[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawn of War 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Warhammer_40,000_Dawn_of_War_II.jpg (168 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_40,000_Dawn_of_War_II.jpg
168 KB, 300x367
How well does it stack up against the first game?
>>
No base building. Fewer units. Campaign is pretty fun.
>>
>>320456370
I see. Guess I'll go with the first game instead.
>>
Its pretty good, the expansions more so.
Plays differently than the first though.
>>
>>320456443
If you're curious, wait until it's on sale for 75% on steam.
>>
>>320456443
Its more focused on hero units, so a small squad based game with many abilities. It's still enjoyable as a sequel since the story carries over.

I don't know if RTT is the proper term for it.
>>
>>320456939
I agree with this, it does go on sale every now and then. Its the reason I got all of DoW1 and 2's expansions.
>>
>>320456443
get the ultimate apocalypse mod.
titans
nids
tons more units
>>
>>320455419
DoW 1 is a great RTS that revolutionised resource collection in the genre to favour an aggressive, changing battlefield with meaning all over.

DoW 2 is Diablobs. You make a bunch of (ie not many at all in reality because the pop cap is super low) units and order them around in a great big snarl while occasionally popping individual squads' abilities with a needlessly obtuse interface to do so.

DoW 1 also has that Iron Legion mod which was magnificent, dunno if it was updated to work on the later expansion packs though. Either way, DoW 1 >>> DoW 2.
>>
File: tumblr_nwi6jlAViN1rmerh9o1_1280.jpg (143 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwi6jlAViN1rmerh9o1_1280.jpg
143 KB, 550x512
>>320455419

>tfw if they'd actually made it CoH in spess and hadn't reduced the scale to rpg-tier amounts of units, it would've been 10/10

Still great though, but >>320457149 is completely right

>mfw Angron
>>
>>320457149
This. I love playing as IG and going against Orks with all the unit addons turned on. Shit gets intentse.
>>
>>320455419
It's a different game than the first game with more micro than mashing the reinforce button
>>
>>320455419
They're too different to bear any meaningful comparison.
>>
>>320457795
I don't understand this image, but people post it a lot. Why is that post over JFK?
>>
>>320455419
It's fun as fuck. People hated it because it shifted away from the traditional rts elements.
>>
>>320459162
>he doesn't know why JFK was aerated
oh boy.
>>320458449
the Stormhammer gets me hard as diamonds
the necrons can go fuck themselves though
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.