[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people speedrun God Hand >On Easy >On NG+ Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 2-godhand[1].jpg (100 KB, 741x592) Image search: [Google]
2-godhand[1].jpg
100 KB, 741x592
>people speedrun God Hand
>On Easy
>On NG+
Is there a better example of someone totally missing the point of a game?
>>
the best example i can think of is how you totally missed the point of a speed run
>>
People who speedrun usually already played the game 100 times over.
>>
>>320413290
I've watched God Hand speedruns, when they do enter combat they use nothing but autopilot 1-2-break-duck because on easy enemies can't stop it.

On easy you're encountering less than half the spawns of the game and the spawns that are there have gimped movesets.

"Speedrunning" God Hand on easy NG+ is not difficult or impressive, it's just remarkable tedious.

>>320413051
Please enlighten me oh master of autism
>>
>>320413290
>speedrunner is on game grumps playing god hand
>"hey you guys he's gotta be pretty good he speedruns lol"
>dies on 1-1 at level 1 to a random punk
My sides would be in orbit if it weren't for the seething rage
>>
>>320412963
To get through the game faster
>>
Because the point is to beat the game as fast as possible. Regardless of how unfun. The goal is PURELY speed, that's why abusing glitches is allowed. Anything goes if it means you get to the end faster (of course I mean as long as it's just you and the game and no outside tools).
Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>320414234
Speedruns are a display of skill and memorization as displayed by getting through a game quickly.

Getting through God Hand on easy NG+ in "speedrun" time doesn't require either.
>>
>>320414575
Except that's not true. There's a reason noglitch speedruns exist, there's a reason there are both any% and 100% speedruns exist, there's a reason these distinctions are made.

On top of that, the glitches usually used in speedruns are difficult as all fuck and require frame perfect inputs

At the end of the day it's meant to display skill. No skill is required to run through god hand on easy ng+
>>
>>320414575
>>320414234
Hey guys, I just speedrun through fate/stay night by skipping all the text, am I hardcore now?
>>
>>320414950
Yes, of course when you add DISTINCTIONS the rule changes.
No shit, hey I'm a speedrun but I'm gonna change the rule and get every item too + not use any glitches. That's specific. A speedrun, by default is just getting to the end asap. It's that simple.
And yea glitches aren't always smart because they're difficult to recreate, that's why you need a high level of skill and tons of practice.

If you're looking for a speedrun and get confused as to why they're playing on easy, skipping cutscenes and text, using glitches and spamming one easy kill move over and over again then you're an idiot.
>>
>>320412963
AND WE'RE THE GAME GRUMPS!
>>
Speedrunners are really some of the worst the human race has to offer
>>
>>320415451
>If you're looking for a speedrun and get confused as to why they're playing on easy
I'm going to ask you to read the OP again

He's not asking why people do speedruns on easy.

He's saying speedrunning God Hand is fucking retarded.
>>
>>320414642
Speedruns are a display of memorization, not skill. Any casual could learn a route for a game and get close to WR after a few practice attempts.
>>
>people actually trying to argue that speedrunning god hand isn't missing the whole point
For fuck's sake the marketing byline was "this game is hard very hard very hard very hard, but fair very fair very fair very fair"
>>
>>320415707
I mean, the TAS videos people are more autistic (?) but they're far less insufferable.
>>
>>320416675
TAS videos?
>>
>>320416963
http://tasvideos.org/

The most well-known example is the Mario 64 TAS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQB893nJNgw

Which completes the game fairly quick.

There's no stream cancer to speak of in this sort of thing. They may as well suffer from the same "human garbage" syndrome the speedrunning community has in spades, but they don't parade it. That I know of, anyway.
>>
>>320415792
But that's redundant.
Speedrunners want to speedrun shit, any game that it would be possible for.
They're not speedrunning godhand because it'd be fun, they're speedrunning for the sake of getting the fastest in any and every game they can.
I don't understand the complaints, its like you guys are trying to say you don't like speedrunning or that you never understood what it was.
Not all speedruns will be entertaining because a lot of it involves skipping the shit that would be fun, or playing in a very cheesy way.

This is my favorite speedrun ever. No glitches and gets every item, it's actually entertaining to watch. But this is unfortunately not the majority of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57bcLJ-c02A
>>
>>320417667
It's really not hard, anon.

OP likes God Hand for being a challenge
God Hand is meant to be a challenging game
By that reasoning someone playing on easy to get through with as little adversity as possible is "missing the point."

Like someone reading playboy for the articles, or someone shooting high quality spirits
>>
File: My Right Arm the God Hand.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
My Right Arm the God Hand.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
I'm not a huge fan of speed runs but they can be entertaining.

God Hand speedruns however make the game look boring as shit, when in reality it's one of the funnest games ever made.
>>
>>320418946
But they're not playing the game for the point of the game, they're just trying to set a record basically.
I know it sounds stupid, but for some games it's boring and pointless, for some games it's a sight to behold. These things however don't mean anything to the speedrunner, his goal is speedrunning. That's it.
>>
Its like that Resident Evil 4 speedrun where the guy plays on NG+ and uses the lightning zap gun to just kill everything.

He didnt even use any exploits or anything, he just jogged through the whole game.
Fucking boring.
>>
>>320419970
>These things however don't mean anything to the speedrunner, his goal is speedrunning. That's it.
Yes, and?
>>
>>320420209
So complaining about speedrunning godhand on easy is redundant.
>>
>>320420438
All complaining is redundant

All of /v/ is redundant
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.