[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this once and for all Is Sakurai a hack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 630x.jpg (71 KB, 630x374) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
71 KB, 630x374
Let's settle this once and for all

Is Sakurai a hack?
>>
>>320388003
Nah, he actually had some sense, and didn't put Goku or Ridley in. Im a bit saddened that he didn't add K rool though.
>>
Yes. He's absolutely biased and is smug enough to think that dark pit is a dessert on top of Smash.

Demote him back to Kirby guy.
>>
>>320388003
Not really. He just panders to the lowest common denominator which is fine. If I was a developer for a AAA title I would want to make sure my game alienated as few people as possible. No reason to design a melee two because it would never live up to the original.
>>
>>320388003
Yes, but not because of his choice in characters.
>>
I don't agree with his opinions on Smash, but he still is one of the better game designers out there.
>>
File: maybe in smash 5.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
maybe in smash 5.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320388003
Fucking scum incarnate
>>
>>320388127
>wanting K. Rool

having autism is fun, huh
>>
>>320388309
>panders to the lowest common denominator
>continues to add characters from FE
>>
>>320388003
He's japanese, and probably sick of all this drama bullshit.
>>
>>320388003
Yes, he's the kind of designer that always goes the cheap and dirty route in everything, same as RareWare
>>
"He's a hack and he's ruining the series with these shitty characters" /v/ scoffs, Cloud downloading silently in the adjacent room.
>>
>>320388504
Easy way to satisfy the majority because anime is normie culture and to drum up excitement for Fates
>>
nah, he's based as fuck. he gave indie fags and banjo cuckzooie the middle finger.
>>
>>320388003
Based

Shame we couldn't get snake but he's based toward the games I like recently
>>
Not at all.

In fact, can we all agree that this man is the most based dev in the industry.

BTFOing whiny Smashbabies, and catering to a larger gamer audience and giving them what will make them excited.

Seriously though, Sakurai is based as fuck, he just puts uo with a shitty fanbase

>we want Mewtwo
They get Mewtwo
>we want Roy
They get Roy

Ryu and Cloud and Bayonetta are added, literally making impossible dreams come true
>wtf Sakurai is such a hack, how can he neglect his fanbase like that. He didn't add my irrelevant crocodile.

They're just never satisfied. You can give them what they want, but they'll always want more.

Smash 4 is a good balance between casual and competitive. You have combos and other competitive styles that don't require extreme autism to master
>hurr, this isn't Melee, what a hack

Seriously, how many devs update their fans with the development of the game like Sakurai has done with Smash, twice now. How many keep as close an ear to fan demands as Sakurai does?

Dude deserves major praise. Sure, he's made mistakes, like with Brawl,but he's sucked his pride and learned from them.

Sakurai is based as fuck, ungrateful salty Smash babbies can get fucked.
>>
>>320388003
I really like him.

But if there's another game in the series, I do wish that another developer take hold of it. Sakurai is old and tired, he needs his rest now.
>>
File: 1446922863440.jpg (118 KB, 779x408) Image search: [Google]
1446922863440.jpg
118 KB, 779x408
>>320388003
>adds in Cloud, which was thought to be not possible
>adds in Bayonetta for CRAZY
>fucks with Ashley-fags by including a costume
>fucks with Krool-fags by including a costume
how can one man be so based?
>>
>>320391062
Geno costume.
>>
>>320391238
Ah yes, I forgot
even better.
>>
>>320390049
How's that sakurai dick taste?
>>
He's not a very good designer.

So, sure.
>>
>>320388003

He makes what he chooses and cares little about internet bitching.

Not a lot of devs out there can do that.
>>
>>320391321
Not as good as your tears.

Stay salty cuckboi
>>
File: 1450152937959.jpg (212 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
1450152937959.jpg
212 KB, 600x872
>>320388003
No. Stay salty, K Rool fags.
>>
>>320391718
He just wanted to make a fun party game you fucking autist
>>
>>320392836
I was referring to his other games, but even his later Smash games have outright bad design decisions, like tripping in Brawl or the removal of jump momentum in Smash 4. I don't see how those two things make the games better for casual players.
>>
>>320390049
this
>>
No, he means well and none of his choices had malicious intent.

It's just a shame to see the things he gets wrong when there are other things he gets so, so right.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.