[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who killed everyone in the knife ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
File: JunpeiBlood.png (463 KB, 582x1135) Image search: [Google]
JunpeiBlood.png
463 KB, 582x1135
Who killed everyone in the knife ending?
>>
>>320429245
I can't quite remember, but I think it was Ace.
He was the one with the most to gain from the bracelets the game said was taken, and other endings like Safe and True revealed his intentions too.
He was also the killer in Sub, pretending to be dead by lying in a body of blood while Junpei passes by.
>>
>>320429560
>He was also the killer in Sub, pretending to be dead by lying in a body of blood while Junpei passes by.

Who opened the door if Junpei had just gotten the key for it like 30 seconds before? Why didn't Ace just fuck off in the sub? Why was there even a sub in there if the experiment was designed so that the cremation chamber was the only exit?
>>
Pretty sure it was something like Ace pretending to be dead.
>>
>>320429947
Not sure about the door, but if you've seen the true ending, you'd know they're not actually on the sinking ship.
They were on the control site. The sub wouldn't have gone anywhere.
Ace knew this, because he was behind the first Nonary game, so he knew he had to get to the 9 door.
>>
File: axe.png (346 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
axe.png
346 KB, 500x375
The creator said Ace in a QA, and he's the most believable anyway since the only other person to fucking murder everyone was Clover and she wouldn't have snapped yet at that point in the story so I doubt it would be her.
>>
>>320429560
>>320429947

The sub ending was my next question, it felt the most gruesome and I was wondering what it was for though I assumed it might be a red herring like the coffin. It might seem like an escape but is just another puzzle room where you don't actually get to do the puzzle because someone intervenes.
>>
>>320430287
>That scene of her and the music.

Scariest shit in the whole game.
>>
>>320430249
>Not sure about the door, but if you've seen the true ending, you'd know they're not actually on the sinking ship.
>They were on the control site. The sub wouldn't have gone anywhere.
>Ace knew this, because he was behind the first Nonary game, so he knew he had to get to the 9 door.

The site was made to mirror the ship. If there was an accessible sub in the site, there was an accessible sub in the ship. Why the fuck was there an accessible sub in the ship?
>>
Go on the main site and there's a Q&A section, OP
>>
>>320430293
I can't remember why Ace killed EVERYONE in sub ending, but it was definitely him.
He'd also have all the bracelets in that ending, so even though the final door was actually q instead of 9, he would have escaped eventually through trial and error.

>>320430490
Not sure.
I can only assume that it was blocked off on both the ship and the site.
After all, I'm pretty sure the devs said in the Q&A interview that the sub went nowhere, and couldn't be used for escape.
>>
>>320430556
spoonfeedplease
>>
>>320430741
I'd never do that. Don't be nuts!
>>
>>320430741
Literally go to the 999 official web site.
>>
File: clovurr.jpg (24 KB, 512x307) Image search: [Google]
clovurr.jpg
24 KB, 512x307
>>320430447
It turned me on a little
>>
If you assume there is only one killer, the numbers will always lead to Ace.

The Clover thing was a one time thing in a fringe universe.
>>
>>320430696
>I can only assume that it was blocked off on both the ship and the site.

But it wasn't since you get the key for it and everything in the sub ending. I think the author just forced it in to add mystery to the story, even if it's logically inconsistent with the rest of the plot.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-17+at+09.56.10).png (48 KB, 554x272) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-17+at+09.56.10).png
48 KB, 554x272
>>320430741
Literally on the 999 official website, one google search away

>>320430989
Here's a screencap of the dev answer.
>>
File: 1447123076740.jpg (19 KB, 105x199) Image search: [Google]
1447123076740.jpg
19 KB, 105x199
>>320431138
>Here's a screencap of the dev answer.
>>
>>320431320
It says that you couldn't use the sub in building Q to escape, as it was blocked off.
Isn't that what we were talking about?
>>
Ok here is another question. In an ending where ace isn't sent to door 1, what happens to that fat fucker dressed as the captain? I remember thinking about this as soon as it was obvious who he was in the canon ending.
>>
>>320431530
I believe that happens in Axe ending, where Clover goes to door 1.
She snaps about her brother being dead, kills him with the axe, and goes on to murder others for their bracelets.
>>
>>320431446
Ok let's try this again:

THE SITE was an 1:1 reproduction of THE SHIP. Therefore, if there was a sub on THE SITE, there was a sub on THE SHIP.

THE SHIP was made as an experiment to test telepathy or whatever. It was intended that the only exit would be the cremation chamber which also served as the ultimate test. Therefore, it does not make sense that THE SHIP would have an accessible exit with a sub, furthermore it would make even less sense for the sub on THE SHIP to be a dead end since Ace would not gain any information from the kids by doing that, and the game does not have a distorted enough view of reality where Ace can just keep kidnapping children over and over and killing them for his amusement.

Since it does not make sense for the sub exit to be on THE SHIP, it does not make sense for it to be on THE SITE either.
>>
>>320432428
>THE SHIP was made as an experiment to test telepathy or whatever
The ship wasn't built for the test, it was originally the sister ship to the titanic, and was obtained by a 'Titanic fanatic' whose name I forget.
That fanatic repurposed the ship into a torturous game for people who owned him money, and he did this until he died (I think).
It then ended up in Ace's hands, who decided to use it to test the morphogenic field.

It can be assumed that either the fanatic or Ace modified the ship before the first nonary game so that the sub room was a dead end, even on the original ship.
>>
>>320432886
>That fanatic repurposed the ship into a torturous game for people who owned him money, and he did this until he died (I think).

I don't remember this from the game.

>It can be assumed that either the fanatic or Ace modified the ship before the first nonary game so that the sub room was a dead end, even on the original ship.

That does not address the very important detail of why the fucking fuck did Ace have a dead end on his very expensive, very illegal, very delicate experiment.
>>
>>320432428
>>320432886
I like to think that the sub room was locked off completely so it could only be used by staff, which is why we never visit it on the other endings, and Akane ran off to it to temporarily run away from Ace which has probably gone insane. Why they added the sub to the site is probably FtS having too much money to burn.
>>320433061
The thing about the original owner is in the QA, and the money wasn't Ace's it was FtS's.
>>
>>320433061
I suppose it could have been used by the kids once the ship was fully flooded. Maybe it was a fall back
>>
>>320433061
>I don't remember this from the game.
I remember it at least being touched on, but the majority of the info was probably in the Q&A
http://zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dashiell_Gordain
I'm not really sure why there'd be a key for it or anything, but maybe >>320433310 is right, and Akane unlocked it.
After all, she was the one in control of the Nonary game we played in.
>>
>>320433310
>the money wasn't Ace's

So?

>>320433450
Why was there a path with a key for it then? What if the kids took that route and got on the submarine, therefore bypassing the whole sudoku cremation bullshit? They could've just unlocked it remotely when shit hit the fan or whatever. It's not like they cared for the kid's safety anyway, seeing as Ace burned one to death and all.

>>320433538
>Akane unlocked it.

Yet another point where the game's writing shit the bed. Any inconsistency, amazingly unlikely coincidence, or otherwise bullshit event can be explained with "Akane did it".
>>
File: 1435988318959.gif (9 KB, 114x162) Image search: [Google]
1435988318959.gif
9 KB, 114x162
>>320433847
If you take a look at the Q&A most of the hard to answer questions are
>Well that would have happened in the original game so Akane recreated it... I guess
Even the creator doesn't really care about the details. You're not supposed to look too in depth at the story or else you realize it's pretty stupid.
>>
>>320434353
>You're not supposed to look too in depth at the story or else you realize it's pretty stupid.
What's so hard to understand? They recreated the ship exactly in the building so they could research the Morph Fields as correctly as possible.
>>
>>320433847
Ace probably put that way out for some persons if their digital root of 9 didn't match the door. I don't think he expected all of the kids to find the route, seeing as they were working toward finding the 9th door. More likely, it was a desperate attempt for some of the kids to find a way out
>>
>>320434353
>Even the creator doesn't really care about the details. You're not supposed to look too in depth at the story or else you realize it's pretty stupid.

In other words, the creator is a hack.
>>
File: 1449255159380.jpg (29 KB, 204x208) Image search: [Google]
1449255159380.jpg
29 KB, 204x208
>>320434353
honestly I hated the whole time travel morph field crap the game suddenly threw at you in the real ending

the whole game was going along fine with the whole murder mystery anime Saw idea and then all that shit comes out of nowhere and throws it all out the window

Safe > True ending
>>
File: get fucked Japs.jpg (120 KB, 516x687) Image search: [Google]
get fucked Japs.jpg
120 KB, 516x687
>>320434595
It's not hard to understand, it's just that any problem that occurs in the story can be lazily swept away with saying that's how the original ship was designed. Even if it makes little sense for the original ship to be designed that way

>>320435053
Pretty much, but an enjoyable hack
>>
>>320435053
>In other words, the creator is a hack.
You don't know what that word means right?
He IS a hack though, I hope he redeems himself with ZE3 and whatever he does after that.
>>320435059
It doesn't suddenly throw it though.
>>
>>320435373
Where else is it shown? And I'm not talking about shit like Akane's fevers or the infodumps that you wouldn't think anything of until you already get there
>>
>>320435867
>what is shown other than what it's shown??
What was the purpose of the first Nonary game as we know them?
>>
>>320431692
In the Axe ending, Junpei, Clover, and Ace go through [1]. Ace kills the Cap the same way as the canon.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.