[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Five Nights comes out >/v/ loves it >Several months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: five nights.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
five nights.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
>Five Nights comes out
>/v/ loves it

>Several months later
>/v/ hates it

Somebody explain. Did it get too "mainstream" and "hip" for /v/?
>>
Yup.
>>
Big youtubers bought in a shit load of 10-14 year olds to the series. Every fucking 12 year old who plays games likes this series.
>>
The community surroubding It are asstards and the antagonists became shitty creepypastas and yiff material.
>>
>>320379709
It's depressing because the actual content of the game is pretty interesting at the very least. Also the dev seems like an ok guy.
>>
/v/ liked it back when it was something semi-new to the table for a horror game and back when it was dirt cheap (Like 2 or 3 bucks I think) . the Vlad-stream where he conquered the shit out of night 6 was absolutely magical.

This was back before all the strategy guides and ai-notes had been figured out so watching someone retard their way to victory was refreshing because of the tension of knowing one fuck up meant he had to redo the night, slip one step closer to quitting and seeing chat call him a false prophet and shit.
>>
>>320379057
>months
>>
retards will say "it's the community!" but who is the real retard, the person who plays games and judges them on their own or the person who hates something just because people like it?

the only real reason to hate on FNAF is because the sequels are literal rehashes that barely add anything to the formula. the fandom has no bearing on this and if you can't do filter searches in google/youtube you deserve to eat a bullet
>>
>>320380215
>barely add anything

wrong
>>
>>320380308
>FNAF 1
>Make it to 6am while pressing random buttons to close doors, turn on lights and check the camera

>FNAF 2
>Make it to 6am while pressing random buttons to turn on lights, check the camera and wind a music box

>FNAF 3
>Make it to 6am while pressing random buttons to turn on lights, check the camera and seal off vents

>FNAF 4
>Make it to 6am while running towards random doors and turning your back

Yeah, plenty additions made every game.
>>
File: 1446491131229.jpg (53 KB, 692x488) Image search: [Google]
1446491131229.jpg
53 KB, 692x488
/v/ is not a single person.
/v/ is full of autistic meming retards.
FNAF just happened to explode on /v/ first which lead to aforementioned retards sticking to it because they thought it was an "in" thing.
People and especially those mouthbreathing retards are social and enjoy discussing shit. "lore" of this garbage is a great example of said "shit".
/v/ is also full of idiots who don't know what makes a good horror game and simply enjoyed this garbage.
ACTUAL majority (which I did not belong to because I was criticizing this game from day 1 because I am most likely just on the opposite spectrum of autism) did not give a shit about this game until it exploded to the point where the cringe spilled out of those threads and it became painfully obvious that the game does not deserve amounts of attention it is getting.
>>
>>320381013
Also FNAF 4 doesn't allow you to actually move. That's where the series should have gone.
>>
Because they released a shit load of pointless sequels for no reason. Also, the community is full of little kids.
>>
>>320379057
I can assure you, 70% of the said ''fanbase'' this game has, probably played 1 minute of the game and watched the rest on YT
>>
>>320381013
If it ain't broken don't fix it: The Game
>>
>>320381013
I see your point, but the way you play the game changes. Like you can't play the first like the third, there are different strategies to each game.
>>
File: 1449664756802.png (103 KB, 521x556) Image search: [Google]
1449664756802.png
103 KB, 521x556
>>320379057
ooh i love jeopardy.

what is "every indie game ever"?

/v/ hates anything that's possible.

case in point: undertale. literally the exact same thing happened. hell i even picked up the game because /v/ loved it so much.
and then like a week after release everyone started hating it. and it's hilarious to know that toby completely predicted it.
>>
File: thisgoeswhere.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
thisgoeswhere.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>320379057
It's a game with novelty that wears off after an hour or two. No wonder people start to hate it if autists can't shut up about it for months.
Same thing happened with Undertale.
>>
File: cosma.png (190 KB, 400x431) Image search: [Google]
cosma.png
190 KB, 400x431
>>320381387
>Like you can't play the first like the third, there are different strategies to each game.

That all should have been part of one whole game and sold for $40-$50 bucks

Talk about franchise fatigue.
>>
>>320381395
Except Undertale was a good game. And it did not become a caricature on the industry with 20 sequels in a single year. And it did some new things. AND, while some shitposting threads are there, you can see more retards bitching about people bitching about this game than actual hate towards it.
>>
>>320381641
the games are basically $5-10 though anon, what would bundling them for the same total price achieve?
>>
>>320381719
An escalating adventure in terms of game design that changes as you play, rather than piecemeal garbage that's repetitive?
>>
File: Capture.png (36 KB, 272x114) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36 KB, 272x114
Im 19 and I enjoyed the series.
>>
>>320379057
/v/ liked FNaF once?
>>
It's basicly another Undertale
>Good game, not GOTY material, but good game
>Worth it's price

But sadly
>Overpraised
>People spam it on YouTube
>People spamming threads on /v/ all day

Is not exactly the game's fault, it's just the austistic fanbase
>>
>>320379057
Only idiots loved jumpscare simulator
>>
>>320382113
Then why is Spooky's House Of Jumpscares an unpopular game?
>>
File: spookz.png (38 KB, 159x166) Image search: [Google]
spookz.png
38 KB, 159x166
>>320382215
I.. I love Spooky...
>>
File: 1360820624429.jpg (41 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1360820624429.jpg
41 KB, 400x250
>>320379057

It became a meme game much worse than Minecraft thanks to LPfaggots making it such, and that's not even a joke.

>Go to mall
>Stop over at Hop Topic for laughs
>Notice a good portion of 5-11 year olds eye balling the FNAF merc
>mfw they fucking know em and are acting very giddy about em

The worst offender was the youngest one I saw sperging bonnies name. I kinda wish I took some images so i'd show you guys what I mean.
>>
>>320382113
>lel only watched it on YouTube
>hurr durr it's only a jumpscare simulator

is not, it does an excellent job on creating an atmosphere that will fuck you up, it's the anticipation to the jumpscare that gets you

besides, name a horror/terror game that has no jumpscares
>>
>>320382059
>Good game
No it is not. It is a shitty "horror" game for relying EXCLUSIVELY on jumpscares that don't even fucking work 1 hour into the game because you already know their conditions.
It is a shitty puzzle ruined by RNG elements.
Content-wise each game is close to a goddamn Atari game because it is all the same fucking level repeated 6+ times with varying parameters.

It is NOT a good video game by any definition that deserves being listened to.
>>
>>320382568
Did you pay the game at all anon? You talk like someone who hasn't even beat lvl 1
>>
Same shit that happened with Undertale: the fanbase become an obnoxious circlejerk that, despite having a half-dozen threads of its own up at any given time, spilled over into the rest.

While the game itself is fine, the fanbase repulses people and makes them push it away. It has nothing to do with being a hipster. Plenty of better-known, more popular series are regularly discussed here without shit-flinging.

I like FNaF and Undertale. I can't really discuss either here anymore and I blame the fanbase. Can't discuss it on /vg/, either/ because all anybody wants to post about is how much they want to fuck Foxy or Asriel.
>>
>>320382568
The horror I feel comes from the anticipation of the jumpscare and the buildup to it, and it's more of a punishment for when you fuck up.
>>
I allways hated it because it's a shitty game. Sitting around and waiting for a loud noise to startle you is not scary.
>>
>>320382842
The point is to not let the jumpscare happen, anon.
>>
>>320380215
>implying it isn't
The "fandom" usually break the game and this was no exception. Even if Scott didn't release FNAF 2, the fandom will still persist because of both tumblr and the LP community. /vg/ was a god damn cancer center a few week into the game.
>>
>>320382886
>>320382568

>hurr durr it relies only on jumpscares
the point is to not fuck up, if you do things right you will never be jumpscared, and if the RNG was as broken as you say it is the game would be unbeatable

play the game before you formulate an opinion of it based on YouTube let's plays anon
>>
>>320382886
Maybe, but the gameplay is pretty unenjoyable in itself.
>>
>>320382891
fandoms exist for just about every single thing these days anon

if you're going to rage every time you see one doing something you don't like maybe it's time you turn off the computer and go do something productive with your life
>>
File: 1413997029766.png (22 KB, 576x306) Image search: [Google]
1413997029766.png
22 KB, 576x306
>>320383075
It seem I touch a nerve. Of course, I assume you're from the fandom and you're willing to defend these degenerates.
>>
>>320382886
Not if you're a Youtuber.
>>
>>320382380
So let me get this straight.. You don't like it because 11 year olds also like it?
>>
>>320383239
But anon, he is right. Why do you even care about the fanbase? Just play the fucking game. It's not even multiplayer, so you're not forced to do any social interactions with retards.
>>
>>320383505

I never cared for it, but the assfaggotry of videos, stupidity at cons, on top of hearing how it's a meme game which is accurate as fuck, didnt exactly help with making me interested.

Seeing children like the game made it worse, and bare in mind they were in the most jackass lookling clothes. At least one of em was.

>Douchebag golf hat
>Glasses

It was like seeing an underage /fa/ggot
>>
>>320379057
fuck you anon
i hated it from the beginning
>>
>>320379057
Coupled with percieved milking of the franchise and the absolutely fucking horrible fanbase, /v/ hates of all the direction it went after the first one, even if it enjoyed the original.
>>
Because several months later we already had Five Nights at Freddy's 2, 3, and had 4 on the way.

I love the creator, he's a pretty cool guy and he's pretty solid about business decisions, but it's normal to get sick and tired of a game getting milked.
>>
>>320383625
>you're not forced to do any social interactions with retards

The question was "Why does /v/ hate it?"
A board for the discussion of video games. If you post here, you are socializing. If you post about FNaF, you are probably socializing with retards.
As I am evidently doing right now.
>>
>>320379057
>/v/ loves it
ITT: things that never happened
>>
>>320380308
Fanboy spotted
>>
>>320385471
You're right.
>>
>>320383006
>if the RNG was as broken as you say it is the game would be unbeatable
No, it means that it will SOMETIMES, more often as you get further, fuck your walktrough up with shit like door locking in the worst moment possible.

And no, the game does not explicitly state mechanics behind each jumpscare and therefore it is impossible to avoid them if you are playing on your own even if you get RNG out of equation.

I know it's probably a bait for a "git gud" fallacy, but whatever. This board will definitely not get worse if more people realize that you faggots can not defend your meme game without shitposting.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.