[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Padding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1440388036912.jpg (2 MB, 2783x2796) Image search: [Google]
1440388036912.jpg
2 MB, 2783x2796
You know, many games wouldn't turn out for the worse if you'd be able to skip padding in form of encounters. Yakuza, SMT, FFIV... these games are padded to hell and back with encounters you cannot possibly lose, you can mash buttons at random until you get to the boss or a more demanding sequence. But if they were to be excised a 100 hour playthrough would drop tenfold.

I wish retropatching was possible. Video games need not tout themselves as timesinks and the fanbase need not neccessarily view this as a good thing.

Would you really complain if someone modded out most of Deadly Premonition's "combat"?
>>
>>320446027
Random battles in Yakuza are fun as hell, though
>>
>>320446172
To a certain extent. I'm near the end of Y1 and it's really taxing after a while, the street stoppage, the loading screen, then the extremely simplistic gameplay ending in basically QTE animations. Game has a lot of charm but I feel like those harmless thugs are tugging at your sleeve saying "wait, we have to prolong your playtime"!
>>
>>320446027
I wouldn't mind it if you can actually see your enemies on screen
>>
>>320446027
>SMT
>these games are padded to hell and back with encounters you cannot possibly lose

Looks like you've never played an SMT game, huh?
>>
>Kamiya is higher than Mikami

My only issue with the list. I suppose Kamiya's games are more varied, but Mikami's games are usually of higher quality. That and Mikami is quite the producer too.
>>
>Hidetaka Miyazaki in average tier

Opinion discarded
>>
>>320446027
What padding does FFIV even have? I can't think of one area that felt padded and bonus shit doesn't count.
>>
>>320446941
Shit gameplay, good map design, don't see the problem.
>>
>>320446027

I like how its easy to spot Nagoshi because of his plastic face
>>
>>320446027
Everyone in that list should be in average tier or irrelevant. When was the last time Kamiya even confessed to being part of game design? When was the last time Kojima had a full game that was actually a game?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.