[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why do you pirate anon? >Don't you know its harming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1414864302237.jpg (31 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1414864302237.jpg
31 KB, 251x242
>Why do you pirate anon?
>Don't you know its harming the industry??
>Just buy the game you shithead!
>>
>>320443372
I agree just as long as the game deserves the money.
>>
>>320443372
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>320443372
I'll buy it if the multiplayer is fun but hard to find a room to play in the pirated version.
>>
I like when people try to justify pirating beyond that they're cheap and don't want to buy the game
>>
I'm poor and willing to steal anything I can, that includes entertainment.

fuck you fat cat americans.
>>
do whatever you want desu

but if you pirate you shouldn't bitch about the quality of games
>>
>>320446292
I am but one person and the industry stopped making games I liked a decade ago.
>>
>>320446418
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>320446214
ur cool
>>
i hate the game industry
>>
>>320446418
Then why are you here?
Fuck off and get a new hobby.
>>
>Harming the industry
I only pirate games i wasn't going to buy in the first place anyway
And if i really like the game i stop playing and the buy it
>>
>>320446418
>I am but one person

You and a billion other people who pirate say the same thing. Look, I know that DRM will never stop pirates and only hurts paying customers, but being a pirate should not be a "right", you are still getting a product for free that other people had to pay for, not to mention that it costs money to make those games, so if you like a game you should buy it. And before you say "well why don't those people just pirate too if they don't like how I am getting it for free", if everyone pirated, then people would not make games. But if everyone buys the game instead of pirating it, then devs have a reason to keep making games that like that. Its like welfare, not everyone can be a lazy nigger and just collect tax payer money, SOMEONE was to work(as in buying the game)

>>320447893
>I only pirate games i wasn't going to buy in the first place anyway

This is a dumb reason because the only reason why you "weren't going to buy it anyway" is because you can just pirate it. Just because you were not going to buy it does not give you the right to just have the game for free. Its like sneaking in a movie and saying "well I was not going to buy this ticket anyway so its okay for me just see it for free, maybe I will buy the ticket after".
>>
>>320443372
I live in a third world country, so its socially acceptable.
As a first world country is your duty to buy stuff and keep the economy going on.
>>
>people have no problem with using a method to get music/movie/tv/books for free
>yet you're hitler if you do it for videogames
>>
>>320443372
>Don't you know its harming the industry??
the industry can burn for all care
>>
>>320444843
>I'd only pay for this food if it deserves the money
No.
>>
>>320449040
>I'm poor, so I deserve to not pay
Shut up, be grateful they haven't develop a buyer friendly DRM system
>>
File: 230 - faggot piracy pirate.jpg (96 KB, 687x819) Image search: [Google]
230 - faggot piracy pirate.jpg
96 KB, 687x819
>>320447893
kys
>>
>>320449398
But I eat food to live.

Gaming is just a side thing.

"Great" comparison desu senpai
>>
I just don't care. Not even in an edgy way but I'm not really bothered by doing it. If the game industry crashed I wouldn't care. I have other stuff to do. Sorry you fags are so butthurt over it
>>
>>320444843
>Just because I play their game doesn't mean they deserve my money
>>
>>320449606
That's obviously talking about, e.g., restaurant food.
>>
>>320449778
Well then I wouldnt pay 60 bucks do buy shit now would I?

I would spend the 60 bucks on the best thing in the menu.

I'm not a pirater, but you shitheads need to deal with it, if pirates are really ruining the industry by stealing money from developers why are they still around?
>>
File: 1449380147413.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1449380147413.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>320443372
>Your game is shit
>How do you know, You havent played it?
>I watched a video, it look shit
>You have to play the game to have an opinion.

>Why do you pirate?
>I want to try the game to see if its good
>Just go watch a gameplay video!
>>
>>320450262
what are demos?
sadly not many games have them anymore
>>
>>320450025
>if ruining the industry, why is it still around?
Appeal to extremes.

There's no just getting out of paying for restaurant food if it tastes pretty awful.

Furthermore, the ability to discern if a game is worth a purchase simply from videos and features is called fucking standards. You do have standards, yeah? The only other excuse is being poor.. which still comes back to standards, a la gitting gud at something more than fucking around playing games.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.