[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games where you can trick enemies into fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Friendly_fire.png (112 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Friendly_fire.png
112 KB, 1280x960
What are some games where you can trick enemies into fighting each other?

It seems strange that Doom, being the huge influential game-changer that it was, is still fairly unique with this feature; I can't think of any action games where you can make enemies battle each other outisde of mind-control abilities.
>>
http://www.giantbomb.com/monster-infighting/3015-2185/games/
>>
>>320389328
Most games nowadays have humanoid/sapient enemies and it wouldn't make much sense for them to fight each other over friendly fire. The real question is why don't we have more games with strange beast-like enemies.
>>
In the old original operation flashpoint the AI will register you as an enemy if you kill more than one friendly soldier.

The campaign of the old OFP was pretty open in that regard. You could kill your whole team and finish the mission alone by yourself if you so wished. But then any other friendly tank or soldier would try to kill you.

I've never tried having an NPC kill two of the same faction to see if other NPCs of same faction will turn against the teamkilling NPC.

Brb, reinstalling OFP.
>>
>>320389328
minecraft lol
>>
Tribes RPG had monsters that would fight each other if you lured different species together.
>>
Not sure about the first, but I played Zeno Clash 2 recently and there was friendly fire; enemies will occasionally swing at each other a few times afterwards.
>>
>>320389328
Killing Floor 2
Bethesda games
>>
>>320389719
Modern AAA games don't dare to be experimental because money. They see what sells the most and copy a succsesfull formula instead of trying to make something new and different.

Back in the 90's there was no "sucsessfully working formula". That's why a lot of older PC games are very varied and different.

Just look at MMO's before World of Warcraft and every big MMO after World of Warcraft. Before WoW you had a lot of very different MMO's. After WoW you have other developers copy WoW formula because it sold a lot.
>>
>>320389328
I remember getting dinosaurs and humans to fight each other in Turok.

Fun times.
>>
>>320389328
Severance: Blade of Darkness. I don't remember them targeting each other, but positioning the enemies to accidentally behead their was a good strategy.
>>
>>320389557
Huh, how about that

>Metroid Prime

Wow, really?
>>
File: KFGame_2015-12-14_18-59-45.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KFGame_2015-12-14_18-59-45.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Dont know any right now, but somewhat fitting this happened recently while playing kf2. DidnĀ“t know enemies could aggro each other
>>
Serious Sam and KF2
>>
>>320389328
I used to do that in GTA IV all the time

>punch a pedestrian
>gets salty and starts throwing punches
>walk into a crowd
>punches another ped
>3-4 peds fighting each other
>walk away while the cops arrive
>>
KF 1 had it too, don't just talk about KF2 you normies.
>>
Phantasy Star Online if you play as a cast and use confuse traps. FUN AS FUCK M80
>>
>>320390692
Just going by the most recent game to come out friendo. I'm pretty sure the original mod had it too.
>>
>>320390880
>original mod
>friendly fire
not even once.
>>
>>320391025
>get flamethrower
>get kicked

good times, good times
>>
>>320389719
Because if everything's humanoid they can reuse animations.
>>
>>320391196
never played it back then. i'm actually making a mod for kf1 and fixing up kf mod now. stopped now and making a focus on KF1 and KF2
>>
>>320391363
Honestly the original mod was a pain in the fucking ass. Friendly fire, manual reload, and fucked up sights were annoying as hell. The only thing it really has going for it over the other two is no progression system.

Secretly my favorite in the series is KF2 atm just because the microtransactions are actually all cosmetic and not P2W bullshit like the Flare Pistol. Also the DLC sharing is cool. I still love all the games.
>>
Stalker
>>
>>320389328
Half Life 2 I think?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.