[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this game. I liked it. Got the usual M&L rpg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Just finished this game.

I liked it. Got the usual M&L rpg along with new gimmicks.

Pretty graphics and environments, although I wish we got a variety. Game really tries to drag itself out near the end, and the usual bullshit boss.

Also very few framerate drops in this game, which was great. Music was good, too.
>>
is there a paper fawful
>>
Heard they finally put a fast-forward/skip button for the tutorials, is that true?
>>
File: sad_bowser_jr.png (232 KB, 349x579) Image search: [Google]
sad_bowser_jr.png
232 KB, 349x579
>>320419029
Really only might pick it up to see if there's a post-game reference to whether the two Bowser Junior's got split up.
>>
File: sante.png (945 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
sante.png
945 KB, 960x540
>>320419029
Thanks for the review anon - I'll probably pick it up considering I loved dream team, especially the visuals
>>
How is the lenght and difficulty?
>>
>>320420018
Not super long, but reasonably difficult.
>>
>>320419468
Most tutorials are now in a book. You choose to do them if you want to.

It'll make you try a new move once, but it won't hold your hand for 10 minutes.

>>320420018
Finished in 26 hours. I'm terrible at timing, so I got my arse kicked regularly.

>>320419671
No problem. The visuals are gorgeous, especially the first area.
>>
>>320419653
Obviously they get split up-- how could they not be?
>>
>>320419352
No, but Super Star's battle theme got remixed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPO3M6BZyoY

>>320419653
Everything in this game is self contained, so everyone goes home in the end.
>>
I'm really hesitant to get this game because I purchased Dream Team and while it did take me lil under 40 hrs it just felt like a time sink. None of the bosses were particularly difficult and there wasn't any tense moments or feelings of buildings my char in usual RPGs. I felt my choices in boosting char stats didn't matter and the only difficulty came from bosses doing brand new moves that was just trial and error.

Does this game feel like a dream team clone or is it an actual good RPG?
>>
>>320420757
Paper Bowser Junior is the only character that doesn't explicitly explode or get put back in the book. That and their plot line felt unfinished
>>
>>320421138
It's less like dream team in my opinion. Tutorials are few and far inbetween, but the bosses haven't gotten much difficult. They just have their own gimmicks, for example two of the kooplings you fight will use their own set of battle cards against you. But I threw all my points in stache and all the lucky hits I got took me through most of them.

I mean more or less if you liked the previous entries in the series you'll like this one. It feels more like a spin off to me, though, and it's not a numbered game in Japan.
>>
>>320421165
Now that you mention it, I guess they were kind of thrown aside after their fight.

I just assumed everything went back to normal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.