[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: wii-u-final-hardware-9.jpg (24 KB, 913x516) Image search: [Google]
wii-u-final-hardware-9.jpg
24 KB, 913x516
What have you been enjoying on Wii U lately bros?

Any games you you still need to pick up or go back to?
>>
xbot here, hope you fellas are alright
thinking about getting a wii u for bayo 2, is it worth it?
>>
>>320446953
No
>>
>>320446953
I guess. Go into it knowing that you're buying a console for about half a dozen worthwhile games and some downloadable classics and you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>320447030
well shit, why not?
>>
File: lego-master-chief.jpg (17 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lego-master-chief.jpg
17 KB, 500x375
>>320447119
Recommend me some games man, I like virtually anything no matter how niche it is
>>
>>320446953
You should always buy a console that has at least 5 games you wanna play

Bayonetta 1/2
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
Fatal Frame V
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

All depends what you're into
>>
>>320447368
I wanna play about 7/8 of those games, and I got money to burn so that looks fucking great, would also be a really nice companion system,

switching back and forth between KI and smash is my dream
>>
Got one about a week ago. Pretty much only have Splatoon and WW but they're both games I've wanted to play for a while.
What pushed me to finally get one was #FE though

Its backwards compatible right? Any interesting wii games I missed out on and anything on VC worth getting? the only other nintendo console I've ever had was a gamecube for like 5 minutes when I was a dumb weeaboo and only played pokemon on it.
>>
>>320447514
Go for it then, seems like a no brainer. There's plenty more than those games listed too.
>>
>>320447516
yeah man i heard it plays wii games and can be hacked to play some roms
>>
>>320447618
thanks guys imma get one in the morning
>>
>>320447516
yeah it's backwards compatible. there are good wii games you can catch up on

>Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
>Pandora's Tower
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>Sin and Punishment 2
>Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
>Another Code R
>Resident Evil 4
>>
>>320446953
>>320447259
>>320447825

I can't be the only one who finds it adorable that the Xbot declared his presence and current feelings exclusively with Master Chief pictures right?
>>
>>320447259
Mario Kart, Super Smash (obv choices), Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD. Those are the half a dozen good games that exist for the Wii U. I really only consider it worthwhile because I missed out on the Wii, so I have a decent backlog.
>>
I got mine on Black Friday, it was $270 with Splatoon and Smash Bros. pre-installed

I feel like those two games alone justified the purchase, especially Splatoon

Getting XCX as soon as I get paid. The rest of my wish list is:

Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Star Fox and LoZ in 2016

If those are the games that get you excited, Wii U is 4U
>>
>>320448814
What about 3D World?
>>
>>320448926
Probably get it eventually, it just doesn't come before any of those other games for me.
>>
>>320449081
Ah okay cool
>>
>>320447825

I still got that helmet too. Also the Reach statue.
>>
>>320447825
>>320447368
>>320446953
My brother's an Xbot. He loves Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, though.
>>
Didn't care for Xeno at all. Looking forward mostly to Zelda U at this point. Maybe Starfox. Kinda depressing the system is basically dead
>>
File: P_20151216_220719.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
P_20151216_220719.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
Here's my collection while at college. Bayo 2 and Smash are out in the living room with the actual console.

I'm still missing so many games. Tropical freeze, XBX, loads of 3DS games.

I have Pikmin 3, WWHD, MH3U, and Fast Racing Neo on the console itself. All fantastic games. This console may be one sided on game selection but it's got some of the best platformers and action games of the past decade imo
>>
Just got devils third. It's not bad. It's not great, either. It's just stupid fun.

Gonna give bayo another play through
>>
>>320449617

Looking forward to Pokken and Pikmin 4 myself.
>>
>>320449981
I'm looking forward to Pokken too. And Starfox a lot, because it looks great at this point.
I'm also probably going to buy Kowashitai
>>
>>320449981
>Pikmin 4
There's really nothing but rumors at this point. Could be NX or even 3DS for all we know
>>
Anyone else got any opinions on devils third? Or just me -__-
>>
I'm either going to buy a wiiu for sm4sh or a ps4 for skullgirls.
can I play most wiiu games without that giant controller?
>>
>>320450315
My cousin said it's pretty average. But the multi is fun as fuck because of how ridiculous it is.

>>320450369
>PS4 for skullgirls
this has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. To answer your question, yes. Pro controllers work for most everything, but the gamepad really isn't bad at all.
>>
>>320450485
well not just skullgirls. bloodborne, wattam, and maybe SFV too.
why is that dumb though?
>>
>>320450315
Most people can't afford to waste money on obviously bad games
>>
>>320450779
because my HP laptop with integrated can run skullgirls at 60 fps fullscreen.
If you have other games you want for it that actually warrant any real hardware like Bloodborne then yeah that's up to you.
I usually have a limit of at least 6 games I want before I get a console. Wii U passed that mark over a year ago for me. I'd just say go with whatever system has the most games you want on it.
>>
>>320450485
It's good to hear that not everyone is shitting on it just because. It's an alright game. It's arcadey and feels game like, and ridiculous, as your cousin said.
>>
>>320451294
Yeah I'm afraid it already reached memetic status though so either way it's going to get trashed because the majority don't like to think.

It's a shame because that game went through one of the worst dev hells I've ever seen. THQ really screwed the pooch on that one. It really COULD have been a genuinely fun and interesting experience. As of now it's probably a solid bargain bin buy.
>>
>>320451748
No chance you'll ever find it in a bargain bin though
>>
>>320451748
It will never reach bargain bin status. Not enough copies were in circulation. It's an okay ham, and I'm glad I bought it.
>>
>>320452137
>>320452190
While that's definitely a possibility, W101 sold pitifully and I still bought it new for $26 from target. So I dunno
>>
>>320452305
Check eBay. There are only like 600 copies of Devils Third in NA.
>>
I haven't really played any new Wii U games all year, but I did recently go back and 100% complete Bayonetta 2.

Now the only Platinum game I haven't 100% completed is The Wonderful 101. I'll go back and do it sometime soon because I absolutely love the game, but I've been putting it off because there are so many fucking collectibles/secrets in that game that I'm going to need to be glued to a walkthrough for the entire thing, and I'm shit at shmups so getting Platinums/Pure Platinums on all the shmup sections will be awful.

I'll also probably go back to Hyrule Warriors for the first time in a long time once the 3DS version comes out, since you're supposed to be able to transfer the content to Wii U. My bro is getting it and doesn't have a Wii U, so we're just going to transfer the stuff from his game to mine.
>>
>>320452681
>3DS Hyrule Warriors
>Skull Kid is in
>Wasn't included with the MM DLC
I'm still mad af
>>
>>320450204

Pretty sure development was confirmed to be pretty far along.

They just never confirmed which system.
>>
hey will a usb flash drive work for wii u? i got donkey kong tropical freeze as a platinum reward recently and i had to make room for it by deleting 2 other digital games. now my storage is pretty much full and i dont want to have to buy an expensive hardrive just to store a couple of games on it.
>>
>>320453421
>expensive hard drive
External 250 gig hard drives are sub-30 bucks
flash drives will work but it might wear it out pretty fast because the wii U always defaults to saving to external storage iirc
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.