[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
N64
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: n64controller.jpg (2 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
n64controller.jpg
2 MB, 5184x3456
N64 was the best platform of all time.

>QUirkY control set-up that led to innovative implementation in games, such as dual-wielding in Perfect Dark or Star Wars Podracer.
>system most ahead of its time ever released.
>cartridge carts, meaning that there was never any load times. Imagine that with today's games. Imagine if there were no load times. Also, because of this, the game will never degrade like CD's.
>unique graphic filter algorithms and sound chip that led to visuals that can't be replicated like the bosses in Ocarina of Time (Morpha and Bongo Bongo in its shadow form), and sounds that can't be re-recorded.
>low polygonal style whose classy jaggyness was incorporated into the artwork of the games (Starfox/Sin & Punishment). You will never see this again.
>4-player split screen local multiplayer or co-op in games like Jet Force Gemini/Goemon's Great Adventure.

And that's just the perks that it still maintains today. Its games actually use Rumble as a gameplay mechanic. An analog stick with tension, so you know when something feels off. But the best thing was that Nintendo supported this console like thunder. I love Iwata, but the moment he became president, everything at Nintendo became Armageddon. When Yamauchi was president, we got games EVERY year. Something memorable was coming out: Majora's Mask, Smash Bros. Melee, Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, Star Fox Assault; then Iwata's first act as president? DELAY TWILIGHT PRINCESS SO WII HAS A GAME! Thereafter Nintendo got accustomed to starting droughts because he saw we were fine with it.

Nintendo abandoned us during the Gamecube era, but its because we abandoned them during the 64.
>>
Dreamcast appreciation thread?
>>
>>320457467
pretty much this. way better library
>>
>>320457108
still play n64 with a bunch of different people, regular matches of

>smash 64
>diddy kong racing
>conkers bad fur day
>mario party 3
>NFL blitz
>wayne gretsky's 3d hockey
>mario tennis
>mario golf

i prefer mario party 1 & 2 but im a minority
>>
top 10 N64 games:

1. Sin and Punishment
2. Goemon's Great Adventure
3. Wave Race 64
4. Paper Mario
5. F-Zero X
6. Bomberman Hero
7. Mischief Makers
8. Bangai-O
9. Jet Force Gemini
10. Project Wonder J2
>>
File: zlCfzRP8Nsczc2vU-s.png (4 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzRP8Nsczc2vU-s.png
4 KB, 320x120
Mario 64
>A game with physics so advance that to this day they cannot be matched even with today's hardware advances.
Banjo-Kazooie
>The game with the most realized and uniform world ever created.
OoT
>widely considered the best game of all time.
MM
>the internet's undisputed favorite and most discussed game 2000 - 2010.
Forsaken 64
>a first-person shooter whose gameplay cannot be simulated with a mouse because it has an untethered fully rotational gameplay scheme.
Flying Dragon
>the only video game to never be 100% completed, yet seemingly possible to do so.
Winback
>a third-person shooter so ahead of its time that games are still ripping off it today.
Paper Mario
>considered by /v/ to be the best JRPG of all time.
>>
>>320457929
as much as I love 1 and 2, the minigames in them are unbalanced as fuck
>>
>You will never go to Toys R Us with Pokemon Snap and have your pictures printed.
>>
>>320457108
Nasty, looks like it was painted with spray paint. I bet the paint get sticky to the touch when your hands sweat.
>>
File: 1344864179839.gif (389 KB, 159x124) Image search: [Google]
1344864179839.gif
389 KB, 159x124
>>320457108
>low polygonal style
I miss some of the charm from that era
>>
>>320459198
I miss when both the N64 and PS1 were really fucking good. Same with the Genesis and SNES.
It made sense to have console wars. Now? Everything is just a multiplat machine
>>
>>320458256
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.