[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>$60 game($40 on 3DS) >$42 worth of post launch DLC, for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
>$60 game($40 on 3DS)
>$42 worth of post launch DLC, for a total of 6 characters

And Sakurai hinted pretty heavily they'll start working on DLC characters BEFORE release for the next game. Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? I've never bought DLC for any game, and sadly I can't make an exception for Smash
>>
Nintendo doesn't do expansion packs or rereleases, so there's not something like an Ultra Super Smash Bros. Wii U coming up - that's the way other companies tend to fund these games.

But yes, that's shitty too - but then they've never done any post-launch content before this generation for any game, so I guess they need some way to fund it. It's just bad at the consumer end.
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320405693
ITS NOT FAIR

THEY MAKE US PAY OUT THE FUCKING ASS TO GET ALL THE CONTENT AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE HEART TO REWARD US WITH CHARACTERS WE ACTUALLY WANTED!

I THOUGHT NINTENDO WERE SUPPOSSED TO BE THE GOOD GUYS!?
>>
>>320406403
>so there's not something like an Ultra Super Smash Bros. Wii U coming up
Price wise it's already more expensive than what rereleases of other fighting games go for.
>>
Then don't buy it goddamn.

No one fucking cares whether you buy it or not.

DLC isn't going anywhere.
Day 1 DLC isn't going anywhere.
Overpriced DLC isn't going anywhere.

It's only going to get worse because people who play video games are lazy pussies who have extremely low will power and can't possibly just hold onto their money.

So making a thread about it is pointless. Don't buy it then, fuck it.
>>
>>320406613

No one made you purchase anything.
>>
According to Sakurai, this is the last batch of DLC, so where's this "Sakurai hinted pretty heavily they'll start working on DLC characters BEFORE release for the next game" you're getting?
>>
>>320405693

>Sakurai

Found your problem. Oh, wait...

>Sakurai
>Modern day Nintendo

Whoops, missed one there. There, I found two problems.
>>
>>320406842
>don't buy it
I just said I won't. I don't see why I wouldn't discuss it though.
>>
>>320405693
Is that what he was implying? I just assumed he was saying there's a nice way to do DLC, and a more profitable way to do it.
>>
>>320406987
In the final direct he says something like "we realize it's usually better to start working on post launch content before the game is released, but in this case we didn't start working on the game's characters until after the game was out so we apologize for the wait". I don't remember the exact quote, but it seemed heavily implied that they would begin production on DLC during development in the future.
>>
>>320406403
>nothing like an Ultra Super Smash Bros Coming out
>implying theyre not going to rerelease Smash 4 for the NX with some more added characters,modes and stages exclusive to the NX version
>>
>>320407239
Uh, it didn't imply that at all. He just stated what a TYPICAL case WOULD be, not that it would be something he follows, and that he said the wait was due to the fact that they only started working on these characters after the main game was out--the only seeming contradiction would be Mewtwo, except 3DS version did indeed come out before he was announced.
>>
>>320405693
>hinted heavily that they'll work on dlc before the next game

It's another bait thread. Awesome.
>>
>>320407239
that's not what he said or implied at all, dum-dum
he said normally DLC is made during development and this wasn't the case
>>
I'm not a poorfag and I support the devs I like. I don't by CoD dlc because I'll never play it. I play smash all the time.
>>
>>320405693
$4-$6 per character (plus accompanying stage and music for newcomers) is by far not the worst I've seen.

I still remember Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, which expected you to pay $8 per character for each one of its three DLC characters.

And with the possible exception of Mewtwo, this is genuine post-launch content.

Finally, whining about it isn't going to make DLC go away.
>>
>>320405693
>And Sakurai hinted pretty heavily they'll start working on DLC characters BEFORE release for the next game
when the ehll?
>>
File: 1444779672280.gif (5 KB, 782x543) Image search: [Google]
1444779672280.gif
5 KB, 782x543
>>320406613
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/notfair.png/page/1/
Seek help
>>
>>320405693

But it's not DLC. You buy a plastic McDonald's toy and ninty gives you free add ons for your games

YOU SHOULD DiiLiiT THiiS NAoo
>>
>>320409189
He's baiting. Sakurai said it'd be better to start making DLC during the game's development, but that they instead started Smash DLC after the game came out.
>>
>>320405693
what this guy said
>>320409119

also, if you dont wanna buy it, then just dont buy it. the characters are mostly shite and only DL 64 is tourney legal DLC stage, and it only costs 2 quid

unless you wanna use your Wii U as a tourney set up then you dont need to worry about DLC at all
>>
>>320405693
No but it is understandable since its a game with a huge amount of content.

>Paying for digital content.
>>
>>320405693
I really feel like Smash is one of the last games you should complain about the amount of content.
>>
>>320406750
Minus the costumes, which are DLC in those too? Nope.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.