>>320463385
This. I literally only wanted the game for the world design and goddamn was the wait worth it. XCX is like a masterwork of terrain/world design.
>>
>>320463296
Only song I hated is the battle music you get when fighting monster in a skell. That shit is just fucking awful.
>>
>>320463591
>See that plant you planted, It will be a tree by the end of the game.
What a crock of shit.
>>320463528
Peter only said that in a pale hope to get people off his back because he always fucking did that shit for every game he endorsed and made.
>>
My only complaint is the cutscene camera is retarded as fuck sometimes and gives me motion sickness
>>
>>320463591
That was Todd though
>>
I loved the first xenoblade a lot, so I was pretty hyped. Can't say XCX has lived up to the hype just yet, as I didn't like the game that much when I first started playing. After playing a few more hours today I feel like I'm slowly getting into it, but it's so overwhelming at times that it's kinda off-putting. Honestly for me only time will tell.
>>
>>320464152
>4152▶
>>>320463591 (You)
Eh, close enough. Molyneux made promises like this took, only for all his promises to fall short come the release
>>
I was having fun till the affinity mission with the little girl, now I have to go to another continent I have no idea on how to get there, and I cant abandon it or do story missions.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.