[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>but PC gaming is so much more expensive Alright, for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 1443365962415.jpg (223 KB, 1351x666) Image search: [Google]
1443365962415.jpg
223 KB, 1351x666
>but PC gaming is so much more expensive

Alright, for the sake of my argument let's just assume this to be true.

So what? My main hobby is music. I'm perfectly fine with spending thousands on a quality instrument because it provides a better experience and makes the hobby more fun, even though there are perfectly fine and valid instruments available that are much cheaper

Same goes for any other hobby. A painter spends incredible amounts of money on brushes if he feels that they are better than his current tools, even if the difference in quality is in no way proportional to the increase in price.

Somebody who enjoys movies might set up an entire room dedicated to his hobby, whereas a simple TV would work just as well.

Why is it so different in gaming? It's a hobby with the potential to entertain you for decades, why not invest money into it to maximize your enjoyment? Why are you trying to go for the cheapest, "barely acceptable" route possible?
>>
If you seriously like playing games you wouldn't play on PC.
Now go play League of Legends or CS Go and don't forget to buy their newest Skins.
>>
>Same goes for any other hobby. A painter spends incredible amounts of money on brushes if he feels that they are better than his current tools, even if the difference in quality is in no way proportional to the increase in price.

Bullshit
>>
>>320384538
UGH
YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

Consoles are the superior gaming experience.
>>
File: 1387903292311.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1387903292311.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>320385468
However, PC has been the MAIN platform to play all videogames on since like '95. A supplementary console for the few exclusives you really want to play is how you go about it with consoles.

Except for a very exclusives, PC:
>always has the best performance
>always has the best controls, not to mention that you can plug in any console's controller and use that if you want to
>is always the overall cheapest option, not to mention that if money is an issue, pirating (which is popular for all mediums) is easiest and most risk free on PC
>>
>pc games
>expensive
>a genre where sales happen constantly and games drop to 50% off after a year in most cases

compare that to the used game market where price gouging is the norm and you'll realize PC gaming is actually more cost effective in the long term
>>
I just ordered a new build last weekend, fucking out of stock parts are killing me with the wait
>>
I agree with you despite your stupid analogies. I just hate the mental somersaults people go through to try and make out PC gaming is cheaper.

>I can build a pc that costs as much as a console and is more powerful!
>if you don't factor in the cost for necessary peripherals (fuck off with your tv excuse, they have a purpose beyond gaming, nobody has a monitor mouse and keyboard just lying around for no reason) and buy all the parts second hand from some russian on craigslist and also factor in the cost for like 100 nonspecific games you may or may not buy and which you should just assume will never go on sale on consoles

PC gaming is more expensive. It's more expensive because it's better.
>>
>>320384538
You can see how much anger is building up for PC users. After LoL blew up and twitch.tv started the era of casual gaming, PC gaming became cool. Not because it is the better platform, the hip E-Sports progamer started advertising the shit of Computer components. It you want to be a progamer you need that Razer gaming mouse and a gaming chair.

This Generation of PC gamers are no true enthusiasts. They are no different from an Apple fanboy buying the product not because it appeals to him, but because it makes him a member of a special club. This new kind of PC user is not different. They built a group calling themself PC Masterrace and praising a company that give no real fuck about them.

PC offers a nice experience and for people who enjoy Mobas,MMORPGs,RTS or strategy games it sure offers a good platform.

I feel bad for true PC enthusiasts
>>
File: 1380300565297.jpg (9 KB, 119x113) Image search: [Google]
1380300565297.jpg
9 KB, 119x113
>>320386864
>started the era of casual gaming
Phone games came long before LoL or Twitch.
JRPGs, Call of Duty, Halo and Forza came long before LoL or Twitch.
>>
>>320386864
But even for a buttcancer-guy, he's factually correct you know.
>>
X = # of PS4 owners
Y = # of people who own a PC that is more powerful than a PS4

X > Y

For some reason nobody on /v/ realizes this, but then they wonder why the industry does the things it does.
>>
>>320387910
But why?
It gets the superior version of every multiplat, which are generally the games everyone talks about anyway.
Most exclusives don't differ from ones we saw 10-20 years ago. The only one I'd have enjoyed that comes to mind is RDR, and all in all that's just GTA: Cowboys anyway.
>>
File: [[[[[[[]]]]]]].png (336 KB, 540x415) Image search: [Google]
[[[[[[[]]]]]]].png
336 KB, 540x415
>>320386864
>Some people say "without exclusives, why buy a console?" Yes, why indeed.
>>
>>320385468
No I'll play some Arma 3, Insurgency, and maybe some Starcraft 2 or Dawn of war maybe....
>>
>>320389148
*rts games for autists *
nice
>>
>>320389251
Oh you got me there. We're all Autists. we're on /v/ for fucks sake
>>
File: 1427062592780.png (130 KB, 478x400) Image search: [Google]
1427062592780.png
130 KB, 478x400
>>320384538
>spending thousands on a quality instrument
>he doesn't know fruity loops can literally be any instrument it wants digitally
>>
>>320385468
Pretty good bait...
6/10 got me to respond
>>
File: bob-ross.jpg (542 KB, 1200x899) Image search: [Google]
bob-ross.jpg
542 KB, 1200x899
>>320385561
>>
>>320389251
Why do you say this? Because there is no good rts games on console?
>>
>>320389691
those sample libraries can cost upwards of thousands of dollars anon
>>
Money is so hard to discuss anonymously.

People always ask on /v/ if a game is "worth $60" as if that's a quantitative objective yes or no.
It always depends on how much you earn, your financial commitments and future plans with money.

Whichever route is "more expensive" might not be a problem for some people, but this might be a serious consideration for others.
>>
cant remember the last time i bout a pc game where i just put in the machine and it played. nope i need a steam account some drivers for my card and some for the controller, i have to go online to see if its "only my pc doing this??" whem the game doest work

nah senpai
>>
>>320389973
Bob Ross is God, so he doesn't count.
>>
>>320389973
He could paint the whole thing with one fan brush, I think the reason he uses the two inch so much is to fit a whole painting into 30 minutes.

Though he does always say they need to be good quality brushes, like you can't just use a regular paint brush instead of a two inch art brush because you have to tap so much.
>>
>>320384538

It's only really more expensive if you are one of those people who spent way too much on nailing several high end graphic cards into one motherboard and then spend all day whining on forums when the performance is a shit as someone running a single, two year old card and four year processor

Seriously, it helps to spend a ton, but really if the game is made garbage, it'll be garbage anyway.

Just buy a decent processor, a mid range - top graphics card and you'll be fine for many years.
>>
>>320390168
Starcraft 64
>>
>>320384538
Underages
>>
Its almost like consoles were made to be more accessible to people, like holy shit.

Eat a dick pc fags,
>>
>>320384538
ITT poorfags that can't afford the best of every world.

PC/PS4/WiiU
>>
>>320384538
No one cares what platform you play games on. Stop being an insecure kuck.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.