[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe how broken they made Cloud. Is it just me,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: super_smash_bros_cloud_4[1].jpg (105 KB, 1013x585) Image search: [Google]
super_smash_bros_cloud_4[1].jpg
105 KB, 1013x585
I can't believe how broken they made Cloud. Is it just me, or is he just too OP? I don't think I've honestly won a single match against a Cloud player. For someone with that much reach and power, not to mention the easily spammable projectile, I'm not sure how to even fight against him. It doesn't help that it seems everybody plays him as if they have already mastered combos. It's just not fun playing against him.
>>
>>320446208
Toss him off the stage. His recovery is almost Little Mac-tier bad unless his Limit gauge is maxed out.
>>
>>320446208
>has only been out for one day
>he's broken, guys!
>>
Read his airdodge because a certain Cloud player I fought spammed airdodges when i woud go for followups. Get him off the stage, back air when he uses climhazzard so he dies.
>>
Shield. Cloud can't do crap but grab you and his grabs are shit. Most Cloud mains aren't being smart though his Limit break side B is ridiculous offstage as a kill confirm
>>
Why is no one using classic Cloud, you pieces of shit?
>>
>>320446208
Cloud only has 3 possible combos, 2 of which only work at 40% and 60%

Cloud is best played as a zoner, through neutral B out whever you can and punish anyone who gets close using your massive sword range to poke them out.
>>
>>320447260
Don't worry anon I use Red color soldier outfit.
>>
CONS
Shit air recovery.
Shit recovery on attacks
Useless normals outside uair, bair, u tilt, d tilt and fmash
forward b fails to combo
Only has 3-4 combos
Shit throws

PROS
Amazing hit priority
Sword's hurtbox extends out longer than cloud's hitbox, leaving cloud save on most of his attacks.
Is cloud from FF7
>>
>>320447260
>wielding a katana without a trench coat
>>
>>320446208
I wrecked some Cloud's shit with Falco today.
You're right though, it can be a pain to play against him with lag
>>
>>320447461
You dipshit in Limit break mode his landing lag is non existent. Seriously try it in training.
>>
>>320447260
Because sleeveless Advent Children outfit is objectively great.
>>
>>320446208
What Characters are you using?
>>
the problem with Cloud is that his attacks have little cooldown and pretty good windup, and generally long reach. Meaning he's a pain in the ass to punish.

Add in his limit breaks KOing at relatively low %s from anywhere in the stage, and a projectile to help him camp and charge the limit meter, and he just ends up being uneven.
>>
>>320447652

oh right i forgot you have lb 100% of the game, silly me
>>
>>320447260
Why go with the boring slab of metal that is the Buster Sword when I could be using the Fusion Sword instead?
>>
>>320446208
Broken? I think he's shit desu.
Link is better than him and there's still no reason to not pick Sheik.
>>
>>320447854

I played three rounds earlier and got buttfucked as Roy, did a little better as Samus (not ZSS) and then more fudge packing as DDD. But I'm not much of a risk taker and don't follow people over the edge for followup attacks, so I guess Cloud is a good opportunity to try getting better at those.
>>
>>320446208
Bayo is going to knock him out of the mako
>>
>>320447461
I think you've got hitbox and hurtbox mixed up, there. I mean, they ARE totally made up words, so it's understandable.
>>
>>320449167
It's 3am sorry
>>
>>320447307
forward throw to f-tilt is a strong frame trap
>>
>>320448875
The most glaring weakness of Cloud is that his Up-B doesnt auto snap the ledge.

You can spam down tilt near ledge with roy and win, the issue is Cloud has safe aerials than you. I would sheild often and use Up-B out of shield since it has armor on startup.

Samus is just bad T_T and heavies have problems against cloud being that he can kill bowser at 60% fucking christ im glad bowser got a hoo-ha though.

Basically you dont even need to meteor him or anything just make him use his double jump and lightly tap him of stage.
>>
>>320449167
Every word is made up
>>
>>320446208
Haven't lost to a Cloud as Lucas yet, and most of my 'Dorf matches have been victories too. You just need to be patient. It's a new character so matchups aren't well understood yet. You might just be playing better Clouds than we are. Or you need to git gud.
>>
>>320449563
Oh yeah and sheild loads since he has no kill throw set ups at all
>>
>>320449285
>living on the wrong side of the planet
Explains it.
>>
>>320446208
FUCK HIS FUCKING RECOVERY

AND THE PRIORITY OF HIS MOVES TOO, WHY THE FUCK IS FUCKING BOWSER FASTER AT HITTING THAN CLOUD?

But yeah that aside, he's fun.
>>
>>320448087
Fuckin this
I only wish it had a different final smash
>>
>>320448902
Bayo is gonna be so fun, it looks like they perfectly nailed the gameplay of her games with her moveset
>>
>>320449660
I lost to one as Samus but had little problem with DK. But just seeing him play makes me feel that he can be seriously OP if used properly.
>>
>>320447461
>Useless normals outside uair, bair, u tilt, d tilt and fmash
And his great nair with it's massive, Ike-like coverage. And his two easy spikes in fair and dair. And his u smash reaching to the heavens. And a powerful d smash. And the megaman/dedede slide d tilt.

Oh, wait, ALL of his normals are good.
>>
>>320447461
>Amazing hit priority
What the fuck are you on about? His priority is dogshit
>>
>>320451007
>His priority is dogshit
That's wrong, and you are an idiot. His u air and u smash can beat out links fucking dair.
>>
>>320446208
Nigger what's ur ID, I wanna see.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.