[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a game with a more inconsistent soundtrack than X?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.png
939 KB, 1000x500
Is there a game with a more inconsistent soundtrack than X?

Exhibit A:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggM1txB1xjY&list=PLvNp0Boas722IZkbFk00DsW4eD92iQGSe&index=40

Exhibit B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyA_BmX8dgs

How can they be so close to perfection and then fuck it up so hard? Some of the songs are Sonic Adventure tier.
>>
felt the same way about the first game tbqhbby. overworld themes and battle music were these broad sweeping epics and "dungeon" tunes were all done-in-a-day tier
>>
>>320413040
That's just the nature of Sawano soundtracks, you love 'em or you hate 'em.
I personally hate them.
>>
>>320413040
Yeah sawano is hit and miss. When he's good he's damn good. I like the soundtrack overall but some stuff is grating.
>>
>>320413040

Sawano Originality. There's always some golden tracks though so I don't mind. More often than not they're ruined half way through with weird post editing or out of place tunes/instruments/vocals.
>>
Isnt that universal for almost all osts where there are hit or miss(including nier)?
>>
>>320413040

While there are some shit tracks, I think B is fitting for the city theme. Field Kaijou is used for islands/oceanic areas so it makes perfect sense too. They are vastly different places so having different tracks is fine.

For the most part, a soundtrack is based on context so if you haven't played the game or haven't heard the track where they should be played, it'll sound inconsistent and shit.
>>
>>320413040
I don't know, pretty much all of the songs sound good to me

Am I ALL alone here?
>>
>>320414302
I guess you could argue that, but what makes Sawano's work different is that the tracks often seem jarring and out of place, whereas most of the time a soundtracks weak points are simply not memorable.
>>
Well one is out in the the open world while the other is in the urban city of NLA. Personally, I like the fact that not every single song from the soundtrack is a fantansy game song.
>>
>>320413040
What a surprise. The western white guy doesn't like a hip hop beat.

Inb4 nerd rage
>>
>>320414445

IS THIS THING ON?

I would say more but I can barely understand most of the lyrics.
>>
>>320414482

Are you ignoring

>>320414409
>>320414591

because they prove you wrong? These tracks aren't "out of place" at all.
>>
File: Xenoblade_box_artwork.png (189 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_box_artwork.png
189 KB, 250x350
Yes OP, it's called Xenoblade Chronicles for the Nintendo Wii.

Exhibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVVenz3L5_g

Exhibit B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKz48dSRuzc

This game had 5 different composers covering 5 different factors of the overall soundtrack, and it came off feeling really fucking weird.
XCX just had Sawano for the whole ride.
>>
>>320414797
I'm not the OP, and I'm actually fine with the tracks he posted.
I'm talking about shit like Don't Worry playing every time you're flying a skell.
>>
Honestly i love the soundtrack to this game, i keep hearing new songs even though im 80 hours in.
>>
>>320413040
NLA Nights would have been so much better without these fucking lyrics.
>two rappers fucking in the background.
>>
File: 1447059092566.jpg (13 KB, 290x238) Image search: [Google]
1447059092566.jpg
13 KB, 290x238
>>320414948
>Nigga talking shit about Riki the Legendary Hero
>>
>>320416815
NLA music overall is pretty bad
>>
File: 1409543676773.png (140 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1409543676773.png
140 KB, 500x369
>>320414948
The difference here being neither composer in this situation is a hack and their music fit their setting.
>>
I gotta admit, I thought the OST was shit to begin with but it's growing on me.

I don't mind the LA music, ingame it seems quite fitting
>>
UH UH UH
YEAH
>>
UH UH UH YEAH YEAH UH YEAH UH UH YEAH YEAH
>>
second one's better
>>
>Gook Linkin Park
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwebAhgpnxw

Terrible
>>
>yfw Nopons get NTR'd in this game
>>
I NEED A BIGGER GUN
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.