[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So We've had a deconstruction of the Military FPS And a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1416406370697.jpg (10 KB, 209x233) Image search: [Google]
1416406370697.jpg
10 KB, 209x233
So We've had a deconstruction of the Military FPS
And a deconstruction of JRPGs, What's the next genre you want to see get a deconstruction? I personally think "Indie games" are in dire need of one.
>>
>>320441215
>deconstruction
>>>/a/
>>
"indie game" isn't a thematic genre, it's an economic classification
>>
>>320441215
I do not think you're using that word correctly.
>>
>>320441321
If i had to pick one I'd say the indie platformer, but I mean the general tone of a select few games more then anything
>>
Psuedointellectual alert.
>>
>>320441445
MODS DELETE THIS
>>
>We've had a deconstruction of the Military FPS

What?
>>
>>320441321
No shit. But it's too late. Just talked to some faggot I used to go to high school with and he was explaining how he loved the "indie groove" of indie music.
>>
>>320441445

thank god, means harrison wont get dragged out for the next one
>>
>>320441615
The interactive art game known as SpecOps:The Line
>>
>>320441215
what does deconstructing something that isnt a building even mean
>>
>>320441215
A deconstruction of the mmorpg. You can grind a boss for hours on end for the 1% chance of a slightly better weapon or you can just wait and eventually new content appears which is much better than that boss's drop. Wait too long and all the npcs disappear until it's just you.
>>
>>320441215
Your mom's house so she has to come and live with me. Hello, my new stepson.
>>
>>320441215
A deconstruction of a deconstruction of a genre.
>>
>>320441703
I was thinking to myself when I saw that scene that the only reason Ford accepted the role is because they told him Han Solo would die.
>>
>>320441215
LoL originally sounded like a game that put lots of reasoning to Mobas. Like you play as a freelance summoner who makes a contract with a champion and you fight other champions controlled by summoners since there are no more wars and shit.

RTS deconstruction sounds cool
Like every unit you own has a family and his/her own aspirations and then you just send wave after wave of them to die.
Problem is how to make it fit with the RTS stuff.
>>
>>320442526
Could work if you had a city management aspect
>>
>>320441774
spec ops isnt a FPS and its story is a huge fucking strawman
>>
>>320442343
He probably forced it into the script himself
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.