[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>marth is in it because he's the original FE lord >roy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Lucina_confession.jpg (42 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Lucina_confession.jpg
42 KB, 400x240
>marth is in it because he's the original FE lord
>roy is in it because he was THECURRENTYEAR FE lord at the time melee was released
>ike was THECURRENTYEAR FE lord at the time brawl was released
>Robin was THECURRENTYEAR FE lord when sm4sh was released
>Corrin is THECURRENTYEAR FE lord

so can we admit this piece of shit is the only one that doesn't fit?
>>
>>320369904
Robin isnt a lord, dumbfuck. Actually, Chrom and Lucina are the lords of Awakening.

Using your logic we should question why Robin is in the game.
>>
>>320370375

Ok

Why is robin in the game?
>>
>>320370724
He's the character the player controls in the game, and more relevant to the plot than the main lord, so it still checks out
>>
File: lucina is literally my waifu.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
lucina is literally my waifu.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>320369904
Lucina is cute! CUTE!
>>
In addition to what >>320370375 and >>320371363 Lucina is pretty popular and is not becoming another face of FE. In addition to her own game, she's already also appeared in Fates, Smash, Project X Zone 2 and Codename STEAM. She's a Fire Emblem icon now.
>>
>>320370724
Because he's an FE character that actually uses more than a sword and the first FE char without a counter.
>>
>>320372224
You got the dancing Lucina webm?
>>
>>320369904
uh.... who gives a fuck? The gameplay is still disgustingly shit. Everyone will drop it after an hour, once again.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1651x1404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1651x1404
>>320372297
>Lucina is pretty popular and is not becoming another face of FE
>not becoming another face of FE
I'm just gonna assume that's a typo because of the contradicting statements.
I just hope Lucina's still popular enough to justify being decloned in 5mash, I actually liked her as a char in Awakening and Laura Bailey always gets me giddy.
>>
>>320372481
My mistake, that "not" should not be there.
And yeah Lucina being a clone is pretty lame, especially since all the other FE characters got unique movesets and even Roy got a bit of de-cloning, even tough Lucina is the most popular out of them and the one more likely to come back (Let's admit it we're never seeing Robin and Corrin again in a future game). The worst part is Lucina knows Aether in her game but she doesn't in Smash even tough Ike does. If they had just given her a bit more attention she could've had mostly Marth's moveset but with Ike's UpB so she's still not a total clone and fits more with her lore.
>>
>>320369904

Can they just fuck off and have their own fighting game?

There is clearly a demand for more Smash-styled swordplay, because they keep making Swordsmen archetypes. Why not just balance an entire fighting game around it? Hell, make it a crossover with another franchise that has a ton of weapon users.
>>
>>320373084
>There is clearly a demand for more Smash-styled swordplay, because they keep making Swordsmen archetypes.
But everyone is bitching about them. There's no demand, Sakurai is forcing them down our throat.
>>
>>320370375
Lucina is lord in name only. She does fuck all for the story and not even the game gives a shit if she dies unlike every other Lord in the series (plus Kris, Robin, and Sothe) where if they die = instant game over.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 585x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 585x496
>>320372798
>Let's admit it we're never seeing Robin and Corrin again in a future game
Yeah retard, let's cut the two unique FE reps, one of whom is a main character with official artwork, surely Roy's coming back in 5mash.
Decloning Lucina is the only way they can go on this, and with a little imagination, it's not hard.
>B - Sheild Breaker
>Side B - Luna
>Up B - Aether Drive
>Down B - Nidhogg
>Final Smash - Dual Falchions - basically her PxZ2 super with Chrom, cinematic
Fuck, I'd even take a Falco or Ganon-type decloning as long as I can listen to Bailey again, Marth's boring-ass face and monotone voice is the only thing stopping me from playing him.
>>
>>320373341
I wasn't talking about future Smash games retard. I meant future games, period.
Lucina debuted in Awakening. She's already appeared in four additional games since.
Robin debuted in the same game. He's only appeared in two other games.
Corrin debuted in Fates, and Smash will be his second game.
Now look at future games; not just Smash, just games in general. Out of these three characters, which one do you think is likely to have more cameos? Lucina is the poster girl of Fire Emblem, while Robin and Corrin are one-off self-insert characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (551 KB, 679x852) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
551 KB, 679x852
>>320373756
Considering how the FE games all have different settings and characters, minus a few direct sequel outliers, Imma just go ahead and say either none of them are returning or they're all returning as Amiibo Einherjar units.
Smash makes that popularity mang.
>>
>>320369904
Lucina was intended to be just an Alt for Marth.
You really need to go beyond this fact?
>>
Lucina is popular and they needed female FE representative
>>
>>320374359
But Lyn
>>
>>320374451
Yeah but she's not as popular as Lucina
>>
>>320374451
Not as popular, also lewd costume.
>>
>>320374451
>boring design
>boring voice
>boring potential
>literal nostalgia game
I remember seeing a PM vid and watching her play like Vergil, but then I remembered that that's not how Sakurai'd make her, and then I lost interest again.
>>
File: 1_1998.jpg (47 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1_1998.jpg
47 KB, 512x288
>tfw Awakening babbies killed Fire Emblem AND Smash Bros
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.