[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo: Mister Sakurai, our games need to sell more, could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: master_ruseman.jpg (45 KB, 325x277) Image search: [Google]
master_ruseman.jpg
45 KB, 325x277
>Nintendo: Mister Sakurai, our games need to sell more, could you perhaps help our advertisement to put a big face of an upcoming game in smash bros?
>Sakurai: Ofcourse, what's upcoming?
>Nintendo: Well, we have Starfox Zero with characters like Slippy and Wolf
>Sakurai: Nah
>Nintendo: Maybe Paper Mario, from our newest Mario& Luigi game?
>Sakurai: That just doesn't quite do it
>Nintendo: There's this new Pokemon fighting game with characters like Sceptile and Blaziken
>Sakurai: We already have too many Pokemon? Say, isn't there a new Fire Emblem game?
>>
File: 1450218241181.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1450218241181.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
SALT=200%
>>
File: 1450043271463.png (232 KB, 450x308) Image search: [Google]
1450043271463.png
232 KB, 450x308
>>320373470
>>
>slippy and wolf
>Paper mario
>more pokemon
>More FE

They're all in the same boat. Not one of these choices is the best, in fact I'd say Slippy/wolf would be the worst option
>>
I didn't give two shits about fates, but I'm still pissed sakurai thinks it's okay to spoil a major plot point of a game that hasn't even been released globally in one of the biggest fan service franchises of all time.
>>
>>320373470
>MIster Sakurai
It's Sakurai-san or Sakurai-sama you pleb
>Ofcourse
It's "Hai!", you nerd
>Nah
It's "Ie"

Holy shit why do I have to educate you people
>>
>>320373840
>Nah
>It's "Ie"

Back to Reddit
>>
File: 1449813281773.jpg (81 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
1449813281773.jpg
81 KB, 600x445
>everyone thought there's 5 characters total coming
>wolf and paper mario would have made the roster absolute perfection (minus k rool)

i don't want to live on this planet anymore
>>
>>320373680
Oh my god, I totally forgot he did that.
>>
>>320374058

>Wolf and Paper Mario

Garbage opinion
>>
>>320374058
>everyone thought there's 5 characters total coming

I'm pretty sure nobody thought that but you, since dataminers found 3 character slots being added in a patch.

We knew we we're going to get 3 extra characters for months.
>>
File: salt.jpg (112 KB, 1024x573) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
112 KB, 1024x573
>>
>>320374230
I'm pretty sure people assumed it was three characters on top of Cloud and/or the ballot result, though
>>
>>320374749

Nobody did that and you are stupid for even expecting that.
>>
>>320373470
>Nintendo: Maybe Paper Mario, from our newest Mario& Luigi game?
>Sakurai: That just doesn't quite do it
we already have plenty of mario come on now
>>
File: _MG_1730.jpg (20 KB, 335x503) Image search: [Google]
_MG_1730.jpg
20 KB, 335x503
>>320373470

Wolf and Paper Mario lol pls go

Another anime swordsman was a shit choice though.
>>
>"From now until the end, it is going to be fan service"
>an ad
>>
>>320373680
The fact that he/she can turn into a dragon? I'm pretty sure they've showed that off on trailers.
>>
>>320373470
Yeah because Starfox and Pokemon need more advertising compared to FE which Nintendo has invested a lot into but gave poor returns until recent years amirite?
Or adding side characters like Slippy and Wolf would somehow boost the sales of Starfox Zero, like when people think of Slippy and Wolf they think of Starfox Zero amirite?
Or adding Sceptile and Blaziken, because I wasn't aware Pokken Tournament existed, but now that these character are in Smash I automatically know about Pokken Tournament amirite?
>>
>>320373840
Its actually iie you baka gaijin.
ie is your home
>>
>>320374557
>>320373567
hello reddit
>>
>>320373680
NOW YOU KNOW HOW HE FEELS WHEN SOMEONE LEAKS STUFF BEFORE THE DIRECTS!
>>
>>320373680
Which one?
Sakurai spoiling games is nothing new. Sheik being Zelda was spoiled since Melee.
And I seriously hope no one looking to play Xenoblade in the future read the trophies first. He spoiled fucking everything. It's crazy. Mecha Fiora was supposed to be a surprise. I'll bet he spoiled more Zelda games while he was there.
>>
>>320377341
Kamui's fancy sword only shows up in the 3rd route.
>>
>>320377453
Wait is that it? That seems pretty minor of a spoiler. It doesn't seem like an important story element. It's not like he spoiled the climax. At least not that I know of.
He spoiled entire plot points of Xenoblade with just the trophies. Story in that game is something to actually get invested into. I heard Fates has a stupid as hell story that's hard to take seriously.
>>
>>320375615
>Or adding side characters like Slippy and Wolf would somehow boost the sales of Starfox Zero, like when people think of Slippy and Wolf they think of Starfox Zero amirite?
>Or adding Sceptile and Blaziken, because I wasn't aware Pokken Tournament existed, but now that these character are in Smash I automatically know about Pokken Tournament amirite?

It wouldn't be that hard. Wolf hasnt appeared yet in Starfox Zero and there are still people unnaware of hios existince. His smash reveal couldve be presented along with a Starfox Zero reveal trailer for example. Same couldve been done with Sceptile.
>>
>>320373470
>shitposting over an executive decision from Nintendo
>implying Sakurai wanted Con in
>>
>>320378282
Don't click this anyone who wants to watch Star Wars.
>>
>>320373470
>Not advertising Xenoblade X
Unfair.
>>
>>320378282
go fuck yourself, thank god for my shitty internet I only saw the top part of a face in red light. I know for a fact this is a SW spoiler so FUCK YOU. reported and I'm out of this thread.
>>
>>320375283
Not really. The only hint was thentrailer part whete Not Lucina is getting choke fucked by a human-sized dragon claw
>>
>>320380231
Seriously. They fucked up hard. I wouldve went for Elma or Tatsu.

Nintendos only job for Xenoblade X was to release it and call it a day. Its definitely not going to get anymore support like they did with Mario Kart, Splatoon, Smash, or Maker
>>
>>320375615
That logic doesn't make sense, what makes you think they won't have their trailers tie into the fucking game like they did with the FE guy?
>>
>>320382539
The logic is that you can guess the FE guy is from a new game even without a trailer, especially FE fans.

While for Skippy, Wolf, Sceptile and Blaziken, Pokemon fans wouldn't even know there were in a new game unless they already saw the trailer from their new game or read about it beforehand.
>>
>>320383942
That's stupid, people could very well easily mistake the guy for being from awakening if they didn't know who he is at all.

For fucksakes people still think Roy and Marth is from the same exact game.

Sakurai literally shilled the game in the trailer, if he did the same for other characters it'd have the same effect.
>>
>>320380231
>>320382081

Marketing is expensive. They are clearly not putting money into marketing Xenoblade because they feel the return is not going to be worth it. Xenoblade is a niche series and requires a lot of dedication to play. The original, even with the petitions barely sold (though you could argue they didn't stock enough).

I'm just glad Monolith Soft are still make these types of games and they're being localised properly with good voice acting. It's also pretty much confirmed it's getting a sequel from the way it ends and Monolith Soft's interviews. Their team isn't that big so they must be breaking even at the least.
>>
>>320384320
Then he might as well just show the trailer for Star Fox Zero during the direct because Fox is already in the game, instead of developing a new character.
He can do the same for Pokken too, since Pikachu is already in the game.
>>
>>320384936
Nice, now you're just being silly on purpose.
>>
>>320384635
Plus most people who on a wiiu have shit taste. They rather play the yarn series over bayo or 101. Xeno is easily 100 hours. Intimidating for casuals
>>
>>320374557
>salt
>spice
Sure is white people in here.
>>
>>320384635
Nobody thinks xenoblade x had good voice acting and it's definitely not proper if it's censored
>>
>>320373470
How about Midna to advertise Twilight Princess and to fill out the Zelda cast? No? Oh well, see you guys in five years.
>>
>>320373470

Woah woah woah, I guarantee you Pokken is going to include Pokemon specifically to reach parity with Smash.

If you start putting Pokemon from Pokken into Smash to hype Pokken, which is currently already putting Pokemon from Smash in Pokken to hype Smash, that creates a feedback loop, ya dig?
>>
>>320384635
>Marketing is expensive. They are clearly not putting money into marketing Xenoblade because they feel the return is not going to be worth it. Xenoblade is a niche series and requires a lot of dedication to play. The original, even with the petitions barely sold (though you could argue they didn't stock enough).

They removed minor features from the game for, as they justify it, the sake of making it more marketable to the Western demographic.
>>
>>320385226
The Zelda cast is too big already. Sheik and Toon Link need to be removed.
>>
>>320381974
>>320373680
They legit fucking show you Kamui turning into a dragon and his hand cannon attack in the fates trailers.
>>
>>320385320

I get your point, but some just skip a few steps. Sceptile for example was really popular as a smash character for gen 3 representation and completing the starter type trio with Charizard and Greninja. It wouldn't surprise me his popularity for smash got him into Pokken, while actually staying absent from smash.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.