[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is diamond city about as big as megaton? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Diamond_City_GroundView.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_City_GroundView.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Is it just me or is diamond city about as big as megaton? I mean, its a baseball stadium for Christ's sake, is that even large enough to be officially called a "city".
>>
About how many people are still alive in the fallout universe?
>>
>>320383193
Fenway Park which Diamond city is based on is a literal neighborhood with a ballpark inside
>>
>>320383193
How many NPC's?
I'm level 28, explored half the map, but can't be bothered to go there yet.
>>
>>320383276
Aprroximately 3 million. Of which 2.95 are Raiders.
>>
>2 Entire sections of seats are uninhabited/inaccessible
>Great Green Jewel of the Commonwealth
>>
>>320383193
You can literally make a settlement bigger than Diamond City.
>>
>>320383408
Yeah itd be cool if they had some hanging houses or walkways there. Like Babylon or sum shit
>>
>>320383291

There's like 20 NPCs, truly a diamond of the wastes.
>>
>>320383276

There would have been a couple hundred thousand survivors of the war I suppose. 100 something vaults with 1000(?) on average habitants, some people survived otherwise(ghouls or unaffected areas). In the 200 years since then there has obviously been procreation, but also a bunch of slaughtering. I am not aware if there has ever been any information about the amount of kids people usually get, but let us assume 2. Some people live to become old but most people seem to get killed at some point.

So for arguments sake lets say 200,000 people survived the great war(in America, only country we have any real information about), some people got ghoulified right there and others at some point in the past 200 years, lots of those are still around. Also some old people that would help raising the population number since they don't get murdered. Then lets assume every couple gets 2 kids before they are murdered. That would keep the population mostly steady except for the few ghouls and old people. Still hard to say how many, but it wouldn't be too far fetched the number of people has climbed to 300k in 200 years?
>>
>>320383609
There's more people living in caves than Diamond City. You can go in to some empty houses and there's more than 20 bandits in some of them, that you just basically murder in cold blood.
>>
File: 1400813519054.jpg (6 KB, 228x160) Image search: [Google]
1400813519054.jpg
6 KB, 228x160
>Your face when you realized Bethesda is so fucking lazy that they added the settlement building feature so that you can build your own cities yourself, and couldn't be bothered to develop more than one city
>>
>>320383836
>Go to Gunner Plaza
>They just keep fucking coming
>Slaughter at least 5 times as many people than the population of Diamond City

Jesus Christ, and they were just doing their jobs too.
>>
>>320383985
>Vivec is bigger than every other Bethesda settlment combined

HATE TODD
>>
>>320384068

Quincy police station is even worse.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (276 KB, 1638x869) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
276 KB, 1638x869
>>
>>320383776
>but let us assume 2
That's the magic bit, we really don't know and have no basis to assume it would be two.
There are far fewer means of entertainment other than sex, we don't quite know what methods of procreation are around and how dependable they are, child labour is VERY useful if you are running a farming community or simply to get into small places adults couldn't scavenge from. Early on when people first left the Vaults (those ones that weren't completely retarded anyway), there might also have been a real determination to repopulate the continent, and with the general push to rebuild breeding more kids is potentially widespread sentiment.

On the other hand feeding yourself, much less a pregnant woman and kids would be really fucking difficult, I can't imagine radiation does much fun to you (could a fetus turn into a ghoul in the womb?), and child mortality due to few or no medical services and the million and one dangers of the Wasteland would be high too.

Still, in any halfway successful community the number of kids has to be higher than just 2 kids per couple.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.