[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Pokemon game? I haven't played any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1449988417666.png (202 KB, 358x352) Image search: [Google]
1449988417666.png
202 KB, 358x352
What's the best Pokemon game? I haven't played any since Red/Blue, but I'm bored during winter break and need something dumb to do.
>>
go away dumb frog poster
>>
File: 1449219529360.jpg (48 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449219529360.jpg
48 KB, 499x499
>>320405589
rude
>>
>>320405665
the fuck is wrong with you i said go away
>>
Do you want to see alot of the old pokemon with some new ones?

Play SoulSilver.

Do you want to have largely the same experience but with all new pokemon and a new map?

Play Pokemon Black
>>
Black/white
>>
Emerald is great, stay away from the remakes unless you already have a 3ds
Heartgold/soulsilver are great
Black/white/2 are pretty fun
X/Y are also fun, but very easy
>>
do you see that zack? R E in the coffee
>>
File: 1449710364166.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1449710364166.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
>>320405751
Thanks, family member. I'll try out Black. The old Pokemon are a little boring.

>>320405742
You have a lot of negative energy. Consider yoga?
>>
Not ORAS
>>
Platinum or BW1+2.
>>
Play LeafGreen and Emerald if you have a GBA lying around. Some people say HeartGold/SoulSilver are the best but the main gen 4 games traumatized me to the point where I irreversibly trust nothing from the gen 4 era. Play Black/White if you want to see Pokemon try a bit harder at a story, and X/Y if you want to have your fucking mind blown from mechanical changes since you haven't played since gen 1 (poorly paced main game, though).
>>
>>320405907
Kid pull your pants up, I'm 27, 8, wait 26, vriendelik?
No man I'm joking I'm 44
Do a lot of yoga, meditate, smoke blunts, levitate
>>
>>320405504
There's been some new features similar to Pokemon Stadium 1/2's single player added in some of the games, starting with the Battle Tower in Crystal version. You usually get access to it after defeating the Elite Four. Probably the most enjoyable part of the game for me, you can find these places in: Emerald, HG/SS or Platinum (identical areas), and B/W 2.

Presumably the next game will also have one (Z version?), but that's not confirmed.
>>
>>320405504
Emerald, that is the end of the discussion.
>>
>>320406621
Do I need to play regular B/W to play B/W 2?

>>320406692
Why is Emerald so good?
>>
Having played all gens I'd say the overall best is Platinum - maximum comfy graphics, varied regions, loads of sweet pokemon, and a decent challenge with lots of content.

Most comfy nostalgia can be found in HG/SS.
>>
>>320406936
>Do I need to play regular B/W to play B/W 2?
The wild Pokemon and gym leaders are different, and there's some new areas, but aside from that it's not all that different. The story does carry over from B/W though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.