[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real talk though, will Nintendo at least TRY and make a semi-normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: nintendo-nx.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-nx.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Real talk though, will Nintendo at least TRY and make a semi-normal console this time? And by semi-normal I mean:

>Bluray drive
>Regular controller
>Minimum 500GB internal HDD
>Online network which isn't shit
>Decent third party support
>No fucking gimmicks
>>
They haven't had a 'semi-normal' console since the Gamecube.

14 years ago.
>>
no, sorry
>>
>Will Nintendo at least TRY
>Wii U

What the fuck do you think, genius?

It's going to be a slightly weaker Xbone with a shitty handheld component nobody wants.
>>

thats not really up to them, though. they paid for Bayo 2 and stuff but there's only so much of that you can do.
>>
>>320428592
imaginary talk
>>
>>320428592
Doesn't matter. This generation of bullshit convinced not to buy another console ever again until they've been fully hacked.

I'm especially bitter at being charged $105 for a full game on Nintendo's train wreck system.
>>
>>320428592
I didn't know third party support was a kind of hardware
>>
>>320428592

>Bluray drive
>Regular controller
>No fucking gimmicks

So, a PS?
>>
>>320428978
It is up to them actually. They don't push for third party multiplat games on their systems, they never have done. MS and Sony approach publishers and devs, and ask to get a version of the game on their system. Nintendo doesn't do this. Also this is how you build good relations within the industry.
>>
>>320429163
He said an online network which ISN'T shit, anon. Sony doesn't even provide dedicated servers even though they now make you pay for the damn thing.
>>
>>320428978
Is up to them actually. There are several ways to tend bridges with 3rd parties. First you accept the reality that you NEED to have sport games on your console, the same as CoD, BF and other garbage. You drop your pants if needed but you must secure that you will have at least this garbage games on your console. Then the rest will come depending on your audience.
>>
It just better not be region-locked or I won't even consider buying it.
>>
>>320428592
>Bluray drive
Nope, they'll use SD cards, or something alike.

>Regular controller
It'll be like the U controller, just more slim.

That'd be nice, yes.

It's pretty damn good already considering it's fucking free.

They've got Squeenix support already.

>No fucking gimmicks
The half console/half portable thing will be the only thing.
>>
>>320429608
>Sony doesn't even provide dedicated servers
What?
>>
>>320430123
They don't. Every single game is p2p.
>>
>>320430210
anon are you retarded?
>>
>>320429928
They are one ste close to end like SEGA
>>
>>320429928
SD cards would honestly be pretty great though, the reason we leapt from solid state media to disc based in the first place was because of storage woes.
>>
>>320430313
No? Some of the CoD games have dedicated servers (Sort of), but those are provided by Activision.
>>
>>320428592
Takahashi's next game better be on the WiiU because I'm sure as shit not gonna buy an NX after the shit Nintendo's pulled.
>buy a 3DS
>Nu3DS announced and released soon after
>buy a WiiU for XCX
>NX already on the horizon
God damn it, you slanty-eyed fucks.
>>
>>320429009
>$105 for a Nintendo game

Which one?
>>
>>320428592
I have bad news for you OP, Nintendo makes toys for children.
>>
NX is a portable, their new home console won't be coming for a few more years.
>>
>>320428592
It's already cuntfirmed they're trying to unify both handhelds and home consoles so no, go away and stay withing Microsoft/Sony safespace/comfort zone while I enjoy Monster Hunter on my next gimmicky hybrid console
>>
>>320430832
>Nu3DS announced and released soon after
it's just a shinier model and it came out like 4 years later. It only has one exclusive.
>>
>>320430832
the NX is in the same horizon as the ps5 anon. They haven't even officially announced it.
>>
>>320428592
That HDD better be at least 1TB. Third party will come if the install base is large and Nintendo stays the fuck out of their business.

Nintendo is fucking allergic to regular controllers they haven't made a normal one in over 20 years.

I have zero faith in them making a machine that will compete with MS and Sony. They'll make another 1st party box and I'll probably pass on it like I did with the Wii U.
>>
>>320431050
Yea I used to get mad at Nintendo

Now I have just moved on and grew out of them
>>
I hope they put the controller at the front and downplay the actual system again. It really confused the general customers.
>>
>>320431765
All I want is an Xbox Elite Controller clone

But without the $150 pricetag
>>
>>320432018
Also would like it to have a nunchuck mode too

Like pic related but without the giant balls
>>
>>320428592
Even if they do hit all those points it wont matter. Im pretty sure everyone now realizes that nintendos console releases are two years late for each gen, not early. The nx will have the general power of the ps4/xbone and will be flooded with 2 year old ports and other stupid shit no one wants. Meanwhile the rest of the industry will be working on the next gen, making games that require far more processing then the nx can handle, thus the nx will not receive any 3rd party support and nintendo will try play catchup once again.
>>
>>320431001
Smash Bros with all the characters and stages.
>>
>>320428592
Is that the new console? For real?
Fuck you Nintendo, never more
>>
>>320429383
>>320429662
You're an idiot.

As long as Nintendo keeps making games, third parties are going to be less inclined to make games for their consoles, because it's competition that they can't deal with. The only exception is if the console becomes popular like the Wii, because you'd be stupid to NOT put games on that console.

Nintendo can try and court third-parties, but it's definitely not up to them. Look at how the third-parties treated them with the Wii U - the first hint that their subpar games aren't going to perform, and they split to port their games to other consoles or PC.
>>
File: ltrMq.png (50 KB, 497x362) Image search: [Google]
ltrMq.png
50 KB, 497x362
>>320432556
Whoops
>>
What if Nintendo went back to carts that were just SSD with the game on it?
>>
>>320428592
Fucking hell, I'll have to buy another 300-400 dollar monster hunter game.
My last monster hunter game cost 350.
>>
>>320430832
>companies are obligated to never ever release better products once I've bought something from them!
>>
>>320433081
But third parties sell well on the 3DS.
>>
Hahaha, as if.

It will be like this

>slightly weaker than Xbone but people who don't know how to read tech specs will claim its better than PS4 before it actually comes out
>100% touchscreen controller bundled in
>console acts as a Smartphone hub to use your phone or tablet instead of the bundled controller
>80gb HDD
>Ubisoft and EA will shit out year old multiplats for the first year and a half of its life then abandon

At least we know it will have a somewhat proper online infrastructure with the new one account thing.
>>
File: 1385765497605.jpg (40 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1385765497605.jpg
40 KB, 460x500
>>320428592
This all on the 3rd-party publishers, it's never going to happen. EA. Activision, Ubisoft. etc. can't sell 5-10 million copies of their AAA garbage on Nintendo's platform, so they won't put it on Nintendo's platform. Period. That's all there is to it, hardware means absolutely nothing as they have no problem making 360/PS3 games even now. When Nintendo did get them on board for the Wii U launch, we got year-late, full-price ports. Fuck, the ME trilogy released BEFORE the Wii U launched on 360 for $40, and we were expected to pay $60 for a Wii U port of just ME3? Why would I buy Batman for $60 on Wii U when it's under 420 on 360 and PS3 already? Even the CoD games, which were decent ports and launched on time, sold like ass because the audience just isn't there, had nothing to do with hardware or gimmicks.

There's nothing stopping 3rd-parties from making Wii U games on small budgets, a Wii U game would cost magnitudes less than a $100m+ PS4/Xbone game, they simply don't want to and it has nothing to do with hardware. The bloated AAA model is all they want and it's why 3rd-party support basically means "AAA garbage" now because there's no such thing as AA or middling devs making more niche and creative games.
>>
>>320429928
>It's pretty damn good already considering it's fucking free.
How do you know that? The investors will pressure the Yakuza President and he will make it have a monthly fee.
>>
>>320432729
just the last two gens

nx is releasing early and could easily be anywhere from ps4-ps5 power

nobody's going to be working on the next gen at this point holy shit how are you this thick
>>
>>320433395
Because they aren't the "third party" that the other guy was referring to. Other Guy meant AAA third party, with GTA and CoD and AC and whatever.
>>
>>320432917
Then don't buy the DLC. We know for a fact the game itself was completely finished as they had intended it to be before they decided to make DLC.

>>320433395
3rd-party support on 3DS was/is more than ports of 360/PS3 games we had played the year prior at full price. It has plenty of original 3rd-party games, but western pubs sure as shit aren't the ones making them.
>>
>>320433521
I can see it again. EA will come up and ask if they will put Origin on the NX. Nintendo will say no and then EA will while like the big spoiled shits they are. Again.
>>
>>320433521
My fondest hope is that the companies which are releasing all their stuff on the Vita right now start releasing it on the NX after it launches, with the 3DS 3rd-party sticking with Nintendo as well.

Don't need the fucking AAA garbage industry. It'd be nice to have SE and, I don't know, whatever big hip open-world garbage gets popular, but it's definitely not necessary. Nintendo releasing Nintendo games and funding AAA third-party exclusives, and small japanese niche devs making up the rest of the library.
>>
>>320432729
>shit no one wants
Even if Nintendo devices became nothing but Mario and Pokemon machines, I would keep buying them until the end of time. There are probably at least a million others like me. We can keep Nintendo afloat forever.

A while ago I would have included Zelda on that list, but Skyward Seord completely killed my faith in the series. I will buy the next Zelda, but I don't have high expectations for it.
>>
>>320433976
I'd keep with them as long as they could output a library on par with the Wii U's library each gen.
>>
>>320433715
Maybe except for that fact that this is easily the worst entry so far and it's clear they fucked the game over so that they could put it on two completely different devices so the game feels like unfinished shit to me.

I don't really care what you think about that. All I know is that I'm sick of getting fucked because no one is slapping their shit for having a monopoly on these franchises and they serve you whatever they fucking feel like serving you.

There was a time when I would buy Nintendo because I knew I would get good games in the end. I can't say that with this generation and last generation's waggle bullshit didn't help.
>>
>>320433961
Preach it brother. Nintendo, weeb games, and indies. Everything else is cancer.

There's cancer in those three categories too, but at least those categories also have some examples of non-cancer, whereas there's no redemption for AAA garbage.
>>
If Nintendo released a console with better specs than the PS4 and backwards compatibility with Wii U/wii games, that could really shake up things. It would doable since it's been over two years since the PS4/xbone came out. I think they're committed to the Wii U for few more years though. They don't want to alienate their fan base in a sega like fashion by releasing and abandoning hardware too quickly.
>>
>>320433961
The problem is that there's no room for AA or niche devs and their games anymore, so all we really have are indies and AAA.

Wii U could have thrived on niche games like the weird shit we saw on Dreamcast, PS2, etc. but games like those simply aren't being made anymore. Te big publishers just want the next "big thing" or cash cow, anything less isn't worth their time or money and it's the bloated AAA model that's to blame.

>>320433976
>but Skyward Seord completely killed my faith in the series
Then you weren't a fan in the first place. Dungeons and items were as good as ever, bosses (aside from Imprisoned) were good too. I played the whole game sitting down, the motion controls don't require much actual movement at all, and since it used the motion plus or whatever the fuck it's called you can have the remote aimed or angled in any way you like and still play.
>>
>>320433961
As log as it isn't region locked again. They've burned me way too many times with niche jap games.
>>
>>320428592
> Nintendo should try and market steal Sony !

This wouldn't end well for them. Seen how quickly Sony are burying the Xbox?
>>
>>320434394
>but games like those simply aren't being made anymore
A lot of that type of stuff goes onto the Vita or, less frequently, the 3DS. Not as much as how much used to be made, but still a decent amount. You just don't hear about it because lelshita.
>>
>>320434194
>so the game feels like unfinished shit to me.
Okay, but that doesn't make it true. It has more content than any past game, this is not up for debate, it is objectively measurable. It's easily better than fucking Brawl or 64 simply because it's so dated. Just because you don't like the content doesn't mean the game is unfinished.
>no one is slapping their shit for having a monopoly on these franchises
You mean the ones they created and own?
>>
>>320428859
Their new pres. has said it’s a departure from the Wii and Wii U.
>>
>>320430832
>>buy a 3DS
>>Nu3DS announced and released soon after
>3.5 years

Anon pls
>>
>>320434194
You're kind of dumb if you expected a decent game after how wonderful Brawl turned out
>>
>>320434690
In branding. They're not going to call it the Wii3 or any such crap
>>
I always get a good laugh out of "get third party support"

third party companies develop for platforms where they'll make money, that's all.
>>
>>320434367
>If Nintendo released a console with better specs than the PS4
They'd sell it at a loss, AAA devs still wouldn't touch it for long because the CoD/AssCreed audience still isn't there so games aren't gong to sell millions and millions of copies, and Nintendo loses lots of money selling an expensive console intended to cater to 3rd-parties who weren't interested in the first place.

Hardware is absolutely not the problem, the audience Ea/Activision/Ubisoft/etc. want simply not being there is. They have no problem making 360/PS3 games, consoles that are a decade old. They bitch about development costs being higher than ever, so wouldn't the Wii U be a great platform to develop smaller projects for given it costs much, much less to make a game for it than PS4/Xbone?
>>
>>320434602
>Vita
Mostly weeb stuff, only a small part of what I'm talking about. Western and eastern devs alike used to make smaller, more ambitious projects.
>>
File: 1449700346534.jpg (75 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1449700346534.jpg
75 KB, 500x738
>>320428592
>gimmick
This, for real.

Nintendo's bullshit gimmicks are the reason 3rd party devs won't release their games on those consoles. Too much damn work.

You know Nintendo fucked up when not even their own games use the stupid Wii U's gamepad Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

I was hoping all that gimmick shit would die with Iwata.
>>
>>320428592

i saw something about them filing a patent for a touch screen controller or something. i assume that means it'll be like an iphone with no buttons/feedback

so no. no it wont.
>>
>>320434592
What

Xbox never tried to steal Sony's market

If anything Sony did that to them
>>
>>320434889
The only thing I don't understand is why Konami isn't doing cheap PES ports for the Wii U. Those soccer games sell a lot on every console because the market it caters is huge as fuck and overlaps with most audiences, also no EA gives them easy dominance on the console.
>>
>>320434868
Where they'll make the MOST money.

They could easily develop and make money on Wii U games, they'll just make more money funneling that ~15-20 million into marketing for CoD or AssCreed instead. All they want is the AAA model, games that sell 10 million copies so investors will be happy.
>>
>>320434394
>weird shit we saw on Dreamcast and PS2

Space Channel 5, Seaman, Jet Set Radio, Katamari Damacy, that one PS2 game about being a mosquito. It felt like a really exciting time to be a gamer back then. Developers were starting to do creative things, not the things that pass for "creativity" in indie circles where you just throw in some weird gimmick or retro art and call it a day, but genuinely weird stuff that was really cool. It's sad that the industry didn't keep going down that path.
>>
>>320435215
We'll be lucky if Konami still makes games at all in a couple years.
>>
>>320435182
Nintendo also patented a cell phone in 2001, I guess that means it's still coming?

Companies patent shit that is never produced constantly.
MCDONALDS
>>
>>320435206
2001 when Microsoft begun entering the gaming market specifically to oust Sony you idiot.
>>
>>320435495
Don't forget the landmine in 1969.

Remember when Nintendo were briefly arms dealers?
>>
>>320428592
Gimmicks are what sell nintendo.

Nobody would but a nintendo console if it did the exact same things its competition did. Nintendo thrives at being different then its competitors.
>>
>>320434889
>Hardware is absolutely not the problem, the audience Ea/Activision/Ubisoft/etc. want simply not being there is
This. Big AAA wants to strongarm Nintendo into beefing up their console. They want Nintendo to make it easy to develop for, because their programmers are all shit. They want it on x86 so it's easy to port. If Big AAA had their way, Nintendo would produce a clone of the PS4.

Why? Because Big AAA doesn't give a shit about Nintendo. Big AAA would run Nintendo into the ground if it had a 10% chance of getting them an audience on the NX. They want to try and convert the core Nintendo fanbase into AAA consumers by threatening Nintendo with no third-party if they don't comply.

This isn't a strategy Nintendo needs to follow. Nintendo can do just fine continuing in a similar way to how they are. If the NX is a hybrid device, they're trying to consolidate their powerful handheld market and their weaker console market so that their library, overall, is stronger. This could fail, but it's also a fact that they basically have no competition for handheld supremacy.

Big AAA is shit.
>>
>>320435238
And now that the market has largely shifted to appeal to the lowest-common-denominator, those games aren't being made anymore because publishers don't want to waste their time or money on anything that's not going to sell millions and millions.

The game industry is much like the Hollywood film industry now, broad appeal for the most money rather than concentration of quality. The "casuals" or "normies" now hold much of the purchasing power, so most of the industry caters to them, not to the hobbyists that used to hold more buying power.
>>
Dunno, if they dont though I'm not touching it. If they force gimmicks or casualization or if its even weak, I'm not touching it. Nintendo stepped on my toes too many times in the past few generations, even as a fan of many many years I'm done if they dont cater to their real fans anymore. The time for casuals and shovelware is over.
>>
>>320435765
It's sad, because the big AAA games are probably not as efficiently profitable as the smaller AA titles. They just bring in a larger volume of money. Like spending 100m for a 10m return instead of 1m for a 500k return.

I think AA can survive, and there are companies doing it. But everyone reaches too far and tries to go for the big blockbuster, and that's how devs close down. They just either need an established fanbase or some protection and help from the console manufacturers.
>>
>>320435703
Exactly. Hardware has nothing to do with it, it's all about demographics and the way they want to do business.

Those pubs want ads for their games on your home screen, they want to push season passes and DLC for every game, they want a certain amount of control over the platform that Sony and MS have no problem giving them. The customers who buy season passes and run out at midnight to buy CoD simply do not exist on Nintendo's platform.
>>
>>320436004
So, you want another PS4-like dudebro box so AAA devs will put their AAA shit on it?

Yeah, no. Why do we need three near-identical consoles with the same fucking games? Two is already too many, and they're both already rendered useless if you have a PC.
>>
>>320435634
but the landmine was a toy
>>
>>320436172
Your a toy lol
>>
>>320428592
>wanting another ps4/xbone clone to play AAA garbage on
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>320435703

I don't think making Nintendo consoles run on something other than IBM cpus is a bad thing. They can still make quirky hardware choices like motion controllers and such regardless of stuff like that. Backwards compatibility wouldn't even be an issue if they included those older chipsets like the PS2 did for the PS1.
>>
>>320436038
The AAA bubble needs to burst first. Investors want growth every year, so even though CoD broke records one year it still needs to make even more the next. It's why games are shipping with less and less and why DLC and season passes are getting more expensive. Sales for both software and hardware have been down year-over-year since ~2010 (though that might have changed for 2014-2015) pubs don't have the massive install bases on 360 and PS3 anymore and games get more and more expensive.

We're going to see more lukewarm sales for huge games, Battlefront likely underperformed given that EA has been silent on sales so far, and we all know shit like Titanfall, Evolve, Destiny and Halo all underperformed as well.
>>
>>320436162

The difference is this box gets nintendo games + aaa shit. I'd take that over the goddamn tablet that barely gets used
>>
>>320436162
No you underage filth, I want a Nintendo console. They only started catering to your kind last generation, despite Wii's sales to nongamers and unaware tasteless casuals you're the minority.

I want Nintendo to be good again. I want it to have core Zeldas and Marios, non hyper-casualized smash and mariokart games. I want it to have ghosts and goblins titles, megamans, castlevanias, F-zeros and 2D metroids and some classic style resident evils maybe. Some good JRPG's that arent moeblobshit and maybe a few wacky titles that accomplish nothing important yet are still solid.

Yknow all the good stuff we had before Nintendo sold out to people who have no standard to hold gaming to because they dont remember a time when everything wasn't sold out to corporations and shareholders. Fuck all those Xbox and PS4 wiggers, I don't give a fuck about those games and anything that comes out of worth on those platforms I can get on PC.
>>
>>320429928
>1 developer is good third party

Remenber when wiiu got arkham and asscreed? It doesnt matter if two third party games come out during launch year
>>
>>320436514
So far BC hasn't really been an issue for Nintendo. Obviously it wasn't realistic to expect second cart slots on SNES or N64, but after GC and the switch to optical media it' got a lot easier and every console since has been BC.
>>
>>320433558
I'll bet you the nx comes out in 2-3 years from now, and at that time the ps4 will be a 4-5 year old console. If your retarded you prolly havent noticed, but new gen shit comes out every 6-7, so by the time the nx is releasing we'll be 2-3 years off from next gen and in the sony/microsoft hype phase.

If you know anything about graphics cards, then you know that the cheapest cards that come out in a few years will beat the shit out of most top of the line stuff from years past. To say that the nx will be as strong as a console literally from the future is just silly. (not to mention nintendo has a focus on younger/family audiences and likes to keep the price point a bit lower, making it cheap GPUs from 2 years ago)
>>
>>320428592
The Wii U had the first two and the fourth one

Thats objective
>>
That would be the worst thing for them to do. PS4 has already taken over as the standard normal console to own for this gen.
>>
Yeah blame everyone else but Nintendo for their shortcomings.
>>
>>320434764
Everybody trips. Not everybody crawls instead of getting back up.

Brawl wasn't terrible. It just wasn't great. I still enjoyed the characters and stages. This one split the good stages between both devices and ended up with two half assed offerings.
>>
>>320428592
>>Bluray drive
other then this, spot on
>>
>>320436976
Nice falsefalgging kiddo
>>
>>320436714
>The difference is this box gets nintendo games + aaa shit
But it wouldn't, the AAA shit wouldn't sell because the audience isn't there. Pubs aren't going to keep porting the games when they sell ~300-500K copies and the PS4/Xbone versions sell millions. That's EXACTLY what happened to the Wii U, ports sold like shit, so pubs stopped porting games.

The audience AAA devs want isn't there, that's all there is to it. They don't want to compete with Nintendo's own games.

>>320436715
Stay salty, champ.
>>
>>320436940
People think it's not bluray if it doesn't play movies.
>>
>>320437175
Nice denial son
>>
File: aint even mad senpai.png (159 KB, 549x437) Image search: [Google]
aint even mad senpai.png
159 KB, 549x437
>>320437183
>get btfo
>s-s-stay salty!

They're intentionally abandoning the Wii name, they're abandoning casuals. I got nothing to stay salty about, and if they cater to noncore again I have nothing lost because WiiU made me not care about them anymore.
>>
>>320436664
>Titanfall

Wow, thanks for reminding me of that shit game. I bought into the hype, played it for an hour, and never went back. One of the worst purchases of my life.

I keep telling myself not to trust AAA anymore, but I'm still going to try Witcher 3 on /v/'s recommendation...
>>
>>320428978
It is though. Even being weaker, the wiiU could have had third party support were it x86. But it's not. So nobody gives a fuck. It doesn't help that it IS weaker and users powerPC on top of a shit gimmick nobody wants to developer for.
>>
File: 1378041096905.png (122 KB, 970x540) Image search: [Google]
1378041096905.png
122 KB, 970x540
>>320428592
never gonna happen. brace for 15 years outdated shit hardware with some gimmicy twist like a pokeball+pikachu's tail combined controller.
nintendo have been completely retarded since the n64 days.
>>
>>320434889

I think the anemic hardware is the problem for a lot of developers. When your next gen hardware is barely more powerful than a 360 from 2006, then you have problems. The issue is AAA games are being designed for much more powerful consoles. Their baseline isn't what the Wii U can handle, so it's easier for them to ignore it than design their games to also run on a console using weaker hardware with a different cpu architecture. I love Nintendo, but I wish their system specs were more competitive.
>>
>>320437183

The wii u ports were un-optimized pieces of shit for the most part and came out 6 months later. That wouldn't even be an issue with the standard architecture bone/ps4 use
>>
>>320436715
>I want it to have ghosts and goblins titles, megamans, castlevanias, F-zeros and 2D metroids and some classic style resident evils maybe
If it makes you feel any better, there's just not much of that being made for any console. The closest you're getting is indieshit on the 3DS and weebshit on the Vita.

I'd love a well-done first-party arcade game as much as the next guy, but I think that that time has passed. We have to look to the smaller devs for the smaller games.
>>
>>320433081
>because it's competition that they can't deal with
Yeah because nintendo first parties are coming out every month hogging all the attention.

What was the last game?? Mario Maker?
>>
>>320436940
Your "regular controller" is optional and doesn't come in the box. Meaning all games are not designed based on the regular controller because the it doesn't come in the box. That's like saying the PS4 comes with 2TB of space.
>>
>>320437331
Not denying anything, just pointing out your trying to provoke somebody to getting mad and calling you a nintendo fanboy so you can epicly troll them
>>
>>320436982
>This one split the good stages between both devices and ended up with two half assed offerings.
Sorry, the game isn't "half assed" because you don't like the stages. It just means you don't like the stages.

And before you throw a hissy-fit, I agree the stage selection is weak. Too many gimmicky stages with game-ruining hazards and not enough neutral stages. I'm resorting to Brawl counterpicks like fucking Pirate Ship in my neutral random stage selection because there are so few. The only mainstays are Smashville, Battlefield, Delfino, Lylat, Halberd, Town and City and Miiverse.
>>
>>320437504
Xenoblade X
>>
>>320436715
Most of that died when developers spent too much developing for HD resolutions.
>>
>>320437461
Yeah I really have. My most played game aside playing on PSO private servers in recent years is Terraria, and axiom verge and a few others. I'm glad some decent games still exist or I woulda quit gaming ages ago, I'm getting too old to be bullshitted man.
>>
>>320437535
OP listed requirements, he didn't say "day 1 launch comes with"

And yeah, its fucking retarded nintendo hasn't made a wii U bundle with a procontroller
>>
>>320428592
>Bluray Drive
the Wii U already has a blu-ray drive, it just can't legally play blu-rays
>Regular Controller
I agree that the Wii U should of just started with a regular controller, how ever it's still an option
Good I guess, still would rather have 8-32 internal and the option for 2 TB+ external from a third party, but yes, 500 would be good
>Online that isn't shit
There is nothing wrong with Wii U's online now
This is not up to them
>No fucking gimmicks
You mean like a touchpad controller (DS4).
I think a better term would be no intrusive gimmicks.
>>
>>320428724
Nope, GCN has that fucked controller. SNES was the last normal console
>>
>>320437451
>That wouldn't even be an issue with the standard architecture bone/ps4 use
Well, it seems to still be an issue, because PS4/Xbone games still look and run like complete shit, struggling to maintain even 30fps.

Devs like it because i means they can put in even less effort, not that it will make creating better games easier. PS4/Xbone games have largely been fucking abysmal when it comes to performance.
>>
>>320430529
>it's sony's job to hold hundreds of thousands of players on server space for free
Fuck off faggot. It should be up to the publisher to provide hosting. I'm not saying psn should be a charged service. I stopped paying a while ago because ps+ hasn't been good in a while. But bitching about p2p is stupid when it's the publisher you should be mad at.
>>
>>320437679
It's not about a bundle, it's about not being an optional item.
>>
>>320428592
>No
>Haha no
>No
>Maybe
>Not likely
>I don't understand. "Nintendo" is a synonym for "gimmick" isn't it? I always called gimmicky shit like the PS Move Nintendos.
>>
>>320437504
>Mario Maker in Sep.
>Yoshi in Oct.
>Mario Tennis and AC amiibo shit in Nov.
>Xenoblade in Dec.

Fast Racing Neo just came out the other day too.
>>
>>320437705
>Good I guess, still would rather have 8-32 internal and the option for 2 TB+ external from a third party, but yes, 500 would be good
Uhh what the fuck are you smoking?
>I want less storage room
Seriously, what the fuck?

>This is not up to them
Actually it is, although they can't control every third party theres no reason they can't make agreements or deals with big third parties.
See the gamecube and capcom.
>>
>>320435124
>I was hoping all that gimmick shit would die with Iwata.
it's good that he is dead, but there are still many to go before Nintendo can be good again:
Miyamoto
Aonuma
Sakurai
Sakamoto
those old shit sucking fags all need to die as well, because they lost their minds. apparently working at nintendo for too long will damage your brain.
>>
>>320436848

The Wii U was released in 2012, so a 2017 or 2018 release date for the NX wouldn't be too far fetched. A 5 year console life use to be the norm. The Wii/360/PS3 era is the exception for the length of console generations.
>>
>>320437997
>being able to use your own storage is worse than having limited internal storage
It should really be like the PS3, allow you to change out the HDD for a better one.
>>
>>320436715
I completely and 100% agree with you, anon, but you need to let go.
That train has left a long, long time ago. Nintendo has changed and so has the video game industry. They will never go back to its roots.
>>
>>320437997
>Uhh what the fuck are you smoking
It was a comparison comment, yes I would like 500 internal over 8-32, but credit where credit is due i'm glad we can use external HDD's to expand the hard drive space cheaply if we choose to.
>>
>>320428592

Will my VC games carry over?
>>
>>320437504
>Nintendo makes Mario
>Mario sells millions

>EA makes Battlefield
>People buy Mario instead because why the fuck would you buy Battlefield on a Nintendo console? Buy that shit on Playstation.
>>
>>320437997
Not him, but I'd personally take less storage space if it meant I got it 20-50 bucks cheaper. I have enough external storage space lying around that I'd like the savings.

Besides, 500gb is probably enough to hold every Nintendo game on the Wii U with room to spare. They don't bloat their filesizes like the AAA devs do.
>>
>>320437547
I call it half assed because I expected better from Nintendo.

You can call it a shit game if that satisfies your autistic need to categorize it a certain way.
>>
>>320438126
360 arguably launched too early, Original XB was only around from 2001-2005, four years. Wii was 2006-2012, so that was perfectly normal.
>>
>>320437763
The GameCube controller was fucking great for anyone who actually played GameCube. It's probably my favorite controller of all time.
>>
>>320438168
>>320438228
Sorry, any modern console has a switchable HDD, so I assumed that he was just talking about size, but yeah I'd prefer a switchable HDD to a non switchable bigger HDD
>>
>>320433976
I agree with you on, fans can keep something alive if they really want to. I just highly doubt nintendo can expand their market beyond what it is, and with them neglecting fans in some areas... it just doesnt paint a pretty picture in my mind.
>>
How about an actual controller this time instead of a remote or a fucking screen. Fucking Japanese retards. Nintendrones will defend this.

Absolutely, unequivocally disgusting. Shills and drones everywhere.
>>
File: f19.jpg (22 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
f19.jpg
22 KB, 277x296
>>320428592
>blu-ray drive
>>
>>320438417

The gamecube controller is very comfortable overall, but I always found the triggers to be a little too springy and long to actuate.
>>
>>320438417
I actually played the GameCube and still do. There is no arguing that it has its weak points.
>>
File: 1440806934613.png (577 KB, 1372x767) Image search: [Google]
1440806934613.png
577 KB, 1372x767
>>320434194
Christ, you can't be serious.
>>
File: Peppy.png (458 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
Peppy.png
458 KB, 436x436
>>320438601
I'll never give up, I trust my instincts.
>>
>>320438321
>I call it half assed because I expected better from Nintendo.
Okay, good for you.

>You can call it a shit game if that satisfies your autistic need to categorize it a certain way.
You're the one that keeps insisting it's shit or it's awful while you rant about nonsensical, anecdotal bullshit pretending it's objective fact, m8.

Point being, it's not HALF-ASKED or rushed just because you didn't like what was there. You just didn't like what was there. Again, it has more content than any past game, and this is an objectively measurable fact. The Wii U version itself has more stages than Brawl, there's 80+ total stages between both versions. You were not short-changed, you were not wronged in any way, get over yourself and your opinion.
>>
>>320436715
>I want it to have ghosts and goblins titles, megamans, castlevanias, F-Zeroes and 2D metroids
Well three out of those five are dead and from other companies. Good luck on that Castlevania game though Maybe we will get a pachinko port on mobile :^)
>>
File: 1445900949482.jpg (52 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1445900949482.jpg
52 KB, 550x550
>>320428592

It's too late.

They cannot undo the damage they've created for the past 2 generations.

It's time to let go and move on as fans because their next console will be a failure. It simply cannot compete with 8th gen consoles, what motive will developers have to make for that console that has weaker hardware, worse online and a lifespan of only a few years?
>>
>>320438949
>Dudebro normie detected
Sorry, real Nintendo fans don't need AAA garbage.
>>
>>320438949
What motive did people have to buy 20m + of a console that had no games? Nothings impossible anon.
>>
>>320438410

Yeah, the sixth generation of consoles always seemed too short to me. Xbox was released in 2001 and then the 360 came out in late 2005. It's amazing how long the seventh generation lasted after that.
>>
>>320438884
>Counting both versions as a single game

Holy shit. Who the fuck could possibly consider that an objective measurement?

Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>320429928
it's because of retarded super fanboys like you that Nintendo feels no need to improve, or even worse go on the wrong direction

How I bet you have at least 10amiibos
>>
>>320438740

As far as 1st party games go, the controls aligned perfectly with the controller almost always.

Multi-plats were definitely not as ideal, especially for shooters.
>>
>>320439043
Its at 30 million and it still has no games

At max it has bloodborne but normies don't buy souls games
>>
>Bluray drive
How about no.
You do realize that would make the console expensive as fuck because of patents right?
>>
File: take a look at this.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
take a look at this.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>320439028
>real Nintendo fans
>>
>>320430351
SD cards would more than likely be just the same as when Nintendo used cartridges, the speed class needed to where it'd be worth using over a disc would call for premium cards, because cheap mass-produced SD cards are a fuckton slower than discs, and also tend to die under heavy random reads

They'd also have to sort something out with a NAND fab, which requires a lot more resources than pressing discs, especially since these would be 32/64GB cards, assuming Wii U dumps indicate the size of a game
>>
File: The last of the gene pool.jpg (54 KB, 536x375) Image search: [Google]
The last of the gene pool.jpg
54 KB, 536x375
>>320439028
>Sorry, real Nintendo fans don't need AAA garbage.

Your kind is a shrinking island in complete denial.
>>
>>320439186
>Counting both versions as a single game

Both versions have more content individually, it's more than double when they're combined.

Did you not watch the Smash Direct yesterday? Of course you didn't, you don't own either platform.
>>
>>320428592
Wii U does use blu-ray, in fact it's faster than PS3's drive by a mile. Also, There's nothing wrong with Wii U's controller other than its touchscreen isn't modern.
>>
>>320439506

They're two seperate games on two separate systems you shill.
>>
>>320437705
>Good I guess, still would rather have 8-32 internal and the option for 2 TB+ external from a third party, but yes, 500 would be good
I wouldn't have a problem with this if it actually had enough energy for a fucking external drive. It's stupid to need a fucking USB hub and a Y cable to connect the external drive
>>
>>320439345
>>320439478
Enjoying Fallout 4 on your Xbox Oneâ„¢ Home Entertainment System?

Or how about Star Warsâ„¢ Battlefrontâ„¢?

Surely Call of Dutyâ„¢: Black Ops III tickled your fancy?

After all, these are real games for real gamers and the kinds of games we need to see on a Nintendo :^)
>>
>>320439390
Wii U dumps aren't scrubbed. A better indicator of size is looking at the game's eShop size. Xenoblade X is 23 GB and one of the biggest games on the console. In comparison Smash is 16GB and Rainbow curse is just 3.5 GB. Splatoon is even smaller than that.
>>
>>320439620
I don't even understand the point you're trying to make.

The Wii U version alone, not including the 3DS version, already has more content than Brawl. The two versions didn't split that amount of content in half like you seem to be implying with your sad, sad shitposting, each individual game has more content than Brawl and double when combined.
>>
>>320439620
>reading comprehension
He's saying that ONE version of Smash still has more content than Brawl. Jesus fuck go back to high school.
>>
>>320428592

> Blu-Ray Drive.

I know you haven't built a computer in ages nor gone out of your cave but an SD CARD can now hold a lot more information than one blu-ray disc.

Blu-ray has a limit as there is so much you can fit on the disc because of the width of the lazer where as SD doesn't as memory gets smaller and smaller in years gone by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

2 TBs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

128 GBs max

So there is no way Nintendo NX should have a blu-ray drive just have SD cards like the Vita as they hold far more information than blu-rays will ever do, Nintendo NX will definitely be carts or cards instead of limited blu-ray.
>>
>>320440013
>more content than brawl
>no single player at all

Sub space emissary offered more than anything sm4sh has.
>>
File: peach on the other hand,,,.jpg (509 KB, 802x1112) Image search: [Google]
peach on the other hand,,,.jpg
509 KB, 802x1112
>>320438876
Carry that torch for the both of us, man. I may sound like an asshole, but I dont want to see nintendo go down.
>>
File: 1427481977934.jpg (412 KB, 905x814) Image search: [Google]
1427481977934.jpg
412 KB, 905x814
>>320438601

I think your assessment is correct. The wii has been the exception in terms of the downwards trend of Nintendo console market share. They've been slipping every generation since the nes, excluding the wii. They've done well in the handheld market, but I don't know how long that can continue given how powerful smartphones are becoming. Nintendo has enough stalwart fans to keep these platforms afloat, but I don't see them returning to the cultural significance they had during previous console generations.
>>
>>320439826

why not get them on the PC bro?
>>
>>320440279
>/v/ unironically likes SSE now
Nothing but hate for it when Brawl came out, why the change of heart?

Oh, right, shitposting.
>>
Doesn't matter what Nintendo does, third party will never come back. They didn't come back for the Wii or for the DS, nothing will bring them back short of Nintendo buying out their companies.
>>
>>320439325
MS did it, and no doubt pays Sony a royalty for the software. No reason Nintendo should Jew out.
>>
>>320440558
What are you, a nerd?

The Xbox Oneâ„¢ Home Entertainment System offers the most complete experience while gaming.
>>
>>320440279
Have you tried playing SSE again since you did it once years and years ago? It wasnt super great back then and has aged like milk since. And dont even get me started on that bullshit "now go through everything again upside-down" bullshit. I couldnt be happier developer time wasnt spent on making something similar this time around.
>>
>>320440132

we use discs because they're cheaper than dirt, and publishers like that

your average ghetto micro sd card is also reads slower

since digital distribution still hasnt taken off for consoles like it has on PC, physical media is still pretty dominant
>>
File: shiggy diggy STALKER.png (98 KB, 253x275) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy STALKER.png
98 KB, 253x275
>>320428592
Welcome to 5 years ago, Nintendo.
>>
>>320440608
Dudebros have to start playing Nintendo, that's all it is. If the audience that runs out and buys every AAA piece of shit, including season passes, comes back to Nintendo, then 3rd-parties will too.
>>
>>320440615
>nintendo should pay their competitors so that they can use obsolete tech to watch dvds nobody watched anymore
>instead of sticking with cartridges, which are faster, hold more, and are smaller so that they can be used with a theoretical portable unit
yeah anon youre so smart
the bluray(tm) technology is the way of the future
>>
>>320440813
Literally impossible unless Microsoft or Sony drops out of the industry.
>>
>>320440608
Maybe Nintendo could yknow, make themselves relevant in the home console marketplace by NOT SHOVING GIMMICKS INTO EVERYTHING. That's the number 1 thing that drove devs away after gamecube, aside their already slacking support. No dev in their right mind in this day and age wants to use or be forced to use gimmicks to develope for Nintendo consoles.

Matter of fact I'd go as far as to say if NX really does this dual-platform thing, it's going to sink them like a stone in a lake. With the NX, Nintendo can use ABSOLUTELY NO GIMMICK, and cannot have weak hardware or they're doomed to failure. Modern devs are incompetent wastes of space, they need good hardware to work unlike Nintendo's first party magicians.
>>
>>320440683
It actually does. It's multimedia capabilities shit on the PS4.
>>
File: 1399281100061.gif (494 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1399281100061.gif
494 KB, 500x259
>>320428592
>>Bluray drive
>>
>>320428592
No one is going to buy this weak piece of shit
Nintendo is dumping the fucking Wii U early with no good games and that is exactly what SEGA did and it killed them, There is nothing Nintendo can do to compete with Sony in gaming at this point. They will always have the bigger overall handheld customer base in Japan and Sony will always have the bigger console customerbase and nothing in the forseeable future will see that. Nintendo will remain irrelevant worldwide and will continue to invest in other ventures like a theme park, amiipoos, and probably licensing their IP to movie companies and other shit.
>>
>>320440873
Nintendo would be so much better off cutting deals with streaming services instead, that's what half of all console owners use them for at this point, not watching anything on a physical disc.
>>
>>320440873
Cartridges are even more expensive than bluray. It was fine when games were 100mb, but if you were to use cartridges now it would be stupid expensive. There's a reason nobody uses them, idiot.
>>
>>320440910
Making their shitty 3090 dollar box exactly the same as the other two with no differences and nothing to differentiate them will not make them relevant either, it will sink them faster than if Sony had made the PS3 again this gen.

Shared library and synergy from portable and console is literally the only thing that will save Nintendo, because they've proven gen after gen that they cannot reliably develop different games for 2 platforms at the same time without massive droughts.
>>
>>320430832
XCX came out after the nx was already being worked on and known about. You and I both knew that and bought it regardless, don't bitch.

As for the Nu3ds, it doesn't even matter since the only game it has is XC and that game looks shit on anything but Dolphin.
>>
>>320441110
Yeah, man, I'm sure that the royalty cost of the Bluray license is totally cheaper than the cost of SD cards. I bet you Sony gives a GREAT deal to their competitors.
>>
>>320428592
we already know they fucked up the controller because of the last patent

who cares, get a different console
>>
>>320440903
Exactly, which is why the
>Nintendo needs 3rd-party support!
line is so very, very tired at this point. Idiots think that Nintendo selling an expensive, powerful console at a loss to court publishers who aren't interested in the first place is a good idea. That will do for Nintendo what it did for Sony and MS, possibly worse.

Sony dug themselves into a massive financial hole with the PS3, which is in part why the PS4 is such a cheap piece of shit with no games and DLC out the ass. The Xbox brand as a whole has lost MS billion of dollars because they too sold expensive consoles at a loss with the intent to make it up in software.

Nintendo has never sold a console at a loss until the Wii U, and it was also the first time since entering the console market that they posted a yearly loss. Anyone who thinks it's a good idea for Nintendo to sell a powerful console at a loss is a massive moron and has no idea why Nintendo has stayed in business for so long in the first place.
>>
>>320439826

Multiplats have been a staple of console gaming since the snes/genesis era. There is no reason Nintendo can't release a console capable of playing the same games as the other platforms. Their controller gimmicks can't make up for their under-powered hardware. You can knock 3rd party AAA games as much as you want, but these constitute the majority of the noteworthy games released. A lot of gamers just want a platform that gives them access to the popular games released in a given generation. 1st party Nintendo games are great, but being locked out of the wider gaming culture because of hardware restrictions isn't appealing to most consumers.
>>
>>320441187
>they cannot reliably develop different games for 2 platforms at the same time without massive droughts.
Well, who can?
>>
File: a.png (52 KB, 131x132) Image search: [Google]
a.png
52 KB, 131x132
It's going to be a phone.

There's no reason to make another console as the market they were catering to was taken almost entirely by social media and micro-transaction games. They would have to make a top-of-the-line console with an excellent launch lineup if they were ever going to sell to the hardcore market again (which wouldn't happen anyway as most already have ps4s, xbones, and PCs)

Parents will recognize the name and buy it for their kids, possibly even themselves. They then have a massive backlog of games they can sell to them through a mobile eShop (with nintendo network ID), including ripoffs of already popular mobile titles and possibly cross-compatibility with the android market.

If nintendo is going to jump ship onto a gimmick, VR is that gimmick. It'd just be a matter of having something similar to google cardboard included in the box. They could even sell higher-end headsets and cases for them.

The only viable option for nintendo to continue making portable games is by attempting to muscle back as much of their userbase as they can. That's my two cents.
>>
>>320428592
Normal consoles are fucked for the big market. Sony and Microshit won't be doing it next gen. Next gen will likely move towards Steam Link/Apple TV type devices. Hopefully Nintendo finds a way to combine their handheld and console into one platform. Fuck 3rd parties, I have a nice PC for those.
>>
>>320428592
No. They can't compete in that arena, nor would they want to.
>>
>>320441549
No one, and that's the point. Its why Vita is a piece of shit that even Sony doesn't want to make games for, its why it will be their last handheld, and its why Nintendo has cited Apple when talking about potential future plans. A shared OS, a shared library that scales to the hardware is the only way to stay afloat.
>>
>>320441573
>It's going to be a phone

Even Nintendo isn't dumb enough to think they can compete with Apple and Samsung. It's gonna be a new gimmicky console or, more likely, a new handheld (Not a phone).
>>
>>320441442
The people that play those kinds of games do not want to play them on a Nintendo console. Even when their platforms got those same AAA games, no one fucking bought them.

Has nothing to do with hardware. Has nothing to do with gimmicks. It has EVERYTHING to do with demographics and target audience relative to the product. The primary audience for AAA multiplats is not on Nintendo and those AAA multiplats are primarily what publishers want to make.

Pubs simply do not want to put forth the time or effort to port their AAA garbage over when it only sells a few hundred thousand copies. They also don't want to develop anything original for Nintendo's console because they're better off pouring that $10-30m into another huge AAA game. The bloated AAA model is the core of the problem, and most 3rd-party pubs want nothing but it.
>>
>>320441908
Why does everyone in the west always chase the "big payoff" rather than doing their own thing?
>>
>>320441809
If that's the case, they're still competing with sony and microsoft, with a much larger, already established userbase that is only going to grow. It has to be better than both of them with no confusing forced gimmicks if they ever want to sell, and it has to cater to their entire userbase (on some level, at least).
>>
>>320440563

And so now in it's place we have...nothing.

What the fuck do you even do in sm4sh?
>>
>>320441908
Thankfully, mobile games are going to crash the industry by devaluing the shit out of video games.

>>320442107
Its the only way for them to stay in business now. When you have hundreds of employees and you're making games that require 10 million sales to break even, anything less than that is unacceptable. They can't make small, 5 million dollar games that break even at 100k sales because that wont pay the bills.
>>
>>320442247
Nintendo doesnt compete with Sony and MS, since Nintendo's audience is a fixed 15 million or so and shrinking group of people who grew up playing Nintendo games and somehow still buy them
>>
>>320442251
Play with friends and online, collect trophies, beat the fortress on 9.0.
>>
>>320442353
Why didn't they not grow and stay small so they could pursue their artistic vision?
>>
>>320433045
>Is that the new console? For real?
No you fucking retard, we know literally nothing about the NX
>>
>>320442407

And now they're trying to cater to the small kids like Disney except they don't want Nintendo kiddie shit, they all want CoD and GTA and minecraft.
>>
Literally who buys Nintendo systems for 3rd party games and multiplats?
>>
>>320442562
People in 1992
>>
>>320442487
>melee
>fun adventure mode with good challenges, all-star and fun times
>brawl
>subspace emissary isn't that bad
>sm4sh
>no single paler adventure mode at all
>in it's place is nothing
>oh but we made a board game no one plays and out challenge mode is trash :^)
>>
>>320442107
Market researchers and all forms of upper company management are incompetent in every way. There have been cases where TV shows have been wildly successful, but have gotten cancelled because they didn't hit the target audience.

These people don't live in reality. They live in business. They are non-figuratively insane.
>>
File: 1413077090642.png (375 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
1413077090642.png
375 KB, 718x538
>>320442625
>'92 was 23 years ago
>>
>>320442724

Oh yeah, name one. You think you're so fucking smart that these people don't know shit right?

>they want to lose money
>>
>>320428592

Shot in the dark mode:

>New flash memory based media format
>Controller which looks like the SNES controller with Gamecube style analog sticks near the bottom.
>Everything is flash memory based. Downloads are written to blank media with DRM protection system. Print or buy label stickers for the "NX-Card" media.
>MMOJRPGs and leaderboards for retro style games will be the main focus with online play.
>Stronger japanese third party support than with the wii u but still nowhere near xbone and ps4's western support.
>Gimmicks galore as usual. The new card based format will be marketed like collectible pokemon cards, and will come in mystery packs as well as individual games. Sub-collections from all previous Nintendo consoles (besides wii u) will be available in the card format.
>$99 for the home version console and $199 for the portable version. Both use the flash based NX-Card format.
>>
>>320442407
Do you not understand what advertising is? There is no "fixed" market of people, it's all about appeal.

Did you forget about the Wii?
>>
>>320441908

I think you're right about brand perceptions regarding Nintendo. The gamecube proved it doesn't matter what the hardware is and that was Nintendo's last attempt at a mainstream console. My problem is I don't understand why they need to make their consoles underpowered. Having creative controllers and user interfaces is fine, but the Wii U should still provide a next gen experience. It seems like they're purposefully excluding whatever additional users they might have had by manufacturing hardware that's underwhelming by today's standards.
>>
>nintendo
>any of that shit

LOL, here's what you can realistically expect

>20GB HD
>USB 2.0 ports
>No ethernet port again
>some proprietary disc shit specifically for their systems
>online components that are all afterthoughts and laggy as fuck just like wii u
>no third party support
>mobile phone gimmick
>amiibo shit crammed into every facet of the system

i wish i was shitposting but we know this will all be true.
>>
>>320443121
They're relying too heavily on the "lateral thinking" business model. They can't expect to sell old tech on the cheap if people don't mind paying a premium for HD.
>>
>>320443036

Also, willing to bet that this console will not compete with xbone and ps4 but will be a low cost collector's console with all previous nintendo console games being the main focus. Wii U will continue to be their "new games" system.
>>
>>320442107
Massive short-term gains. Investors get a taste, they want more and more every year. But obviously this model is not sustainable, and It does seem to be coming to somewhat of a head. I diubt we'll see any sort of "crash" but lots of recent huge blockbuster AAA games are underperforming so something will have to give.
>>
>>320428592
I dunno man, Nintendo has the best online for me. It's fast and it connects well. I literally don't have a single complaint about it.

What's your problem with it?
>>
>>320443539

8/10 games I play in smash lag.
>>
>>320442721
>no single paler adventure mode at all
>in it's place is nothing
>oh but we made a board game no one plays and out challenge mode is trash :^)
I know I'm responding to bait but
>I don't like it, so it's nothing!
Smash 4 also has more single-player modes, like Master and Crazy orders.
>>
>>320443608
Is it just you then? I've played online and I'm 100% fine.
>>
>>320428592
No. I feel like the touch screen and dual screen models they have for both of their systems now will continue in the future. It would be hard to take a step back from that because of compatibility issues. Also the Pro Controller is a regular controller.
>>
>>320440683

I do like the ability of the Xbox One's hdmi in cable stuff, but I just don't care because I don't live in 2005. Internet streaming kinda makes cable completely pointless. I don't need a subscription based media box when my pc accomplishes the same thing off of the internet I'm already paying for.
>>
What's the point in releasing a console mid-gen? They will end up in the same Wii U situation come ps5/xbox TWO.
>>
>>320443121
>My problem is I don't understand why they need to make their consoles underpowered
Until the Wii U, every console was sold at a gain from day one. Sony and MS lost billions selling their consoles at a loss. Nintendo isn't a huge corporation, they can't take risks like that and sell hardware at a loss and hope to make it up with software and plastic figurines.
>>
>>320442926
https://archive.is/Z9GKn
>>
>>320440782
With an SD card you probably don't have to store that shit on the HDD to just PLAY the game.
Food for thought.
Plus, fuck those faggots. They're barely making ends meet and nintendo can shove entire games into amiibo and and blu-ray and sell them to children and adults., respectively.

>>320440813
Bruh, Fuck dudebros.
No litterally, fuck them right in the ass.
They are not the most profitable group.
They are a tiny as fuck margin and they only buy a fist full of games. All of which are expensive to make and market.

The real money is in children, women, bored men who just want something fun to play and don't give a fuck about dewrito bullshit.
That is the real cash. That is the real money.
Nintendo just forgot that when they shat out the wiiu and bent over backwards to lick the ass of the entirely corrupt game industry.
>>
>>320434592
can we go one thread without some sonybrony barging in and starting this shit

i know kojima's announcement got your cock hard but keep it to yourself
>>
>ITT: retards pretend they know something about business or marketing
>>
>>320444336
>The real money is in children, women, bored men who just want something fun to play and don't give a fuck about dewrito bullshit
They still fall into the category of
>the audience that runs out and buys every AAA piece of shit
>>
>>320439254

Yeah, the trend for the triggers on controllers seems to be towards shorter and shorter actuation times. Xbox one triggers are noticeably shallower compared to the 360.
>>
>>320439390
I would really like if they make their own proprietary flash storage holder for games. Like a much larger sd card, that would be like a mini vhs I guess but an sd card. I just described cartridges actually.
>>
File: 134543334549.png (46 KB, 174x238) Image search: [Google]
134543334549.png
46 KB, 174x238
>>320441573
>they LITERALLY announced it to assure us they weren't moving the mobile market
>DURRR IT'S A PHONE GUYS
do you have fucking brain damage
>>
>>320444250

What about all this stuff I've been hearing on how Nintendo can operate at a loss for decades because of all the money they have? I don't think they're as weak as you imply. And didn't the 360 and the PS3 sell at a loss when they were initially lunched?
>>
>>320441187
The only thing that can save nintendo is a budget 200 dollar console that is about as powerful as the current gen but is centered entirely around making games easy to make and beautiful at budget costs.

The controller needs to be a cheap DS clamshel style handheld with amiibo functionality and the same functionality as a 10 dollar sprawlmart android phone.

It also needs a 500 gig HDD

at least 10 NIntendo IP out of the gate.
The 10 third party games and genre fillers that ALWAYS sell well on a nintendo console.

And throw around some of that fucking wii money and buy Konami's IPs and Become a silent partner of Capcom and SE.
Get those fucking games to fatten up their roster, do it on a strict budget and get those fucking things out there and in front of the casual audience.
Go full on public relations and marketing warefare and do what the other two are failing miserably at. Selling to the kids and families.
They have a fucking name that parents and children know and IP that is considered safer and more well known then disney. They should be capitalizing on that shit right now.
>>
>E3 2016
>Nintendo holds a conference instead of some tree house shit
>NX is revealed
>Uses a modified version of Steam OS
>About as powerful as the PS4
>Ships with a Wii U Gamepad and a Pro Controller
Launch titles include
>Super Mario Maker 2
>GTA 6 (timed exclusive)
>Fallout 4 "Out of the Vault" edition
>Super Mario Warriors
>F-Zero NX
>Super Metroid remake

and since it runs Steam OS, it has access to thousands of PC games.
>>
>>320428592
Nope. I assure you they will someone come up with a gimmick. Possibly involving Amiibos.
>>
>>320443391

Why would they release such a system when they could accomplish the same thing through their Nintendo market place?
>>
>>320437810
>for free

there it is again
>>
>>320445108
Didn't mean to imply that they are weak, I meant that they are very forward-thinking financially and plan for the future. They need to make sure they are stable as a company even if they misstep, because if they aren't it could mean the end for them. They were in great shape when the Wii U came out, so those couple years of losses in the hundreds of millions didn't put much of a dent on them beyond it looking bad to the public. But if they did something on the level of the original Xbox or PS3, they could potentially lose billions and that could mean downsizing, lay-offs, etc. Unlike Sony or MS they aren't a smaller arm of a larger corporation, so if Nintendo loses billions they're going under.
>>
Its a great idea but devs are too scared of weird hardware to even try to make games on this.
>>
>>320441023
>All NX purchases come with a free year of Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll and spotify

That would get a lot of sales by itself
>>
>>320443283

I think their strategy would work if the peripherals they were selling were radically different from what was available. It worked with the wii, but the wii u doesn't offer that same experience. The xbone comes with motion sensing technology and the ps4 cost 50 bucks more to come with it. The wii u controller gimmicks aren't enough to sell such dated hardware.
>>
>>320446092
>dated hardware.
Hardware is not a problem, 3DS and the old consoles still sell. The Wii and PS2 sold very well. People go on and on about hardware but that was never the problem and never will be.
>>
>>320444894
Yeah, that means they're still going to support the 3DS and Wii U. Why would they release a console to release another one not even 3 years later? That's like the biggest middle finger to everyone that bought a Wii U.

>>320446092
Motion gaming is dead. I don't know a single person that still uses their Kinect aside from using the microphone, and the ps4 needs a lot of controllers to offer a decent library.
>>
>>320445586

because the nintendo collectors will give them money again to have the same games they already own in a new physical form. collecting will be the new gimmick, it worked with amiibos and now they will try it with games.
>>
>>320446384
You have too much faith in the deep pockets of the NEET. They're consumers, not robots.
>>
>>320442515
The only kids that play CoD are in their mid teens-late 40's.
GTA? They're bored of that shit. The raunch can be gotten on youtube for free and the gameplay takes too much time and is too involved for them.
Minecraft is litterally the only thing that you're right about and that's mainly because it's ubiquitious popular has a lot of marketing and is the worlds largest fucking collectathon/crafting game.
It's also on every fucking modern console and device save for the 3DS.

Only in the minds of stupid fucks in suits and marketers are children all sitting around playing CoD and GTA.
That time is over princess.
It's not this hip dark naughty thing. Parents are looking at GTA and are unimpressed and laughing at it or outright forbidding.

Reason why the industry is imploding? Marketers who honestly believe that children want to play over priced adolescent ego wank and OH SO DEEP creepery rather then play kids games. Give a kid mario kart or death race 9000 the slaughtering.
They'll be playing stuff like mario kart and sonic racers and other racing games of it's ilk all day. Espescially if it's multiplayer.

Face it. The modern AAA games are for out of touch old fogeys and rapidly dwindling pool of teens who're getting bored of the same old same old.
>>
>>320446362
>Why would they release a console to release another one not even 3 years later?
They won't, and in 2016 Wii U will be four years old, not three.
>>
>>320445721

That's very true. Nintendo is a much more specialized company compared to Microsoft or Sony. Video games is what they do, where as Microsoft and Sony have many other ventures. I would still like Nintendo to at least make something comparable to the xbone. They're not expanding their market share by only appealing to their first party game fans.
>>
>>320444769

It will be in a trading card style format to capitalize on the pokemon card collecting nostalgia, who are the same crowd that bought amiibos. Cap this post.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.