[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Splatoon is Nintendo's hottest new thing right now. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
Splatoon is Nintendo's hottest new thing right now. It's a successful new IP that Nintendo has been promoting and advertising and giving a lot of thought to, so it made perfect sense for them to get a playable character in Smash. If that's the case, WHY THE FUCK would Sakurai put higher priority into adding a character from a series that already had many reps? Did he think the Mii Costumes for the Inklings were good enough? I'm just really confused why they didn't get in. And don't say, it would be better to save them for Smash 5! They won't be as relevant by then! This was the perfect opportunity to put them into the game, but Sakurai fucking blew it!
>>
hype for smash 5 obviously
>>
Splatoon has already been a success, they don't need to push it any further, Fire emblem Fates though needs it.
>>
>>320442974

because nintendo is desperate for Fire Emblem to get an audience in the US
>>
>>320443113
this
>>
>>320442974
Sakurai does not like or really care for Splatoon, so, as he would put it:

"I do not see how this character would fit in as a fighter, it's just not feasable".
>>
it's almost like sakurai is a hack who hates his fans and doesn't want to do anything he personally doesn't like
>>
>>320443861
But he gave us Little Mac (popular in the West), Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta.
>>
>>320443135
They better not censor anything in the game then. :^)
>>
No one outside of man children on /v/ and Reddit plays splatoon
>>
>>320442974
Thank fucking goodness Inklings didnt make it in, based Sakurai saving us for a few more years.
>>
>>320443113
If I recall smash was about the greatest Nintendo characters duking it out, I mean it's branched out to smaller titles and 3rd parties but not to hawk their shit
>>
>>320444024
>Little Mac
Corporate probably asked him to do it.

>Mega Man
He probably wanted to put Mega Man in anyway. No one really thought it would happen, so its not like there was a huge following that requested him for Smash 4.

>Pac Man
He wanted to get him in since Brawl.

>Ryu
Done for promotion of SFV and a PR boost for E3 time.

>Cloud
Done for promotion of FFVII Remake, and of course, more PR.

>Bayonetta
We at least know she was #1 for the ballot in Europe, but we'll never know who the global #1 was.
Out of all the top choices, he figured: "This will be easy to implement!" She already has a fully rigged and animated model optimized for the Wii U. Bayo was the perfect backup plan if the true winner is someone he doesn't like.
>>
>>320442974
Holy shit

You faggots are so boring

The whole point of the ballot was to get in somebody who could never otherwise get in, usually 'cuz of laws and permission

We got fucking six third parties

SIX

are you fucking nuts, you wanted some shit squid character

Just download the Mii outfit and fuck off
>>
>>320444548
Pac-Man was added because of the team up with Namco and Bandai.
>>
>>320444410
Not since Yoshi/Ness/Captain Falcon got into the original game to advertise Yoshi's Story/Earthbound 64/F-Zero X.
>>
>>320443113
This guy gets it.
>>
>>320444853
this

How else would we even get Cloud or Bayonetta?

I would have loved K. Rool as much as the next person but I'd rather see 3rd parties more than anything. Fuck that's the only reason why I wanted Snake so badly but instead we got some FE character no one knows or cares about because nintendo had to stick their noses in.
>>
>>320444853
I wasn't complaining about Bayonetta. Inklings should have gotten in over Corrin, period. You can't argue this.
>>
>>320445702
Only waifufags are happy with Corin, everyone else hates that we have our 30th FE character.
>>
>>320442974
Two words: Brand Recognition

Not to mention that the 3DS probably can't render them accurately. Enjoy your Mii costume.
>>
>>320442974
While I like Inklings, (and they'll probably be in Smash 5) technical difficulties could be a thing. This interview regarding Splatoon was recent, and one of the questions involved a 3DS installment.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/12/16/splatoon-devs-talk-future-updates-and-why-the-series-wouldnt-work-on-3ds.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

>Could the series ever work on the 3DS? Do you have any plans or hopes to make a handheld version perhaps similar to what Nintendo did with Super Smash Bros?

>Amano: With the splattering of ink, which is definitely key to the game, this is something we spent a lot of time on getting the feel and the look of exactly like we wanted. I think that's something that would be quite difficult to realize on the 3DS considering its limitations.

The 3DS version of Smash might not be really fitting for Inklings at this time, hardware wise.
>>
>>320443113
Many other games needed it wayy more
>W101
>XcX
>Codename STEAM
>Fatal Frame

Corrin is a shit choice no matter how you put it
>>
>>320447130
STEAM and 101 are both commercial blunders and years old. There is literally nothing they could do to turn that around.

Not defending Corrin because Sakurai deserves to burn for that but still those dont have much business getting in on the idea that it could make any significant difference in their sales.
>>
File: 1434478152387.png (573 KB, 534x915) Image search: [Google]
1434478152387.png
573 KB, 534x915
>>320445702
Yes I can. How hyped would you be for Smash 5 if Corrin was announced as a fighter? Not a whole lot. But what if an Inkling was in Smash 5? Totes!

They're not gonna blow their load on dlc characters, at least not Nintendo characters, for a game that's on a piece of hardware that's planned to be outdated by the end of next year.
>>
>>320447472
I don't believe Corrin would make a difference either

People are already aware of Fire Emblem due to Marth
>>
>>320444548
>all this assuming and guessing

Jeez, and Rare held Sakurai at gunpoint so they used the western design in smash 64 since we're making up stories here
>>
Smash Bros. games largely focus on additions from the console generation before them.
>>
>>320448593
They were aware but Corrin will hook the self-insert waifufags
>>
File: death by snoo snoo.gif (911 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
death by snoo snoo.gif
911 KB, 500x345
>>320447760
>that picture
>>
>>320448691
>Rare held Sakurai at gunpoint
It was knife point, the gun control restrictions are tough over there.
>>
>>320448943
Artist is mofuringu if you need more.
>>
File: varying degrees of want.jpg (74 KB, 505x471) Image search: [Google]
varying degrees of want.jpg
74 KB, 505x471
>>320449192
>those tits
>but she has balls
>but those tits
>but she has balls
>>
I'm really confused that they went with Corrin over the Inklings if they wanted to develop a new character from scratch to promote a newer game.

That's just flat-out favoritism on Sakurai's part in my opinion.
>>
>>320449927
Making them a non shitty gunner rip off was likely too intensive on the 3DS hardware.
>>
>>320444548
Wtf, rigging done for Wii U? How autistic are you? They could use textures at the most.
>>
No, they're genius. When the next console and inevitable Splatoon sequel comes around, they'll announce them for Smash to gain hype and make sure the game sells, since sequels commonly sell less.
>>
Complain more, maybe Sakurai will take note and scrap Corrin for them.

Seriously, what did you hope to accomplish with this?
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320442974
Neo-nintendo shit for pedophiles has no place in smash.

At least not until they get the true allstars out of the way
>>
>>320455631
>K. Rool
>true all-star
Pick one.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.