[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Monado initially could not harm life born of the Bionis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: latest[11].png (2 MB, 897x3878) Image search: [Google]
latest[11].png
2 MB, 897x3878
If the Monado initially could not harm life born of the Bionis why can animals still be killed by it?
>>
>>320428909
I think it's just intelligent life. You fight those High Entia assassins before going to see Zanza and Shulk can only hit them for 1 damage.
>>
>>320428909
No, it COULD initially do that, and the limitation was programmed in.
Those borderline intelligent monsters it can hurt either hadn't evolved at the time, or were ignored by the giants for whatever reason.
>>
>>320428909
It can't hurt homs, not life on bionis.

Zanza programmed the Monado with the intent purpose of being unable to harm the homs he "loved"

Likewise, Mayneth's monado probably doesn't harm Machina or mechon.
>>
Zanza needed Shulk to be able to survive so the Monado is capable of hurting wild animals and shit. Can't really have your vessel running around incapable of defending himself can you?

I want to know what the point of unlocking it was. I know the giant was just rusing Shulk into freeing him, but how did Zanza benefit from allowing Shulk to use Monado II?
>>
>>320428909
You forget.

Laser blade or not, the Monado is sitll a blunt weapon.

You could easily bash animals and people on the head with it and kill them.

Telethia on the other hand...
>>
>>320430643
The faced mechon are the reason and you'll learn why later in the game.
>>
>>320431343
I've beaten the game.

Strictly speaking you could have beaten Egil without Monado II since he's a Machina. Just would have spent the entire game getting harried by Metal Face, Jade Face, and Faced Nemesis.
>>
>>320430643
Egil and the metal faces seemed like a bigger threat to him than Shulk with an unnlocked Monado I guess, especially as he wanted Shulk's body
>>
>>320429640
high entia assassins are revealed to be half homs in a sidequest
>>
>>320428909
Because they're not Homs and High Entia. The mondao's power was sealed away so that no homs or high entia could be harmed. Originally it could kill everything but when the High entia/Homs got hold of it they wanted to seal it away.
And there was no real opportunity for Zanza to release the shackles anyway, he was still dormant.
>>
>>320430643
He can kill the Homs inside the faced mechon, which is what Zanza would have wanted.
>implying zanza's even awake yet.
Fucker slept until Mechonis Core.

>>320430290
>Meyneth's monado probably doesn't harm Machina or Mechon.
I could see this.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.