[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitposting aside, what do you want to see in the sequel? I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: psychonauts.png (4 MB, 4278x2000) Image search: [Google]
psychonauts.png
4 MB, 4278x2000
Shitposting aside, what do you want to see in the sequel? I'd really like to play as other characters like Lili and Sasha.
>>
I literally just want the first game with different levels
I don't even need new powers. I'm afraid of them fucking it up too much.
>>
>>320402951
Something like the first game, but more to do outside of people's minds.
>>
>>320403338

This.
Just don't fuck anything up and i'll be happy.
>>
>>320402951

Just little touches really. Stuff like in the first game where you can get all kinds of different reactions from the different campers when you try different items on them. What makes me sad is they probably won't have that stuff because it'd take too much time and they're probably going to be working on a severely reduced budget.
>>
Do you think Raz will have all his powers or are they gonna pull a Metroid?
>>
>Shitposting aside
You're gonna have to go somewhere else for that.
>>
>>320403338
>I literally just want the first game with different levels
Honestly I'd be cool with this. Psychonauts's levels were cool as hell. I still really love the entire idea of gleaning more information about the character's motivations, backstory, etc by traversing their levels, especially in subtle ways. It's good shit.
>>
>>320403489

Ideally they'd give him a few new ones but I imagine they're going to find a reason to take his powers away from him. Probably force you to reearn badges or something to be authorized to use your powers.
>>
Just fix the platforming really. I love the first game but man the controls were bad.
>>
>>320402951
>only 16,000+ backers

Literally no one gives a shit about this game, in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>320403909
I give a shit, I'm just not paying for it until it's finished.
>>
>>320402951

the original was good because of it's writing

after broken age i don't think double fine is capable of good writing anymore, if anything watch shit like lili rescuing raz in order to please their san francisco overlord
>>
>>320404148
Broken Age had a different writing team IIRC. I could be wrong though.
>>
I want it to be episodic and point and click, possibly abandoned and developed with ios in mind.
>>
>>320403909
I think it's more that people don't trust Tim with crowd funding. If Broken Ages was made without any major problems (even if they broke it up in two parts but said that the funding paid for both games) than people would think they are ok with giving them money. But time and time again they showed that they can't budget their games.
>>
>>320404148
Didn't they say they were bringing back the first Psychonauts writer?
>>
>>320404049
>Uh, no? That's not how it works.
>>
this door to peoples minds thing, from the later parts of the game. something like this you can use on most or all the npcs. many npcs just did fuckall
>>
>>320402951

I want them to be aged up and Raz to be a full-on psychonaut doing world-wise psychic espionage

anything else will probably just feel like a rehash.
>>
>>320402951
that Indian semen deamon
>>
>>320402951
For them to fix Raz's face holy shit.
>>
>>320404263
yeah timmy is worse with his money than a nigger crack addict
>>
>>320404637
pretty sure she's brazilian dude
>>
Okay, so I'm going to be totally serious about my position on this "should I trust Tim Schafer?" issue. I know nobody asked for it, but I feel like I kind of have to say it.

I backed Double Fine Adventure and ultimately didn't enjoy it (it's not a bad game exactly, it just didn't fit the remit of a classic adventure game), I didn't back Massive Chalice, and I think the Space Base issues were handled very badly.

I'm still going to give money to Psychonauts 2. I've never played the first one, and I probably never will.

This year I had a beloved series of mine come back on Kickstarter to triple record-breaking success, and I saw a lot of people who had never played the series pledge because they wanted to see the fans of Shenmue get what they want.

That's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2 despite no connection for the series, or much love for Double Fine. I know there are lofty expectations, but in good faith at least based on the desire to do right by fans, I think if the game is funded it will turn out fine. Effectively, I want to thank any Psychonauts fans who helped make Shenmue III happen, by making Psychonauts 2 a thing.

I'm going to pledge not for Tim Schafer, but for the fans. I think they are the ones who will ultimately lose out if this doesn't happen. Tim and Double Fine will move on to another project, and that'll be that. The fans will get left in the dust thinking about what could have been, and that sucks.

So that's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2.
>>
>>320405694
god stop posting this in psychonauts 2 threads already, nobody cares. you're just gonna encourage the shitposters.
>>
For it to not suck.
>>
>>320405956
Don't be naive.
>>
I'd like it if they improved the platforming, and if more than just levitation affected the platforming in some way, and if levitation didn't totally break the platforming.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.