[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you played it /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 202x249
have you played it /v/?
>>
>>320381624
Yeah

Was a good idea

Ended up as wasted potential
>>
File: pro-49[1].jpg (82 KB, 619x475) Image search: [Google]
pro-49[1].jpg
82 KB, 619x475
>tfw running up the highest skyscraper and knee dropping into mother
>>
Fun idea, but really repetitive and it's far too angsty for how retarded it is
>>
>>320381624
I played 1 and 2 over the last 2 weeks.
1 was good

I thought 2 was fantastic. The tweeks to the combat and evolution system made the game a lot more enjoyable to play. The side missions were more entertaining. The story seemed to flow better, but the set up made me a bit upset. Also, the black mothafucka main character was more entertaining than Alex.
>>
Replayed it recently and loved every second.
Gotta love it when devs put gameplay first.
>>
better than 2
>what dis button do nigguh? massa dun teech me how tuh use these stupid ass compooturs
>>
Yes, I liked it a lot but it had some balancing issues. Claws were awful from the get go and the blade was extremely powerful but boring.
>>
>>320381624
Yep, played both. Games weren't bad but way to repetitive after a while.

Much potential wastet imo.
>>
Making Mercer from onii-chan of the year into generic dickass villain was a shit move in 2, and they also dumbed down the combat for consoles, which is kind of shitty. In 1, there were dozens of special attacks for each ability, and unarmed combat had punch and kick along with specials you could combo into, and if you were good enough, musclemass would actually do the most DPS to soft targets.
>>
>>320382967
>and they also dumbed down the combat for consoles
what?
>>
I fucking loved everything about it.

Didn't play the sequel but I've heard enough. I pretend it doesn't exist.

Shame that the studio got closed, there's not even a chance of a sequel anymore. Ah well.
>>
>>320382967
I thought the combat in 2 was more complex since you could have 2 powers active at once, and you would get different combos depending on which two you picked.
>>
>>320381624
Yes.
>>
Probably the most fun I've ever had in an open world game. Goring everything in sight was great stress relief
>>
>>320383084
>>320383191
When they added in the ability to quickswitch between two abilities, they had to forgo the ability to use both M1 and M2 to control your attacks. This meant that your movepool with any given ability has been drastically decreased, even if you has two abilities are once, since your only combo became either "spam the key" or "hold down the key".
>>
>>320383345
that's more incompetence on the devs part
>>
>>320381624
It was great.
>equip shield
>run through streets and knock cars to sides and they explode and kill the citizens
There was just so many ways to cause destruction and death.

Too bad the military and monsters became too powerful late-game, so you couldn't just cause havoc anymore.
>>
>>320382578
This.

The ending of Prototype gave us the possibility for a interesting sequel with Mercer going after Pariah and the rest of the people responsible in general for the Blacklight Virus.

INSTEAD WE GOT HELLER!
>>
>>320381624
Yeah, unfortunately being AMDcuck and missing out on shadows sorta hampered my enjoyment.
>>
>>320381624
Prototype 1 is my personal favourite "Underrated gem/fuck you I liked it" game. I just like the lore and the gameplay, it's fun.
Too bad about Prototype 2 fucking everything up so badly Activision had to shut down the devs.
>>
>>320381624
I installed it last night actually and had to download a fix to get it to run 1920x1080 and then the sound was all fucked and high pitched.

I played it before but got bored very quickly.
>>
played 1 on shitbox and 2 on PC.
after a while it becomes grappling flying dude with bungee power over and over and "go ham on console"
>>
Dishonored with guns t b h
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.