[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
See ya space cows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1446374588963.png (60 KB, 729x857) Image search: [Google]
1446374588963.png
60 KB, 729x857
I think we lost bros.

Lazy cashhgrabs and DLC's are everywhere.
Devs just go for larger audiences casualizing their games and changing MC's into some overly emotional schoolgirls.
Japs straight gave up on us.
PC is in some dark place where it gets either shitty ports or shitty indie games, few really good sims and multiplayer fps does not make a good gaming platform.
SJW winning on all fronts, even ridiculous 1 million gamers petition got only 6.2k signs.
I mean 1m was rediculously high celling but to gather only 6.2k, thats depressing...
Its obvious not many people care about those things anymore.
TB dying

Where do we go from here, emulation and older games or just continue to snackockle on FFVII in 20 parts and buy "revive Aeripfhr" DLC
No point even waiting for vidya crash since there are too many casuals willing to buy what ever shit gets released and attack everyone who is disappointed in state of modern vidya industry.
>>
this is rupture farms
>>
>>320374050
Hi
>>
>>320376059
They say its the biggest meat processing plant on Oddworld...
>>
>>320376114
Folla Me
>>
>>320374050
>Where do we go from here

same place we were going all along anon. play the good games, avoid the shit, try to keep your sanity.

Or go make games and make the industry better from the inside.
>>
File: 1448641694233.gif (363 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
1448641694233.gif
363 KB, 192x291
Just ride it out playing shit from gen 6 and before.

If you sift through the mountains of shit there's still gems here and there right now, it's not all doom and gloom. Just stick to your guns and don't pay for AAA garbage or DLC-riddled dogshit.

Give it 10-15 years and being a "nerd" won't be cool any more, that's when video games will go back to being great.
>>
>>320376421

I hope it doesn't take that long.

>yay I'm 45 finally video games are not the biggest moneymakers in the world

But yeah, endure, its not even a choice, thats all you can do bar giving up this hobby.

Theres a new Nier afterall, so clearly not all hope is lost...
>>
File: 1434968063123.jpg (78 KB, 549x280) Image search: [Google]
1434968063123.jpg
78 KB, 549x280
>>320376421
>Give it 10-15 years
>tfw I probably wont live that long.
>>
File: Old Snake.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Old Snake.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>320374050
Video games have changed.

It's no longer about developers, customers or loyal fanbases.
It's an endless series of rehashes and reboots, thought up by publishers for stockholders.
Video games, and their consumption of money, have become a well-oiled machine.

DRM games carry on disc DLC, use exclusive pre-order bonuses.
HD re-releases and complete editions enhance and regulate their flow of money.
Developer control. DLC control. Hype control. Consumer control.
Every review is monitored, and kept under control.

The age of DLC has become the age of greed.
All in the name of averting average sales.
And he who controls the review scores, controls consumers.

When the consumption of video games is under total control, video games... become routine.
>>
>>320374050
Like this anon said >>320376421 in time a cultural shift will occur and something else will come and all the people will flock to it, taking their disposable income with them.

Gaming has become a prime target for the sjws/liberals because it's one of the places they can get results. Most people in game development are inherently beta so they are easily swayed.
>>
>>320377363
But who are the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo of this war?
>>
>>320374050
Just look at all the praise undermeme is getting senpai.
We deserve it. We deserve all the pain we are getting.
>>
>>320377841

What could come that'll take this over though?

And mind that I consider VR taking the casuals over to be just as much of a loss to gaming, as what we have now.
>>
>>320378881
Facebook will make privacy agreement that will make you sign soul away and normies who do this now on facebook anyway will not only allow it but also dogpile you for protesting.
>>
>>320380717

I don't understand the relation friend
>>
>>320374050
/v/ doesn't care either m8, everyone is too busy posting in the 15th DoA thread of the day and talking about what outfit DLC they'll be able to buy soon
>>
File: 1450195801989.jpg (266 KB, 1458x817) Image search: [Google]
1450195801989.jpg
266 KB, 1458x817
>>320381261
>tfw the only choices in the future will be either being SJW or being attacked and watching how things you love are being taken away.
Should I chose the side now while there is still a choice, should I chose the one that is not losing.
>>
>>320382085

>only two sides
>kill your own hobby or watch it get killed

Nah, there'll be always a third side, those of us enjoy what we can and don't get involved.
its called sanity
>>
we might have a future, capcom stopped
being dirty jews and have giving pretty good content lately
>>
>>320382085
Just play gta v, Rockstar is shaping up to be the savior of the industry.
>>
>>320382230
>those of us enjoy what we can
You mean you enjoy things you can while you still have a choice.
Soon that choice will be taken away from you, you will enjoy only what is approved by great cabal of great matriarchs and grand jury of cuckolords.

When they come to for you, even if you decide its a great point to be involved you will be on your own because your bros were killed off long ago while you was concerned with keeping your sanity.
>>
>>320382562
>Rockstar is shaping up to be the savior of the industry.
Did they stop trying to put a chock on the modding community?
>>
>Devs just go for larger audiences casualizing their games and changing MC's into some overly emotional schoolgirls.

Shit is this really a thing? The lead for my game im making fits this quota, but I swear I wasn't thinking about a wider audience.

What do?
>>
>>320382687
I admittedly and regrettably don't play on PC, but I know there are a lot of quality mods available currently and more coming out every day. But rockstar isn't making gta a better game by letting modders clean up their mistakes and develop content, they're patching that shit almost weekly and dropping large and impressive (and free) expansion packs every couple of months
>>
>>320382567

Your imagination is running wild son.

You see the thing is with the constant watering down of vidya that is happening - there comes a turn when someone will want to seize amazing profits by actually making a good game, because when everything is shit - something good will be a pehomenal success.

For proof, see Witcher 3, its a good/great game - not flawless by any means, but it is ENORMOUSLY outstanding relative to the competition - which were all going for low investment, big audience, marketing to sell methods.

This will always happen, and these games will always raise the bar that other companies are trying to drop to the floor.
>>
>>320383147

Rockstar decided to kill the GTA5 online mod which modders were making since it would've cut into their PATHETIC online mode's moneymaking schemes.
>>
>>320382754
>The lead for my game im making fits this quota, but I swear I wasn't thinking about a wider audience.
You just see general trends and follow them subconsciously.

It takes talent to write emotionally moving story without taking path of mediocrity and cliche.

Just remember latest Tomb Raider trailer, every word, every change of voice, every gesture and facial expression, I seen it all many times for many years.
There is nothing in that game that is original or creative.
Writers dont know how to write emotional moment in game without strolling into cliche and cringe.
Same shit with writing violent MC's most of them just degrade into edgy teenage angst phase.
>>
>>320383325
Their online mode makes money because people buy the game to play it, and the content they put out is worthwhile enough to some people to justify buying shark cards. There's no way modders could have made a functional online mode as expansive as GTA online
>>
>>320383325
It's back, the lead dev was just being a shithead and paid dearly for it. He tried to pull the same thing with some other CoD relates project but Activision didnt call his bluff, but this time T2 did.

The whole thing was over implementation of proper piracy checks to ensure only legit steam or social club copies could connect while keeping pirates out. Now that that's settled, it's back. For now
>>
>>320383572
>There's no way modders could have made a functional online mode as expansive as GTA online

Haha, expansive?
look up the word

Also, the modded online mode would also have generated sales of the game.

GTA5 online PC is a piece of shit full of cheating - what a moneymaker those shark cards must be.
>>
File: 1429366853399.gif (139 KB, 723x494) Image search: [Google]
1429366853399.gif
139 KB, 723x494
>tfw all I play nowadays are genesis ps1 and MS-DOS games
>>
>>320383712
Again, I don't play on PC so I don't know what kind of experiences you guys are having. But I do know that console versions of the 2 year old game are selling out at a lot of retailers this week because rockstar dropped the price to like 32 bucks.

Also, I think expansive was the right word. Online includes a free roam that has access to 100% of the map with no load times, great performance, and all kinds of events and shit going on with 30 player lobbies. There's also a shit ton of game modes that you can jump in and out of any time that are completely independent from the free roam. I find it hard to believe that modded online could even get the entire map working for more than a dozen people, much less all the extra stuff
>>
>>320384334

I'm going to say this but I want you to know I'm not saying it to insult you.

You are an honest to god consolefag and you have narrow, nay tunnelvision.
What you find impressive we find archaic.
>>
>>320378881
If anyone here would know what comes next they'd prepare to make billions rather than tell us
>>
>>320384857

>know

Well yeah but then random anon speculation is not exactly the same.

Unless 'guessing' is a valid stock market playing method.
>>
>>320384527
I do play games on PC pretty often, just not multiplats because I haven't invested in my computer in years and I know it couldn't handle anything more intense than shit like mount & blade or papers please. That being said, if being a PCfag is going to make me unimpressed with a game like gta v then I have absolutely no desire to join that club. That's just pure, unabashed cynicism to me
>>
>>320385283

As they say, ignorance is bliss.
Again, no insult intended.
>>
>>320385387
I don't think I'm ignorant to the fact that there are good games out there that do a lot of things better than gta, I think you're just jaded and negative as a result of your time on this site
>>
>>320386059

You are ignorant of the potential these games have - which have suffered greatly thanks to consoles and are all but snuffed out.
>>
>>320386179
Im perfectly aware of the squandered potential most video games have today, gta included. As much as I will suck rockstar's dick and praise them for some of the choices they made with that game, I still can be disappointed with some of the areas they felt weren't important in development because they wouldn't have necessarily motivated profits. Thinking about what could have been can't ruin you for what is.
>>
>>320386570
>Thinking about what could have been can't ruin you for what is.

Actually it can, when what is - is nothing special remarkable, and attempts to do better are attacked to maximize profits.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.